Why do people hate him

why do people hate him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WApcUBcVMos
youtu.be/AZuYGCHOKzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

adult party cartoon

because he's a prick

He's impossible to work with, apparently. Like, make you do 200 takes for a single scream impossible.

Not to mention that entire sexual harassment thing.

Because IRL hes a notorious asshole and its been rumored hes harassed women far worse then chris "incest is wincest" savino, but has gotten away with it because he hasnt made anything noteworthy in 15 years

Aroogant, smug, self centered cunt.

Did the cans cartoon ever come out? because if not you can add fraud to that list.

His claim to fame was a short-lived cartoon he was fired from and hadn't done anything of note since, he alienated himself from all of his co-workers, thought it'd be great to sexually harass his co-workers and put that in his video commentaries for Ren and Stimpy. Dude's a failure and still hasn't delivered Cans without labels 5 years after getting funding for it from kickstarter.

Nope, 4 years and still not finished

He's so irrelevant now that I bet he'll fly under the radar.

He probably will. And the next one to have a scandal come out might be someone who, in the eyes of the public, looks completly clean my bets on surcouse But anyways, regardless of how much a total cunt john is, hes still one of the greats, as he made one of the best animated shows of all time.

John K's thoughts on comics, their writers and Frank Miller
>It is theoretically possible that you could have a good writer who could assist the artist, much as you could have a lyricist work with a composer. The lyricist isn’t writing the tunes and without a good tune it doesn’t matter what the lyrics are. The thing is, it doesn’t happen. It doesn’t attract good writers. Good writers write novels. I mean that’s all there is to it. I mean, why the hell would you want to write a comic book if you were a good writer? Are you really going to write about guys in long underwear running around beating the hell out of each other? What’s the attraction to that? There’s no writing in it! It’s about vengeance. It’s about vigilantism. It’s about comic people. Where’s the writing in it? I don’t care who you are. Frank Miller… look at Frank Miller’s movies. My God, they’re embarrassing.”

>The interviewer says, “He’s considered one of the top writers in comics.” To which Kricfalusi responds, “Well, you know, it’s like saying he’s the top writer in bubble gum cards.”

>“Well, you know, it’s like saying he’s the top writer in bubble gum cards.”
Ouch

Capfags BTFO.

Do you have a link for that? I've been trying to find a source for that quote for ages.

He's an asshole so I get why people hate him.
What I will never get is why people around here shit on Ren and Stimpy all the time, which was groundbreaking and still a major influence in many cartoons coming out nowadays.

Hero Illustrated#15

He's wrong in many ways, but he's kinda right too.

In what way is he right user?

His highly opinionated personality is what makes him infamous. Also, because he blows the fuck out of dumb nostalgiafags.

>This looks like it was drawn by an 80s Saturday Morning cartoon artist with a gun to his head. Superficially trying to look like classic cartoons, it confuses 30s rubber-hose style with 40s pear and sphere style and gets every aspect of both styles wrong.

>No clear distinct shapes in the design or poses. Everything is cluttered. The clothes don't follow the forms underneath - they bulge out in awkward wrong directions. It's not visually funny or well designed or remotely human. It's completely contrived, awkward and insincere. It screams "lie".

Rude, big ego, unprofessional, animation snob.

Yeesh, dude was talking that mad shit. I'm shocked that no one's kicked his ass yet. Miller, and Billy West ought to have a few words to say to BIG SHOT.

If you're a good writer why WOULD you go into comics?
You could just write a capeshit book and be original and be free to create anything you want for said story.
But no you choose to go into an established mythos where you don't have to make up anything but what established character A does to established character B.

>why the hell would you want to write a comic book if you were a good writer
This is kinda right. Specially in the American industry.

And maybe this isn't right, but it's funny.

The irony of a man who can't write any humor beyond low-brow shock trash criticizing someone for the low quality of their writing is delicious.

He's constantly late:
>He got kicked off of Ren and Stimpy because he was badly behind his deadlines and Nickelodeon was threatening to pull the plug.
>He got The Ripping Friends canned for the same reason. All his staff where laid off.
>And it's taken him over 7(?) years to produce an 11 min cartoon her raised money for from patreon donations.

Here's PAD's retort
>Still, out of a sense of trying to answer a newcomer’s questions, I’ll be happy to respond to his query of “Why the hell would you want to write comics if you were a good writer?” I’m not blowing my own horn here; I’m using Kricfalusi’s own definition, namely that good writers write novels. Well, I’ve had over two dozen novels published, so by Kricfalusi’s standards, I must be qualified to respond.

>The answer is: Because I like it. Because it’s fun. Because writing is, in and of itself, a fairly lonely pastime, and I truly enjoy the collaborative medium that comics presents. Because it’s given me the opportunity to collaborate with (a) artists whose work I’ve long admired (John Romita, Sr., John Buscema, Gene Colan), (b) artists whose work I presently admire or with whom I’m friends (George Pérez, Andy Kubert, Rick Leonardi), (c) artists who were up and coming or unknown, and I had the opportunity to help contribute to their popularity (Todd McFarlane, Dale Keown, Gary Frank).

