Meme warfare: how the power of mass replication has poisoned the US election

>Spread from the bottom up, political memes are now a form of propaganda – and it’s killing our ability to intelligently orchestrate a political conversation

theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/04/political-memes-2016-election-hillary-clinton-donald-trump

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1i2OKiqQ6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>"appropriated"
>implying we weren't born into the memes

>intelligently orchestrate

maximum kek

By intelligent conservation, they of course mean the ability to force the rest of the world into obsequiously sucking the cock of their narrative.

>REEEEE, no one is listening to the Marxist and Democrat new and propaganda anymore, REEEE It's not fair.

They are mad because they are not the only ones spreading propaganda now

he said it himself

bits of self replicating truths

the guardian is now satire

The left invented meme warfare. Lol.

>oh noes! the elections arent going our way!
>bad, bad goyim!!!!

Yes but our propaganda has basis in reality and it "clicks" within the minds of people far better

It was explained here

>intelligently orchestrate a political conversation

You mean we're fucking up your narrative? Making it hard to "Correct The Record"?

>bits of self replicating truths
>Artificial "truth" is okay as long as you agree with it

How is this new? Everything the left says is a meme because it's regurgitated and never true.

these insufferable cunts. they actually think THEY invented meme warfare. then they got all pissy when they realized the chans et al know how to meme better, stronger, and faster because they've been doing it for years. their babby memes don't stand a chance.

The la-le-lu-li-lo!

>he's implying that the concept of God is a meme

when has there ever been an intelligent political conversation? maximus kekus
newspapers love to speak about intellect, objectivity, reason and journalistic integrity, but never show any.
Actions do speak louder than words indeed

guardian was controlled opposition all along

>"appropriated"
>normies literally think that they were the progenitors of memes with their bullshit facebook kermit the frog and recycled image macros
>tfw meme child of war who had his childhood stolen from him because he discovered YTMND when he was 12

It is. Unlock the in-most deeps of meme magic, then you will know.

>Memes, Jack!
youtube.com/watch?v=y1i2OKiqQ6s

We are the masters of the memes; libtards cannot compete as they are too afraid of offending anyone.

>The reason why it is now possible for Darryl from Accounting who hates “social justice warriors” to have the same communicative power as a television network is down to the DNA of the medium: speed and lack of gatekeepers. Memes thrive on a lack of information – the faster you can grasp the point, the higher the chance it will spread.

He's literally calling for somebody to edit the internet to filter out inconvenient truth.

Kek. What these cucks don't realize is that memetic warfare is a response to all media being turned into propaganda.

>implying we 'stole' memes from normies

lul

that does it i'm textng my vote to hillary now

drumpf btfo;d!!! ;-^)

whistle blowers & competent linguistic Sup Forumslacks are the real winners in this presidential elections The meme's were just the frosting on the cake.

lol. People shrugging off top-down "dialogue" is somehow poisoning politics.

DELET THIS, it's too soon.

get out of here ctr. you won't be suppressing my vote.

>no Sup Forums logo in that bottle
Disregarded.

Media is Cucks

They don't want to give this place anymore power then it already has.

more anti-first amendment signalling/posturing

desu making political decisions based on memes is something niggers and poors have been doing for a long time

sorta sad to see white people doing it

>Appropriated
When did normies even learn the word "meme"? 2010-ish? We've been doing this shit since 2ch.

I think it was still a taboo, fedora-tier word until maybe 2012 or so.

>how meme warfare has fucked up the establishments ability to manipulate elections.

Ftfy !!!

>wahhh now that our enemies have successfully used X, X is now problematic and the reason for all of our problems

Atheist meme man has been doing it for the longest.

Christ, they're not even meme toddlers yet.

Everytime new methods of communication was created those in power looked for ways to censor and control it. It happened since the printing press.
There will be internet censorship by the state some day soon.

>our ability to intelligently orchestrate

really makes you think

Truth

They're not even trying anymore.

Leftards dislike memes because they're losing the meme war.
>He hasn't become a level 90 meme magician and realized that God is a master level meme.
Too poor for the premium subscription user?

The jews are salty because user comes up with top tier viral memes and campaigns for Trump for free while the jews spend literally millions of dollars for lame shit campaigns that never take off or burn too fast.

Fuck these people. The left as they present themselves should love this and jump in. They always talk about novel forms of communication, subverting established channels of propaganda, radical bottom-up stuff. There's even a big hippie-like merry pranksters aspect. It's also egalitarian and anybody can participate. They just can't compete and know it. There's no reason the left couldn't fight back with memes, except they have no imagination and realizing that hurts them since imagination is one of the values they claim we lack.

This 100%. I swear to god, Sup Forums should become a UN Security Council veto power. But nobody would get shit do-

Oh wait, there'd be exactly NO difference if they did.
Mea culpa.

The normies thought the memes were their ally

They merely reposted the dank; we were born in it, molded by it as we molded it

We didn't see normie tier bants until we were already men, and by then it was nothing but troll bait to us

Social media betrays them, because it belongs to us.

We will show them where we have made our hate machine, where we prepare to bring them to justice.

Then, we will break them. Their precious viewership and reputation, gleefully subverted.

We will need them.

Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first. Their narrative, or their ratings?

*returns salute*

KEK
>NOOOO GOYIM WE DECIDE WHAT YOU THINK NOT YOU
>WE NEED TO ORCHESTRATE THE CONVERSATION

this is the death throws of the legacy media

>Oy vey, we no longer can control public opinion because of memes!!!

