Gravity Falls

Been a while since we had a thread for it. What do you think of it?

The only great 2010s cartoon.

>Imminent Pinecest or Dipcifica posting incoming

It had its flaws, but it still stands as one of the best cartoons in the last decade.

Great with increasingly lower quality in season 2b. Either they felt rushed to wrap up the story or there was a notable shift in the writing room on how characters should be used and how they behave

It's a show I like less as I re-watch it. It's by no means bad, but it's not as good as I had remembered it. It definitely needed more time but you really should have just cut Roadside Attraction all together. Literally the episode prior they say they have to stay in the Shack and the next they go for a trip? Also, Dipper is kind of boring. Wendy is more interesting as a character desu

>Wendy
>interesting

The finale was fucking shit, so were alot of the episodes leading up to it, but it still shouldve gotten a third season and hirsch a lazy bitch for not making it and i hate him for killing one of my favorite shows and now i have even less to watch because everything else is on hiatus

Great cartoon with a disappointing finale. No matter how contrarian Sup Forums eventually gets, most of GF was based as fuck. It's almost certainly the best cartoon of its kind released this decade.

Gravity falls is just hirsch dream of what the reality should be and he lost.

Mediocre and unbelievably overrated.

Wendy is as good for fapping material and waifu but other than that it has no interesting character arc. Sad since she had potential.

Agreed, mccraicken's cartoon have much more depth and story than gravity shit. Also the creator is literally a cuck, he said he will continue it on another channel but has since withdrawn to solitude and political ramblings.

Wasted potential that Alex will never be able to reach again, especially after Grumpf winning emasculated him.

Alex Hirsch is a serial molester.

Lauren Faust graduated from CalArts when Hirsch was nine years old and they've never worked on a project together. There is no indication that they even know each other.

This

It was very good, but also flawed. You can really tell that Hirsch was inexperienced with showrunning a cartoon, and the fact that he went all out with ambitions on top of that only made things worse on himself. And since he couldn't take the stress anymore and just wanted it to be over and done with, the ending ended up being rushed.

Yup, the symbols wheel was just retarded

>Lauren Faust graduated from CalArts when Hirsch was nine years old
Yeah, that's why there's the "age difference" issue with Dipper & Wendy.

Would've been happier if there was more focus on my ship. There was a lot of more notable issues though.

Alex is talented, but he was a bad show-runner. He got too involved, tiring himself out, instead of having more faith in his crew Having the show spread across three seasons like planned would've allowed them to have more development for all the important characters. Instead we got
>Let's include Wendy as part of the face of the show, but not make her anything more than a love interest
>Dipper's rival 'Robbie' who we gave focus on during season 1? Let's just have Mabel drug him
>Ford ruined McGucket's life, but a quick 5 second interaction between them will do
>Bitches love Pacifica. Let's give her some development, and do nothing of use with her

All of Bill Cipher was retarded. A trillion-year-old demon from another dimension that looks like a yellow triangle with 18th century top hat & bowtie. Give me a fucking break.

That's just as retarded as the 600-million-year-old civilization in Chouriki Sentai Ohranger. Don't do that!

With Bill even a million years would've been hard to swallow. Let alone a fucking trillion!

And don't get me started on his "friends." Was there some sort of DeviantArt contest I didn't know about?

Fuck Bill, fuck his design, fuck his voice, fuck his motivation, fuck his backstory, fuck his minions and fuck his finale.

In fact the finale felt like a weak-ass copy of the ending of Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc.

Strictly speaking McGucket ruined McGucket's life, Ford was just the genesis. And Pacifica was a cliche through and through, even her character development was a stock plot.

I'm still a total sucker for those kinds of stories though.

Any news on the comic.

Speaking of McGucket, ever noticed his "amnesia" was never mentioned once before the Blindeye episode? He was crazy, sure, but it was never implied he had trouble remembering his past. He even remembered that one guy that didn't show up for his retirement party.

Not really. Name one show of the 2010s with more depth. Even if you can there aren't many.

How many times do I have to tell you to kill yourself so you could stop plaguing this board with your shit taste?
>depth
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Alex is a piece of shit.

It's absolutely mind boggling an alcoholic failure like him gets any respect. Hard workers like Savino get crucified with no evidence while Hirsch gets to stay around since he kisses the ass of every feminist axe wound in the industry.

Savino already confessed. He was guilty. Hirsch did nothing wrong and is popular in the buisness.

>b-but his tweet.
Nobody cares.

Confession acquired by torture.

Loudfags are annoying.

Grateful to it for Wendy.

I even like the show but I have to be honest: It's generic as fuck and even I could write a typical episode.

