Were always shiting on marvel for there diverse new characters but what about DC...

were always shiting on marvel for there diverse new characters but what about DC? are they just as shit or do they handle diversity better? is there sjw DC?

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/culture/news/marvel-comics-hosts-first-gay-wedding-in-astonishing-x-men-20120522
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-reviving-hanna-barberas-snagglepuss-as-gay-playwright-1048870
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DC focuses on stories not quotas. As they should.

Green Arrow.

What about him?

You asked if there are SJW at DC.

He's a pre-sjw sjw though

Nope, always been an SJW. You just don't understand what social-justice is.

Superwoman is shit.

>is there sjw DC?

Batgirl is the shit book you're looking for
Batwoman is surprisingly light on the SJW

>XY as their Logo
Fuck now I want a whole costume built around it.

>Batgirl is the shit book you're looking for

Pretty sure that's an issue of supergirl.

>OP literally admits he doesn't read comics in his very first post
>Still gets replies

This is reaching. Green Arrow has always been an SJW type of character.

>I'm an alien who can burn cities by looking at them
>Why do people fear me?

DC usually has thought and good writers behind their diversity characters.

For instance for their Chinese Superman they got Yang, whose done a bunch of celebrated comics work, and who is reinterpreting various elements of the Mythos in a Chinese context set in China.

Marvel would grab a 'hip' writer who has never done a comic in their life and make them write an ethnic 20-something woman living in New York.

In the book's defense the tranny was way back in Simone's run and she hasn't appeared anywhere else beyond that issue iirc in rebirth.

The difference between them is that while Marvel has been steadily replacing its top heroes with diversity characters, DC is still pushing the characters created decades ago, and it has worked for them.

Black Wally is really the only bad example I can think of right now.

I was promised naked John Henry playing the bongos
I was lied to

>Black warlord being a giant asshole
I fail to see how this is SJW

>penis jokes are sjw now
Surely you have better examples than this

>I was promised naked John Henry playing the bongos
Isn't Henry like grandpa old?

No? He's at oldest in his late 30s

DC USED to be better.

DC can be just as bad as Marvel sometimes. I'd look at the introduction of Simon Baz and making Alan Scott gay as DC going full Marvel.

But after Infinite Crisis, we got the new Blue Beetle, Question, and Atom. These weren't the A-list heroes DC was replacing, and barring opinion of the Atom, the storylines were well written. Closest Marvel has come to that is the new Miss Marvel.

>Black Wally is really the only bad example I can think of right now.
Oh, I think I can help you out on that score, user.

But Duke had an whole arc in WE WUZ ROBINS to prove his capable

I need more examples of anti Commie heroes. Wally will always be the most based but who else is there?

Wally sucks. Gardner has him beat in every respect.

Kings Batman: Batcatbatcatbatcat levels of shit.

Snyders Batman: the usual hackery

Detective Comics: Average at best but hey look your favorite C-Listers are written competently so its 5 stars for you.

Batgirl: Literal shit

Nightwing: Sexy but sometimes its too far up its own ass

Green Lanterns: Hopeless is gone.

Hal and the GLC: Quality is all over the place. When its good its really good. When its bad its Darksieds asshole.

JLA: Hitch containment book.

Wonder Woman: Rucka went from meh to good. To early to tell if new writer is good.

Red Hood: How the fuck did this get so good.

Flash: Shit except for the button and Zoom issue.

Teen Titans: Shit.

Titans: Shit. Titans are dead.

Superman: Comfiest book out there

Action Comics: literally average at best

Supersons: Second comfiest book

Trinity: who knows whata going on anymore

New Superman: it's ok but since its the first time in a long while with the big two where a minority is decently written well its become god tier in Sup Forumss eyes.

DC Metal: The current crossover that has the same levels of insanity Axis had with Remender.

Basically the quality is the same as Marvel when it comes to good and bad titles. Sup Forums is just riding the Rebirth high to realize nothing's that different. Give it another year or until Doomsday clock to get out of this wild ride.

I thought he was muuuuch older during reign of the supermen.

>DC can be just as bad as Marvel sometimes. I'd look at the introduction of Simon Baz and making Alan Scott gay as DC going full Marvel.
Not disagreeing with you with the whole DC is just as bad but I disagree with the Baz and Alan thing, I mean Baz muslim thing wasn't really played out, he was suspected as a terrorist because his van did carry bombs, if they made Baz white he'd still be tossed in the gulag and with Alan, Earth-2 Alan doesn't share anything with regular Alan except the name, his powers come from the green ffs.

It's shit, but it's not SJW. It's just Lana fucking about doing nothing of value

That was way back when. I think they de-aged him since Nu52 and didn't touch him until Superman Doomed and now Superwoman

See OP? We still call out DC's bullshit. Imagine if Snyder had as much power as Bendis

But both were opportunities that DC used to get outside media attention, much like how the Northstar wedding was covered.

>Imagine if Snyder had as much power as Bendis
DON'T EVEN *THINK* IT, user!!!

>the Northstar wedding was covered.
That's pretty much the platonic ideal for Tumblr Pandering, user.

Does anyone even remember the rando's name he got married to?

