/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlgCADkdx-I Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E3/4: In the Name of the Rebellion Pt.1/2 (Mon 23)
Adventures in Wild Space #5: The Cold (Tue 24)
Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #3 (Wed 25)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: In the Name of the Rebellion, Parts 1 and 2
youtube.com/watch?v=XO8tJ4G1mag

>New Rebels Previews
youtube.com/watch?v=7ycbZWrDMiE
youtube.com/watch?v=zttwn-INyj8

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6wvL1iYVU

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 Single Player Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

What is she, /swco/?

master race

Shit post

Hershlag looks like she's about to start sobbing here

Krennic did nothing right.

How big was obi wans dark side, how in touch was he with it

A literal slave race hahaha

Third best blaster sound, just behind Jango Fett's and that one beam that split that Munificent in fucking half in the RotS opening.

>tfw no twi'lek stormtroopers with lekku fitting helmets

Are those blue things canon yet? Easily one of the most kino of all the Genndywars episodes.

>ATAT and gorilla walker faggot was right
>Shieldgate user was right
>Reylo fags were right

Who will be next? Will the TRUE and HONEST theory get the credit it deserves?

Obviously a dickgirl

>greetings imperial citizen!
>we have located the secret base of the terrorists responsible for the destruction of our peace station and the death of countless innocent engineers
>they have been detained and there ships have been seized
>the peace we have fought so hard for will not be denied by rabble i assure you loyal citizens

>General Syndulla, please report to the briefing room

Why wasn't she at the briefing room when everyone else was?

>Reylo fags were right

No they weren't.

he cradled the main responsible for his waifus death, i dont think he had one.

>Third best blaster sound, just behind Jango Fett's
Fuck I can hear it in my head right now
>CHOOM CHOOM

If either Reylo or Force sloth is real I will literally never doubt swco again

you mean never doubt redditfugees on Sup Forums, because that's where those "leaks" come from every single time

God damn it, the canon comics/novels mega is fucked

they are going to hook up and there is nothing you can do about it

>A literal slave race
coming from a race that just surrenders to the CIS when they arrived.

A communications disruption can only mean one thing

Maybe I'm just reaching, but him shifting from his own stance to Qui-Gon's signature stance in Twin Suns implied to me that he at least partially wanted revenge.

There's probably a better chance of Ahsoka or Aphra hooking up with Luke than Reylo happening for real.

He didn't want to fight at all, let alone get revenge. The stance is part respect for his old master, part lure to get Maul to act rashly.

>They're Asian

Strain was put on him here and there, like stuff involving Maul in The Clone Wars, but he wasn't in touch with it.

Nah he was baiting Maul into using the same kill move

Kino and pottery in the purest form

The stance was to get Maul to think it would be an easy win, and he knew Maul would try the same thing on him as he did his master, for maximum pottery points.

This.

Even commentary mentioned this is why Obi-Wan is considered a true Jedi

captcha: hidalgo alice
What does it mean?

I really like the color scheme on saws U wing.

what a bizarre line, like your whole planet had been blockaded and an invasion could happen at any time and suddenly when the phone cuts out thats the final straw no shit old man
Like if theres a storm brewing and you srart seeing water droplets on the window and you say
>water on the window can only mean one thing; its raining

I think his X-Wing's in Rogue 1 have the same color

all it takes to knock a drunk paddy on his ass is a pop to the nose...same as real life

>the smell of a fart can mean only one thing
>someone farted

>There must always be a chosen one
God I hope that's not true

Is it really so much of a stretch that to think in a time of great political tension, that suddenly all the electronics in government cut out, to assume that you've just suffered an EMP knockout from a nuclear detonation?

It's not bizzare, they knew an invasion is likely, but the cutting of communications means its imminent

But go ahead and keep mindlessly bashing the prequels like RLM told you to

Tfw not enough disney dollars to have wolfe and gregor on the show.

But they were on the show?

Would the war with the Yuuzhan Vong have gone differently if they Empire existed in its prime?

So she's waifu material?

does it need to be said out loud though?
they would be saying shit like "Sound the alarm!" or "fucking run and grab your fucking children they're gonna fucking put us in concentration camps!"

Also
>Muh RLM boogymen

>Two episodes
I mean have them fight with rex like the good ole days.

>But go ahead and keep mindlessly bashing the prequels like RLM told you to
I really hate people like you. The worst kind of knee-jerk prequel defenders. Why are you so insecure?

Not a books-guy, so these are legitimate questions. Is life under the New Republic really terrible or something? Not counting what I've heard of its near-complete demilitarization, was the New Republic a completely mismanaged mess of a government in the decades after the end of the Galactic Civil War?