The only thing I have a problem with in that logo is the sun wheel, or the lack of a diametrically conflicting symbol just to maximize the trolling factor.

Of course I'm aware Sup Forums as a whole "leans" more right wing, but you know.

I think we all know that political memes arn't new

What we don't realize is that memes are viruses, and the faster they spread an mutate, the harder it is to innoculate the white niggers from them.

not a badly written article for the guardians standards, no mention of kek though with meme magic

I've told this here before, this whole election was entertaining and interesting as fuck. I have saved so many of your tactics, the intention behind it, what worked and what failed...

Cialdini himself is probably working on a new book based on meme magic.

I'm going to work on the methods and tactics, do my research, how to apply them in Germany and test it next year with our election. I hope you guys will support us German bros.

haha holy shit someone got paid to write about meme magic

When the maymay hits your eye
And it's a dank AF pizza pie
That's meme magic.

praise kek

I love it

Words cannot express how happy it makes me to see the old media's reign ending and how salty they are about it. I'm seriously getting a half a chub over here.

It is.

God is truth
Truth is reality
reality is information
memes are the carriers of information, just as genes are the carriers of information (and so forth)

In the beginning was the Meme and the Meme was with God and the Meme was God

Kek sent me a dream.

In the dream, a sea monster rose from the sea, it had six heads, Hillary Clinton, George Soros, Bill Gates, Huma Abedin, A rothschild I didn’t recognize, and an Asian woman I didn’t recognize.

The monster was getting ready to devour a lamb, but the lamb surprised the beast with a sound louder than a nuclear blast.

Then a red ram with a golden mane rammed the beast, it’s horn stabbing the beast, and the head that was hillary clinton fell to the ground, where it didn’t stir, the beast flying away, leaving its discarded head.

Scared to invoke his name, wouldn't want the normies to discover the forbiden fruit

YOU STUPID FUCKING BETA KEK CULT CUNTS WE WILL WIN YOU ARE FUCKING DONE

PRAISE MOTHER FUCKING KEK

THEY SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED US

It was actually about time the internet took over traditional news reporting, it should have happened the moment YouTube got big.

> individuals who are socially isolated and more likely to be characterized as “on the fringe” have a greater chance at creating a successful meme

YOU DONT KNOW ME NORMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

haven't political cartoons existed for hundreds of years?

HE IS COME!
KEK is amongst us Anons!

Full House

>WITNESSED

Don't hurt snek.

Memes are the source of everything it seems, we have rediscovered somthing arcane, and with it we can rebuild the tower of babel

Witnessed my prophet. I will keep this in my mind.

WE

WUZ

MEME WARFARE

Intelligent "orchestration" vs. Counterintelligence = no narrative control

most people have no idea about the nazi/occultist imagery of that sun wheel. i think it's rad

KANGZ

Shit... i mean.... meme warfare.

>it should have happened the moment YouTube got big
I think without smartphones, this switch wouldn't come as easy. How many people check up news while on the train to work? How many spend a few minutes of their lunch-break looking at the news-collumn?

Well, either way - it has happened now, and it is for the better. Good enough for me.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."

>Appropriated

Bitch you were calling everything from 2008 onwards a meme when they were just macros. This is our culture. You are the appropriators.

im shitposting on my 40 inch flatscreen

>i'm participating in the meme war
what a time to be alive

>they think meme magic is just the effects of propaganda
Fucking retards don't understand that memes reshape reality itself through the gestalt consciousness.

>lack of gatekeepers
Ho-lee fuck, they name themselves at this point.

>"the faster you can grasp the point, the higher the chance it will spread"
They've forgotten how to report news since the turn of the century
>what is "short, sweet, and to the point"
>what is "Keep It Simple, Stupid"

We the media now.

I concur, Jews took no time in taking over radio after its invention. Same with television.

>I'm the captain now.

Don't get me wrong, I love the design, I'm just a little put off by its usage outside of Germanic antiquity.

I disclaim any title of prophet, this has only happened to me 8 times in my life, though it hasn't been wrong yet.

>Tfw if Trump is elected, my country won't be the main target of terrorism anymore

>Muslims will hate the US so much for electing trump, that the US will become the new main target

>tfw trump even wants to abolish the inspections over the iran nuclear deal, essentially allowing iran to develop nukes, and make all muslim countries hate america at the same time

So trump wants muslims to hate america even more while allowing them to develop nukes with no inspection. truly a genius, amiright??

>and it’s killing our ability to intelligently orchestrate a political conversation

so much this. I sometimes can't post my opinion without being called a cuck by some smug internet NEET.

I can make you admit that a "god" existing is probable after only a few sentences. Get on my level edgy atheist.

You guys focus on imaginary narratives instead of looking at real issues.

Here, have a real issue:
If Trump will get elected, he will abolish the iran deal (he promised to do it, remember?)

Abolishing the iran deal, means Iran will keep developing a nuclear weapon.

Trump = Nuclear iran, open your fucking eyes Sup Forums
Abolishing the inspection over the iranian nuclear program is literally gambling on the future of the world.
it's a direct nuclear threat to american and world security.

Just stop and think for a second:
Do you want muslim countries to have nukes while trump is president?
Do you even understand how dangerous this is?

This is stupid.... It's obvious in-context that the Moloch line was a joke, and by spreading this around, you're just making conservatives look like autists who can't into sarcasm.

Conservautism.