>Because I enjoyed comics as a kid and am excited to have the opportunity to contribute, not only to the art form, but to the grand mythos of a shared universe such as that which Marvel or DC has to offer.

>And, to be honest, the money ain’t bad either.

I find a lot of his casual sexism, homophobia, and racism on his blog pretty funny. It's enjoyable how little of a fuck he gives. Also, he's quite wrong about a lot of the stuff he criticizes or attempts to analyze. Still interesting to read his take on things, though.

Besides Ren & Stimpy, what does he have to back up all the pontificating? Nigger hasn't made a good cartoon in well over twenty years.

Blog?

I know I should be mad, but Frank Millers movies do suck.

There any actual proof of his harassment or is this just more "Me too" shit?

What would you consider to be adequate proof?

Being a prick will do that

Sup Forums hates him because he shat on Animaniacs

Ive heard the rumors for years now. Could be bullshit but considering these rumors are as old as the mid 90s i tend to believe them

Soyboys are upset when told the truth

Except his own dumb nostalgiafaggotry for 50s-60s cartoons.

He's an actual, literal pedophile

He thinks Hanna Barbera is the peak of animation.

He's right that Frank Miller's complete shit. But it's obvious John's never actually read a novel.

johnkstuff.blogspot.com

Let's not forget his overall hateboner on Spielberg because ET is a thing.

Because he too dumb to pick up that George Liquor is a horrible,ugly looking mascot for the last 20 years

Maybe if he tried something new that wasn't about his little middle-aged gremlin

Wait John K reads comics?

What are some modern things that John K likes?

I know he liked King of the Hill

Didn't he praise Steven Universe? Or am I mistaken?

What'd he say?

I could ask the same about getting into animation, if you are a good artist why would you go into animation?

Probably just to experiment with different mediums

Were criminal charges actually pressed and was he found guilty?
Or was it just some chicks saying "He totally touched me."

He had a creepy obsession with Katie Rice and even visited her when she was just 16 years old. They had a falling out of sorts and she refuses to talk much about him to this day. It’s pure speculation as to what happened between them exactly.

Read anything he has ever posted or watch anything he has ever done. I think that will make it clear how likely he is to sexually harass a woman.

>constantly rails against the pussification of men and loss of masculinity for today's youth

>when Spike funded his reboot of Ren and Stimpy he had the two literally ass-fuck on TV to close out the episode

what ever happened to Spike TV?

>Guy who only did one notable thing that's overrated shits on people that did multiple notable works

Bit of an obsessive snob, despite not being that great himself. I mean, Ren & Stimpy was okay, but you get more out of simply watching the 40's/50's cartoons he took inspiration from.

didn't he just praise something Sugar sent him pre-SU
it's perfectly healthy to detest Spielberg, though

I love his art, but yeah he's kind of a creep. Like I thought it was all overblown SJW "He doesn't remember the right pronouns all the time!!!" shit but after watching those introductory videos with the female animators, I'm sure he's got corpses buried in his basement.

I guess so, but the guy made great several great movies (Jaws, Close Encounters, Raiders, ET, JP) before settling into pure schmalz, so I give the guy his due.

I want to write exciting cartoons because no one cares about the messages if you put them in a more intense medium.

Also he is aware that there are comics other than capes right?

Because people hate ones who say the truth

I believe he praised Rebecca Sugar a bit as an up-an-comer with a lot of good potential, or something along those lines. Several years before she had her own show and was still a relative nobody, though, maybe around the time of early AT?

So basically you're saying that there's no proof until someone's actually been charged? Better question then, what proof do you think they would use to charge him with?

>John K praised Rebecca Sugar

wat

Rebecca is actually a pretty good draftsman and her stories were fairly devoid of Tumblr before SU. He probably praised her early works like Pug Davis.

I think sugar is good at her craft but it's shocks me john would praise anyone from this era at all.

>(c) artists who were up and coming or unknown, and I had the opportunity to help contribute to their popularity (Todd McFarlane, Dale Keown, Gary Frank).

Sorry Pete, but nobody bought any of those comics for your writing; they bought them for the art. A dyslexic invalid could've written them and as long as Todd was drawing them, they'd have sold just as well. You didn't contribute to their popularity at all, you self-absorbed hack.

He's praised Mike Judge's work and FLCL from what I remember. He doesn't hate everything contemporary.

Frank Miller isn't in the condition to kick anybody's ass right now, user.

Didn't he start up a studio in Florida with Ralph Bakshi?

>talks the truth about that guy's flaws and calls out how he's following trends
>but still based enough to see his moxy and gives him an opportunity to work anyway
>even trusts him right off the bat with a full sequence to prove himself

You know, people give him a lot of shit for being an elitist or a creep, but this is fucking based, if I ever applied anywhere I wish I had a boss that cool.

here's the thing though, he was a shitty boss to everyone who wasn't an animator. Like forces voice actors to scream until their vocal chords give out shitty.

