ITT: iconic shows that were never good

ITT: iconic shows that were never good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFcrZDVEmlM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But Flintstones was so satisfying, like a smooth drag from a Winston cigarette!

Kek.

Agreed with OP. I'll add Felix the Cat.

ITT: Shit Opinions

All of Hannah Barberra.

Give me one funny episode of the Shitstones.

Watch the show yourself underaged faggot.

So I'll take that as "none."

I'd agree if it wasn't for yogi and a few others apearing in other, actually good cartoons to good effect
E.G. dexter's lab, billy and mandy ECT
they also gave us the meme factory that is the scooby franchise.

You proved him right

I proved him right by him not giving me a good episode?

But he never said he never watched it

The one with Fred's gambling addiction.
And also the Harvey Birdman one.

You have to be 18+ to post here.

The Harvey one doesn't count

Yeah, Flinstones was one of those placeholder cartoons, for me that I watch until the really good once started.

Honestly? Pretty much every cartoon made before this decade. Fuck status quo.

But especially this absolute fucking garbage which some people see fit to lump together with the rest of CN's "golden age".

W.i.t.c.hanon pls go

The show was good or else they didn't had so many episodes. Most of the humor may not work anymore but that happens with all shows.

I liked wacky racers and catch the prison.

>dexter's lab
when?

TOM AND FUCKING JERRY

correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there were a few hanna barbara cameos in the wacky races episode of dexter.
they even make fun of the cheap repeating backgrounds they loved to use.

I'm glad we stepped it up from bad opinions to outright bait.

Only Dick Dasterly and Tom and Jerry were any goof

I honestly never ever liked Tom and Jerry. Not as a kid, not as an adult. I can appreciate the art in it but I never enjoyed a single episode I watched.

>post-H&B Tom and Jerry
>not utter shit
Pick one.

And remember that Dexter's Lab, PPG, Johnny Bravo, and many of the other early CN originals are technically H-B cartoons, too.

I've been watching Top Cat recently. It's comfy.

Well that show was grotesque I hated it even when I was a kid.

That shit was super boring it's like the looney tunes but without the jokes and dialogues.

I agree with this

Mickey Mouse cartoons. The only thing of value in them was Donald and Goofy.

Based adventure time tho amirite?

Ren & stimpy

That's literally the opposite of what I would say, you dumbass faggot. Stop seeing me behind every post.

You can't judge a 50 year-old cartoon only through modern lens and not be biased. You have to look at it in the context of the era it aired.

Tastes. It was one of the main ones I waited for,

>a 50 year old cartoon is bad because I can't identify with it.
Do you really believe that in 100 years people will like anything that we though is great now?

I unironically agree.
Hell, even the entire Scooby Doo franchise would've been terrible were it not for Zombie Island/Witch's Ghost and the average-below average movie series it spawned, the 2002 live action film, some of the select children's novelizations and Be Cool Scooby Doo.

As for the rest, that stuff was dated already back in the '90s.

Lots of people still enjoy old Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes shorts despite most of them being much older than 50 years.

If you had said Jetsons I.might have agreed with you, but Flintstones was plenty solid.

SiIvaGunner will like to have a word with you.
False, the 50s show was soild when The Twisted Tales of Felix The Cat was the best thing he ever appeared in.
Also false, the Ed Benedict era was legendary, it was not until Iwao Takamoto replaced him when the studio jumped shark.
100% false as Tex Avery will like to have a word with you.

Also Cow & Chicken was the best thing CN ever made.
No Bill & Joe = does not count.
Debunked.
John K's reboot in the 80s saved the company.

TMNT (original), Captain Planet, Transformers (original), most classic 80s shows really. Bad animation, bad writing, bad everything save for the merchandise.

Transformers had it's animation moments but it did not have bad animation until Akom fully took over.

Fun fact: There was a Transformers couch gag in The Simpsons that Akom did as a in joke (before Akom did The Simpsons they did Transformers).

youtube.com/watch?v=HFcrZDVEmlM

But what if my think is different from your think and also different from other thinks?

On the rocks

2002 remake was such a relief

I can't believe why this was so popular
It's so boring
When I was a kid I couldn't understand what was going on because I got so bored

I know you're a troll, but Mystery Incorporated is the ONLY thing keeping that franchise from being utter drivel, INCLUDING the movies too.

Well, it and 13 Ghosts, to be a bit more precise.

I'm not a troll. The sad thing is I know you're not one either. Just a sad tasteless waifu/shipfag.

Did Thundercats' animation HAVE to suck so much?

100% right

>SiIvaGunner will like to have a word with you

the guy who uploads memes to youtube?

I remember my mom hated that cartoon with a passion.
It's now only that I see she was completely right

Bad animation was mandatory for an action cartoon in the 80's unless it was from japan.

The guy in your pic loves the Flintstones and Yogi Bear though, choosing your images better.

South Park was never good or funny.

This

I fucking hated Flinstones and Jetsons and all the other "homely" shows

oh fuck I HATED Captain Planet

Hippy ass faggot.

All those voices though, holy shit they got quite the IMDB list

But you're also retarded for trying to shit on 80's cartoons for bad animation, cartoons weren't getting good budgets back then, even the popular shit that was banking

Tom and Jerry

The Christmas episode, which also included a song.

I'm so glad that in spiclands Thundarr reruns were more popular. Now that was good shit.

Besides Scooby Doo I 100% agree.

This was good, my favorite part as a kid was the fact that the show gave enough clues for my to actually solve the mystery without making it to obvious.

Still doesn't make the animation not shitty, which is the one area cartoons need to excel at.

I never got the appeal of this show, and never understood how it became a icon of adult animation, it's not Family Guy tier, but it's still pretty bad.

Pretty much.

It's weird that the reboots of things like He-Man, Voltron, unnamed horse show, etc are better than the source material. The cores of the shows were interesting, but it's like the creators never bothered to try.

I'd love to see Netflix or whoever reboot shit like Silverhawks or Ulysses 31. There are good shows in there that are buried in a mountain of 80s laziness.

>attempts to provoke aggressive reactions by stating things no reasonable person would believe to be true

Different user here, I'll second that Scooby-Doo belongs in the trash. Everything except the theme song, that is. Man, the '60s were a really good time for theme songs.

There was nothing like it back when it aired for the first time.

I know, but that still doesn't mean it's good.

Not iconic yet