Transformers general

Old thread has just died I've just read First Strike's last issue
The whole issue is a bit boring and the conclussion is lame, I mean, all that problems and everything is resolve with regrets. The whole crossover is just a excuse to present a new franchise, but it's justified with the last page

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Long-running continuities are a mistake.

I just wish that the new franchise don't mess too much with Transformers

The fuck did I miss? Unicron getting a booty call? Is Pharma a herald of unicron?

Unicron got a booty call from Vector Sigma which went into panic mode and contacted Unicron because Primus is unavailable at the moment.

So what's this commies endgame?

Universal peace.

>unicron coming
Is rodimus gonna find the knights and lead them against unicron?

>God is not available
>Fuck it get me anybody!
>...I may have made a mistake

Posting the only panels that matter. The rest of First Strike ended with 0 deaths and the most obvious conclusion. This is essentially the teaser for Unicron.

This seems weird to me since he is essentially sitting in a chair made out of food.

Honestly wondering if I should even spoiler it but there he is. Didn't bother buying it because I knew it was going to suck towards the end but it's on readcomic if anyone is curious.

Vector Sigma is a ditz.

So Cybertron basically went "Fuck it, Just kill me now."?

I thought First Strike was mostly better than Revolution, but then that last issue came out and felt like someone handed me shit on a plate. No Hasbro, I will not buy your fucking crossovers, get all this irrelevant shit out of my Transformers. People are going to get excited about Unicron, but he's going to be wasted in an event story with MASK and the Visionaries and GI Joe so why should I bother to get excited? What a dumpster fire.

Apparently. It either wants to die or went to the closest thing to Primus for help. It got magic'd which is the antithesis of technology and the greatest weakness of Transformers so I'm guessing it's the latter and an S.O.S. It would be really strange if Vector Sigma just said, "Evening Unicron, please kill me for no reason.

IT would not surprise me if with all the bullshit that went on Vector Sigma became suicidal.

>I thought First Strike was mostly better than Revolution, but then that last issue came out and felt like someone handed me shit on a plate
This. If Unicron takedown turns into a crossover event with any non-TF properties I'm not buying it. I'm okay with this shared universe but keep them standing alone. I don't want to see Joe's fighting alongside Transformers and wasting panel time of the characters who's arch nemesis is theirs in the first place.

Just in time for the movie tie-in!

>If Unicron takedown turns into a crossover event with any non-TF properties
That was already confirmed.

So as long as it doesn't devolve into Nietzche wank like every other anime, I will be fine with this. If the Transformers have to kill their "God" because it's pnaicking I will be pissed.

At least I'm pretty sure Vector Sigma is psuedo-Primus in this continuity? Right?

What faction was that space fleet? Black Block Consortia or Galactic Council? And will it have any ramifications?

I've just realized that the ball in the first panel is cybertron and not Metroplex's brain. Was not cybertron as totally dead except for Iacon?

>but he's going to be wasted in an event story with MASK and the Visionaries and GI Joe
he might kill them at least. like storm shadow, helix, spike, the entire mask team, spike, anode, spike

what other IDW Decepticon heavy-hitters and/or splinter faction leader should be used as the next "major" antagonist?
Thunderwing
Starsaber
Scorponok
Sixshot
Bludgeon
Monstructor
Banzai-Tron and his Decepticon Secret Service
Deathsaurus
Lockdown
Gigatron
Hopefully when Scorponok uses the Magnificence, it finally gets its quintessons connection like Furman originally planned.

who ever is Head Editor in Chief since Revolution has been doing one shitty job. Like cybertronians having different alt-mode and robot mode designs between 3 books.

Hello friends, if you go to a con (e.g. TFcon) and if you wanted to ask a guest to sign something (not the guys at the big tables with their own signing time, but like the guys in the side with their own tables with their art, do you have to give them dollars or are you supposed to smile and go home

Hoping I can meet some artists next year but not sure what the custom is

Bludgeon was nearly dead at the end of the comic with the dinobots and now is under the power of Starscream, so I think that won't be him.

Deathsaurus and Banzai-tron.

Honestly we need Barber back on editing. Every book was good under his reign.

It might have been Cybertronian ships for all we know.
I'm wondering if this is one of the reasons Onyx returns,
>What the fuck did you guys do to Cybertron? It's literally screaming.
>probably decides it's a good idea to exterminate the Cybertronian race as opposed to letting their planet/divine super computer die

I would just ask politely. "Could you sign this for me?"