He's so nostalgic for the golden age of cartoons he hasn't noticed the world has moved on and that economic model bluntly doesn't exist.

Oh, and he can't meet a fucking deadline which negates anything he has to say about the industry. Being an animator is a job. You are paid to deliver a product, nevermind any meddling if you can't fucking deliver the product you will not get paid and if you're the lead on the project; congratulations you just got your entire team fired.

a boss who gets his entire team fired is by definition shit at his job. Who fucking cares if he gave squash and stretch a break? All his solo run projects have been fucking disasters.

Probably not. Like most things he probably took a glance at it an decided it was trash without actually reading it.

Just like Sup Forums

Something tells me that despite worshiping Bakshi, Bakshi would rather not work with John K. Personality-wise, Bakshi seems like someone who would be encouraging and fun to work with,* whereas John K. seems totally stuck up his own ass and hyper-critical. It's like, why has none of the great animator/directors who worked under Bakshi's Mighty Mouse with John K. (e.g. Bruce Timm) ever sought out him to work with again? Because he did nothing but shit on their work on the internet, lol.

*heck, I think it was like a dozen people who made Wizards, animation/art-wise. You can't bust balls non-stop with that type of workload.

Oh for sure, I'm not saying he was perfect or even very good at his job. But there's something to be said about someone who's willing to hire a flawed literally who and give them a real shot and work, than some HR lady that only gives a chance to people the staff recommended cause they went to school together.

the problem is that he is too autistic and ovethinking stuff

for example he's super autist about facial expressions, every single facial expression has to be unique and that slow down the process

The only thing I remember Bakshi saying about John K. is that he has daddy issues.

>here's the thing though, he was a shitty boss to everyone who wasn't an animator. Like forces voice actors to scream until their vocal chords give out shitty.

It's because

1) If you aren't an animator, you don't belong in the animation production process. At most you're an inconvenience he has to deal with, so of course he isn't going to like you.

2) No one works harder on an animation production than the animators. No one. So he makes the non-animators work at least a fraction as hard as the animators. If they can't handle it, then that just proves how right he is about the non-animators.

>john k is overly critical as fuck and scares everyone
>meanwhile, ralph is an inspirational fat old NY jewish kamina telling people to JUST DO IT

youtube.com/watch?v=WApcUBcVMos

Whatever you say Todd.

Bakshi was at least open to trying out different styles with his films.

He had the typical funny animal cartooning (Fritz the Cat), live-action bookending segments (Heavy Traffic, Coonskin), rotoscoping (Lord of the Rings, American Pop, Fire & Ice), rotoscoping mixed with traditional animation (Wizards), and live-action interspersed with traditional animation and rotoscoping (Hey Good Lookin, Cool World).

He was always open to testing out new ideas, influences and techniques. John K. is rigid in what he believes a "real cartoon" is and won't open his mind up to other techniques or approaches. He has his definition of a "real cartoon" and it is immutable.

>Sucrose

How do you figure?

Heard from one of the many girls he courted that he has CP on his computer

If they haven't reported that to the authorities because they want to protect their own career then that girl you may or may not know is absolute human garbage.

John K. should make a show for Adult Swim, the network that airs new episodes of something every two or three years.

While I think he has some merit in his criticisms of the character designs (I loved that show growing up but it really is full of Hollywood in-jokes and Editorial-style characters - why the fuck would you have a Jerry Lewis character?).

But at the same time this is a guy designing characters like Dimbulb Duck and Nose-Hat.

The Heartaches is waifu material.

Ive also heard this. He is an actual literal pedophile.

Imagine you're 15 and dating your idol John K in secret, living in his house, and you find CP. You dont know up from down, you're just a kid, what are you gonna do get your hero arrested? Blaming a kid for not knowing how to properly report a pedophile is some bullshit

I'd watch a show about pablo, Jim and georges.

Raplh, Floppy, Squirtamazoon, white, and Half-life are kinda interesting.

Some of those are clearly just parodies of other stuff or just weird for the sake of being weird, but they're not totally without merit.

Aye, but it's also Old Navy commercial material, which is probably why it looks so good; an outside influence with all the money (and therefore power), reigning him in.
youtu.be/AZuYGCHOKzI

Yeah I'm not saying ALL of his stuff is bad, but a lot on that sheet is unappealing or uninspired. Some are needless complicated and actually hurt the overall design and appeal, plus add to the time needed to draw and animate.

I will admit though, a lot of these would look right at home with being background characters or residents of a planet on Wander Over Yonder or something. Just not necessarily worthy of more than a background shot.

It's not too difficult to believe that Katie Rice might have found herself in that situation.

>If you aren't an animator, you don't belong in the animation production process. At most you're an inconvenience he has to deal with, so of course he isn't going to like you.
Oh fuck off, it's you again

Fuck off John K, this shit is why no one likes you.