Today is Bob Kane's birthday. Let's remember the old chap and post all things Batman

Today is Bob Kane's birthday. Let's remember the old chap and post all things Batman.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fadzZwx85e0
youtube.com/watch?v=f63MZR3npsw
youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-LAG8-QKk
youtube.com/watch?v=xM8zB6zm860
youtube.com/watch?v=mf8WEpfFlRc&list=PL0DDE1A8DCCD9882C&index=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck Bob Kane. Guy was a jackass. This is now a Bill Finger thread.

>Positive OP about Bob Kane's birthday

Didn't know hell had an internet connection.

I bet you like Stan Lee too, faggot

Lee actually contributed and gave artists a direction. Comparing him to someone as shit as Bob Kane tells me you don't read comics and follow maymays.

There was no comparison made user

Fuck that thieving faggot.

Fuck, documentary was pretty sad dude. Why'd you have to remind me. Has DC changed the imprint in the batman trades to include finger yet?

Should ever we learn how to send messages to an afterlife I've got a finger from Finger for this fucker.

Happy birthday you miserable old fuck

OMG, I love Bat Man! RIP, Bob Kane.

kek

Oh wow, we were born the same day.

Happy Bday to me, I guess.

saved

Yes.

redpill me on him Sup Forums

This is pretty much all you need to know: youtube.com/watch?v=fadzZwx85e0

>old fart Trump supporter

>Bill Finger dies in poverty from a medical condition he can't afford to get treated
>this piece of human offal lives to his 80s and dies peacefully in his sleep rich and happy
God doesn't exist, people.

Are you really that retarded?

I literally made no comparison

While we're on the subject, fuck Roy Lichtenstein too.

This vid triggers Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=f63MZR3npsw

>I bet you like *name* because you like *other name*
>That's not putting them in the same field, automatically creating a comparison between the two negatively

>mommie come look i made an irrelevant comment to get (You)s
>mommie stop slapping me

> Hey remember that time you stole credit from a collaborator?
> It's like I'm looking in a mirror!

>mommie
Oh, it's (You) again. Still with the mommy issues, huh.

Is the infamous clown painting story true?

Please tell me Kane is asked to sketch Batman at some point

in part3

youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-LAG8-QKk

Yep.

>“Bob had gotten to the point where he never drew anything. Never drew anything on the Batman comics, anyway. [Sheldon] Moldoff was ghosting them all and when he didn’t, someone else did. The only thing I think Bob ever drew was when we’d be out somewhere, in a restaurant or someplace, and a pretty girl would come over to him and say, ‘Are you really the man who draws Batman?’ Then he could whip out a little sketch for her, a big sketch if she was wearing something low-cut and would bend over to watch him draw.

One day I’m over at his house to discuss this newspaper strip idea we had and he’s talking about who we might get to draw it. I was going to write it and we were going to get someone else to draw it. I’m not sure what Bob was going to do on it except sign his name. I said to him, 'Bob, isn’t it disappointing to you that you don’t draw any more? You were once such a great artist.’ He wasn’t but you had to talk to Bob that way.

He said, 'Oh, no. Let me show you something.’ He took me into a little room in his house. It was his studio. I didn’t even know he still had a studio. It was all set up with easels and things and there were paintings, paintings of clowns. You know the kind. Like the ones Red Skelton used to do. Just these insipid portraits of clowns, all signed very large, 'Bob Kane.’ He was so proud of them. He said, 'These are the paintings that are going to make me in the world of art. Batman was a big deal in one world and these paintings will soon be in every gallery in the world.’ He thought the Louvre was going to take down the Mona Lisa to put up his clown paintings. I didn’t have the heart to tell him.

What's everyone's favourite Stan Lee parody?

youtube.com/watch?v=xM8zB6zm860

So a few months later, I’m up at DC and I ran into Eddie Herron. Eddie was another writer up there and we got to talking and Bob’s name came up. Eddie said, 'Did you hear? Bob’s getting sued by one of his ghost artists.’

I said, 'How is that possible? Shelly Moldoff’s suing Bob? But they had a clear deal. Shelly knew he wasn’t going to get credit or anything…’

Eddie said, 'No, not Shelly.’ Bob was being sued by the person who’d painted the clowns for him…”
"
—Arnold Drake

>20 seconds in
>300 excuses as to why it won't look good
>Bob Kane explaining to Stan fucking Lee how drawing works.

Jesus christ, this is like watching James Randi exposing mentalists on Carson.

>Stan fucking lee
Like Stan Lee could draw.

To be fair to Lee, part of what's gotten him so far is how he's able to get along with others. He's not going to start burning bridges decades into his bread and butter. For what Sup Forums thinks, Stan's never really been shown to be ruthless or obsessive over competition beyond getting sales up.

Stan can't draw, but even in that video it's obvious he understands fully the designs of the characters. Apparently Romita would run them by Lee to make sure they were how the characters should look.

he's more Gilbert Gottfried than Stan Lee

They did? Nice.

That’s not a picture of Bill Finger. That’s Robert Kanigher, writer for Wonder Woman. Https://www.newsfromme.com/2017/01/18/finger-puppets/

Damn, for a complete creep, dude had some serious face game.

Watch the video. Stan Lee schools him in every fucking aspect of drawing.

Bob Kane is an embarrassment.

He cant draw but boy does he know his stuff

I still read my copy of How to draw the Marvel way when i get stuck for ideas

youtube.com/watch?v=mf8WEpfFlRc&list=PL0DDE1A8DCCD9882C&index=2

Stan really sounds like an expert

Now look at Bob Kane's spider-man

That's Disco man.

And then Bob Kane fell into a vat of chemicals

What a dude

on top of that all of his creations were clearly labeled with both stan lee's name and jack kirby's or steve ditko. neither where ever snubbed from their creations (perhaps ditko but he brought that on himself by being an antisocial hermit)