Shelf/Buy/Collection Thread

Share your collections
Give recommendations
Be pissed off at amazon for bad handling and packaging

Waiting for Sandman Overture to be published here in a few days.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/1632364611/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And finally the most recent.

The Realm of Kings omni is huge, I love it.

Based mexi-fag.

Not much, waiting for Hellboy Omnibus

Is that a norma edition? if so, hows norma in general with hardcovers and tps? Its a pain to pay almost double the price for imports.

with that free Amazon deal I pre-ordered the I hate Fairyland hardcover
kinda stoked

Goodnight Punpun it's the only thing i've got from Norma, sorry.
Yeah, here spanish editions cost almost the triple.

my shelf

my recent orders

Got the Hellboy in Hell Library Edition yesterday, still got the second One Piece box set, Miller's Elektra omnibus, Frankenstein Underground and BPRD Being Human coming in the mail.
Gonna have a very Mignola Halloween this year.

Those hellboy look so nice, I always wanted to get into the whole Mignolaverse but havent had the time.

Sounds great, Im re-reading this year my favorite comic MZ4 and some other spooks.

You ought to make time for it instead of rereading old stuff! Here's a handy-dandy guide.

Sir, yes SIR!

I am building a couple book shelves right now with my Dad (since he's the expert, mine would not look this good), customizing them to have drawers for floppies as well. Just got a new phone which is taking forever to sync cause smalltown farms have shit internet at least my dad is stealing internet, but will post pics of the process.

It's actually a lot of fun. I can design and make every shelf customized to what I need/want. and do some random extras. I'm making a 'hidden' shelf that allows me to swing out a part of the shelf so more books are behind. These would hold softcover novels cause they are small and it's annoying when they sit in a 1 foot shelf and take up 4 inches.

This is an old pic of my comic collection, but I will post ones of the shelf when it's done (or if people want, some of the process, although the early stuff is done).

I will actually bring my novel collection out of storage. And though it's not Sup Forums I'm posting it cause of /shelf/ design

>customizing them to have drawers for floppies as well
I really, really want to build a cabinet for my floppies but I dont have the time

I would love to see the finished shelf, self projects like that are great.
Also, hows the Black orchid?

Do you think DC will print all of Transmet in Absolute or should I should settle with buying the first couple and buy the rest as trade?

Money's going to be tight for a little bit, but I'll have enough to get Sunstone HC vol 2 when it drops.

Maybe? I wouldnt be sure, dont think DC would let the series half way, at least not one as known as Transmet, but you can always get the absolutes, the trades and if the rest of the absolutes start to roll over, give away the trades.

If you have the tools it really doesn't take much time. The problem is finding a good shop with all the tools available, cause ideally you need a table saw, skill/chop saw, and basically a good open space that you can work in and clamp. A brad nailer is great to have but not necessary if you a building small, but my project is 2 shelves that are 6ft tall and 2 ft wide.

Black Orchid is ok. If you are a fan of the way Gaiman makes all stories have a myth feel to them you will probably like it. It's not McKeans beast work either. I really like it, but I think it may be because I'm a huge fan of both of them. And both have done better work

Gonna upgrade to that hardcover too.
Anyone have any idea when those Sunstone spin-offs Sejic promised are coming out?

>give away the trades.
that's too much of an investment, I don't want to buy things twice, especially if I'm going to buy it in a superior form. And DC has been known for only printing the first bit of a series.

I work 7 days a week and sometimes up to 12 hour days. I literally dont have the time. on my free time before work I'm fucking exhausted. If I worked 40 hour weeks I'd have the time but not the money

Yeah, I can see that standpoint. I would get the absolutes and not the trades, at least not for a while.

I think they usually commit to Absolutes, but I understand the worry. I wish they would do hardcover deluxe/regular deluxe trades myself for Transmet

no info out that I can find. I think Mercy is first though. And I really want more Alan stuff, he was one of the best characters in Sunstone. Not so sure about that crossdressing story he wants to do, but I trust him to make it funny.

I'm not triggered about the crossdressing story, I worked many years at a goth club where by boss cross dressed and of course others did too cause it was goth.
I just don't know those characters

God damn...do you even have the time to read a comic? Novels would be out of the question with that kind of schedule. Do you have lots of holiday time coming at least? Or let me guess, you are a sub contractor and being screwed from every angle?

What country is this acceptable in?
I don't see why anyone would be triggered by cross dressing in their BDSM-relationship driven book.

>do you even have the time to read a comic?
on my breaks. I actually burn through all my trades really quick so I've had to start ordering several times a month to stave off boredom

>you are a sub contractor and being screwed from every angle?
I'm a warehouse worker

>What country is this acceptable in?

people are triggered by everything these days
this seems like a fucked up way to live, mate. It almost sounds like to panic read like a person studying for a test. You should take your time with comics, slow down your reading so you can interpret it all well. I usually read a page, go back over it again to see how it flows and if it's a really good page I will read it in a couple methods to fully understand it.

I think you need to slow down your life.

Checks photos for geotags so I can come and steal your books...

Are you a Brewmeister? cause from your taste of books I would think a good heavy draught would be what I get from you. And I would enjoy that.

