"This time, the monsters are real"

"This time, the monsters are real".

Why did they lie?

Why did they spoil the twist in the trailers? They do this for so many children's movies it's ridiculous.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-8cn7LGoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WT9-3R_ZsM8
youtube.com/watch?v=YPIZW_XBM_M
youtube.com/watch?v=e_fxC_Xu-wU
youtube.com/watch?v=s-zn4pihU_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they don't care and know people are going to watch it anyways, especially kids.

They didn't lie

and did they spoil the twist about the zombies were actually trying to save them

Where did they lie? The Monster were real. The mystically empowered servants of a cat goddess and zombies.

The zombies might've been the trapped souls of the sacrificed, but they were still a legit threat.

>the monsters were real
>no mention or showing of the cat monsters that were the real enemies

Not only do you advertise that it's completely different from the Scooby show but you have an even bigger twist in the movie for people.

And that soundtrack? Mwah!

The monsters had been real for like the past 20 years at that point.

I remember hearing that the creators wanted it to be a plot twist but the advertisers ruined it.

... What the fuck are you talking about?

The red shirt cartoons had real monsters.

Because it had another more important twist.

Are you talking about the Thirteen Ghost of Scooby Doo, the preceding Boo Brothers, or specifically or is there another Scooby iterative that had monsters as a real direct thing and not just an implied "Haha made you look" thing.

Ghoul School had real monsters in '88 and zombie island was '98 so at least 10 years.

Yes, that's what I was talking about.
Also, that Arabian Nights movie had flying carpets so monsters may have been real in that too.

And both were written by the same dude.

The red shirt stuff is generally seen as alternate stuff. The idea was that it's the continuation of the original series where every mystery is a guy in a mask. They even hammer this in with the song and montage at the start of the movie.

Nearly every 80s incarnation of Scooby Doo had real monsters. The monsters didn't become guys in masks again until Pup Named Scooby Doo brought the formula back to its roots. Nowadays there's about a 50-50 chance of the monsters being real in any given incarnation.

alrights faggots, riddle me this

I never watched the more modern scooby doo cartoons, what's new scooby doo I think it was called. I've seen some webms of the show though, and it looks really fucking insane. Is the stuff in that soft-reboot still just the guy in a costume thing but reeealy convincing? or did they swap to actual paranormal stuff?

And Reluctant Werewolf...

But those were all... Kinda sorta off format?

It's more like Zombie Island was set in the traditionalist Scooby style of the Mystery Inc team going forward as a complete group in full effect.

13 Ghost only had Daphne tag along
The rest are Primarily Scooby, Shaggy, Scrappy, and for the above mentioned Werewolf story, some chick named Googie... Or Googy... I don't know.

Shaggy literally screams "SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU?" right before the music plays, too.

No sir, What's New Scooby Doo was earlier 2000.

You are thinking of "Mystery Inc." Which had monster of the week costume dudes and a slowly revealed cosmic horror plotline that culminates in Scooby and the gang murdering an old god with an ancient spear, resetting the course of history around them.

No, I'm not making that up.

>The red shirt stuff is generally seen as alternate stuff.
I jokingly theorize that it takes place in the computer game from Cyber Chase.

youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-8cn7LGoQ

This.

What do you mean? There being real monsters is a huge draw to watch the movie, not a spoiler.

That sounds fucking rad.

It was Scooby Doo keeping up with the times.
>Red Shirt era was the Scooby Doo formula getting stale, so they decided to cash in on the popularity of horror in the 80s
>Pup Named Scooby Doo was Scooby riding the baby fad of the late 80s and early 90s
>the early DTVs were a product of the more "serious" cartoons that spawned throughout the 90s (especially Thundercats)
>What's New Scooby Doo came out in the middle of an era where they were doing back to basics reboots for a lot of older cartoons
>Shaggy and Scooby Doo get a Clue was from the late 00s time when Flash animation had taken over and everything was dirt cheap
>Mystery Inc was from a time when serial, story-driven series were coming back into popularity (and was actually a few years ahead of its time)
>Be Cool Scooby Doo is a product of purely comedy driven cartoons coming back into vogue

You can use Scooby Doo to benchmark trends in animation, because it always goes along with them.

good thing i never watched that as it sounds even more retarded than criminals in a costume, and people say THIS is the crowning achievement of Scooby Doo?

They were never a threat. At no point did they try to harm Scooby and the gang. Everyone assumed they wanted to harm them and ran before they got a chance to see theyw ere trying to help

It's a lot less ridiculous in context.

The Duality of Man

When you have two seasons of build up and lore it’s actually pretty awesome.

