Hi-Fi Fight Club #03 Storytime

Will these literal Social Justice Warriors save the day? let's find out.

well would you look at that, beating the crap of out them last issue WAS totally uncalled for

geez just ask her if she's a lesbo already

>I know you have questions about the legality of this mini cult's actions, but there's no time for that.

and that's all.

Thanks OP

The art's too cute to hate.

Thanks for explaining how music worked before the internet.

Man I don't think I can really buy this comic as like 1998. I couldn't date it at first but from the references that is when it's happening.

>xenophobia = wrong
The Emperor does not approve of this heresy.

this right here is why an all female cast for a fight club is a silly idea.

Lmao, what?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

I haven't read this yet but I reeeeeeeeeeeealy want this comic to deliver!

Please don't let this there die till morning Sup Forums!

You know if it dies it will be in the Sup Forums archives for a week right?

It really shows this is this artist's first comic, nice character models but they move like the artist has never seen people move IRL.

This

Bump

why can't this just be a comic about cute girls beating people up? so far the only men who aren't portrayed as douchebags are the black chick's BF and Neil the Rube (because it's okay to lead someone on to get free shit if you're female).

I bet the comic will go start to finish without them ever having to fight a female villain

So, who is the cute tomboy?

Yeah if it's done horribly like this.

>Fight Club
>hardly any fighting in any issue
>majority being talking about music and girl troubles

I know right? But the chicks are so cute.

One last bump

So, I don't get it.
Haven't seen any of the other issues but how is this one girl supposed to keep these three guys who are bigger than her under lockdown?

Does she have super powers or something?

Do the boys fear that the other girls will jump them with baseball bats when their not looking or burn their houses down?

YES THANK YOU CO!

OH GODDAMNIT NOW THIS BOOK IS DOING STUFF LIKE WHAT SHAMO DOES!

IF IT DISAPPOINTS ME AFTER THIS I'M GONNA' CHOKE A BITCH!

>why can't this just be a comic about cute girls beating people up?
It wanted proper setup; well, it got it. And I'll tell you what: this is the first comic I ever read that has a cast that is simultaneously Change 123 badass and Friendship is Magic adorable. Or at least is getting close to that vibe. And I get it, you wantbthe reader to care about the girls and have an understanding of who they are. Fine. Fine. RWBY had an hour of setup and this comic doesn't have fifty pages an issue.

So I REFUSE to say I'm disappointed. I have faith that the women making this comic are smart and know what their readers want: just one GOOD fight scene will make me tell everyone this comic is the best.

So here's holding out for the final issue in November, and damn do I hope that Christmas comes early this year!

Is it really only 4 issues?

It's how Boom Studios works. You get a miniseries that gets compiled into a single trade paperback. If it does reasonably well in the market it becomes an ongoing series.

Fingers crossed that issue four blows everyone away and then the ongoing series will have one ass-kicking a month.

Guy I know your really hoping for one really good moment but calling them adorable is true the art is gorgeous, but badass no, look at that training scene and tell me this is a fight comic or action book. I think the only reason it's called a fight club is a pun, I think the comic is cute but I don't think it's a action book.

>Xenophobia
When I saw this, there is one moment I almost forgot how cute the art is

I refuse to give up on it because comics need this. And I also refuse to believe that the women behind this comic would so grossly misunderstand their audience.

how big was the trans community in 98? Like I lived 98, was on the internet in 98, transphobia wasn't even a word I really heard till the 2000's, also why is this comic set in 98 when with some messing around it could be set today?

and there audience is? I mean I want this comic to succeed but I can see some glaring issues with the premise. Maybe it should have just been a fun story about working at a store instead of trying to be an action book when it's clear the creators are not doing it. Heck look at the promotional art! None of of them are shown in a fight.

I know I'm the audience. And the next issue can still make it all work and draw people in. Hopefully enough people.

And if it doesn't, well, damn.

Well, they're very informed and aware young women.

And I guess setting the story in 1998 let's you do more plot setup and mistery that can't be solved easily without modern technology.

Or it just gives an excuse to plausibly show these girls working at a record store that isn't going bankrupt.

Or maybe late nineties music is what the creators love.

>I refuse to give up on it because comics need this

Comics need... what exactly?

Cute action. It hase the first half down, now the last issue needs to bring the second.

Why didn't they call the cops?

Remember the second issue where Maggie told Chris about how the first big act of Justice of the Hi-Fi Fight Club was helping out an all-female band that was harrassed by a couple if it's "fans" by posing as the band on stage and beating them up so the fans never bothered the band again? The police probably didn't lift a finger for the band, so the Fight Club is probably a lot more efficient at these kinds of things, and ESPECIALLY more efficient at finding Rosie Riot - cops don't tend to be Stegosaur scholars.

