If anybody remembers this show, what do you think of it?

If anybody remembers this show, what do you think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hrhj8I-1b-A
youtube.com/watch?v=ycUY7EICqIw
youtube.com/watch?v=neBftfMt5xA
youtube.com/watch?v=2QkUaLX3vCY
youtube.com/watch?v=OslqnXePUQg
youtube.com/watch?v=HxGh4HQSQkg
youtube.com/watch?v=Fmt1gVKM27U
youtube.com/watch?v=dWqjqKy7uL0
youtube.com/watch?v=Z75LQtS9uQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=ftPdqLpslNY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a weakness for redheads and accents, so Amberley always stuck out in my memory. I don't remember much about the show other than her.

Also, now that I think about it, it probably didn't help that I didn't actually see it on TV... just on an old VHS that a friend of mine had. Did it ever actually air in North America?

I don't think so

I just want to watch all of it in high quality.

Is that too much to ask?

The bad guy looked cool

I wish Zordrak was more than a whiny little bitch, his design and voice were awesome

It was a british half-comedy in the 90s. What did you expect? I mean, he even has minions that are basically working class middle aged british men!

The villains were the only good part

Greatest mad scientist character ever

The motherfucking GOAT cartoon soundtrack (Though it was obviously re-used a lot over the series).

It got surprisingly dark at points. Urpgor plain murdering Urpneys that got in his way. The nightmares.
Asked the creator once a few years ago. He said they wanted to do a DVD set collecting all the series along with behind the scenes and commentary tracks (And he had been in contact with most of the VA's who were still around who were interested in doing commentary as well) and he did know the production company still has the master tapes. But ITV UK wasn't interested because they didn't think there was enough of an audience. No deal ever seems to have panned out (And his split with ITV wasn't great since he had made pretty successful high rating cartoons). Sadly he's been offline for a while now so never got to ask if he's interested in trying again to do a Blu-Ray.

>That Amano style armor
Neato.

I'm assuming the show looked nowhere near as good as this concept art?

See for yourself youtube.com/watch?v=ycUY7EICqIw
A shame it focused more on the orcs than Zordrak.

Pretty good considering what a lot of animation looked like back then

that music score... damn I miss hearing them in today's cartoons

>supposed "good guys" constantly give the Urpneys shit when they know they're slaves to Zordrak and have no choice but to obey him

No wonder, the dude was also responsible for this:

whoops, wrong video
youtube.com/watch?v=neBftfMt5xA

Want a rebbot with much of the same tone but with the Urpneys as the main characters.

Not bad, now here's some orchestral stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=2QkUaLX3vCY
youtube.com/watch?v=OslqnXePUQg
youtube.com/watch?v=HxGh4HQSQkg
youtube.com/watch?v=Fmt1gVKM27U
youtube.com/watch?v=dWqjqKy7uL0

The only OST album of a cartoon I've listened to these last years was Batman TAS and Over The Garden Wall (LP), and now this. Can't remember the last time a series made me want to listen to it's soundtrack (score) as well.

They pretty much already were, with how little focus the Noops got

Even as a little child, I was too annoyed by the sheer incompetence of the urpneys. You couldn't really root for the good guys to win when the bad guys were so terrible-bad at their job.

>those arrangements of Better than a Dream and the Urpney song
Holy fuck, why did I not hear about this till now

He most certainly did.
Though it felt underwhelming how he went about his dark lord routine by basically sitting on his throne at all times, having to rely on hapless servitors for whom he had no other emotion than contempt.

It's as if the creators of this show took Tolkien's Morgoth and somehow managed to make him even less sociable than the original.

He felt really out of place in that cartoon.

The spiritual successor was pretty weird

youtube.com/watch?v=Z75LQtS9uQ4

They actually had episodes where Zordrak moved about in the second and third seasons (When they had more animation budget to do it) and there was a whole episode where he was walking through a destroyed planet comet. They bullshitted a plot point that he had to be near his "ugorribles" or the nightmare stone to contain them or he would be consumed by them. Which is why he had to enslave the Urpneys and have them do his bidding instead of just wrecking the village.
If I remember right. He was supposed to "Look out of place" because "nightmares are strange and out of place". Which is why they made him look terrifying compared to even how cutsey the urpneys were.

>3 of the 6 villains are female
>not one is remotely fuckable

Maybe that's a factor in why it's so obscure

So fucking cool
Doesn't he kill off one of his minions in the first minute he's on screen?

Yes, the one who was commanding officer before Blob

That show was awsome. I loved watching it growing up. I remember the incredible soundtrack and how creative the designs were.

I learned about it by checking out the soundtrack. Didn't the man play in a rock band prior?

Well, the Urpneys war song had Ozzy Fucking Osbourne.
youtube.com/watch?v=ftPdqLpslNY

The Urpneys did nothing wrong.

They only loyally served a huge douchebag.

bump in the night

I liked that show too, even despite its increasingly blatant reuse of footage.

Do I remember it wrong, or was there a storyline where he did leave his lair, but in a low-effort animation-wise non-corporeal form that turned his body into a slowly dissipating statue?
Only now I'm beginning to understand why.

I love how the used a huge part of the animation budget on Urpgor and his constant spastic movement. That was ace.