Zodiac Starforce

What does Sup Forums think of Zodiac Starforce? Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

filescdn.com/p7q5sj8wn5k5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is a domain white people should just leave a fucking lone.

2 sets of tights, 5 different skin colors, hair colors and styles and body types.
5 b-cups.
Truly all women are represented here

What about black people?

It's probably a good comic but I hate when western writers take something and go HURR DURR WE'RE SUBVERTING ALL DA TROPES. Why are they so fucking obsessed with subversion? Does it think it makes them more mature to try a change a formula and archetypes made for little Japanese girls?

Japanese Magical Girls = Black Magical Girls > *

would you story time it or provide a link so we can read it and have an opinion?

Is this the one about the retired magical girl that works on a coffe shop?

I cant take fat or black magical gir!s seriously, sorry

>You

i'll take the thicc

Zodiac Starforce - By the Power of Astra (2016) (digital TPB) (Glorith-Novus-HD)
filescdn.com/p7q5sj8wn5k5

Why are their outfits so boring? Magical girl costumes usually have loads of sparkles and frills.

Its good, a little bit plain, but ok for kids, magical girl fans or fun falbe like stories. A little bit too tumblr aestethic and for modern times too sexistic, with no male straight and gay guardian.

>HURR DURR WE'RE SUBVERTING ALL DA TROPES
Agree with you, this overexposure and signaling kinda make me hating that stuff. 10 years before they just produced that and said "hey our hero/team is xxx". But now its full advertising and signaling "world first xxx and best na evar!!!!1!".

Because its modern and tomboy style.

That looks a lot like a Frank face.
I personally don't like it, too boring, but i am not interested in magical girls in general.
But i thought about this: manga are published weekly in Japan, so magical girls comics get more content faster than western comics, they have the chance of introducing elements of the plot, or give new characters exposure and let the reader get interested in them.
In this comic they try to establish all the characters fast, I remember someone saying that part was something new and fresh in the genre, you know, not origin stories, not introduction of new characters, not flashback or learning about the new powers. But i think it was because they couldn't pull something like that and had to choose another route.

If the author has to say it's a subversion, it's not a subversion. It's the true sign of someone who thinks they're smarter than they really are. Or a marketing trick to gather a particular type of audience.

A lot of writers really think they're breaking the mold when in reality they're just as average as everyone else.

What a BORING fucking color pallet.
Three flavors of redhead, pink hair, and a violet hair?
The Frank Face second from the right has the sailor moon odango, a bob, AND massive flowing locks, and for the fuck of it a dual color scheme of red blue, then muddled further with mauve tights.
Also, what the fuck is with the yellow neck scarf things?

What boring fucking designs in general. No skirts for reasons that are probably stupid. No frills or anything. What's the fucking point of making magical girls if they aren't going to look like magical girls? It's like what I said here . MUH TROPE SUBVERSION bullshit.

>Why are they so fucking obsessed with subversion?

Read through the first volume, was really disappointed. It was trying to give off this impression of a continuing story that also would be a jumping-on point, but it just comes across as a carbon copy of a Sailor Moon plot you'd expect. Most of it's the main characters lamenting about how they don't want to return to a life of fighting evil monsters. The main plot is about the leader girl and how she keeps having recurring nightmares about her mother who turns out was also a magical girl that fought the same enemy, but like the majority of the cast, she's really flat so there's no investment. And there's a sub-plot about one of them making friends with another girl and becoming attracted to her while she's also having trouble with her current boyfriend who's a stock asshole that she eventually breaks up with, and saves the new girl from turning evil with the power of love an-

Yeah, no one here is gonna really care much for this. It's themes are very cookie cutter and it doesn't have any resonate emotional value to carry its story or make up for its flaws. Just a really average to mediocre version of something you've seen before.

>Zodiac Starforce
Fuck off, bitches

They look like Pokemon Go avatars.