Why do comic publishers keep pandering to SJWs when it always results in low sales and cancellation?

Why do comic publishers keep pandering to SJWs when it always results in low sales and cancellation?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2011/10/20/the-spinning-pennies-of-marvel’s-isaac-perlmutter/
comicsbeat.com/marvel-layoffs-the-cheapskate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-09.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because there faggot writers are too hellbent on their shoehorned message to stop, and because editorial is shit at marvel absolutely no one reels them in. Considering what happend at NYCC they absolutely know what there doing and how its pissing off people and they just dont care, so hopefully soon ike will kick their asses out and get his company back on track

Which comic publishers are you referring to user?

Because subtly goes unnoticed

That's what happens when no one reigns in writers and the writers think they're hot stuff.

Marvel and whoever's making that new Snagglepuss comic.

>whoever's making that new Snagglepuss comic.
Thank you user. For your cooperation I'll reward you with a (You)

Because print media is dying. There are other ways of making money.

Merchandising is replacing the income of print media. It's the same reason Playboy went with the tranny playmate.

They knew the mags don't sell anymore, its too much competition, but the logo is a huge moneymaker and they can license that out. It makes sense to buy into the political shit now to make money off licensing later.

In comics it's the same thing. They want to sell toys, costumes, posters and shit, the comics themselves don't really rake in the cash they used to.

It's why so many mediums are sacrificing their target demographics. The target demos are getting older, competition is fiercer so politics is being used over quality control.

But by scaring away your fanbase(which by the way is growing not dying), your replacing them with people who dont even buy comics. Most people still want a male thor

>Snagglepuss
>SJW

Oh, it's YOU again.

I like DC but DC is also guilty of doing SJW shit but atleast it doesn't get out of their containment books. Look at Superwoman, it's so fucking shit and they're virtue signalling. Fuck How did that get 18 issues.

SWJ cucks don't buy enough comics. The main clientele of superhero-comics are mostly people who don't want to read about pseudo-progressive political agendas and more about supoerhero stuff.

Because publishers read the dumb parts of the internet and think that the views and opinions expressed by the loudest and most frequent commenters are indicative of the opinions expressed by the masses. They then retool their universe to appeal to the aforementioned loud assholes, much to the assholes' collective delight and loud praises. They expect praise from the assholes to equate to increased sales, but the assholes don't buy comics. The publisher thinks that maybe they've not gone far enough and further appeal to the assholes and receive high praise again, but no spike in sales. This cycle repeats until sales start to fall.

Having alienated their core demographic, the publisher begins the process of trying to win back their actual customers. The assholes keep praising their new practices, though, and cause the publisher much confusion. Needing to placate the non-buying assholes and formerly buying customers results in poor world building. This is where we are now with Marvel.

That's part of the sacrifice. To go back to Playboy for a moment:

Playboy announced they were getting rid of nudity, people proclaimed it suicide. They were prepared to lose 500,000 subscribers. Some what happened is they lost quite a few but gained 100,000 as well.

These companies will create a market where one doesn't exist. The SJWs don't buy comics, true. But that doesn't mean that kids in the future won't. All they have to do is whether the storm which Brevoort is claiming that they are.

They are managing decline. You see they haven't changed anything except the numbering? The creative teams are even still the same. They don't care.

They expected people to drop off, and for that to be made up in digital sales, loot crates, etc. IIRC it's partially working because Champions, Moon Girl, Ms. Marvel are all hits with loot crates and academic packages.

>He doesn't read DC

moral highground and easy excuses

Also, remember---DC had JUDD WINICK, who's like the grandfather of social justice writers.

>SJW
Can we auto-filter this term to "decent human being"?
Someone wants comics to reflect the demographics of the real word, oh the horror!

Nobody likes moon girl, its suicide on marvels part and it will bite them in the ass

>Nobody likes moon girl
A bunch of anons who read her ongoing do.

Even if moon girl and ms marvel sell, whats the point of making shit like ironheart or america which no one likes

>Treating Angela's still relevant
Post America, you're just beating a dead horse

>Can we auto-filter this term to "decent human being"?Someone wants comics to reflect the demographics of the real word, oh the horror!

thisisbait.jpeg

It doesnt reflect the real world you fucking idiot. It shows entitled whiney boring chic flick bitchs who have no right to steal superheros identity like that bitch ri ri. Kill yourself sjw trash

Fuck off cuck! Go back to Tumblr!

Because they get free publicity from autistic manchildren like you

They should never have removed the filter that turned it into Spooky Scary Skeletons last halloween.

And then no one buys there shit

>being obsessed by wearing pink hair colo, game tatoos and a mulsim beard while talking about any non white like they are mongoloid children in need of constant care and spoonfeeding
>decent people
You aren neither of those words.

>whoever's making that new Snagglepuss comic.
DC

They also hired the writer of the OP after Marvel had fired her for this comic.

>Marvel had fired her
source?

The fact that this was her last comic for Marvel and she devoted two panels of her last issue to bitching that Brevoort was responsible for the book's low sales in a profoundly immature fit?

>hey, we're cancelling your comic and not putting you on anymore comics for the foreseeable future
What would you call that?

Firing means=termination of contract, what you're describing is they didn't renew her contract. 2 different things amigx

because SJW's have proven they have the social power to get people fired for not bending the knee. So those in charge (assuming they don't already believe in that shit) see a situation where they can either give them what they want,and watch their comic die, or they can refuse, lose their job and ability to find work, and watch someone else get their job who will give in and their comic will die.

Don't they mandate 18 issues for every book now because people got upset about their comics being cancelled 3-4 issues in?

