Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/COD6GG7WE60
youtu.be/n8QsSqqX2yk
youtube.com/watch?v=7-Lxu220l9c
youtube.com/watch?v=7KJ0N7ik3yI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope they include Rose for the Hmong culture points

Terra when?

What are the odds it's more like Priest's run than dumb action movie with le epic mercenary?

>Gareth Huw Evans directing
Might actually be good.

>in talks

get fucked with a rake OP i got excited

>Deathstroke movie
eh I mean I like the current run but
>by The Raid director
holy FUCK yes YES

I really hope this happens. Both for the potential of the movie itself and for the potential to benefit Gareth Evans' career. That guy needs a hit so that Hollywood starts giving him money to make more movies.

Raids didn't really have much of a plot going on but if someone can show how badass Deathstroke is, it's this guy. It's gonna be great, I can feel it in my plums.

I always wondered, how expensive are Slade Wilson's services? I guess he can charge whatever he wants given that he's the worlds top mercenary. But I've always been curious how assassins like Deadshot or whomever estimate costs

Gareth would say yes if it means WB promises to fund whatever pet passion project Gareth wants. All Gareth has to do is remake the raid and market it as a cape movie.

Good thing this vilain has a mask : We can expect great fighting scene w/o CGI.

Deathstroke in a Raid style film
Mfw

The recent DC movieverse might finally get a solid entry now, I'm excited

>DC has more exciting solo titles than their "Avenger" ensemble casted movies

If this all comes together, I wonder which costume they'll go for. Slade's cloth mask with a mix of "rebirth" design or armored tactical shit SWAT shit.

Didn't we already see Joe Mangablahblah in some test footage? Looked more tactical.

>Aquaman
>Shazam
>Gotham Sirens
>Deathstroke

yfw Adam, Ivy, Manta and Slade in Suicide Sqaud 2

I imagine it depends on the job but since he's one of the best he ain't cheap

Joe's scene in JL was scrapped along with him being the villain in Affleck's version of the batman movie. Gareth will likely want a costume that allows Slade to be nimble, and not have the mobility of something say Batman in the DKR armor.

The best DC stories ate elseworld's. Its fitting

Part of me was hoping they would use him as the villain in the Nightwing movie, but I guess they were probably always going to use shitty Blockbuster.

Joe is still on though, right? I actually like him. 0 idea if he can lead a movie.

but these movies aren't elseworlds so that doesn't apply. and, no, the best DC stories aren't elseworlds you fucking casual.

>thinking if he does get the job then we're gonna get The Raid: Deathstroke
lol no. The studio will hamstring the fuck outta this.

All the most famous stories care elseworlds if you like it or not

>Waller holding Adam
How?

Considering the director, very low, but at least the action should be good.

So does Marvel. The Avenger movies are shit

Joe Manginajello

They paid Joe to be Death Stroke in JL and has signed the contract and all. Don't think they can just do takebacks like that.

Of course since BvS sucked.

Sexy

Depending on the contract it could have been a one movie deal. Even if his scene was cut he would still be paid

some contracts go for 3 deals even if they intended on using you once. For example, even Martha and Thomas Wayne signed 3 picture contracts, but paid in the sum of 1 movie.

Why is it that the most exciting DC movies are years away from being made

Maybe a trade? Rather than straight up blackmail, an exchange of services. He helps her with this one big fuck up, she gives him the location of magical mcguffin to setup shazam.

Deathstroke is Deadpool but without any personality.

Ie, it will suck and flop.

They're the ones without any Snyder. I'm looking forward to Aquaman

you said best not most famous and that's still untrue. But I suppose you call any non-canon story an elseworld, right?

wew lad

t.casual

Great, i hate Deadpool's personality is reddit.

Can't wait for next week's news that he dropped out

Cool.

If/when it happens, I have some hope.

Can't drop out if its just talks

Idris Elba should play him.

>By The Raid director
okey this could be really good

Raid films and Merantaus plots are pretty simple and dumb but all the action should be great, especially if he still has the same choreographers with him.

youtu.be/COD6GG7WE60

just use the mask for seamless stunt double

I hate this cunt for not sleeping with me.

youtu.be/n8QsSqqX2yk

3 has to come out already

jesus i can see it now
>deathstroke has a contract to eliminate an high profile arkham inmate (or could be blackgate prison)
>breaks in, stealth goes wrong, has to fight guards
>the target turns the tables on deathstroke by releasing inmates offering a reward for whoever can kill deathstroke
>deathstroke running out of equipment, starts using hands and random items he can find
>the person who hires him/amanda waller eventually breaks the contract for such a botch
>now deathstroke has to escape and has to fight other high profile inmates like killer croc/bane
>batman shows up cuz arkham
>finale is batman fighting deathstroke
>all of this in the style of raid
>protagonist gets trapped in a building and has to fight their way to the top/out
consider me hyped

>Gareth Evans

ok, this has potential

>By The Raid director

Holy shit. On one hand -- Holy shit. On the other, I'd really rather have him be making The Raid 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=7-Lxu220l9c

This... this feeling? Hope?

For a DCU movie?

