Sup Forums Fixes Characters

Post a character that obviously needs work, and find a way to make them a good character, or at least interesting. Doesn't have to be the normal shit characters we normally talk about, they can be C-D listers that are either seldom used or have aged like milk. Only rule is that you can't kill them off.

First up, how do we fix Jane Foster?

After Jane Foster, Bumblebee.

>Play up the paramedic angle, make it similar to Donald Blake Thor where she has the dual identity, just like Masterson did
>remove the cancer and GRRRL PWRRR bullshit
>have normal Thor be dead, not unworthy
No one but the most cancerous of outragefags would have a problem with these tweaks

>First up, how do we fix Jane Foster?

She foreswears feminism, realizes life and struggles in the world are more complex than just Tumblr buzzwords and her next quest is going to figure out how to make the hammer or some other super being heal her cancer for her (and her ward) before its too late.

She is pretty fine but there are so many plotholes around her. Make her cancer magical uncurable, focus on her family, give her a new name.

Isn't it funny how The Mighty Thor has universal praise EVERYWHERE outside of Sup Forums? Hmm, I wonder why that is...

>Isn't it funny how The Mighty Thor has universal praise EVERYWHERE outside of Sup Forums?

In other places you get banned for "misogyny" if you dare critisize her.

Problem with Duke here is that like Haper, he's a shit creation of Snyder shoved into the Batfamily. As soon as he drops the Bat-relation, no one will care about him. He definitely needs a new name and costume. I previously suggested making him and Harper the start of Nightwing's personal crime fighting family, but then again he has the Titans so I'm hard pressed trying to think of solutions for either.
Right, because thats not exaggerated one bit. Like Miles, Jane has advocates. Not fans. Most positive word of mouth is from people who don't buy or even read comics

Actually have her be a hero because she wants to HELP people than WANTING TO PROVE A POINT and PREACH. There, I just saved you four years of bad reviews.

She goes Cosmic in her quest to find a being that can cure her of her cancer (instead of this "I'm going to suffer like a mortal" crap). Hangs out with Bill and the GOTG.

it's pretty funny. the best was when it had better sales that previous thor and Sup Forums tried to talk about how it was hated.

>she is grateful for the fucking hammer and discusses her actions with the distraught man she knew for years like a responsible adult
>she actually needs to learn how to Thor from the only guy to really do the job, kicking off his redemption
>Asgardians are not delighted to see the artifact of their crown prince wielded by some outsider
>No! Fucking! Guessing! Games!
>she does not keep suffering from cancer for no reason and helps spread Asgardian med tech to Earth via a transfer program. What else is her diplomatic status good for?
>her style is not defined by how the fucking hammer flies, but how her perspective as a medical profesional drives her to help in different ways
>no Poochie shit!!!

>Actually have her be a hero because she wants to HELP people than WANTING TO PROVE A POINT and PREACH.

Actually, she does help people, she is a doctor and rescues several aliens.

Fifty Shades of Grey is one of the most financially successful books in history. I guess that means the book is the pinnacle of literature?

No. She's pretty disliked on YouTube and other sites as well. Like someone said, they advocate for her but most of them don't read her stories. Those that do just give it bland praise "it was good!" without any details and they can't say why it was any good without playing the muh cancer angle.
If you want to fix Jane, just stop all the gender bullshit. Write her like a normal person. Trying to make her some girl power wankfest is the shits. These new deus ex machina Mjolnir powers need to stop too.

By a negligible amount. It's like a little over a thousand more. If it were like 10,000 it would be impressive.

that's not my point. it sells so some people like it.

>her style is not defined by how the fucking hammer flies, but how her perspective as a medical profesional drives her to help in different ways.

They could've played that angle in action scenes too and make her unique in how she favors more precise hammer strikes into weak spots and shit. But of course Marvel writers can't figure out any actually interesting ways to make the character different, just turn it into a woman and make her a walking megaphone for feminism instead.

>it sells so some people like it.

It sells so well Marvel hasn't done this bad in decades financially and barely even reaches top 10. with any of its books while DC and Image share the spots.

Marvel would never do this, but why does she need a magic hammer to make a difference? Before Barbra Gordon reverted back to Batgirl, I personally found her to be a stronger character as Oracle because she didn't allow a medical condition to prevent her from fighting crime. Jane on the other hand, despite what she claims, still uses magic as a crutch. So why not make Jane the resident magic healer of the Thor-verse?

>So why not make Jane the resident magic healer of the Thor-verse?