If they say yes, you're good.

If they ask for money, pay if you want the signature.

If they say no, then thank them for their time and move on.

He's going to end up escaping. I doubt they're gonna just let him die there, especially since they obviously are going to try to use him for some SCIENCE shit only he knows how to do currently, and then he'll end up busting out etc.

Onyx was shown to possess the Talisman way back in Alpha Trion's story of the Primes, and his guys brought it to earth, so he'll definitely be wrapped up in this stupid visionaries shit.

He wants to create a place that soldiers without a nation can call home. A place in Outer space. A kind of Heaven, you might say.

>tfw Onyx is the Prime of magic, souls, and animals
>tfw the visionaries have animal crests and use magic
WEWWWW.

Guess killing their sales across the board with the SJW garbage finally forced them to break the glass and finally do Unicron.

Can't wait to see fat dyke Salvo, Scarlet (now with wounds where her breasts were before she sliced them off with Snake Eyes sword after cucking him with Quick Kick), and nigger Trakker and the diversity gang kill Unicron by calling him racist, sexist, homophobic, and transphobic.....

Given how Roberts and company has raped the Transformers franchise, wouldn't you want Unicron to eat you and put you out of your misery?

well wasn't the Micronauts' microverse made by a Prime? Basically all the other franchises, so far, have had cybertronians retcon deep into their lore now.

>Making people pay for signing something

Christ I'm old to think this is a stingy move.

Yeah Micronus made the Micronaughts universe although that was so perfect that nobody complained. He seems to be a really nice prime. I'm still kind of ticked off neither Transformers or Micronaughts ever addresses why Micronus left his colony behind and titan for dead.

rom didn't I don't think besides meeting with cybertronians in the past unless his armor is one of the ores that we never found out about

>not liking thicc musclechub waifu
>liking scarlett/snake eyes
>tracker and mask are shit irregardless of race

still waiting for scans

If the rumors of the GI Joe debacle causing Hasbro to tell IDW they are pulling the license once it expires next year after IDW refused to fire Sitterson, I can see them finally doing Unicron so they can end everything with the last untouched storyline they have not yet done.

Why is the GI Joe franchise constantly self sabotaging?

I don't even think it's that.
I think it's just how terribly and inorganic the shared universe came about and persists with the exception of TF vs. ROM. Optimus Prime is a decent book with no real issues at the moment aside from a slow pace, Till all are one was great, and ROM vs. Transformers is god tier. Lost Light is the only oddball and half of it is thanks to Roberts self indulgence and forced attempts to seem hip and woke. The other comics are irrelevant in my opinion with the exception of Rom.

>If the rumors of the GI Joe debacle causing Hasbro to tell IDW they are pulling the license once it expires next year after IDW refused to fire Sitterson
they aren;t

my optimism hopes for Primus to appear as well but my ever growing cynicism tells me otherwise

muh god hama

Most people will sign your stuff for free, they only charge if you want one of their prints (and then they'll sign that for you for free after you buy it of course). Its considered good manners to buy at least one thing, even if its small, instead of just running up, getting a signature and then leaving. I mean lots of people do that, but it's considered rude. So do whatever you want, just know that ahead of time.

>Its considered good manners to buy at least one thing, even if its small, instead of just running up, getting a signature and then leaving
Shit man, prints are expensive, why do they have to bring the big ones to the table, I'm on a student budget here

But at the same time their art and writing is so good (3 guesses on whom I'm excited for)

If you're super nice and tell them how much you appreciate their work and maybe drop into the conversation somewhere that youre a student then Im sure they'll catch the drift and understand.

Fuck man, that's still a lot of pressure and I feel bad

How much are prints usually, especially if their name rhymes with Rick Noche?

>inb4 he's not even coming back next year
Roberts probably left after meeting the SJW wackos in my shitty citty, I wouldn't blame anyone else for bailing either

There's a theory going around that the Knights are gonna be quintessons. Five tribes for five faces. Passes judgement. That kinda thing.

Soundwave's love for Elephants is adorable.

Well Vector Sigma is possibly the physical avatar of Primus, but cut off from it's own godhood. If magic is such a huge threat and it can't take care of it itself and can't rely on the bots living on itself and the colonies to deal with this new crisis, then why NOT call the robot devil? It's gonna be just as much of a problem for him and you can try and deal with him after.