That's my only problem.
I wanted a story about girls beating people up, or like a fight club where "Battle of the Bands" is taken literally.

The title promised so much. This isn't "Bad" but it's not what i was promised by the title.

My little antifa can't possibly be this cute!

Their audience are Tumblr teen girls who don't like men, who want to pretend they enjoy action comics.

There's nothing promising in the action category based on that fight scene with Blondie in the last issue. And the training pages where a girl falls down and apologizes after one hard punch aren't making it look good either.

I'm also surprised the black girl is even allowed to have a boyfriend

Eh, I don't think it needs it that much... but yeah, the action in this comic is non existent.

So let me be disappointed by issue four. Till then I will remain giddy with anticipation.

>I'm also surprised the black girl is even allowed to have a boyfriend
Oh hush you.

>I'm also surprised the black girl is even allowed to have a boyfriend
they've trained him up as a proper femicuck from the looks of it, so it's allowed.
I hope Chris ends up fucking Dolores instead and making Maggie jealous

>it´s another sjw comic
boring. no wonder this industry is dead

Cute action is an oxymoron of genres. It’s not action if it’s cute, and it’s not cute if it’s action. The two are mutually exclusive. Females can’t into action because they aren’t wired for it.

1. I love you for posting thaas a response.

2. This comic needs to end as something like that but grounded.

>training pages where a girl falls down and apologizes after one hard punch aren't making it look good

I think the art itself is really good. Although they are not doing well in action or fight scenes. Action girls are kind of my wheel house so I wanted to try my hand at those layouts. Its probably presumptuous of me to think that I can do better, but I just thought its might be fun.

Its strange maggs is such a push over considering that she apparently kicked so much ass.

For a fight club it really lacks blood lust or release of a certain impotent rage many guys experienced spending a whole life stuck between obligation and their crushed dreams. There is nothing primal about what motivate this fight club, its all just words and lofty idealism. Everything is too clean, and their lives too easy, but I guess that's teenagers for you. I suppose jaded corporate drone isn't the target audience. Although I thought its just very strange those women would want to appropriate the concept of a fight club.

>Was hoping this would be like Teppu
>The girls don't even grapple with each other

Fucking come on. I would't mind the SJW bullshit if they just catered to my catfight fetish.

It's something I noticed with these type of comics another similar one is lady Castle where they take what should be gritty material and sanitize it to a into something more approachable I guess. Like in lady Castle the whole idea was that all the men in the kingdom die but all the women fight off the evil force who killed them. The first thing they do in the comic is make a sewing circle.

That sounds awful... however, if you're not the target demographic of a comic, you should adapt to their tropes and quirks, within reason of course. Because the other way around is not going to happen.

There were definitely trans people back then, but they were mostly lumped in entirely with the gay community. I don't think anyone outside of academia considered them to be any different from drag queens.

Do you mean this lady castle? because this is one where it convinced me that they actually just hate men.

Definitely has a lot more intensity going on. The girls in the comic just act way too delicate with their fighting.

I don't even know why I've been following these storytimes. Aside from cute girls, the comic doesn't have much else at all.

Totally judging a book by its cover here but...

That looks dreadful.

mommie look i'm blankposting i don't know how to bookmark in my browser or use Sup Forums's thread watcher and now EVERYONE KNOWS I'M A HUGE FAGGOT

>I am an expert on things including sexual dimorphism
You are an immense faggot full of himself

i want to write a book one day called: "The SJW's Guide to Writing Anything". it'll be two hundred pages about how actually writing a decent story is more important than the theme/message, as well as not alienating half your potential audience by portraying them as ineffectual jerks.

oh, and I'll pose as a half-black/half-asian pansexual genderfluid so that they'll take me seriously.

fuck off

>implying anyone is going to read that

You don't even need a pseudo academic text, you can learn that and more by reading good comics (and having talent, ofc).

This is such garbage. Complete waste of cute art. The"""writer""" should just stick to her trash fanfiction, which I'm pretty fucking sure is what this conic was based on anyway.

This should have never been more than a simple story about running a music shop, the author has no capacities to handle this story as it is.

yup that's the one.

Cute!
But I have no idea how this could possibly make for a compelling story if there's one issue left.

>GIRLS BEING GIRLS EEEEEEEEEEEE
ok not necessarily my cup of tea but that's not a criticism
>FIGHT CLUB--FOR EQUALITY
pants on head retarded stop it this instant

I hope this becomes an ongoing just to keep watching Sup Forums's buttmad.

>"d-do you... hate me?"
>"I don't, I was just confused!"
It's like my japanese yuri mangas

Why do these xomics exist?
Was it Utena and Sailor Moon?
Do the people making these things not understand why people liked those titles to begin with?

(it was a joke)

Cute comic. Might read when I'm not busy with Dr. Stone and MHA.