DC's comics have their fair share of shit. It is just that Marvel has become such a toxic waste dump that DC's problems are minuscule in comparison.

DC is shit for completely different reasons.

Northstar was married?

Marvel is pandering to Tumblr and DC is pandering to reddit.

Exactly.

Pandering to Reddit isn't nearly as bad as pandering to Tumblr.

Black Wally is good now though. It helps that Priest is writing him as well as Williamson.

>he recorded himself talking about tanja's ass

Good.

>Marvel is pandering to Tumblr and DC is pandering to people who grew up in the 90s

And guess which fanbase has money and actually buys comics.

You only say that because you are reddit.

Neither?

>Black Wally is good now though.
Fuck off! He's still shit.

Have an upvote. Can't wait to share it with my wife and her son.

rollingstone.com/culture/news/marvel-comics-hosts-first-gay-wedding-in-astonishing-x-men-20120522

it isn't about new diverse characters, it's about how they force them in/force older more established characters to give up their roles while providing overly extreme SJW drivel over actual story telling and character development. This isn't always the case, characters like the new ms. marvel, Gwen Poole, and Miles Morales(pre-universe mashup) are well recieved while comics and characters like Riri Williams and America Chavez(current run, she was pretty liked before her current comic run) are reviled for their shit story and development as characters. DC for the most part doesn't do that, still writing good and even somewhat gold/silver age feely comics using both their new characters and their old characters. It was never an issue of old white male readers being scared of the lack of penis and increase in melanin, it was always about how the settings and stories were being shit on in favor of forced messaging and not very well developed characters.

Priest's Black Wally is the only good Flash in the past fifteen years.

It helps that NuWally is basically an OC creation due to timeline fuckery and Old Wally is back. But he naturally had a rocky start in New 52, man that wasn't great.

>DC is pandering to people who grew up in the 90s
Because that ended so well the *last* time 'round ...

It's gradually been seeping into DC books, but they're still nowhere near as bad as Marvel yet.
>the past fifteen years.
Johns's Wally run was great.

What did you expect? Black Wallyfags are delusional.

I am. So what? Tumblr is actively participating in a movement trying to destroy everything we cares about. Reddit may be bad but it's not nearly as bad.

A little weird but to be fair, I think she was trying to just make him feel comfortable since he was a completely new creature or something and establish a sense of identity so they know what they're working with. Somewhat different from someone who sperges out on a person they've never met before because he didn't know the right pronoun to use.

Well I actually do like black Wally in Deathstroke. I just like Johns Wally too.

you have to go back

>I think she was trying to just make him feel comfortable
"She" is a tranny; that's what the bit at on the first page about "deadnames" was referring to.

>is there sjw DC?
Snagglepuss is basically Truman Capote now.
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-reviving-hanna-barberas-snagglepuss-as-gay-playwright-1048870

Marvel would have a writer than just makes Kenan go "CHING CHONG I RIKE RICE" and calls it progressive.

DC makes comics about their popular characters, Marvel makes comics about characters they want to be popular

>Johns
>Great

>Implying Priest is not the only decent writer at DC

user he's explicitly Tennessee Williams, not Truman Capote

user you might be surprised to know that the 90s were good to DC and that they've been riding on the 90s popularity for most of Rebirth and Metal is pure undiluted 90s.

And guess what? It's making them shit loads of money. And you know why? Those 90s kids are grown up and buying comics. Where the hell have you been this past year?

>Metal is pure undiluted Snyder
FTFY

>user he's explicitly Tennessee Williams, not Truman Capote
Old/Dead White Fruits all look the same to me.

>Metal is pure undiluted 90s.
the writing quality is certainly similar

Batwoman but her sales are shit and likely cancelled in the future or digital first since her sales are a little better online where people look for SJW, in other way under 20Ks already

>hello i haven't read desthstroke, teen titans, or flash

>Those 90s kids are grown up and buying comics.
The kids of today should protect themselves from the 90s, user.

oh and the stupid Duke who is well nobody but a black token will have a solo book "Signal" soon though It won't get sales obviously cause there's many people who don't care about him

It's a mini anyway.

now they know 50% of the custumers are 30 years old or older while 50% is younger so they're pandering a half of their readership

Too bad DC is trying to emulate 90s Marvel and Image, not the good parts.

>the 90s were good to DC
Jesus, what the shit are they teaching you kids these days???

If I hate something about DC is how every single character in batman has to get a solo book at this rate there won't be Batman stories with popular characters anymore since everybody is busy in their own book that of course more boring than batman

>implying 90's kids have money

we had Batman legends of the dark knight as an ongoing of course the 90's were great

yeah, what could he possibly be thinking

Pleb

Yes, it was. His only huge misstep was saddling Wally with those twins at the end of his run, forcing other writers to cluelessly deal with them, which led to "Wally has too much baggage now, let's replace him with Bart" which led to "No one likes Bart, let's kill him" which led to "Why don't we just bring Barry back?"
Bill Loebs's Wonder Woman from the 90s is an underrated gem. Diana, space pirate, Diana Taco Whiz employee, Artemis, Wonder Woman. Fun stuff.

>Sandman makes up for everything else
Try again

>omg super mullet is so bad

Shouldn't you be in school by now?