Do you think cartoons are better if they have continuity? Why or why not?

Do you think cartoons are better if they have continuity? Why or why not?

Continuity in comedy is fine if it's far and between.

Depends on the type of cartoon.

Literally fucking depends on what cartoon
>Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Does not need continuity
>The Venture Brothers
Absolutely needs continuity

Depends on the type of cartoon, as well as how they handle it.
For instance, ATHF had almost no continuity except for a few moments where it made the joke funnier to have it. The two biggest examples from the show I can think of would be where Frylock put a montage of saving Shake and Meatwad together, as well as when their new house burned down and they were wondering when it was going to rebuild itself like the old house.
I think Bob's Burgers was going to have no continuity at first, but they seem to have changed that and reference past episodes all the time. It could have worked either way but I like it with continuity.
Anyway, fuck you for getting my hopes up and thinking this was an ATHF thread

if an action cartoon doesn't have continuity it's guaranteed to be shit.

Do you think OPs are better if they don't ask stupid questions? Why or why not?

Be thankful it'd not a shake says something horrible thread

But those are fun user.
I fap to the korra one when I'm feeling like a filthy degenerate. After I do though I go fuck my fiance since she's always up for a round {/spoiler]

Fine, you can have your frickin' ATHF thread.

And I have associated myself with you people for little over a decade

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO...

Still read in shakes voice

Continuity is a nice touch, but it's not really necessary for episodic cartoons.

On paper it's a nice finishing touch that lets you know how much effort a creator puts into their work. In practice it's usually used by drooling idiots to justify how deep their favorite show is.

Tdlr: I like it but people get annoying with it.

Depends of course, but usually they are far better without it. Such as AT and RS, that became meaningfully worse the more there was.

How does it let you know they put effort into it? It takes nothing to have a continuity.

>keeping details consistent
>character development
and thats all I can think of, but is right.
>in practice it's usually used by drooling idiots to justify how deep their favorite show is
A la Adventure time, some of American Dad, and South Park

It makes many cartoons actively worse, besides meaning nothing extreme can happen becauase it would carry over, it creates a situation, where episodes when watched out of order, or without context feels dissonent, making it difficult to watch and enjoy. It also tends to mean characters can "develop" drastically to the point of losing appeal.

You cannot escape us user.

We are the abyss and you stare right back.

I don't think a show needs a tightly wound narrative. I just don't like it when they go out of the way to contradict or retcon shit.

Narrative is usually an albatross around the neck.

atleast you guys still make me laugh