I was going to say that as well but the movie really does point out that red shirt Shaggy deals with real stuff (that's real in his universe).

>Mystery Inc was from a time when serial, story-driven series were coming back into popularity (and was actually a few years ahead of its time)

What shows were story driven by 2010? Besides Avatar, I can’t think of anything notable. Adventure Time hadn’t gotten serious and shows like Kim Possible, Danny Phantom and KND are the only shows that I can think of that had some sort of episodic stories, and even those are reaching.

Transformers Animated

Young Justice

Serialized cartoons were still going strong up to 2013:

Symbionic Titan
Motorcity
Tron Uprising
Green Lantern TAS

>floating haunted bone in the Scooby inheritance episode
>laughing skull prop despite being unplugged in the tiki luau episode
I seem to recall there were a few instances of monsters/ghosts being real in the original show as well.

>Mystery Inc - April 5, 2010 to April 5, 2013

>Transformers: Prime - November 29, 2010 to July 26, 2013

>Green Lantern: The Animated Series - March 3, 2012 to March 16, 2013

>Motorcity - April 30, 2012 to January 7, 2013

>Tron: Uprising - May 18, 2012 to January 28, 2013

>Sym-bionic Titan - September 17, 2010 to April 9, 2011

>Young Justice - November 26, 2010 to Now getting a third season on Netflix after almost 5 years.

Yeah, he noted that Mystery Inc was ahead of its time in that regard. Those kinds of shows were just starting to catch on again when it was released. (and Transformers Animated was 2007)

Mystery Inc was pretty bad, and this is coming from someone who watched all of it.
The individual mysteries were asinine at best and nonsensical at worst.
You know how in the old series the gang finds 'clues' that aren't even clues, and they make inferences based on them that somehow conveniently perfectly align with the solution of the mystery, probably because the writers couldn't be half-assed to come up with a more reasonable and logical scenario of events? Mystery Inc suffers from the exact same problem. But it gets worse in that it takes pseudoscience and presents them as fact (within the internal universe of the show), which breaks the internal consistency of the realism the show is going for in the first place. Same deal with the mechasuits every villain has that can punch through walls and cut through steel, but can't kill a bunch of meddling teens. The final revelation was not worth it either.

I will never understand Sup Forums's hardon for shows based primarily on artstyle (which admittedly was good), the presence of waifus, or shippable characters yet neglect the most important thing which is writing. BCSD is like a league above in that regard.

Ben 10 UAF

Yeah, MI's mysteries sucked dick

What was up with that Jin-Roh soldier that kills someone that looks related to Velma?

The mastermind is a german Hannibal Lechter-esque African Gray parrot. Near the end of the series, he gets a small army of nazi-themed robots to act as his muscle. I can't remember if he stole them, hired someone to make them, or if he built them himself.

Nazi robots that are controlled by the main villain, a talking German parrot.

That was Marcie, AKA Hot Dog Water. She was Velma’s rival until the gang split up and they became friends. She replaces Daphne for two episodes when she refuses to come back to the gang and then falls into a supporting character role. She isn’t the only friend of the gang who gets murdered by those robots.

>episode 2 the sign Scooby sees says “the dog dies”
>season 2 his dog gf falls out of a helicoptor and falls into a coma, gets possessed by an alien goddess, but never actually dies
>hot DOG water actually fucking dies in the finale

wow.

If you want foreshadowing, look at the random scribbles in Pericles' jailcell during his first appearance. It's a complete map of the trial areas they have to go through to reach Niberu, along with a drawing of the thing.

Jesus fucking

When you realize that NONE of those shows got a proper ending

The underlying theme of the show is that there have been other mystery teens with their own talking animal companions, as a sort of play on/send up to HB's constant attempts to cash in on the Scooby formula.

In the case of Mystery Inc the team prior to the Scooby Gang is still around as adults, and they've all been pretty fucked up by the forces that have been creating this recurring theme.

Their talking animal companion was a Grey Parrot named Professor Pericles, that was not only super intelligent but downright Machiavellian and planned on taking advantage of his connection to the old god's manipulations.

To do this he eventually makes willing henchmen of his old friends and recovers tech from a prior team's Velma, the androids you see in this clip.

The girl (Known primarily as Hot Dog Water due to reasons I won't go into for now) was one of his pawns that tried to turn around and help the team. It's heavily implied she held a 'more than friends' affection for Velma.

The robots came from the Velma proxy of an earlier team who retreated to a deep sea laboratory to protect herself from those who would see said Old God unleashed on the world.

