There are so many cases in comics of white characters getting replaced with black ones...

There are so many cases in comics of white characters getting replaced with black ones. Are there cases of black/brown characters getting replaced by white ones?

Firestorm?

lool why do you feel some kind of injustice you fuck

Firestorm was a white character getting replaced with a black one. The OG firestorm was white.

>Injustice
No, I am just being curious.

Spawn.

>replaced
Doesn't DC normally let the new and old ones co-exist?

Wasn't venom's host originally going to be a down on his luck black guy that Spidey had busted, before they decided to make it Eddie Brock?

New Superman is an exception. Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Wally, Martian Manhunter, ect pretty much all got replaced.

I figure it’s got something to do with cold feet. Why creat a new character and build them up, including them as part of the team to see if the dynamic works and if the audience approves when you can have an established character be a different race or gender? Why not change their sexual orientation as well? It’s not like it’s a super hack lazy way to write a story, right?

Wally still exists.

>Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Wally, Martian Manhunter, ect pretty much all got replaced.
Only Blue Beetle got replaced. Every other hero has teamed up with their replacement and vice-versa

Old Wally hasn't been replaced, but he is suffering
>Blue Beetle
He's a 3rd gen legacy at this point

I dont think there are. diversity quotas never work the opposite way and just about every black superhero has started out as a diversity quota.

The current blue beetle series is a giant team up between Ted and Jaime

That was retconned and DC rarely fully replaces their heroes, they often exist side by side, the blue Beetles (not including Dan), the Wally's, the Supermen, the Atoms etc

superman with a hyphen

Old Wally was replaced for years before Johns decided he wanted him back.

get a list of original black DC heroes and go from there you moron.

>Martian Manhunter

What

Too many white characters and doesn't reflect demographics.

USA is the least whitest white country.

no it was going to be a women

>Too many
Eat shit

>Martian Manhunter
Holy shit I'm still assblasted about that. Fuckers got rid of one of the most important and passionate founders of Justice League. Even if he was a jobber at least his character was great.

>Martian Manhunter
M'gann didn't replace J'onn. She didn't even take his title of Manhunter. What are you on about?

It was just over two year and he barely even mattered, he's more present in Rebirth than he ever was in the new52

Ted died before Jaime was on the radar, didn't he? Not to mention he was a replacement himself.
Wally coexists with Wally now.
Martian Manhunter's an alien shapeshifter still ain't he?

I think user is talking about Cyborg.

That was REALLY short in comic time, so it hardly matters, especially since original Wally is back.

Spotted the faggot.

Why are you shocked? Don’t tell me you didn’t notice DC replace him with Cyborg. Where the fuck even is J’onn?

Got replaced by Cyborg on the JL

>uses a picture of bart allen when you mean wally west
every fucking time

But Cyborg didn't replace him as Martian Manhunter
>Where the fuck even is J’onn?
Recovering from his DCYou title.

That's not what OP is talking about.

MM is far from the only person who's ever been retconned out of the JLA origin, anyway.

They are barely black heroes.

The only one that I can think up is the black panther.

Why are you even here if you're that casual?

black characters replacing white characters suck because they need to be their own characters.

NuWally should have just been a new character will reference to wally but a new character in name as well as in personality. Now because DC was pressured to recon OldWally back in he's facing becoming an obsolete character with the OG is back

No, I mean white replacement part. Didn't black panther got replace by a mix white guy?

To prove they aren't racist Marvel should make Steve Rogers the new Black Panther.

>replaced
He was a villain

>Steve Rogers the new Black Panther.
That's retarded. But not nearly as retarded as him not reverting back to Nomad after Secret Empire so fuck it.

As far as films go they seem to be doing that
>Pietro
>Wanda
>The entire cast of New Mutants

I'd say it's done half and half and it's done for various reasons, good and bad

Actually according to David Michelinie the first plan was the suit would just mind control dominate the host and original talks were it could even animate the dead so crazy shit ideas like Norman and Gwen being piloted by the suit were thrown around, however bing in a Jim Shooter era they feared the taboo's that would come from "resurrecting" 20+ year old dead characters so they went with the "failed Peter Parker" angle (failed at newspaper work, failed marriage, poor father figure etc) and built that up while the Sin Eater arc was happening. There have been running rumors since the 90s Eddie was to be black but they were never confirmed and most think it was just born out of that Todd McFarlane controversy where he bitch every time he wanted to make a hero or villain that was a poc he get shit about how he couldn't do that because it be to controversial to have such a flawed hero/villian be black as well.

Retards

>Firestorm
Ronnie even was Firestorm WITH the black one
>Blue Beetle
Ted was already dead, and he was already a legacy character anyway
>Wally
nope, they coexist, black Wally only turned into Kid Flash once OG Wally was back and The Flash
>Martian Manhunter
What

DC is KNOWN for good legacy characters, stop baiting

>nope, they coexist, black Wally only turned into Kid Flash once OG Wally was back and The Flash

They were backpedaling on that.

>What

Justice league.

Chinese Justice league?

They did once. If you read comics you'd know that.

Again. Cyborg didn't replace J'onn as "Martian Manhunter" And J'onn through retarded retcons is still a founding member anyways.

Frank Castle War Machine?

Any time a minority appears outside of their own book (or at all) it's a replacement, apparently. This is just like when McDuffie wrote Justice League.

>nope, they coexist, black Wally only turned into Kid Flash once OG Wally was back and The Flash

Correction, as a Flash. Not THE Flash. That's Barry.

>the state of barryfags

Wally's dead.

hmmm Barry's more popular than ever, in a book that's selling like gangbusters AND is way better than Wally's garbage book.

It's a pretty good state to be in, bro. Maybe you should jump on the bandwagon before movie Barry erases Wally's relevance off the map.

