How can the new 52 suck so bad?

How can the new 52 suck so bad?

I mean, it's not like the bar is set too high for superhero comics anyway, but this is ridiculous. The drawing is lazy and unoriginal at best. The writing is unbearably bad. The storylines are fanfic-worthy. Have you read some of the Justice League stuff lately? It takes the concept of fan service to the dumbest consequences. These could have been written by some stoned Batman/Joker fanboys. It all comes down to them inexplicably being the most powerful beings of any possible universe.

I keep reading this garbage only pushed by morbid curiosity. I really wonder how bad this can get and I’m always surprised.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zdp1RfoyI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user new 52 ended we rebirth for the last two years

>Also reeeee metal is a batwank fanfic
Killl your self

But he's completely right.

It's true tho. Metal is by far the worst shit I've read.

It is a silly Heavy Metal storyline. Just enjoy it as it is going to be pretty self contained.

Aw gee I didn't realized. I thought it was the same series as Death in the Family and the one where the Joker was immortal.

>Metal is by far the worst shit I've read.
wow, must suck to be you. It's better than the majority of the comics nowdays.

Well, the Batman gang and that sort of Batman demon god have already destroyed the whole world. I would say it is completely all over the place.

sage

These days working at DC must be like this sketch:
youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zdp1RfoyI
Replacing 'Urkel' by 'Batman'.

>It's better than the majority of the comics nowdays.
>Actually thinking this
Wow, must suck to be you.

>it is going to be pretty self contained.
Are you kidding me? Metal is like the complete oppostie of being self-contained.

AT LEAST YOU TRIED, user.

The discussion is still valid tho

I prefer it to Marvel's YA fiction for spoiled, self-absorbed, vaseline-ass, tumblr tweens.

Not familiar with those. Care to elaborate?

Feels more like a parody of Batwanking. Like all the time you read a book, Batwanking is actually a force of corruption that spreads to the rest of the characters, removing what makes them unique and interesting and replacing them with new Batmans but with power, because HE IS BATMAN. Metaphorically speaking, Batwanking hurts the DCUniverse and anyone that isn't a part of the Batfamily. This is something that everyone and their mothers have criticized DC and rightly so.

Soooo... DC made a story in which Batwanking is no longer metaphorically killing the light of the other heroes, but it is literally destroying what made them special and replacing them with more Batmen. Batwanking is killing the joy and light of this world, because angsty bat bullshit and the writers are acknowledging it.

No it isn't. Everything you said was goddamn retarded.

>Feels more like a parody of Batwanking
But it's not.

I think I made some good points there. You wouldn't be so mad otherwise.

Welp, at least we proved OP doesn't read

How to tell? Batman driving a Flash powered Batmovile is utterly ridiculous.

>Other than tie-ins, every other book is completely ignoring its existence
>WW #32 confirms that everything is gonna be back to normal once it's done
>Not self-contained

But that's the entire point. this is a celebration of Batwank where Batman is the ultimate force in the universe. Batman beats up the DC universe.

But they're the villains, they're going to lose.

It's bascially DC saying "we all like a good Batman, but if everything is Batman it doesn't work"

That's a pretty smart interpretation and I wish it was true... but after all I've read from Snyder et al, I highly doubt that they are capable of such level of irony and meta-writing. But

I wish I hadn't.

Are you seriously, actually trying to tell me that Scott Snyder was writing this fucking scene with a straight face? Are you that blindingly autistic?

They are evil Batmen. They are killing everything by spreading Batwanking everywhere. They will get their ass kicked one way or another, because when everything is Batman then nothing is joyful anymore (kinda like the DCEU).

Hell, if I was Bruce I would probably feel like shit.

Are you seriously, actually trying to tell me that including a few jokes/funny moments in a comic automatically makes it a self parody?

Does Babyseid wants to watch Pepa Pig?! Oh yes, he wants to watch Pepa Pig!

I don't know how you can read Dark Knights and not think that it's making fun of Batwank

It's literally about Batman's insecurities threatening the multiverse. The Dark Knights themselves are so cartoonishly evil they could be Mortal Kombat villains. Barbatos himself is a literal Bat God.

This shit isn't exactly subtle

maybe they'll figure it out when all these godlike Batmen get their asses kicked by the likes of Mr. Terrific, Hawkman, and Plastic Man.

This isn't original even considering the same writer crew. They have already made every character of the Justice League to be the Joker. And guess what, Batman beats them all because he knows how to beat every other DC character ever.