First I have to get out, is Roughneck good? I am in the middle of a lot of Native land so I understand where it's coming from but I don't want another "Missing Indigenous Women" Book thrown at me, they come out ever fucking month. Is it well written is what I want to know?

I have read a good chuck of that Gaiman, is that Norse Mythology a good read? Is it very well researched?

how is wonder woman earth one?

It's a bunch of great setting with little payoff, Morrison said that's coming in issue 2. I really like it though. The art is more cleaver than Morrison for a change. I think it's worth the purchase cause it's worth multiple reads cause you WILL NOT get everything on a first read, but in a good way

1/8

2/8

3/8

4/8

5/8

6/8

7/8

8/8

Holy shit that’s a good collection

This bitch finally decided to arrive the other day.

Up

Using this coupon for the up to $50 book from amazon right now.

Should I get one of the Hellboy library volumes or East of West Year One?
I was leaning towards Vol 5 of Hellboy since Wild Hunt and darkness calls were great but I’d prefer to get one that has art done by Mignola too

Not sure what to get with the IST extra loyalty discount, or if I should even get anything at all.

Aww yeah Winsday.
Let's live to see what people pull this week.

I know it's meant to be A to Z but can you please put those Kirby next to each other? Would look nice or at least on the second shelf.

thanks user
that is how I had it originally and I loved it
Maybe I'll put them all under K for Kirby

I'm at work now so can't post pics, but I went to MICE last weekend. Anyone else here go? It was pretty fun, I met Michael DeForge and got Sticks Angelica signed with a sketch. He seems nice, but I'm shocked his booth wasn't more crowded.

Also met a couple other artists I like, but he was the big one.

That's an interesting order for those Brubaker Cap Omnis

I'm so fucking jealous

i got tired lol

You have such a big collection, user. It's really impressive

whats more impressive is the backlog
I haven't read even half of my collection yet

have any uk anons had any experience with using "UKPaperbackshop" ?

Anyone get the new Wolfman Night Force collection? I forgot I'd even ordered it, waiting for me in the LCS

Never heard of em, sorry

Reposting my latest purchase while I expect something big in the mail today

>for a change
Isn't this actually common? I mean, it certainly is in Arkham Asylum.

>Juan Gimenez
NICE!

OKAY, SO
BATMAN REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION VOLUME 2

It says 1-12, but I Am Suicide ends at issue 13.
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT

Is this a good place to start the Legion?

Are those Tintin undersized? If so, shame on you!
Excellent collection though

Did they ever release the full Nocenti run of Daredevil in any form?

the epic collections will probably get there withing the next decade

Hope big guy and rusty goes back in print soon cause I placed my order too late.

Hard Boiled is underrated. It's a great satire, 2000AD style.

Are Shaolin Cowboy and Hard Boiled printed the same size?

bump

Jesus, my shelf is nothing compared to this.

time to take the "big" out of your name

I get why you have Punpun arranged like that but surely it's worth making an exception when it ends up looking like that.

see
yeah, undersized af
but they ended up being free

>mfw snatched the last copy from amazon about a month ago

Those Sandman spines are cool as fuck.

it was supposed to be "books2aw " i was asking about not them

>excited to get that Akira anniversary thing
>suddenly no longer on IST

What the hell

He settles for good art usually but rarely gets amazing people like McKean

you talking about this user? amazon.com/dp/1632364611/ it may be cheaper for you to buy it from amazon uk btw

Man, your collection is what we should start this threads with.

Vid published Superman's Weeding????
I started to read comics in the mid 00s, it was a strange place for mexican comics and mangos.

Thanks, but I had to take the recolor in them, not mad, just what I expected.
Heres a big shot, becuaseI forgot it yesterday.

Not really, it collects a storyline of the "things will never be the same" variety. And it's kinda confusing if you don't know what's going on. I'd recommend either of these books instead:

> Legionnaires Book One. Contains the first part of this run which came about after the franchise's first hard reboot. Very basic, contains origins and introduces new characters gradually.
>Legion Lost (volume 1 from 2000). Takes place just after the book in the picture, but is designed to be a jump on point. Only deals with a small group of characters, storyline isn't too confusing or continuity intensive.

I'm jealous. Since when are you collecting?

this is the last stuff I got, some from my lcs and some from ist. I don't know what happened but ist only took 8 days! I was ready to wait three weeks like last time I ordered from them.

Yes, the artbook is slightly wider

Latest purchases. I have some minicomics from Liam Cobb and Berliac in the mail as well.

How are the Turtle comics? I saw that they released the first Ultimate collection in paperpack recently.

I thought it came out next week. I have it preordered from Amazon. I'm super excited about it.

Cheap-comics.com has great prices but boy can't they design a website to save their lives

They just released an epic collection.

I kinda like the cheap layout, it accords with the name. Do you know how do they package stuff? Or prices for international shiping(Mex)?

Nevermind that question. then dont ship this side of the atlantic, but sounds like a great option for all the Euro people here.

Cheap-comics Vs IST GO!

Yeah, they're eurotrash, but in case anyone else was wondering their packaging is pretty good. Last time I ordered from them I ordered something like thirteen trades and they came packaged in a box with paper filling along all sides and tape around most of the box. Very hard to open, but the contents were in good shape.

God I hope my LCSs have one copy of that SwampThing during their sale.