>DC is KNOWN for good legacy characters, stop baiting

Jason todd, Harper row, Wonder-girl (all), Kyle rayner (when hal jordan was a bad guy), Damian wayne (he was forced as fuck)

Blade in Spider-man:TAS was white, which was actually really weird.

is this bait?

>hmmm Barry's more popular than ever

Bro, who would have fucking knew the goddamn character introduced in the 40s would be popular today? Lol.

is this a joke?

>Not reading the best book DC's putting out right now

>tfw the average poster can't differentiate sarcasm from bait anymore

I know this was before the movies and the election so you probably weren't here so let me explain what happened.
Dwayne McDuffie was a writer working for DC. He got assigned to Justice League, and he changed the line up of the team to use John Stewart Green Lantern and Vixen.
Immediately, people here accused him of promoting an agenda and replacing the Justice League by shoving in a bunch of black characters.
McDuffie very calmy explained that this was never his intent, but rather that editorial wouldn't let him use the characters he wanted so he needed some space fillers and pulled the characters that weren't being used for anything else.
DC, not wanting their editors to look bad, fired McDuffie.
Then he died.
Sup Forums killed one of the better writers the medium has seen because they were so butthurt about the threat of the justice league being 3/7ths black.

>Barry
>40's
C'mon Tom, atleast try

>Vixen

Fuck you Sup Forums!! I've been waiting for her return for years

>Being this defensive
>The absolute state of Barryfags

>Jason Todd
He's great when well written, Rebirth RHaTO is an example, Morrison's Todd is really great too, wasn't a bad Robin, Red Hood is not a legacy name
>Harper Row
Totally forgotten now, also not a legacy character
>WonderGirl
Don't you dare talk shit on pre-N52 Cass
>Kyle Rayner
Now you're just shitposting
>Damian Wayne
That comes down to preference, i like him, he's a little shit but awesome when written well

Most of what you posted comes down to whether the writers can do a good job with the character and most of the time they can, Harper is shit but even then she's not really a legacy character

>Mad SJW

Someone hasn't read Ultimates 3

it's as bad as it sounds

The second dr. midnight was black and she was replaced with a white guy.

>THE Flash
This is some nice bait there.

>Who cares if it's shit it's popular and that is all that matters
This sounds like sonyfags defending the PS4.
Barryfags are the sonyggers of DC.

>Someone hasn't read
Where do you think you are?

I do like the New Super-Man but what does it have anything to do with J'onn?

Why are wallyfans always whining?

>There are so many cases in comics of white characters getting replaced with black ones.
Are there?

>Red Hood is not a legacy name

Joker disagree with you.

If Black Panther was white he'd be the perfect Sup Forums capeshit
>firm believer in isolationism
>blames African Americans in part of their own shortcomings
>generally conservative views in general

Although I'm assuming no one from Sup Forums who KANGZ posts in BP threads has ever read a BP comic

Jesus christ why are my fellow Flash fans so horrible. Why can't you just like what you like?

The original Captain Marvel was replaced by a black woman who was replaced by a white man who was replaced by a white woman who was replaced by a white man who was replaced by a white man who was replaced by a white woman. So I guess there you go.

>Get called out for being a faggot
>Y-You are whining!
Why are you on Sup Forums if you clearly don't read comics?

Has there ever been a superhero who's legacy been cucked as hard as Mar-vell's?

I have, I like the priest run.

>Barryfag is so desperate he considers people reacting to his own insecurity as someone else whining.
CW fags are cancer and need to leave. Just a few minutes ago in another thread CW faggots were talking about how the Rogues were "boring" and how Barry is the only good thing about The Flash.

Well there is The Flash who was the hero that popularized Legacy characters to begin with but is now forced to use a literal cuck for a character and throw away the entire point of the hero.

Isn't Punisher going to take War Machine's armor?

I do too user

Man. I miss his work.

At this I am convinced that Barryfags don't actually exist (I mean after all, they didn't exist before the shit show came out so why would they now?) and they just want an excuse to shitpost that DC made a bad decision.

All this hate and I'm not even the guy you fuckboys were even replying too. The first guy said Barry is the definitive version of the Flash and you guys got into a bitch fit.
>Bringing up CW out of nowhere
CW Barry is shit.

At least Jay appears from time to time and whenever he gets screentime, he is a badass.
Mar-vell got fucked away into obscurity and the only appears once in a blue moon in Carol's wet dreams.

McDuffie was such a badass, “If you do a black character or a female character or an Asian character, then they aren't just that character. They represent that race or that sex, and they can't be interesting because everything they do has to represent an entire block of people. You know, Superman isn't all white people and neither is Lex Luthor. We knew we had to present a range of characters within each ethnic group, which means that we couldn't do just one book. We had to do a series of books and we had to present a view of the world that's wider than the world we've seen before.”

So is all forms of Barry past the year 87. It's clear you are just insecure that someone called a faggot out for being a faggot.

Just wait for the Flash War where Wally turns into a villain. The Wallyfags will go on suicide watch.

If Black Panther was white he'd be Aquaman.

I just want anyone other than Barry to be The Flash. I love how anyone who calls Barry shit triggers you CW fags and therefore I must want Wally to be The Flash.
Barryfags are like the retards on tumblr defending Whore and if you don't like her you must be an OG Thorefag.

she's in JLA

>N-No everyone else is insecure but me that is why I have to constantly bring it up!
Barry is so shit I would take his nigger side kick ahead of him. How does it feel knowing a nigger is better than Barry?

>CW fags
I love how you faggots assume anyone disagreeing with you watches that shit tv show.

You have to because there is no way anyone would defend Nuflash. Sup Forums all agreed that Barry was shit until the TV show came on and then suddenly we got flooded by CW fags defending Barry the shit.

Does Baxter Stockman count?