Episode literally goes out of its way to shit on the guidebook

>episode literally goes out of its way to shit on the guidebook

I'm fine with changing stuff but I don't see how you can be a fan of the comics and not find this absolutely infuriating.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=97PgkLg_jFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's easy. I just don't get infuriated with stuff in fiction.

But it doesn't. He even adds to it just to piss Webby off.

Thanks for telling me not to watch this.

I remember when the comics did this gag. Only it was the boys that were open to the impossible, and Donald was the one left looking foolish because that's the function he served in the old stories.

Now the boys look foolish to make Webby look good in comparison.

>infuriating

You never have and never will see a vagina

The whole point of the guidebook is that all human knowledge is inside it. It's a recurring gag that Scrooge and any historian within earshot are flummoxed when the nephews bring up an incredibly esoteric historical fact.

But nah, let's have Webby's scribbles be smarter because girlpower or whatever. Nevermind that the founder of the Junior Woodchucks was Cleopatra.

Did it ever have an entry on Terries and Fermies in the comics? I don't remember it having.

Where the hell Webby got knowledge about them is a great mystery, however. Or a product of bad writing.

The original cartoon had almost nothing to do with the comics.
This cartoon has almost nothing to do with the comics.
If your only complaint is "This isn't like the comics", fuck off and read the comics.

The annoyance I feel at the idea of the guidebook being wrong about anything is outweighed by really liking the idea of it having blank pages that you are encouraged to add firsthand information to.

The original cartoon was crap.

Don Rosa-tales are not Ducktales 1987 or Ducktales 2017 or Duck Avenger-stories or other kinds of Italian Duck stories or North European Duck stories or Bark-tales or Mickey Mouse 2012-short stories featuring Donald Duck and other Duck members. Just Don Rosa-tales. (Woo-oo)

I like them very much, but they're not the definite end for Disney Duck characters. All that really matters is that whatever the authors make them do, they're recognizable as the Duck characters.
And it's good that DT2017 is its own thing with its own take on the Duck lore.

Just like all the different Batman cartoon series.

>Where the hell Webby got knowledge about them is a great mystery, however. Or a product of bad writing.
She just reads the Duckburg News!
Which means that there's actually a bunch of other people who sighted them first. And she does mention that this spot in the subway is one of those place where Terra-Firmians were spotted.
The rest about their society waging a civil war and a rebel prince trying to overthrow a tyrant is just her making things up because she had no friends, and no access to the internet to engage in crazy conspiracy theories on Duckchan's /x/ board.

The guidebook isn't wrong about anything. It just didn't have that knowledge written in it yet.

It's the new journal 3, but with much more blank sheets (and Huey is a less competent Dipper).

> Doesn't remember the episode where Magica's shadow go rogue, becomes a very competent villain and basically screw everyone, Magica included.

Vaginas are gross

I really want to watch and like this show, but just hearing about stuff like that makes me mad.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to commission an artist to do a couple of PKNA comics in the style of this 2017 show. What do you think of these redesigns for Lyla and Tempest?

>Wanting anything in the style of this show

But it's not really changing anything. This Ducktales takes place in its own universe, with its own rules and continuity. Sure, it borrows from comics and the original cartoon, but it is something separate. Not an adaptation or sequel. Now, if the show breaks the rules it set for itself, there's something to be upset about.

Not bad, for what it is.

The old show isn't that bad you comicfag.

>Huey Dewey and Lewey no longer have the Prima Strategy Guide for Ducktales to give them the answer they need in any given situation

I know it's a departure from the original version, but nerfing it a little bit isn't completely unjustified if the boys are going to be distinct individuals and not just three hypercompetent Donald clones.

Was the book in the original?
They could have not included it at all.

simple, don't get annoyed by cartoon like normal adults do

Only retards get wound-up over moving drawnings

>Was the book in the original?
Yes.
>They could have not included it at all.
Everyone kinda associates the Junior Woodchuck Guidebook with the Duck triplets.

But now that only Huey's the woodchuck, the book also has to be defined anew.
youtube.com/watch?v=97PgkLg_jFY

It's actually good that the staff doesn't try to make it the deus ex makina book that really has all the knowledge ever crammed inside when the internet exists with wikihow articles.
It should be a book that helps tell boy scouts how to deal with situations that a boyscout might encounter. Not be an omniscient portal to all other sources of knowledge that has ever existed and will exist that can also tell you all kinds of trivia within its 250 pages or so.