>Batman's got some super secret weapon in a bag that's hinted at all issue
>IT'S FUCKING BABY DARKSEID DOING DEVIL HORNS
Fuck you, that goes far beyond a joke. It's literally the tone of this entire event.
FOR FUCK'S SAKES, THE '66 BATMAN THEME IS INCORPORATED INTO CANON AS A MULTIVERSAL SOS.

Yeah. That is serious Batwanking that spread into the book like a disgusting disease that pretty much eliminated what made the other characters interesting and good in exchange of a cheap story line that glorifies Batman.

I can't take this shit serious, it makes Batman looks like a fool and all the other Batmen as complete monsters. Nothing else.

Hell, one of them lost his Superman and became a hopeless desperate fool that is now messing around powers that will obliterate all the light in the multiverse. Fucking angsty bullshit is all that will be left BECAUSE of Batman and the constant Batwanking like the example you provided.

>all that amount of exposition
This should never have been published.

The tone of the entire event is dark, grim, and pretentious, except for a few lighthearted moments.

It's literally a book where Batman completely fucks up and is completely outplayed by his enemies, and literal personifications of his insecurities and fears manifest as Todd McFarlane/Clive Barker monstrosities to destroy the world, leaving everyone else to fix his mistakes.

How can you read this as an example of Snyder praising bat-wankery?

>I can't take this shit serious
You're not supposed to, retard

>I can't take this shit serious
Holy shit, are you a fucking idiot?

EXACTLY, GODDAMMIT! That's the fucking point of the whole post, dumbass!

How fucking dense are you?!

It's nowhere near that bad. It's a single sentence that sounds utterly ridiculous out of context, but makes perfect sense here. It's pure comic book ridiculousness.
Not even close my guy.

>But they're the villains
They are Batmans who beat up their reespective universe and are now equal to threats like the gentry.
That's Undeniably Batwank.

>comic books are so silly XD
Snyder fans are impossibly obnoxious.

Explain to me how it is pretentious.

Comparing two situation as one that is supposed to be taken seriously and one that isn't is hard for you?

Because the only enemies that can outplay him are different versions of himself. It goes to show that Batman is too goddamn powerful for the multiverse and every character that inhabits it.

Yes and Batwank is now a corrupting force of evil.

>it's making fun of Batwank
No it's not.
>it's literally about Batman's insecurities threatening the multiverse.
It's literally about how only Batman can save us from other Batmans.
>Barbatos himself is a literal Bat God.
Which just makes the Batman the center of the multiverse.

Good Lord. Are you from Sup Forums or something? Nobody is this fucking stupid.

Actually, each villain already won in its own universe.

Sorry, I just immediately tune out when people say this regarding this arc because it usually means they've missed the entire point

and they're going to lose to

-A guy with wings and a mace
-C-list Reed Richards with a terrible costume and a stupid gimmick
-A wizard with a bell on his head

-The actually threatening, but only to people who read Morrison and Kelly's JLA runs, Plastic Man

Just fucking read it.

Are you suggesting that just beacsue theu are villains that this lossible cannot be Batwank?
Have you forgot aboutbthe Joker and how Batwank made him the scariest and dangerous supervillain of all time?

The Dark Multiverse is canonically a group of FAILURE, nightmare universes.

The Dark Mulitverse is bascially a bunch of dumb ass ideas:

"What if Batman was the Joker!"
"What if Batman got a ring after his parents died"
Etc

Do you really not see what the event it about? All these Batwanking examples are from universes that should be destroyed

Not an argument.

>Gentry attack entire Multiverses
>Batmen are attacking one universe, and they are powered by a pre-established universal threat

I have. It's the exact opposite of pretentious.

>You don't get it, it's SUPPOSED to be stupid!
Yeah right.

>It's literally about how only Batman can save us from other Batmans.
The only thing Bruce has done so far is panic and fail to weaponize baby Darkseid. None of the focus has been on him at all. What makes you think he's going to save the day?

>falling for neogaf bait
Come on, you dumb faggots.

I don't know why you guys are giving OP the time of day considering he was that fucking retarded thinking we're still in New 52

Then you don't know what the word means.

>ad hominem
Explain how I'm wrong then. This whole event has been nothing but Batman, the entire dark multiverse is centered around him. Do you think a Batfag like Synder is doing this to criticize Batwank?

