DC House of Horror Storytime

An all-new, all-creepy one-shot set in the DC Universe—just in time for Halloween! Martha Kent fights for her life against a creature from a spacecraft that lands in front of her farmhouse. A young woman is possessed by the spirit of a murderous Amazon warrior. The last surviving member of the Justice League faces down a horror beyond imagining. All these and more are what happens when the most exciting new voices in contemporary horror fiction are paired with the talents of some of the greatest artists in the DC firmament! And if that isn’t enough to scare you, there’s Keith Giffen, too.

Other urls found in this thread:

www83.zippyshare.com/v/l0cOqIKO/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Malfi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DC House of Horror 001 (2017) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr
www83.zippyshare.com/v/l0cOqIKO/file.html

I was just searching for this. Thanks OP

No problem, I suggest using the download link because this is going to take a little while

Random trump reference.

Interestng evil alien baby idea.

Yeah, I can't say that the stories have exactly been good, but the art is usually nice

Oh no, they've contacted Flashpoint Diana

What a weird way to die.

I feel like the Wonder Woman story went completely over my head because I don't know a word of Greek.

Harley time

Same here, my shitty google translate said that the last panel is something about "it will be a glorious one," so I assume she plans on taking over the world or something

He's going to end up being the Joker isn't he?

Greek to English Google Translator to the rescue!

...insanity....

Where am I....
WITCHES!

The world of man...
hell....
it is...
will be a glorious war

Kinky

Spoiler for the next story:

No that's Bruce silly

where are they... witches!

The world of men... Hell...

it is...
will be a glorious war.
Killed her dad.

Carl NOO!

The world of man.. Hell, this is going to be a glorious war.

Now, the Batman

huh. ghost harley is kindof brilliant.

FINALLY! I was worried Sup Forums wasn't going to shit up the board today

BvS Bats

Shh, they'll never know about it

Trunks bats

Guessing this will be a sixth sense/secret window reveal "batman IS the joker"

>I control the horizontal. I control de vertical
Nice

I need to watch more Outer Limits

Just read this and holy shit, this was horrible. From the cover I thought it was going to be like Red Rain, where you combine a horror monster with a superhero, like I don't know, Gillman and Aquaman, and yeah, that's obvious as fuck, but it's not like the other stories aren't obvious either.
>hey guys what if Batman was a psycho and also the Joker lol
>hey guys what if Green Arrow was a psycho vigilante
>hey guys what if Harley Quinn was a ghost (I don't even get this one, why Harley? You could literally replace her with any character and the story would be the exact same)
>hey guys what if Two Face was some serial killer while A GIANT MONSTER THING ATTACKED THE CITY (???)
>hey guys what if Shazam was actually some annoying nagging demon thing

It's just so... cliche and uninspired. At least with the superhero + monster idea you could get some schlocky fun out of it. Another problem I found with all of these is that they're really not fit for a short story format, like the zombie one could have been way more impactful as a longer series, I guess that's the problem when you get people who don't write comics for a living to come on board and write comics.

Man, I really dislike that I'm hating on this because I wanted to love it, but it was just a big fat disappointment.

I'm so happy I didn't buy this piece of shit book. I almost spent the money.

Looking back, you can also see a blonde wig, so I wonder if he ran around as Harley as well

Now, Justice League

He probably just had Robin dress up.

Yay zombies

I thought it was going to be like the Holoday Special and show how the characters spend Halloween.

I wonder if those accurate little summaries are all that the guest writers got from Giffen

wow thats really necessairy and adds to the story

>most exciting new voices in contemporary horror fiction are paired with the talents of some of the greatest artists in the DC firmament!
if this is some of the greatest artists int he DC firmament I think we'd all be horrified. Thankfully we all know that's pure bullshit.

I just realized that this one was by Brian Keene, a horror writer who bailed from Future's End right before it started

ONE PUNCH

youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

>SNAKT
Is... Is that an established sound effect now?

Hmmm diff

Now, "Arrow"

I know, right? That ending is so unintentionally hilarious.

Well that ending was shit.

Holy hell this dialogue is bad

Zombie Flash is such an interesting concept but man was this execution shitty.

Also why did the base explode?

Superman and Justice League were my favorites. And the art for many of the stories was really really good.

Overall though, it could have been better. Maybe get some better writers next time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Malfi

I'm reading this blind now

>this was horrible
it's DC you should know by now it can't be anything but

Really, Dinah in a cage?

Maybe get some actual comic book writers next time and don't pull a Marvel.

Long bow

Yeah. I was hoping it was going to be what some DC characters were doing for Halloween like one user said earlier.

Fuck off, you shitposting idiot. I wanted to love this.

How the fuck did he get J'onn?

I think they still have a december Holiday special at least

>There is a psycho doing the rounds
>He's called the Arrow Killer
>Some dude kills a guy, right in front of you, with arrows
>Take this long to figure out he might be the arrow killer

So Giffen plotted the stories and he got a bunch of comic newbs to do the dialogue no wonder most of these stories are bad.

I mean the concept of alien baby monster Supes, angry Amazonian spirit Wondy and zombie flash sound interesting but the way it's done is awful.

The 09 Halloween special was better.

These people have never heard the words "tell by showing", have they?

this page should have been spoilered too