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW TERRIBLE THIS THREAD IS

Seriously, where to begin?
>muh season 2b/muh "disappointing" finale!!!
Shut the FUCK up. NOW. Season 2b had the SAME writing team, the SAME great dialogue, the SAME plot progression, and an AMAZING ending.
Or they could have just MOVED that episode elsewhere... but you all hate the show so much you almost never suggest that. The episode itself was pretty fucking good BTW, though not one of the best ones in the show.
Wendy is fucking BADASS. Not every character has to start out with ridiculous flaws.
A third season may very well have RUINED the show. Could have improved it too, but the chances of keeping up brilliant writing for that long are NOT high.
PPG is some of the most overrated garbage I've ever watched. Foster's is literally PAINFUL to watch.
>he said he will continue it on another channel
You are a fucking LIAR.
Good to know you judge showrunners based on their politics. Easier to ignore your kind.
The same one that had been foreshadowed repeatedly? Or are you still pissed the obvious solution wasn't used? Wonder what you think of the ATLA ending... you're probably one of those filthy hypocrites too.
>lists a bunch of somewhat legit MINOR issues
>Alex is a bad showrunner
You really want to jump on the bandwagon, eh?
Bill was CREEPY AS FUCK. And not the stereotypical boss villain.
>In fact the finale felt like a weak-ass copy of the ending of Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc.
THAT SHOW HAD AN ACTUAL RESET BUTTON ENDING YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
Rewatch the fucking show you dickhead, his amnesia only dated back to a certain year.
That post is not mine, though I could've easily written it.
THIS LEVEL OF DELUSION WHAT THE FUCK

Entertaining, but I find the fat characters jokes unfunny. Like, so unfunny to the point where I get uncomfortable

Are you seriously still doing this?

>capslock: the post

I really love the premise of a small town with bizarre supernatural happenings, and a lot of the weird stuff that happens was fun. That being said I hated both Dipper and Mabel and had trouble watching the show because of them.

>literally throwing a tantrum over a kids show

Just because I consider the ending rushed, doesn't mean I didn't like it.

I have no idea why Hirsch had to make Bill such a shitty villain. I mean, you can have your kiddy show version of Killer BOB and still make them menacing, Courage got away with de-edgifying horror concepts to make them accessible to kids while still keeping them creepy all the damn time. Bill was just an unfunny annoying joke through and through instead.

Are you 12?

awesome cartoon till season 2b

He, like many other people, want to create the ultimate all-powerful villain, and end up making them too powerful to win.

>Mabel is excused from apologizing or even feeling guilty about accidentally causing the apocalypse.

I still don't like this

As much I like the show 2b wasn't great. 1a had some of the best eps but even then we could see that they are bad at wrapping up story arcs. Remember the "blind eye society"? Big build up but solved in one lousy episode.

She wasn't guilty. Also the journal said that the portal could cause the apocalypse but nobody shit on Stan or demands that he has to feel guilty.

Stan opened the portal to save his brother. Mabel ruined everything because she's a stupid spoiled bitch.

I miss all the stancest art the fujos were pumping out. Some of it was really good.

Yeah they kinda glossed over the whole portal thing, I think Ford was the only one to call out Stan on it, by punching him, since it was extremely dangerous to use. But no one other bothered to call out Mabel on her shit; from repeatedly shitting on her brother and humiliating him, to giving away someone else's things like she did with the Journal during Sock Opera and the rift orb. She's been selfish and horrid to Dipper and annoying to boot, it doesn't help that she did not grow up a single damn bit since the start of the show.

I love this show, one of my favorites of all time. It has good humor, lots of creative ideas and characters and a nice plot. Season 2b is slightly inferior to the rest of the show, but it's consistently good all over - Sup Forums hateboner for Mabel,is really overblown (not that she's without fault mind you, i agree her parts could have been MUCH better written). I hope we get news about the graphic novel/whatever Hirsch announced soon.
Also Pinecest is best ship but dipcifica is good too

You guys realize the premise of the show was that two kids live with their creepy uncle for a single summer break.
>b-but I want more episodes

Unlike most American cartoons, at least Alex had the balls to end it.

>Bill was terrifying
>Yes, Mabel sucked
>Why is no one talking about the best side character - Soos?

>Bill was terrifying
And I can discard your shit opinion.

Your opinion that Bill isn’t an original bad guy is also shit. He’s like a better Freddy Crougar or a shitty Scary Terry.

>still never mentions Soos

Are you kidding?
The show was consistently unfunny in the most obnoxious way possible, ridiculously uncreative and dull both plot and character-wise
>it's a shipper subhuman
Oh, sorry for wasting my time on you, then.

Fuck off, Bill was a boring shitty and annoying villain. You have no taste if you think he was good in any capacity.
Soos is an annoying shit character like everyone in that shitty cartoon.

>Freddy Crougar
Learn2spell
Bill is shit compared to Freddy Krueger, not as scary or charming.

I *will* reference this thread whenever someone denies my claim that Sup Forums absolutely despises GF.
Thanks, OP!

I thought he ended the show.