Burden of proof is on you, faggot. I've read it and absolutely nothing about it is pretentious. If anything, it's completely aware of how absurd and stupid the entire thing is and is utterly wallowing in it.

wtf is neogaf

No. They lost. All these evil Batman are from universes where Batman failed and the universe was destroyed. Batman can't do everything. Batman teaming up with other Batmen will undoubtedly fail, because Batman needs help

DC is literally saying "If Batman were everything then the DC Universe would be destroyed. Go read about these other characters"

It isn't even probably OP but an assblasted Bat-fag salty that Muh Batgod isn't going to save the day and keeps pushing the "Batman is the saviour" shit

Oh my god you guys, it seems that the whole discussion that we are actually having is pointless because I mixed up the name of the series. Great contribution faggot.

Read the fucking comics. The Batmen didn't fail, they universes just crumbled down. Dawnbreaker killed all of his enemies, The Drowned won her war, etc.

>What makes you think he's going to save the day?
What makes you think he won't? It's a sure thing that Batman is gonna be the one who saves the day, Synder isn't that subversive of a writer.

>DC is literally saying "If Batman were everything then the DC Universe would be destroyed. Go read about these other characters"
How can anyone be this deluded.

It's literally a coalition of Bat-men who failed to protect the world or otherwise destroyed it due to their own character flaws, who're trying to destroy the prime universe literally solely because they are butthurt that this one isn't a complete fucking disaster.

IT WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF IT WAS SUPERMAN WANKING!!!!!

Anatomy in new 52 is much more professional than it was before. Read JL

I like how this event is both stupid fun but also apparently a subtle work of genius.

They suffer, they were consumed by their inner darkness, but they did not fail. Dawnbreaker got everything he wanted, killed whoever he pleased. Quit distorting the facts.

Well, to be fair it does kinda makes you look like a normie.

Stay mad, faggot. Not our fault your hugbox collapsed because the site owner couldnt keep his dick in check

Jesus Christ, come ON. What about this is pretentious? How can you look at this comic and think that Snyder is writing it like it's supposed to be ultra-serious?

Also, JL vs criminal cindicate is great. Animalmen. I agree, that it was better before, but it is not bad

>Batman can't do everything.
Except winning against the flash or overriding a power ring at the age of 8 or kill all the metas in the world.
>and now he's gonna be a Godkiller
>but thos event isn't Batwank at all.

Pretentious does not equal serious. Read that sentence until you get it through your thick skull.

Well, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

English isnt your first language, is it?

U sure I'm the one who's mad?

>Pretentious: attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
So, describe to me how this event fits this definition. Because I am honestly at a loss at how you could be so dense as to think it is.

This. It's very disingenuous to try and phrase these Batman as failures when they're clearly Badass motherfuckers who pulled a Punisher killed the marvel universe in their worlds.

Them getting consumed by the darkness is the most absolute way ANY Batman could fail. That's the whole point of the character

This event is literally launching the Terrifically right after t retard, a group of C-listers.

All that crap is just set up to tell the story they want to tell

Soooo... Batwanking fucked their worlds? Yeah, i'm starting to see why this makes sense:

People in my country dont understand my interests;)

Red Death did not accomplish anything except fuck up ultra hard. Same with the Drowned. Murder Machine as well.

Nah mate, the Batmen were pretty self-realized before the universe crumbled down. Merciless and Drowned conquered the world and then were mad it was taken from them.

>Jamel White is actually a nice guy in real life.
>Found this skit hilarious as he admitted that his character's later sci-fi plots changed the show

>Red Death being everywhere, killing villains, did nothing to save his collapsing Earth
>Murder Machine went Judgment Day on his world and yet is surprised its doomed too
>Dawnbreaker practically caused Blackest Night himself thanks to his edginess
>Drowning sank her world into the abyss in her one woman war against Atlantis/Metahumans
Not a great track record for these Waynes, I'll say that. Amazing that they got anything done on Earth 0

Dude. The whole fucking thing about the nth metal. Antimatter. The map of the fucking 52 universes. 'WAGON. The root of the name... WAYNE'. Too many examples to number.

>Them getting consumed by the darkness is the most absolute way ANY Batman could fail. That's the whole point of the character
The whole point of the character is precisely being the darkest of all superheroes. This arc goes to show its bright side, though small, is the only thing that keeps him from being the most powerful being in the universe.

We'll at this point we'd be arguing about defining "Batman failing"

I doubt either of us will convince the other on changing their definition

I'll just leave by saying that if we had seen Luke fall to the dark side in episode 6, the audience would have seen him as a failure. I'm basing my definition on a situation like that. Batman failing is him becoming consumed by his trauma