Gunnerkrigg Court

>Welcome back.
gunnerkrigg.com/

so who is going to make the virgin chad meme for this one

I'm already laughing.

Don't bother. There's no humor in it anymore, it's been done a thousand times by now.

cucklamore
egcuckmore
eglacuck

He's not a cuck unless he watches,

He was just dating a hoe.

How many times did they fuck before coming back? Tony must be emptied out at this point.

Why bother?
This entire chapter is one long chad Vs virgin meme comic.

anja is a fucking cutie

poor jimmy jims

at least he has jones

that scene with jones must take place this same day right? pretty bold of her to swooce right in that quickly

ok is all this before or after renard's whole stuff? its before right?

It must be, he's wearing the same clothes.

kek i love it, that look on his face. this was the first time she'd have moved in on him like that, unless she was doing it when he was a kid

Imagine how he must have felt. He disappears on a long ass training trip and becomes swole as all hell. He thinks Surma is gonna be all over his rockin' bod so he doesn't shave. He doesn't want to. He just wants to get back ASAP to smash that Fire Elemental. Hell, she'll probably like the scruff to. He knows what she likes after all.

But then he finds out that nope, he doesn't know anything at all. And everything he's worked toward has been for nothing.

Who's the tall guy?

Hey, he still has that inhuman, unfeeling freak of nature to hang around him and touch his head until he dies.

What the actual flying fuck, Tom?!
She broke up with him IN FRONT OF HIS FRIENDS after cheating on him on vacation?
This is getting ridiculous.

Surma has been previously established to not be a very good person.

Is it creepier that Jones is an emotionless automaton, trying to mimic human signs of affection, or that she's doing it to someone she's watched grow up?

and then his dragon bff gets possessed killed by a fucking fox that has a crush on her

Yes, but it keeps getting worse!
It's just depressing at this point.

it just dawned on me how fucked this comic can be when you consider it
you think there's something wrong with tom

creepiest that eglamore must know who and what she is, and that he's just the latest son/lover in a long line of conquests

Also, Jones does this with women too right? just want to be sure that Jones is equal-opportunity

Yes.

Were they ever actually dating? I always assumed that it was a situation where it was super obvious Elgamore was into her, and she never did anything to discourage him, but never actually went anywhere beyond flirting with him, either.

>Eagleface is still carrying his bag
>They told him as soon as he set foot back on the court
This is too much.

Holy fuck, I never thought about it like that.
Everything wrong in his life was directly caused by Surma!
And he still doesn't hate her, he hates the poor fools who fell for the same shit!

Note how Tom's drawing Tony: he's gone from hunk (how Surma perceived him in the jungle) back to skinny nerd (to contrast him with swole Eglamore).

I think there's definitely something wrong with him.

The clothes, the hair, the emotionless immortal and the empty room with nothing but a stool make it seem like there's definitely something wrong with him. Are we sure he's actually human?

I forget if there was anymore not-robot sex in the Jones flashback. Maybe Eglamore is actually special to her, and this is the first time she's let someone into her canyon.

his previous pin-ups have telegraphed this. I mean, have you seen his twitter page. Its just a dead and deshivelled tom avatar hugging two scared and uncomfortable anime girls

He could move on from Jones but he'd prefer to stick with that creepy parody of a relationship out of pure self-pity. Grow the fuck up Eggers.

>Canyon
I keep forgetting that Jones is a rock.

Is Eggs more flummoxed by the idea of Surma with nerdy Tony than by the idea that she's dumping him?

Like, is he too hung-up on looking down on the guy instead of digesting that he got cucked?

Surma is the final boss of this comic!
She's the worst kind of evil!

He also had a haircut, is wearing different clothes, and is holding himself differently.

That kind of stuff changes a lot of your general appearance.

A cuckold is the (male) partner of an unfaithful (female) lover. Ergo, Elgamore has been cuckolded by an autistic pussy bandit.

actually renard and eglamore being buddies who commiserate might be the most heartwarming thing in the series

i've always been somewhat miffed at how annie dislikes eglamore, especially when she likes renard so much, because eglamore doing this for renard really makes him a stand-up guy if you ask me.

