JSA Storytime: Zenith

Good evening owls,

end of phase 2

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/duet-on-solo-part-twelve-brendan-mccarthy-dc-comics-anthology-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's good today I haven't read anything at all

Nothing was lol

Batgirl is hilarious though because the artist keeps giving Dick a female hips/waist

Horror Special mostly sucked but had a few moments of good art

Uh, Punisher?

oh sad

My body is really not ready for daylight savings to end in two weeks

Have you ever wanted to see Billy Batson drawn by Chaykin? Well now there's a short story for you!

I admit I just cannot give any fucks about people mad about WW being about Grail, though

Don't we gain an hour though?

Yes but the sun sets an hour earlier and that's hard on me

I am literally making the D: face right the fuck now

Hey OP.

So, I was thinking the other day about the New Mutants movie, and would it be wrong for me to want Dani's leitmotif in it to be basically Flight of the Valkyries but in Native American drum form? This is, of course, a moot point, most movies don't bother with individual character themes anymore.

Nothing this week.

People worried that Wonder Woman was gonna become entirely about Jason have nothing to fear, instead it's just about fucking Grail. Diana literally only shows up on a TV screen.

What a waste of good will coming off the movie and Rebirth, even Fontana's mediocre run was at least a continuation of Rebirth. This has nothing to do with it.

The ideas were just kind of lame. Evely is really good though.

Yeah, none of the stories really had much bite to it. A real wasted opportunity.

christ, what an asshole

Tim Drake is dropping Nastygrams again. Detective may not be great, but it has fun moments.

I think they were intentionally very stereotypical horror plots? But it didn't really make them more interesting to read. The WW was my fave just for the art.

Oh, and thanks to whoever linked that "christian manga" image, I needed to use it today for that Flinch issue

Can't argue with that.

Nothing wrong there.
Just like how I would like Glorious Godfrey's musical cue to be an instrumental version of that song from Eddie and the Cruisers.

What? You mean you don't want to read about your favorite edgyfu and recommend this ongoing to casuals looking to get into WW?
The worst thing that could come out of this run is Robinson becomes a permanent writer. DC needs to put their best (lol) talent on this book but they're thick in the head and following up instead on Johns' retarded plotline that he's too busy to bother with.
What's Evely doing now?

I'm not clicking on this

Do you mean the WHOOPS! CAN'T SHOW THAT IN A CHRISTIAN MANGA! image?

Have you never joined in on the Serenity storytimes user?

>thanks to whoever linked that "christian manga" image

Man, how is Serenity still a meme all these years later.

"Rule the world? Who wants to do ALL OF THAT WORK?"

There will be some Image thing from her and Rucka IIRC, down the line.

I have never been in a Serenity storytime.
But thanks for the crop

I feel like I haven't read anything new in weeks. Burnt out on new releases I guess.

You should join in on the next one, they're twice yearly.

It's sincere, dated and unintentionally funny.

>goes from being wasted on Cucka's capeshit to Cucka's creator owned trash
Hurray because her paycheck will likely be bigger, I guess?

With the movie they seem to be capitalizing in other ways. Had that YA book come out this week I think.

Hal n Pals constantly comes so close to giving me what I want, but it's never totally on the mark

Maybe that was the plan all along, make people so sick of Grail they beg for Jason instead!

Those minor gods Robinson introduced and then killed were all pretty interesting, I'd read an arc about the Egyptian wizard in a Hawaiian shirt

that's top-level trolling

When you can read it as a whole I don't think Rucka's most recent WW run was that bad, but it wasn't fast and there was quite a bit of continuity bitching. And I like the Old Guard and overall a good part of his bibliography, so I can't really agree with you senpai.

It's probably a pretty good pitch to be the creative team off WW on an independent thing together, but Evely is almost certainly in-demand enough she's not doing it for $$$ alone.

I had it on my desktop in case I need it, which I do surprisingly often.

My theory is still that this is just what Robinson is doing until after Doomsday Clock and the next wave of titles including JSA.

I feel like if he actually cared about doing this book and wasn't just scripting Johns' Grail plots he would be reaching back to the Robert Kanigher stuff, now is the perfect time to add more to the Wondie mythos yet they chose to just put more Zeus shit in it.

>leaving someone to starve to death
>trolling

I think she's only on one issue of that Lazarus spin-off, unless I missed another book's announcement

Poor, poor, Unboundules.

just a prank bro

Zenith rolls hard

Well, DC can put her on whatever the hell they like then. I'll probably read it.

I'll stand by Rucka's run to the end, at least Year One/Godwatch. People really over exaggerate how much it "shits on" Azz's run.

oh god it's America day

how bad is this one and is there any /d/?

Did he even change anything besides the Amazons? People just freaked out for no reason.

>now is the perfect time to add more to the Wondie mythos yet they chose to just put more Zeus shit in it.
Wondie is going to be stuck with Greek shit because synergy, LMAOing at people who thought Rucka's run would change the direction in any meaningful way. You just can't exert any meaningful influence when it comes to this character.

