Let's delve back into the past.
And also some other tangents.
There's more to the Goon's story.
But also much more to Lonely Street.

This is-
Eric Powell's The Goon: Them That Raised Us Lament

Last Night:

Hey Dave, thanks for posting.
I'm far from the first person to say this, but man, The Goon is criminally underrated.
The movie talk really got me excited, because I'm such a fan of all the names attached (Paul Giamatti, David Fincher, Clancy Brown). It was good to see the kickstarter for the "story reel" meet its goal, but that was almost six years ago. Fuck Hollywood

It's an incredibly shot to the nads that it never got off the ground.

you'd think since we're in "The Second Golden Age of Television™", we would've had a Netflix/Hulu/Amazon show by now, or something.
I mean, some clown from the town next to mine has managed to build a fairly sizable multimedia empire off of a joke character he created for a shop newsletter!
not hating on the Tick btw, it just stings a little bit to see that The Goon hasn't gotten the exposure it deserves.

Goon is right behind Hellboy as a comic that everyone here knows is great yet few here have actually read most of.

Does whoever made that Kickstarter actually have the movie rights? It's possible them being tied up in that have prevented any other interested parties from making an offer. It just seems like such a no-brainer for a TV show.

Maybe Powell is super choosy about who he will sell the rights to, or asks for a lot of creative control? From what I read of his foreword in the Chinatown trade he seems like a pretty humble guy, though.

Jeez, how recent is this?

it could've been published any time in the last 15 years and still be relevant