I got freaked out when I went to @tomsiddell and found a profile pic of a well adjusted man with his child, and a banner of him hanging out with his bros.

Thankfully, then I found our Tom's account and sighed in relief.

This is just depressing, Tom.
For the first time I don't feel like reading this comic for a while.

i don't even think its a haircut, his hair just gets unruly

you can see it here, as soon as he laughs it gets all messed up

Yes, in a nutshell. As far as I can recall, he never seemed to respect Tony, even when they were kids. It always comes from a place of him thinking Tony is shit so why would Surma dump him but never questioning why he's dumpable or worth cheating on in the first place. Hopefully we'll get to see how Surma and Eggs interacted at some point.

I feel like they perhaps bonded over the pain caused by Surma, but they still don't actually realize it was Surma's fault, not theirs.

Annie has hated James since the very beginning and it's not really clear why. She just thinks he's an asshole for some reason.

>never questioning why he's dumpable or worth cheating on in the first place
That's most likely because he wasn't.
Surma is just terrible. And a slut.

Considering Anja, James, and Surma didn't think much of him, Donny must've really vouched for the guy; I also like how this was Tony's only panel for like years, right

Also, I completely forgot about this reference to Jones; I guess that's another reason why Surma may have broke it off with him

He was introduced showing obvious favoritism for her. I've always assumed she mistrusted that from an adult (and teacher) she didn't know at all.

Kind of a twist to the way YA novel protagonists benefit from having adults bend backwards to help them.

>man i wish my immortal nanny could be in this photo with me and my teen friends
Where Surma and pals the weird kids?

Oh, cool, Surma hates Jones, too.
Another reason Surma is the worst.

He looks like he's balding with a really bad comb over.

She just thinks it's weird that everyone acts like the doll has a soul. You don't let the robots get all uppity and start thinking they're people, and the same goes for the millennia old rock.

Cuckerkrigg Court.

there was never any humor in it.
we don't do things for good reasons on Sup Forums, we do them because mindless repetition is comforting and makes the autism less screemy.

What a call-back!

He can probably fuck any woman he wants but he's too pathetic. He's never moved on.

nice catch

>disappears on a long ass training trip and becomes swole as all hell

Thank goodness Smits didn't go on any entomological excursions while Parley was training.

What's his account?

@gunnerkrigg

Twinks win again. Are you even trying Chads?

Hard to tell, but i'd say it's before.
I'm sure there's some sort of detail we either already know, or will learn soon that ill reveal for certain if it's before or after
Like if Egly has even gotten his Rogat partner yet, which i doubt

That's a normal chair, he's just sitting in it sideways

Oh yeah, I forgot about these weird dragonoid things. Do you think Parley has one?

Oh, now I get it. Surma was jealous of Jones, that's why she sluted around.

don't you mean hotter?

they're all extinct as far as I know, I think Sivo (eglamores dragon) was the last one.

I said "oh geez" out loud

That's a shame, Eglamore barely got to use his.

I'd hate someone who did that expression too

It would be really shitty for Eglamore if Renard's stuff happened right after this.

there's so many different ways this page is fucking ugly

Annie doesn't trust Eglamore because he is extremely buddy buddy with her just because of Surma. He immediately sucks up to her.

compared to toms newest work, most stuff just looks gross.

>Jeeze, who talks like that?

The guy fucking your girlfriend apparently.

Tom's had about 12 years to develop his style since then.

>Eglamore is twice as tall as two thirteen-year old girls
Is he like three metres?

Who hurt you, user? In all seriousness, I think her cheating on Eglamore is a pretty shit thing to do too. Did seem like he was gone a lot for his training more than once. Not that it excuses anything she did, but we know it did bother her so potential fuel for that dumpster fire.
Man, that's true, we really didn't see anything of him for a long-ass time, huh. I want to see why she hated Jones.
I'm rather fond of the old style, it's full of character. Is it ugly? Maybe. But it had its own look and is nicely stylized. Damn though on those skinny legs, Eggs.
Yeah, this. He even called her Surma as she was falling off the bridge and that probably stuck with her on top of already feeling weery of him. She didn't like how he imprisoned Rey either.

yes

but eggy's jones thing is weird by any standards, not just "those freaks and their magic powers frighten and enrage me" weird

>hyland
Jeez, does everyone's parents know each other? Is Zimmy actually the headmaster's daughter or some shit?