Finding out I can use that Nam comic to make Sup Forums commie again was fun

I just thought what I read of it was boring and something about Nicola's art didn't click for me even though I normally love her beefcake

I think it was the eyes and my too-awareness of her sameface

Nope, he didn't directly touch any of the run. If anything the only thing he actually shat on was Finch's run because the Amazons were only in the background of most of Azz's.

Basically all he did was say "All that stuff happened but it's not going to affect anything going forward and we're putting Themyscira back the way it was"

Phase III? It's the big multiversal crossover. It's got some lloigor /d/ and a transsexual joke character Grant would get a solid few days of twitter outrage for now.

She looked sloppy to me, and it's not even the scheduling to blame since it was still one issue a month. Like her art is usually cleaner in a way? I don't know.

Man I really thought I would be able to find some good Zenith cosplay photos but... nope.

She means how bad was America Chavez today

Oh shit my bad. I stopped paying attention to that around the 4 issues mark.

So yeah do we *want* to read Phase 3? Because I'm off tomorrow

Yeah, that too. Less distinctive than usual.

OP was talking about America, user.

America, Marvel's book about how great cultural appropriation is when your brown, and interdimensional bondage lesbians.

So there's Marilyn Monroe and what, Dick Nixon by the nose? A bit too fat, though.

Or am I totally missing all the obvious brit references which is likely

Up to you senpai. Stop anytime if you're not feeling it.

hey this is inherently /d/

I have no idea what else we're reading next and we're, lesse, on tomorrow, off Friday, on Saturday, off until Tuesday/Wednesday

Personally I still think it was great but I can see what OP means about the eyes and of course the faces. Also the spreads looked way better than the story pages. Love the colors.

The Cosplay Audience and the Early Catalogue 2000AD Audience are, I think, not a large overlap on the fandom Venn diagram.

>know the satisfaction of infinite diversity

something about the way she draws eyelashes bugs me. not like "McKelvie sameface holy shit goddammit" but still.

"orrery" is a great word

Mozza's enough of a nerd to know IDIC, right?

>hey this is inherently /d/

Also tumblr apparently. Chimera can piss off with zher gender fluid transspeciesism! Otherkin have no place on this good, Christian board!

Link to America thread?

I am honestly pretty live and let live with people's identity shenanigans but otherkin are good only for mockery

Probably. He's no Peter David, though.

he's probably capable of paying his taxes, lol

Oh shit, Slaanesh.

Yeah don't get me wrong, it wasn't awful or anything. But if I am mostly reading just to see her art (and I was) then it was kind of a letdown.

it was too easy to pass up

also a few weeks ago I was re-reading some X-Factor and those "in place of an actual recap here's PAD's blog" grated fucking hard after a while

>again the worst book gets more attention than better books

This was one of the better issues desu.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

lay it on a little thicker, Grant

>tfw my storytime yesterday couldn't break 19 posters
More, better Button Man planned tomorrow

I don't hate Yeowell's art by any means but there are some artists who might have been fun to really trip out on the fashion here.

19 posters is high for a storytime of a random old British comic m8.

I just want to say that I am eternally grateful and kind of awed that somehow you guys decided to show up regularly when this all started because I was incredibly drunk

Yeah, I kinda just checked out on X-Factor around the time Darwin was added to the cast, and more or less dropped comics shortly thereafter because of late 00s event fatigue.

Some time we gotta read some of the Stroman issues just because my eeeeeeyes

That was your USP.

Brendan McCarthy was supposed to be the artist, but he felt Morrison's idea was a little too close to what he and Milligan did with Paradox.

> Zenith was essentially based on my own superhero, Paradax, from a few years earlier – all that media-brat, superstar stuff. It felt a bit weird designing something so derivative of my own work

comicsalliance.com/duet-on-solo-part-twelve-brendan-mccarthy-dc-comics-anthology-review/

????

Half of us are drunk by this time anyway

It gets thrown around a lot around here, but these thread are genuinely comfy.

And there's actual discussion too! When does that happen in storytimes? Like never!

BTW Texas, thanks again for running Justice Riders last night, I ended up reading it anyway, even though I found the thread after you'd finished and I didn't really feel like rereading it.

yeah, but I used to storytime tanked enough I had to redo every captcha repeatedly

>that link
holy shit

I think a turning point was the night that we for whatever reason started talking about owls

and that's why you all are owls, of course

So how far in do we have to get before Morrisson exposes the lloigor to be us, the readers?

Let's just say I'm not touching McCarthy's politics with a fifty-foot pole

Well before my time, that.

I came in on the tail end of Legion, having been seduced back to Sup Forums by TV shows.

it's kind of inevitable, isn't it

Sometimes I also can't believe how long we've been doing this but it's really fucking cool to me that people discover this as a nice place to hang out.

Dude I’m getting like 3 people for my Avengers Storytimes. S’the game

So, going back to my earlier thoughts on the New Mutants movie- Cannonball's theme needs banjo, right?