Well Vector Prime was/is a multiversal singularity and reinforced the walls between dimensions/universes before they came crashing down. Maybe Micronus needed to do the same thing on a more locam scale to keep the universe from collapsing on itself.

elephants have tight family bonds, its no wonder he loves them

Your average prints are usually $10-15, they usually have small postcard sized prints for around $5-7 too. Hope that's somewhat in the affordable range?

Also I feel like I should explain something as someone who has worked many cons: lower level artists and guests are not actually paid to come to a con usually. Their hotel and airfare is paid for and occasionally food is provided but its shitty catered stuff or they'll send someone out for McDonalds (no I'm not kidding). So the artists dont actually make money just by attending, they have to either sell prints or commissions. Sometimes they'll go to a con and if they drink at the hotel bar or if they go out to see the sights, or buy anything at all, they'll actually lose money by going to a con unless they sell enough of their stuff to cover it. This doesn't even take into account if they had to take off work and lose pay for those days so they can attend the con.

Salvo is awful but you're obviously pretty fucking triggered about this shit.

This, also it's probably the sci-fi angle, Rom's appearance making him pass for a small bot (it's a bit of a gag in his comic that humans mistake him and other Space Knights for Cybertronians), and Gage being a pretty good writer, but Rom is the only franchise that goes well with Transformers.

Rom is pretty much the only one of the other franchises I don't mind occasionally crossing over with Transformers, especially since the Cybertronian Wraiths are pretty fucking cool.

And it's not like they would cross over often too since Rom likes keeping to himself.

Occasionally an author/artist may still charge. Mark Waid stopped by Indy comic con same year the Princess Leia comic dropped. The Indy con is by no means SDCC or NYCC but he'd still charge you like $5 for a signature even if you brought your own issue. Now Marvel does pay their people for shit, but I kinda felt he was doing it just cause he knew he could get away with it.

Yeah I mean there are exceptions of course. Some cons allow the artists to charge for signatures if they want, others don't and it's stipulated upfront that they can't. Any of the larger comicons usually let the artists decide if they want to charge or not.

They also hear frequencies humans don't and use a variety of vocalizations to communicate. they are sound dependant creatures.

And yeah they are noble and pure creatures, I can see Soundwave going as far as to even making a safe place for them from poachers.

Oh man, I vaguely recall $20-30 large poster-sized prints but hopefully what you're describing will be available. Better start saving up for collectible illustrations and memorabilia

N-no yeah, I sorta knew it was them coming "for the fans", but your expert inside-info makes it depressing. Maybe Ii can bring him some snacks, maybe a can of beer or two? A shot of scotch??

$5 isn't tremendous, unless you mean $5 USD in which case it would probably be $20 Canadian for all I know. But better than the $20+ charges for the big-name guests at TFcon

Met Roberts a few years back, got issue 39 signed by him, ran into him in the dealer room and let out a ghastly noise. I got nervous and mentioned Eugenesis and praised his work, I said "your writing is profound" b/c I couldn't remember any other adjectives and I was like FUCK he thinks I'm an idiot

I shoulda asked for a photo, since he never came back to the city, oh well

Also why did Getaway betray Ten, out of all bots

>Oh man, I vaguely recall $20-30 large poster-sized prints
I've never met Roche so I don't know what he charges for his stuff but the $10-15 amount is the average that I've seen. If Roche's stuff is all giant or if the prints are super glossy nice ones yeah they may be more. Sorry man.

Apparently this handsome boy was done by Roche

>wanted to get a specific pen mark on a package of paper
>starts planning commission requests for quality art instead

Anyone have experiences getting art commissioned?

$5 USD is about $6.40 in syrup covered maple leaves.

Then why are Hasbro memorabilia ~$10 more expensiver in Burger Land than Maple World

>$5 increase for PotP figures
>deluxes will now be $30 Canadian

sounds like a step up from the last group of humans who faced unicron

China. Literally. You see it's the supply and demand. Hasbro figured China was a huge untapped market and sent the majority of their supply of everything to them. They were right about that. But they sent them low quality and China did what it does best. Cheaper knockoffs of legitimate stuff. But they actually make them better than Hasbro. So Hasbro has realized they fucked up but don't want to pay to ship product across international lines twice.