>Is Eggs more flummoxed by the idea of Surma with nerdy Tony than by the idea that she's dumping him?
Yes. See and the fact that DECADES LATER Eglamore still holds a huge grudge against Tony to the point where he just unleashes this huge rant to Parley about him during his training. Eglamore is far, far more angry with Tony than he is with Surma. It's more about him perceiving Tony as completely inferior than anger that Surma cheated.

I certainly don't fucking feel bad for Eglamore at all when we see Renard, who fell for Surma, had Surma used as bait to capture him, woke up and realized Surma was fucking dead, tried to kill Annie on impulse and later regretted it, had Annie scream at him saying he was disgusting and his mother could never love him, and then developed into a character who loves Annie for herself (NOT because she "is" Surma) and managed to understand what the truth of the situation is.

Renard is way more mature than Eglamore and has managed more development and empathy than James ever had in a much shorter amount of time, but Eglamore is still hung up on his high school crush even though he's fucking an immortal golem who raised him.

I think Jones is really cool too but has it right. She's a nearly expressionless rock who is ageless, tries to mimic human emotions, and raised James. The fact that Eglamore wants her in the picture with his friends is fucking weird.

Well, i don't think they directly stated it, but Surma's also spoken of Eglys as if they're in a relationship

>Also, Jones does this with women too right?
I think all her companions we've seen were male.
Probably because once they get older it's easier to convince people she's their wife or something

>especially when she likes renard so much
Annie probably doesn't know.
I mean, Renard told her he's going out to see a friend, had he wanted her to know, he'd have said he was gonna go see Eglamore

>Where Surma and pals the weird kids?
Did you not read that chapter?

Eglamore probably went looking to try and find Surma immediately.

Tom's original style was highly stylised and surreal to reflect the strange story he was telling. He gradually shifted to a more realistic style over the course of several years.

>Is Zimmy actually the headmaster's daughter or some shit?

No, that's Janet, silly!

unless they're sisters or smth

>Is Zimmy actually the headmaster's daughter or some shit?
No, younger Hyland's girlfriend is the headmaster's daughter.

When else is she going to tell him? They were all friends, they likely were all there to welcome him back and it's not hard to think he probably moved in to kiss her or some shit

I forgot about Janet.
Remember when Annie and Kat had non-Paz friends? Such as, Vegeta, Black Girl, Angry Girl, Nondescript Boys 1 and 2? Such great characters.

They all showed up in some retarded filler story where Winsbury was pretending to ask out Annie so he and Janet could continue to keep their relationship secret for some stupid fucking reason

It's not surprising the other kids have been kind of phased out considering almost all the baggage that drives the plot was caused by Annie and Kat's parents, their friends, and the Court.

gotta do a reread, user

it's been a thousand years in webcomic time but it hasn't been that long in-story since they all hung out

Her?
Hey, remember this character?

Winsbury is cool, I don't remember the other ones.

Still, it isn't that strange they don't show up much anymore now considering Annie was held back a year.

I just checked the chapter Reynardine, when Sivo is dead Eglamore says "it's been over 5 years", so that definitely happened a long time after Surma broke up with him

I don't think so, she's still in training, you know. and they're hard to come by

I'm fairly certain they're just really rare
There's this page, which shows two Rogat's. Though one of them is probably Sivo this shows that there are more of them, and it's from after he got dumped

Annie being held back doesn't matter much when they don't ever show them in class.

shit was SO cash

>Jenny
She looks more like a beth to be honest

I can't remember which her actual name was at this point. She's so minor and infrequent.

I'd be pretty ashamed to see my old class if I'd been held back a year.

the black girl is fucking cute
i wish she dated kat instead

it was a joke. I vaguely remember everyone forgetting her name when the torn seas threads were going and just calling her beth

What a weird fucking character. Didn't she have some bogus psychic powers they used on a boat during a storm or some shit?