>TFW you look at how long each of them actually lived.

You're a fucking faggot, never watch anything again and stop posting here.

Even Scooby Doo only lasted three years on a technicality. It was really only around for one, before it got shitcanned. Cartoon Network just remembered they had a second season a few years later and burned the entire thing off during a dead timeslot over the course of a month.

Did the same thing to Secret Saturdays

Didn't they silently jam the last episodes of Generator Rex into an unannounced marathon?

maybe you should get off your high-horse faggot, cause people have differing opinions, you bumbling retard

In Prof Pericles’ defense, he was only evil because of the curse of the Annunaki. It was stated the animal of the group was always the most easily influenced. That’s why the mule of an older gang blew up the town. Still, fuck him, Brad and Judy though.

I forget why Scooby wasn’t as malicious. The gang fought occasionally or had problem solved but he was pretty tame.

Interesting. Could you go into a bit more detail?

I'd like to think it's because he was a Dog.

Isn't he literally an/descended from good annunaki?

Also why do these cartoon channels hate cartoons?

Cartoon Network was in shambles those years. Snyder had taken over in 2007 and didn't really know what he was doing. He had greenlit a bunch of action show, but was also trying to push the network more toward live action at the same time because he didn't believe cartoons still had an audience. Adventure Time becoming a smash hit almost single-handedly saved the network.

I have no idea what Disney's excuse was.

What did the cat people even want again?
They had it made on that island

I kind of like when it's 50-50. It adds more mystery to the mystery show when you don't actually know if it's a real monster or some fuck in a mask trying to steal a diamond or whatever.

They needed to sacrifice/absorb the life forces of living people in order to maintain the blessing of Bast and remain immortal, otherwise they'd just die.

They were basically cat-vampires.

Constant sacrifices kept them alive.

No it isn't because most people aren't fucking autists about goddamn scooby doo

>Having fun coming up with your own ideas for fiction is autism

Man, do you need like, a hug or something?

This would be a great plotline if it weren't Scooby fuckin' Doo...

youtube.com/watch?v=YPIZW_XBM_M

youtube.com/watch?v=e_fxC_Xu-wU

The hippycore songs of the original scooby doo were pretty good

Dam, Why didn't they just feed on no name folks, you don't invite the most famous celebrity teens group and expect to have them disappear , the island would be swarmed with cops

>forget why Scooby wasn’t as malicious. The gang fought occasionally or had problem solved but he was pretty tame.
He had the backing of the actually *good* eldritch space gods, which along with his pure love for the gang, kept the Evil God from indirectly controlling his mind. It still intended to use him as its vessel to bring about the apocalypse though.

>The monsters had been real for like the past 20 years at that point.

Thet had been since the beggining, they had like 3 endigs with ghosts floating around.

I think it was a bid to increase the amount of dumbshit tourist to come down to the island... And it turned into "Fuck it just kill them" after they found out more about the truth.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-zn4pihU_4

How many of the Scooby Doo animated movies had real monsters rather than just guys in costumes?

Hmm

Zombie Island

The one with the aliens

Red Shaggy's

There was the one with the sentient computer virus so I guess that counts

Then there's the live action pair

All that's coming to mind right now

There are only three worth watching with that premise, but revealing them pretty much spoils the story.
Here they are if you must know:
Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost and 2002 live action movie.

2004 movie is just as good, if not better.
Also Alien Invaders is maximum comfy with those dinner scenes and the Groovy song.

The Loch Ness monster one has Scooby see it in the last 30 seconds, if that counts.

Who the fucked watched the trailer for these movies? My parents just got them for me as they released.

The real monsters were the werepanthers not the zombies

>WHOA HOLY CRAP DAD, THE MONSTERS ARE REAL THIS TIME! WE GOTTA WATCH THIS!
everytime

Don't you remember Cartoon Theatre?

>mfw furst time was when zombie island just ran one night on CN and I never saw a trailer for it

Damn shit was amazing

Oh sure like you wouldn't attack or run away from a shambling corpse. Fuck off m8

Red shirt is a separate timeline

That’s not what I said. I meant they were never threatening. Yeah they looked spooky but never did anything evil.

not to mention Shaggy was BASED af in that movie

Hell, in that musical sequence one of the zombies straight up helps Shaggy save Scooby from quicksand.

This movie is fucking amazing. At the time I got this "Scooby-Doo" trilogy lunch box that included 3 movies, one of which was this one. I still have it along with an illustrated adaptation of the movie

I'd scan and storytime it but it's in spanish

I liked that they started merging some fuck in a mask and real monsters

Now with audio.