>they actually make them better than Hasbro
>citation needed
People swear up and down that KO MPs are fin, but from reviews and photos, the devil's in the details

Unless I haven't seen enough examples where China blows it out of the water. Considering getting some Kreons from taobao or whatever it's called, they have some figures from the SDCC boxsets that apparently are pretty identical to the original

Is it just China or all of Asia? I know either Singapore or the Philippines (or was it Malaysia?) get stuff early but it's hella expensive. But on the other hand, Lego was cheaper in Korea than it was in Canada, so

Also TRU's going near-bankrupt in the States - Canada has some autonomy but idk how it's going to affect us. Worst-case it's Wally-World where everything is shit and never on sale

Movie deluxes were already 30 maple dollars
70 for a leader.
Generations were still 20 and 55 respectively.
When does PotP hit shelves anywho?

From what I've seen, never handled one myself, MP KOs are ~95% the quality of the original for less than half the price.

Is this Feeney

And that's why they're clogging the shelves, either movieverse figures or those gigantic cartoon Menasor/crash bots

Can't find that legends frog dude, instead we have hollow bricks now

Hascon said December 1st as an estimate, so maybe November-January, who knows honestly

Fair enough, I'll have to look into it further. I know KO MP Prowls were going for like $20-40, so that's pretty enticing. Same for the cassettebots as well, since they're pretty tiny, blemishes won't be too bad

KA is that you?

>Is this Feeney
>KA
I super don't don't know anyone in this community.

>GI Joe debacle causing Hasbro to tell IDW they are pulling the license once it expires next year
IDW can easily re-instate EDC and bring over the OC GI Joes they created.

What's the debacle anyway?

Retard posting negatively about 9/11 on social media and not expecting to catch shit for it.

sitterson is a man?

I'm watching RID 2015 and I am liking the Grimlock in it more than I expected to.

From what I recall he's one of the better parts, haven't watched since season two though.
I remember liking Denny too.

SENTINEL MAGNUS IS GOD! I WANT HIM TO PUT HIS CHIN IN MY ASS!

It said "welcome death".
Cybertron wants to an hero.

Bring in RID Scourge.
Or G1 Roadblock, whose entire thing is being a high-ranking monster who terrifies other Decepticons into submission.

>not liking thicc musclechub waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM
>Sanctuary Station

>not wanting a chair made out of food so whenever you get hungry you don't need to get up and go to the kitchen, you can just nibble on the armrest.

Fucking just move to the UK, track down the lead artist, beg them for a copy, harass them when they dont, then go to jail, you dosy cunt. You ask this every thread.

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE DISLIKE THE EXISTENCE OF THE HASBRO UNIVERSE IN IDW?

The comics from other franchises do not affect the comics of Transformers, you're not required to read them to understand the comics of Transformers, and Revolutionaries is practically a comic of Transformers because of the 4 main characters 3 are characters of Transformers ex-RID, and also have two Transformers (and the writer is Jon Barber). Even the GI Joe characters that appear in Optimus Prime are pretty much the same characters that were part of EDC, just changed the name of the organization and they have GI Joe stickers on some of the military vehicles.

Although I agree that Revolution was not great, Revolution was a good crossover, better than some of the Transformers, besides Optimus Prime and TAAO have a good quality (OP has the same quality as exRID, so the crossovers did not affect anything), in fact all the comics (less Mask) are good to and the only one that may have gotten worse was LL and was the only one unaffected by the crossovers (although I still like the comic).

And about Skywarp being in GI Joe is being good to him, as he has already had more prominence and development than all of his earlier appearances at IDW.

Cus GI joe is fucking boring to me, I wanna shag robots, not some american fanwankers and a terrorist cell with a scalie fetish.

I know a decepticon who would be into that if you know what I mean.

>Gigatron

didn't he die?

Thunderwing was never shown killed off so perhaps rumours of his demise were greatly exagerated.

Deathsaurus and Scorponok are pretty much guaranteed the new heavy hitter big bads now.

Heads up, both Alex Milne and John Barber give autographs for free.

If you can call a person like that a man.

Most(if not all) IDW guys don't charge for autographs. However, mind how many books you ask to get signed at once. It disrupts trying to get commissions done(assuming we're talking artists/colorists) when we gotta stop and sign 50 books at once (This has happened more often than it seems).

>He's initiating the MAGA (Make Another G1 ASAP) protocol!
>I am the Wall between life and death, GLOOOORPH
>Hurry, only TWO SCOOPS for him to fill so he could transform!

Nah, Hasbro has had way worse that they brush off then that, from being accused of being racist as fuck to encouraging slave labor, one edgy writer being bitter that people are triggered by an event that didn't directly effect their lives is a drop in the bucket.