Because the new feminist diversity heroes need to take away the privilege of the old white hetero cishet shitlord heroes or otherwise they would not be feministic enough.

>So why not make Jane the resident magic healer of the Thor-verse?

That goes against her character.

Because a man needs to lose in order for her to gain. That's how modern feminism works.

Where'd Bumblebee Robin come from anyway? I first encountered him in King, who was picking up from some Snyder storyline. Where do we see Joker doing that thing to Duke's parents?

You mean old Jane, or current literal cancer Jane? Because I fail to see how its any worse

It was during Endgame. He got further development during Bloom and We Are Robin

When are they just going to kill off Odinson anyway? I'm getting tired of whiny drunk, one=armed asshole bitching while riding a goat and never accomplishing a single fucking thing.

Do we need a book about cosmic level alcoholic trailer trash?

That's rough....accurate asf though. He's like an alcoholic dad now.

Cancer is already un-curable in the Marvel Universe. Shes pretty good as is, they're already leaning away from the stupid Tumblr bullshit.

She is disliked by people who never read a comic in the first place

>You mean old Jane, or current literal cancer Jane? Because I fail to see how its any worse

I think the problem is that Jane foster seems to easily be curable in the marvel universe. It would be better if it was magical incurable (because of the hammer) and she knows that she going to die.

That's pretty untrue, but you're welcome to that delusion

Fuse her with Sif so Thor doesn't have to choose.

Why name a new Bat character after an already existing hero in the first place? And did they really need to add yet another Robin in the mix? Threy are in the tens now.

Seems every new writer invents their own Robin.

Have her finally die to cancer and in a moment of poignant emotion, return Mjolnir to Thor. Thor then spends an issue reflecting on her character that focuses solely on her positive roles on Thor's life. She's a nothing character, a relic from an era that Thor left behind long ago, the fact that she of all people is who got the hammer is absurd. Let her go with dignity and close this embarrassing chapter of Thor's history on a high note.

Its not as easy as you think.

He's like an old musician that was something popular 20-30 years ago but now he is some pathetic loser constantly whining about how he used to be cool.

Like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite or Al Bundy

Last season of Samurai Jack did the "failed hero"-thing a whole lot better.

He's not a Robin. Technically never was. He's "The Signal"

Jack didn't fail though

Aaron never explores the "cancer" part. He keeps on making it vague as fuck.

Keep drawing her arms like that for starters

>She's pretty disliked on YouTube
By C&D and Sargon. Try aiming higher. The current Thor comics are each outselling the previous runs by quite a bit.

It is getting easier to tell who actually reads comics, and who is just a whining Sup Forumstard

Wakanda cured cancer.

Fuck it, I'll take the bait. Tell me user, is Jane battling cancer?

Got them numbers?
Last I checked the figures were about 1,000 which isn't much considering Marvel overships these books.

Also trying to say it's only the anti-SJW crowd is false. There are a lot of people who don't read those books.

As been said twice now: people stick up for her but don't own a single copy of those books.

Wakanda people are assholes and wouldn't cure her cancer.

But I really want to kill her cancerous bitch ass. I guess I'll settle for making her a villain possessed by the evil spirit trapped in Mjolnir by Odin and was held there with Thor's power after he rebuilt it. The real Thor can't force her to let the hammer go because her mortal form is too far gone but he has to stop her because the mother storm has taken over and wants to cleanse the world of sin.

>new ___ is a villain.

Didn't C&D already do this idea?

One word: Ragnarok.
When I think of the reasons why I don't like the Thor comic so much right now is because Jane seems to be effortlessly handling every challenge she encounters. I haven't read in a couple of months, but I remember shit like Jane duking it out with Odin as though he couldnt just turn her into a frog or something. Now I'm hearing about some new origin for Mjolnir, and that seems pretty boring to me too. I think that the shit that makes regular Thor one of the all-time greats is the Midgard Serpant myth, where he lays it on the line and just drops dead after winning. That idea of victory in the face of death is at the core of Thor as a character and I just don't see Jane using that idea as much as she could. But it could be great. Cancer is pretty much the end of the world for most people, after all.

She has been consistently winning small fights, but losing the important ones, or being oblivious to politicking. The Shiari war she loses.

>politicking
Aaron did this with Roxxon a few years back and I didn't like it then either. Kind of misses the mark for me if some bureaucrats give Thor a tough time. He doesn't recognize anyone's authority in the first place, not even Odin's most of the time. That's why it's so satisfying to watch him trash Iron Man or Dr. Doom, because they have the force of law on their side and Thor has a hammer.

Boob window.