VENGEANCE FOR DAGU

THE ONLY NIGGA REAL ENOUGH TO GO INTO A MARTIAL ARTS MOVIE AND KICK PEOPLE'S ASSES WITH TAEKWONDO

Wait, this is the guy that directed the Raid movies?
I thought he'd be a bit more, you know....

shorter.

While Ron Perlman has the perfect voice for Deathstroke I think Stephan Lang would be a better fit overall

The question is if he'll find a way to work Iko Uwais or Yayan Ruhian into it as well.

stephen lang looks older than ben affleck but also looks more youthful. truly magic

He likes facial wounds too much for it to work, unfortunately. If you're in a Gareth Evans film, you're going to get your face fucked up. It's just a fact of life. So you can count on the mask to get knocked off/damaged somewhere along the line in the movie.

>All Gareth has to do is remake the raid and market it as a cape movie.

Dredd?

I don't mind this. Deathsroke should be his own movie and not Batman's first villain in his DCEU Solo movie.

>Waller holding Deathstroke

>raid director
might be cool

He said in the recent run he doesn't accept anything under 7 figures

I am going to do something dumb:
I'm going to have genuine hopes for this.

Waller with a government tab would pay Deathstroke. The problem would be Slade being a fucking Jew until Waller got sick of paying him by the breath.

It's too perfect. There's no way Warner Bros will allow this.

Sweet. I mean, Slade getting a movie is dumb, but at least it'll have a cool fight scene.

>lol no. The studio will hamstring the fuck outta this.

They just need to make it R rated so we can see people bleed and they will

Deadshot had a mask as well.

I hope we declines. He should direct MK.

>>Aquaman
>>Shazam
>>Gotham Sirens
>>Deathstroke
mfw all the lesser known heroes and villains will have better movies than the justice league

Is it worth watching The Raid 2? I loved the first film but heard the plot in the sequel not being great.

youtube.com/watch?v=7KJ0N7ik3yI

Declines? He's the one coming to DC!

The Raid 2's plot drags on, but the action totally makes up for it all. It's not like it's absolutely horrible it's just not that good either.

It has my favorite car chase scene in movie history.

Weren't Dredd and The Raid being written at the same time?

It was just fine for what was solely an action movie. Deathstroke doesn't need to be any more plot heavy as say John Wick.

I love it. Evans probably spends too much time on what is ultimately a pretty basic plot, but it serves to move the action around. Other than the actual attempt at a story, I'd probably identify two big departures from the previous film.

1) There's more than one location. This is worth it alone. There's a fight that takes place entirely in a single bathroom stall. There's a fight in a restaurant complete with face-to-grill action. There's a fight in a club. There's a car-chase fight scene (!) that is fucking bonkers.

2) Evans completely gives up realism. Instead you get this crazy cast of assassins with gimmicks (a girl who dual wields hammers, the baseball guy, there's a guy who wields a machete but will only use it on the one person he's assigned to kill). The Raid was over the top, but Berandal pokes its nose into "silly" territory once or twice. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe not, but it's great to watch.

You know it's funny, I watched The Raid 2 multiple times and I never even thought about how fucking ridiculous the cast was. Hearing you spell them all puts it all in light. Also says how good the action is that I don't even give a fuck how crazy they go.

What would a deathstroke moving even be about?

You put several connected nukes below Kahndaq.

It's not rocket science folks.

Finally someone who can do fight choreography. Makes me glad Deathstroke wasn't in the Nolan films.

FUCK YES!!
>remember DC movies recently
fuck

Raid 2 had a damn good plot, IMO.

Deathstroke can simply just be one of his contracts that goes awry or trying to protect his daughter from a contract. There's many ways you can go about it. Read a comic.

Nolan can't direct fight scenes for shit but everything else made up for it.

You forgot
>A fucking Booster Gold movie is planned.

Do a ~22 minute prologue movie and put it on YouTube that:
A) Has Joseph get his throat slit, so the divorce happens;
B) Grant growing up loathing Slade but idolizing Deathstroke;
C) Grant getting duped into taking a bootleg serum HIVE attempted to reverse-engineer out of Deathstroke to become Ravager;
D) Deathstroke finally getting permission to visit his wife and children despite the restraining orders placed on him and discovering Grant is following in his footsteps;
E) Grant's immune system failing but the rush of the super serum means he doesn't care about coughing up blood and he accepts a contract to kill the Teen Titans;
F) Slade arriving just in time to see Grant overdose while fighting the Titans, and when Deathstroke cuts loose the Titans have to retreat;
G) Deathstroke contacting HIVE and demanding the contract Grant couldn't completely for revenge;
H) "This one will help you get to the Titans, Deathstroke. Her name is Tara Markov."
>"Just called me Terra, Big Guy."

I agree, I just waiting for a capeshit movie where every aspect of it is done well.

>tfw the movie gets made you constantly hear casuals call Deathstroke DC's Deadpool ripoff

>read the leaked Dredd script
>rip it off and make The Raid
>get acclaim
>get to make Deathstroke movie
It's all so perfect.

no way fag

>joker movie
>harley movie
>deathstroke movie
>no superman movie

Superman had plenty of movies. Let DC do more than just Batman and Superman shit.