Yep but they should have made an exception

They dont have that much power, dc is doing fine and there not bitchs to the sjw machine

Why is that?

Gimmie some back ground on that

>Because there faggot writers
>they absolutely know what there doing
>there

>hopefully soon ike will kick their asses out and get his company back on track
You can't be this fucking delusional, user. Jewmutter's the *REASON* that "Marble Editorial" is an oxymoron:
bleedingcool.com/2011/10/20/the-spinning-pennies-of-marvel’s-isaac-perlmutter/

comicsbeat.com/marvel-layoffs-the-cheapskate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/

The trade solicits for Angela showed that it was originally supposed to be at least 10 issues. They then cancelled it at 7, cancelled the second trade, and put those last two issues inside the first trade, meaning that her contract was originally for at least 10 issues.

DC is the exception. In fact, DC is outselling everyone BECAUSE it's the exception.

Marvel isn't struggling because of diversity. They're struggling because (in a "creatorship coup" that is about ego and money) they replaced their core characters that people cared about, related to and followed. That, and there is huge internal disfunction at Marvel right now, since the editors aren't doing their jobs and let the writes shit all over them. All of the people responsible for these two stupid things need to be fired.

Diversity just provides a handy defense for the selfish, pretentious a--holes who are killing the whole company. DC is also doing diversity, but they're not using it as excuse to slander fans or replace beloved characters.

He's exaggerating. This panel was in the second to last issue though. Mind you, none of the people speaking actually have 4th wall breaking powers.

I actually liked Angela *shrugs*
The book was heavy with pop culture references, which I could do without, but Queen of Hel was a dope story.

Oh wow. I didn't notice that at the time. I do remember the writer saying it was supposed to be a short run, but she might've lied.

>I actually liked Angela *shrugs*
... what? The first volume where Gillen was co-writing was OK, but Queen of Hel was one of the worst comics Marvel has published in years. Not America bad, sure, but still the worst of the ANAD launch.

The art when Hans was doing it was 11/10 though.

It's insanely bad dude.

>*shrugs*

Because liberalism is a mental illness. Profit is meaningless over their corrupt agenda

But that's just my personal taste speaking and if you liked it, then good for you, I just... don't really see how. I don't think it's bad because of "SJW" reasons like most of the people in this thread would probably bitch about, but Bennett is the worst kind of schlocky writer to me. Constant out of place pop culture references and 4th wall breaking from characters that really shouldn't be doing them.

>sjws
>having children
Dogs don't buy comics.

This. Marvel is finished.

I didn't really have a problem with it outside of the pop culture stuff.

Angela fighting to save her gf is romantic and a worthwhile tale. The writing was meh, but I was on board.

SJWs are vile sexual deviants and Pedophiles

I agree. Dog moms are the worst

>DC is outselling everyone
You know anyone can just look up the numbers and see how wrong you are, right?

Dollar Share:
Marvel: 37.97%
DC: 30.21%
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-09.html

I had no issues with the plot itself. If anything, that's what made me like it even less. It was a GOOD plot (Angela fights through Hel to save her girlfriend's soul and usurps the Queen of Hel in the process). I was all kinds of onboard for that. But the dialogue ranged from mediocre to painful to read. You had fucking Balder of all people complaining about missing the new episode of Game of Thrones and not being able to get Netflix in Hel. Balder! And while I generally like 4th wall breaking for certain characters, near constant 4th wall breaking from characters that don't have powers which would allow them to break the 4th wall was remarkably jarring.

Also, I just kinda don't like Sera. Angela is a cool character but Sera was, at best, annoying in Asgard's Assassin and only got worse once Gillen wasn't around anymore. But I shipped Angela with Gamora, so maybe that was a factor in why I hated Sera so much. ****SHRUG****

Comichron is a Disney subsidiary and they cook the books. This is a well known fact to anyone that isn't a newfag or a shill.

>MARVEL IS TOTALLY OUTSELLING DC GUYS
>IGNORE THAT THE CHART IS PREORDERS
>IGNORE THAT MARVEL FLOODS THE MARKET WITH HIGHER PRICED BOOKS
>BUT MARVEL IS TOTALLY OUTSELLING DC AND YOU'RE WRONG

Typical.

>Comichron is a Disney shill!!!

You're as dumb as Unless both of you are the same person trying to make a fake argument, in which case you're twice as stupid.

I'm surprised that they brought the Leah from Secret Wars into it.
I was not surprised that they didn't ship her with Magik like Gillen did during Siege

My God.

Who write's this crap?

Margarette Bennett. Writer of DC Bombshells, Earth-2: World's End and Batwoman, and personally trained by Snyder in the art of comic writing.

I have seen this image a thousand times but I never read the comic this is from and I don’t think I ever will. It’s just I’ not sure whether I’ being stupid but I can’t tell is this real or a edit

I know this is bait, but that would honestly be a pretty funny wordfilter.

from what I gather it's real

It's real. Mostly. Mind you, the character saying it isn't the "actual" Bor, but essentially an illusion of him that was created by Hela to be "as offensive as possible." It's still profoundly stupid and the book sucks, but at least there's that.

DC has a mandate that every book at least gets 18 issues before being shut down. And let's face it, having containment book for sjw crap is better than having every single fucking book tells you that you are evil for having a penis. Marvel does the latter and everyone hates Marvel currently.

But people will buy overpriced figurines of gender-bended superhero character.
No matter how dumb female Thor might be, there's enough dorks who will buy figurines of female Thor doing a sexy pose.
Comics about a dumb concept now advertise silly figurines because horny losers will buy that instead.
Comics are now the advertisement, not the money maker.
If a comic actually manages to make a profit, then that's just unexpected free money at this point.