I have a hard time imagining any reason why people would be pining for the return of the Empire: a regime which only lasted 23 years, and was known to have been a hard-assed, oppressive power, unless the New Republic was actually WORSE for the average citizen.

Seriously, the Empire was a mere blip in the millennia of galactic republicanism which both preceded and succeeded it. How does the First Order not get smacked down by what should conceivably be a near-united galaxy under the New Republic the moment it becomes clear they've violated the terms of Imperial surrender?

Try as I might, I can't find any info on the relative scale of the First Order to the New Republic. Does anyone have any info on the number of planets/capital ships/troops held by each?

Honestly, how bad and/or stupid is the New Republic?

>Were

I think that's his point

Wait, where are gregor and wolfe? Are they still with the atte? are they still attached to the show
This just dawned on me

They were badly written.

People expected a quick-fix to the galaxy, but not much happened beyond lots of crime groups gaining power and territory since the Empire collapses and Jabba died.

So people started to wonder if things were better with more control after all. Especially worlds that were favourably treated under the Empire. Not every planet was a polluted, occupied shithole like Lothal, plenty core worlds were proud Imperial systems.

quads of truth

As in they had the death star 2 than yes it would have went completely differently.

In your opinion, who's the bitch Jedi, as in the biggest loser in the Jedi Order?

The age of the Empire caused so much lasting damage over the course of almost 25 years that there's still quite a few pieces to pick up. Some that will nevet heal either, given the galaxy isn't just the New Republic, but pirate coves and Separatist clusters. Not everyone wanted to reunite the galaxy into a single form of government. The lessons of the Old Republics still burn fresh in people's minds. Doesn't matter how big or prominent the Republic is going to be, depending on where you are, you're either going to be forgotten or taken advantage of. The Empire did both, a thousand-fold.

When you're an evil douchebag, you want to continue being an evil douchebag. So the First Order were created by remnants of the Empire.

That idiot who was killed by Jango in like 2 shots or that shitty master Adi who instantly died to a headbutt by Savage. But when Savage headbutted Sheev he ate it like it was nothing.

Definitely Quinlan Vos.

Sorry to beat a dead horse but what was shieldgateanon posting about for so long? I was taking a break from these threads when he was posting.

Nahdar Webb, easily, not only is he Coleman Trebor tier as referenced by this guy he's a whiny stupid bitch who makes basically every wrong decision possible such that Grievous of all characters finds it easy to waste him.

no, the death star is the Empires only trump card they have, if the Yuuzhan Vong would do a full out attack on the superweapon that's it.

the imperial officers had no strategy them mass wave attacks and the rebels just had to move out of the way.

> That idiot who was killed by Jango in like 2 shots

Hey kid, don't shittalk Coleman Trebor. He was the closest to killing Dooku out of anyone that day

Coleman Trebor, possibly the biggest bitch to ever serve on the Council

Some fat lekku there.

OK so for several months, this guy screeched autistically about the most trivial and easily explained shit, and could not contemplate any reasonable explanation given to him, and flew into huge longwinded shitfits that occupied dozens of threads in a row. The most notable one was when he questioned how the transmission was able to get through to the Rebel Fleet if the shield was still up, because he interpreted a glow of the planet as the shield. Like 5-6 months later he wound up being "proven right" in the Inferno Squadron book that said there were a few rebels trapped under the shield.

Just got information from Ezra and Sabine doing their own thing in Mandalore space? I'm kinda expecting this so that the Rebellion and Mandalore divide the Empire's attention where they can so neither gets destroyed.

>He was the closest to killing Dooku out of anyone that day
oh please. it was like he was star-struck. he jumped all the way up there, and then completely choked it. he froze, as if he was like "oh shit is that Dooku? him quitting the order is the only reason I was able to snag a seat on the high council"

You know, 1983 and 1999 don't fell as far apart as they used to.
RotJ and TPM feel pretty similar.
Almost more similar than RotJ and ANH.

Holy shit I didn't know that faggot was on the Jedi council! Maybe Han is right and Jedi really aren't as powerful as they claim. I mean the ones we see the most are among the most powerful in the entire order.

I think it's more that Jango is a really good shot.

I think you just have to look at Tatooine to see why people might favor the empire. Under the republic, Tatooine was a shithole of slavery, violence, and chaos. You couldn't buy a damn thing with actual money and Tuskans would shoot up anything from podraces to farming compounds.

Under the empire there was a central currency, the Tuskans were pushed back to the point where attacking anything major was pushed back, and while the Hutts were still shady and did a ton of shit, you never saw any actual slaves casually walking down the street outside of the sequestered compounds.