It had god tier fanservice for gay chubby chasers, everything else was icing on the cake for them

pretty sure pinecest sparked my incest fetish

I'd never fuck my own siblings but there's something about seeing those two together in a romantic setting...there's a lot of fanart too that touches on the sentimental bonds dipper and mable share then they fuck

hhnnnggfg

Is this what actual autism looks like

>Freddy is toying with everyone as usual
>lays his eyes on Nancy, the girl who first defeated him
>you can read it in his facial expressions that he's not willing to risk fucking around with her again and then he just straight-up murders her
Sequels may have turned Freddy from a sadistic psychopath to a darkly comedic quipster ala Leprechaun, but they still had their moments.

>tfw too late to be chased by chubby chasers
still a fun show

Matt Chapman left and there was nobody else willing to take over the head writer position

How?

>Soos that high
>Gideon that low

it had this summer feel, that was great, in my opinion, the summer itself and the fact it'd end was a element that just added to the show for me unless you mean how it's too late to be chubby-chased

Stop spreading this lie, I've told you multiple times that the episode writing credits disprove that

>how it’s too late to be chubby-chased

Yeah I meant that

Soos has the most fanservice in the show, so yeah. Also, you do know Gideon is in that chart twice?

no gravity falls threads and junk to talk chubs and junk, really
i heard gfg was a hive of chubbychaser

It's especially annoying because his son runs a bait shop in episode 2. There are a ton of little plot threads that were never resolved.

You write like DREW MARGARY but somehow dumber.

That's literally the opposite of an unresolved plot thread you dumbass, it's Early Installment Weirdness. They didn't have his role in the story fully mapped out at that point.

>I have no idea why Hirsch had to make Bill such a shitty villain.

Well Bill was an incredibly popular meme all around the world, given this, Hirsch's only mistake was probably not trying to make bank on shitty Bill merchandise, so people in Asia, Russia, Europe, South America and a few other places cashed in instead. I'm still not sure how Disney hasn't cracked down on all the merch. If I had a character go viral internationally like that I'd make so much shit toxic cheap jewelry made with lead or mercury or shit and terrible tasting Bill-shaped candies you wouldn't believe.

Memery aside I liked Bill at first but I thought the finale was underwhelming mostly except for his death that was cool. The AMA Bill was far more entertaining even if it was just Hirsch drunkposting or shitposting on reddit after smoking weed which it probably was.

>Early Installment Weirdness
>Using Tvtropes phrases

Oh plus an iPhone game or whatever the fuck they were selling here. This is a GIR kind of merchandise whoring and cynical cashing in opportunity.

TV Tropes >>> Sup Forums at this point despite its autism

Seriously, just look at this fucking thread. baka

Why the hell would Stan need to be called out on anything? Ford's the dumbass who wrote all the warnings about the portal potentially ending the world in invisible ink. At best Stan didn't find out about all that 'tearing the universe apart' shit until the last minute, if he ever found out at all before bringing Ford through. The only real danger Stan seemed aware of was the gravity fluctuations.

Also
>"Stanley, help me! Stanley! Stanley! Do something! STANLEY!"
-was the last thing his brother ever screamed at him. What the hell else was Stan supposed to do?

>Ford's the dumbass who wrote all the warnings about the portal potentially ending the world in invisible ink.
this and ford ignoring all the warnings about demon summoning were super dumb. ford did everything wrong. but mabel should have been called out too.

This thread is fine right now, bunch of varying opinions on a single topic,and it hasn't devolved into Sup Forums shit yet.
What more do you want? At least we're not trying to make shove our headcanons down each others throats lke Tvtropes.

Hi faggot

It's one of the best cartoons with OTGW and A:TLA. The graphic novel sounds interesting.

OTGW a shit

I think of gravity falls as roughly equivalent to steven universe
they're both okay

>I think of gravity falls as roughly equivalent to steven universe
>they're both okay
Horrifically shit taste. Not okay.

>Pinecest or Dipcifica posting
literally the only good thing about the show.

No, it just has a underwhelming finale.

Oh yeah? Tell me more!

Yeah, it's a shame. I still remember how happy people were early in on season 2.

Remember when /gfg/ used to worship the ground Hirsch walked on? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

>Unlike most American cartoons, at least Alex had the balls to end it.

Alex wanted to quit after the first season.

Not into Soos or fat guys, but Soos is a pretty cool dude. He should have stayed with Giffany though.

It was pretty gud, but never great.

No, because he is all-powerful except that he is not powerful. He can't do anything by himself during all the story and when he unlocks his powers well... he didn't nothing because he is "soo strong" that he prefers don't do nothing.

Good grief even The NightMaster had his moments like the "The strongest" villain in his story.

>Giffany
Cute design but I can't stand yanderes or clingy girls

He looks more like a mascot than a villain. Seriously.

soonders are better.

They should have had an Earthbound ending where Bill simply becomes drunk with power or overwhelmed by it at the end.

McGucket backstory is a plagiarism of Ice King background.