Was Agent Venom worth reading? What about Venom Space Knight? I'm legitimately curious...

Was Agent Venom worth reading? What about Venom Space Knight? I'm legitimately curious, I haven't read Marvel comics for almost a decade.

Yes, Agent Venom was great. Venom: Spaceknight, less so.

Yes and no respectively

Agent venom was fun space knight less so but it tried and wasn't horrible

What makes Space Knight so bad? Is it SJW-y or just plain old bad?

It was poorly written and retconned a lot of symbionts lore so that Bendis could wipe his shit over cosmic Marvel. (It also stole designs from GW) beyond that no I don’t think it had any SJW elements. It just wasn’t good.

>something have leftist view is now just as important as if it is written well or not
seriously?

Anyone else miss his spunky sidekick Mania?

Bendis did as Bendis does.
Basically took a shit on everything established to make the character his own thing, and expect you to think of him as to why Flash Venom was any good.

Yes nigger. It having a leftist view is an extreme red flag showing the quality of writing is likely shit and if it isn't shit yet, it will be at some point to validate the leftist view.

Just because you're too stupid to put two and two together, doesn't mean everyone else is.

Everyone ITT is basically right, Agent Venom is decent I'd say (It's worth a read, I wouldn't overhype it as much as some do though) but Space Knight was absolute trash.

That being said, I'll never be a fan of the design/concept of Agent Venom. It'd be like if when Spider-Man was bonded to it, he had a symbiote lab coat to show you how sciency he is but with a symbol of a broken heart on his spider to show you he's also hurt about his uncle's death.....it's just so literal and IMO immature looking. Like we get it ,Flash played football and was in the military. It always came off to me as like a child's interpretation of what the symbiote should look like based on the host.

Whatever happened there.
Last i recall Flash in old-style Agent Venom appearence and Mania were swinging through the city, then suddenly Mania was gone and Flash had lost the symbiote to some Sasuke looking motherfucker.

You're fucking retarded. If something is written good it doesn't matter what values it has. If you seriously can't handle someone thinking differently then you to the point that you can't even read about it then you have some pretty serious issues

What do you expect? They don't call this place Sup Forumsmblr for nothing.

The majority of comics have a leftist view, because the comic industry was started by Jewish people, who are traditionally leftist

Sorry, but you're never going to win

Agent Venom is fantastic for as long as Remender is on the book, then it takes a dramatic dip in quality because
>Bunn
Sup Forums over rates his part of the book because they get to jerk off to Mania so that is a reasonable compromise to them.

Klyntar.

So I bet you hate comics like Transmetropolitan, Shade the Changing Man, Animal Man, and Doom Patrol, right?

>Implying he has read any of those

For the people saying that Venom SK was bad because of Bendis, this is false, Bendis only wrote Venom in GotG and in that he did suck completely. SK was written by Robbie Thompson who took the train wreck Bendis gave him and turned it into a decent comic, it just wasn't as good as Agent Venom and the Klytnar name really pissed a lot of seasoned fans off. My one problem with SK was the art work and the fact that I just plain don't care for cosmic stuff, but it's worth reading

just chiming in to reinforce AGENT: FUCK YES, SPACEKNIGHT: FUCK NO, which is a correct opinion that you should take to heart

It gets worse if what I heard about the solicits are true. That same Sasuke motherfucker is going to snatch Andi's suit soon and become the new Mania.

I liked agent venom run
it looked more like a bug costume than a football thing but i can't deny them shoulder pads

"Not a Pan-duh" is best girl.

Venom volume 2 is one of my favorite comic runs, and turned Agent Venom into my favorite character.

I enjoyed Spaceknight as well, but it definitely wasn't as good as Remender's stuff. It gets better about halfway through.

Space Knight was solidly okay, had nice space pulpish art for most of the run until Sandoval drops in at the end.

Is there any good Gargan Venom comics?

Not really, no. Ellis' Thunderbolts is good if you can get past the fact that he turned the Thunderbolts into knock-off Suicide Squad and it has Gargan Venom in it, but Gargan Venom isn't necessarily good in it. He's just there.

Actually, the Dark Reign: Sinister Spider-man mini was alright.

DONT READ SPACE KNIGT.

Agent Venom is really the only version of Venom I see working in movie form. Have him work for the government and just be it very similar to Conway's Carnage with Carnage played by CIA from TDKR as Kletus.

Chad Venom is the least interesting venom

>Agent Venom is really the only version of Venom I see working in movie form.

It's weird how much this place has changed since daddy Trump started his campaign, even moreso after he took office.

There's something about that man's victory that just brought out the raging manchild in the Right.

I thought Sinister Spider-Man was fun.

Reading comic books is for nerds. I only look at the pictures.

I don't want to "win". I simply want comic books to be written without some political agenda behind it. It's ok to disagree with a view that gets presented but it's not ok when that view is forcefully shoved down your throat and make the entire character and comic book quality trash so that you could get your gay opinion heard.

I'd be just as uninterested in buying a Lamborghini with Trump or Clinton's face plastered on the hood of the car as I would a comic book with a clear political view. I don't read them for the author's dumbass view of the world. I read them for a view into another one unphased by our world.

Good job, you are unable to consume literally any media ever because everyone is influenced by their views at a subconscious level.
As soon as someone brings up anything that could even be interpreted as political you'll throw a bitch fit.

This

>without some politicial agenda behind it

um.. i don't think there's anything like that brother

What do you hope to gain from playing dumb? Do you believe frog posting will add some legitimacy to such a moronic statement?

>Remender
Great.
>Bunn
Mediocre, though Mania waifufags would probably tell you otherwise
>anything after both of those
Shit

Love how you wrote a huge wall of text about how opinions are bad but you didn't reply to

Honestly, as someone who likes Bunn, I can admit it didn't get good til he moved to Philly.

The demon stuff between Philly and Remender was not good, but I thought it picked up once Eddie came around

Sasuke made the symbiote bad cause he was mean to it, then Eddie killed a priest.
So p much just character assasination.

Plus it had Based Shalvey on art.

I think that started more with the gamergate thing. Back then it was just an understandable mass-rejection of the crazy element of the left-wing. Nowadays, those people have invested entirely in the opposite end of that political spectrum, to the point where I'm actually convinced they're far worse than the lefties.

Sup Forums has been right since at least obama's second term

>right
Predictions? Sure, but don't try to tell me these faggots are in any way respectable. I was here back when this site was more left-leaning, and the user base was far more bearable back then.

Even /m/ is a shithole these days. You'd be surprised how many alt-righters treat UC Gundam like it's actual history.

Right as in right-wing. We've been like this long before meme magic got Trump into office. The combination of intense hatred for leftist rival sites like tumblr and reddit, general leftist asshattery and Sup Forums leakage destroyed us. Trump is just the last nail in the coffin.

It's true sadly and he's apparently so edgy that he has to change the symbiote's name to Maniac