As much as we might like Hondo, the image of a space pirate who formerly had his own fleet scrounging around in what's essentially a glorified minivan is a good symbol of imperial stability. The OT's vision of crime as a few smugglers barely keeping one step ahead of the law is very different from the PT's idea of the law blatantly knowing where they are but unable to actually DO anything.

Did the empire strip mine countless planets, or kill countless innocent people? Yes. But to some guy with nothing to take and nothing else left to lose it was a net positive.

>Star Wars comic has been going for close to three years
>not even at 1 ABY yet

>The OT's vision of crime as a few smugglers barely keeping one step ahead of the law is very different from the PT's idea of the law blatantly knowing where they are but unable to actually DO anything.
really, because mos eisley still seemed like a wretched hive of scum and villainy, just with the occasional stormtrooper patrol. and the Hutts seemed to be as powerful as ever.

G,it's gotta be G

K?

it was point blank range, hardly an impressive shot. I'm thinking of when he headshotted that charging rhino thing

Is it supposed to fill the gap between Episode 4 and 5 or is it just a Star Wars comic?

both

>Superhero comics have been going for like 70 years
>Most major "canon" continuities have advanced no more than 5 years since the origins

Why hasn't the pastebin been updated to reflect the fact that we don't have a Mega for the canon novels and comics anymore? I thought we were meant to be good at this shit, Sup Forums.

ah yes, superhero comics. truly a high bar to compare to

>hardly an impressive shot.
disagree desu

That's not really a fair comparison because the Star Wars comic is set in between two already established storylines whereas superhero comics have to keep things consistent and can't be real-time.

What happened in between Rebels and Rogue One for Saw to get so drastically and quickly fucked up? There's only a single in-universe year in between the most recent episodes and Rogue One, and Saw was looking much healthier in Rebels than in that movie.

Mos Eisley was a hive, but it was a hive where people acted like there were consequences. Luke and Obi-Wan could leave their car alone and unattended with the top down after shooing away a couple of Jawas. The people in the Cantina were all free people choosing to be there. It was rowdy and often lethal, but nobody was forced to be there by anybody else and they could walk around without TOO much fear.

Most Espa during the prequels was far, far worse. You had slaves everywhere. The Hutts wandered about like they owned the place as guests of honor. Even Panaka acted like the Hutts weren't even an open secret, so much as just activley known to be shit by everyone. They wouldn't take republic credits and even without Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn there had to be multiple other jedi on planet like Quinlan Vos just because of how bad of a shithole it was.

>Dredd readers laughing in corner.jpg

I'm surprised they didn't have him get grievously injured and carted off to get patched up in last night's episode. I doubt he's going to show up again before the finale.

>unironic Robin Hood myth shilling
wew lad, did you play Uncharted 4 and think Henry Avery was a good guy?

Saw is already showing signs of wear and tear regarding his obsession and it only takes one incident to blow his legs off.

I wish he spent a bit more time as a fucked up mental cyborg and basically Rebel Vader. It'd be pottery.

People already mentioned that criminals and Separatists wanted a weak central gov't, and some systems that were happy to be Imperial. Kuat Drive Yards (Star Destroyer and capital ship manufacturer), Sienar Fleet Systems (fighter manufacturer) and some other corporations remained pretty politically connected to the FO. They even helped build up the FO. Anyone who was aligned with the Empire and it's regime benefited immensely from it's concentration of power and wealth, so plenty of people want to see it restored, even if only lasted a short time.

Tons of people also identified the Empire as a source of protection. It was literally the Old Republic with a new regime, and the Republic won the Clone Wars with a massive army that restored peace to the galaxy. People legitimately liked Sheev, or could at least point to him as the most effective leader the galaxy had ever seen in generations. He single-handedly reformed the Old Republic from an incompetent mess into one centralized authority with the power to do whatever it needed.

i really hate that scene. the editing is terrible. the jedi blocks the first couple shots, then it cuts to jango shooting, then it cuts to the jedi getting shot

what kind of trick shot did fett use? how come the jedi could block the first couple shots but not the rest? from the audience perspective it's impossible to tell

Well, literally yes, they are the defining genre of the medium, and this is Sup Forums.

I know mate, was just trying to make a funny

Also regarding the Star Wars comic, there has been timeskips every few arcs and they're looking for Hoth now so I dont think theyre stretching it out as long as you guys thing

Jango shot his first blaster that shot his second blaster so that its bolt was in the shadow of the first bolt. Read the novelization you fucking casual.

>it was a cesspool of criminals, where people get fucking murdered in the middle of crowded bars and its met with the same reaction as a waitress dropping dishes
>but like, no one was FORCED to be there man...so it wasn't that bad

wat
It's clear that Fett is better at shooting than the dinosaur is at blocking.
You guys are bad at watching movies.