Dead

>dead
what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LEGODimensions/status/922504239368114176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Disney Infinity called it quits, and Skylanders is on hiatus

Maybe it's a big market, but not a very profitable market?

>WB

Year one they overproduced figures for franchises like Ninjago, Chima, and DC.

Year two they hung their hopes on GB2016.

>We never got Steven Universe as a follow up to Adventure Time
>We never got Bob's Burgers as a follow up to Simpsons

The bubble burst, simple as that.

sup Sup Forums

For one brief, glorious moment we could fight Sauron in Metropolis with Chell, Sonic, and Honer Simpson.

They can't take that from us, huh fellas?

did they announce it is over

Both being stupid ass ideas. Also making certain figures which have the only power to complete this or that pissed people off. Only Aquaman can do some Atlantis bit and only a Cyberman can blow up both types of metal under water. Wtf? Then they make a new set which has Supergirl as an exclusive for the PS4 only. I mean I got her and the set for cheap, but that's still bullshit to make people rebuy a few launch set to get one exclusive figure. Or the hoops to get the shitty Green Arrow one at Gamestop which half the time didn't even give it to you.

This past year with Fantastic Beasts/GB2016/Lego Bats Movie as new $50 sets.. Go fuck yourself. You hardly get anything new and the new missions weren't much bigger than previous level sets.

Oversaturation of the Toys to Life market likely.

They announced no new sets going forward. Servers will still be on (for now)

guess I can finally buy it then none of the figs are rare right

twitter.com/LEGODimensions/status/922504239368114176

People don't want to pay £30.00 for a Lego minifigure and some lackluster levels

>Supergirl (PS4 Launch Set exclusive, sets are marked. Becoming rare.)
Excellent figure. All of Superman's powers and more.
>Green Arrow (GameStop Pre-order Exclusive. Gone from stores)
Shitty. Legolas is much easier to find and basically the same power access.

All of the figures have different abilities/powers. Some later figures (like Lego City McClain cop) have lots of powers which are beyond fucking useful. You can have a lot of abilities just sorted to one person so you're not having to swap characters around every 5 mins.

Year 2 used three shitty re-boot as core series, as well as some bizarre choices like E.T. Aside from that, pricing was ridiculous for the content given. People only the stuff when it was on sale.

Such a shame, because the game could've done so much. Warner Bros. made the live-action JoJo DiU film.

We could've gotten fucking JoJo Legos.

I find it funny how they keep making Chell whiter and whiter.

not alot of variety in gaeply-- and buy new characters doesn't make that much of a difference-- plus the fun packs, bought physically in-store are not seen as dlc-- but as two minfigs and two small builds for $25.00-- not marketed well- hard to overcome the perception you're paying a high price for a few figs. That, and every parent has thier limit-- my folks stopped buying consoles for christmas after the first XBOX--If it's a way to bleed parents dry through their kids-- they'll sniff it out and stop buying soon enough.

They were in talks with Disney too.

Everyone is saying, "Will we ever get LEGO Marvel Vs DC", you had your chance and fucking bkew it, you mooks

I just now remembered the Mission Impossible set, weird fucking choice

So was A-Team and Knight Rider to be fair. Both of those sets were kinda fun

it came out towards the end of toys to life craze
its also fuckign expensive
and we already have dozens of other lego games. what makes this different from those?

>and we already have dozens of other lego games. what makes this different from those?
This one is actually easier than a normal LEGO game. Besides that, just the option to have multiple properties at once. No worlds to build in or anything else, just the regular bs standard Lego game mission stuff. Kinda sad. LEGO Worlds is the game everyone was told Dimensions was going to be

>Maybe it's a big market, but not a very profitable market?
The opposite. It was a very profitable market, but anyone who was going to buy into the "toys to life" gimmick already had. Meaning that When Disney Infinity jumped in, they just leached off of Skylanders' crowd, thus splitting the market between them. Then when Lego Dimensions jumped in, they just leached off of the Skylanders and Disney Infinity crowds.

The end result is that what was extremely profitable for Skylanders ended up becoming split two ways, then three ways, thus resulting in it no longer being profitable for any one.

The Portal campaign was really good. Like a Portal 3 we'll never get but with legos.

This, it even gave Chell a good end by showing ber escaping to the multiverse.

And you bought them anyways.

This guy right here was their target audience. The completionist. But they wanted a lot more of these guys, instead they ended up with a few thousand obsessive fans worldwide while the rest, seeing it was a completist-or-bust system, elected to watch it go bust. There just weren't enough of the diehards to keep it going.

Didn't help with the sheer amount of sets they produced in their greed.

Yea paying premium prices when you can actually get the lego sets themselves for about the same price.

Also no PC release so I never cared.

Lego did it better than Disney. Shame its gone now. Well maybe I'll pick up some when they go on deep discount like the infinity stuff.

It's too fucking expensive. Only kids with rich parents or nerds with a lot of disposable income can play it.
I'd rather play the regular TT Lego games. Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 looks fun.

Just play MUGEN, you sperg.

The market was becoming less and less profitable. Amiibo were probably the final nail in the coffin.

way too fucking expensive. seriously, i woulda played the shit out of this if it didn't cost so much

i feel like amiibos aren't toys-to-life, they're just cute figures that you can use with games and get some extra stuff. most people i know (myself included) just own them as figures and practically never use them for games.