U.S.Avengers #11 Storytime

The penultimate issue!

What are the mysteries behind Glenbrook, a not-Archie world?

Here comes not-Archie!

Here comes not-Betty and not-Veronica!

How meta.

>that chimaera

Unholy Skrulls!

Oh shit nigger's that not-J...

..ughead! EWING THE FUCKING MADMAN STRIKES AGAIN

In the very definitely final issue of U.S.Avengers:
>vs. Glenbrook in a rescue mission we know the intended outcome already!

it's a shame almost everything Ewing does writes up being cancelled

His love for continuity and neglected characters is so awesome, he actually makes use of the multiple characters he gets to play with and even manages to make some lovely OCs (Toni and General Maverick).

Eh, at least he'll continue cowriting Avengers.
That means that everyone in USAvengers won't go back to the storage for now.

>Ewing knows his book is getting folded into the main Avengers book
>decides to use his last issues to do an Archie parody with Skrulls featuring the Space Italian Mafia
How can one man be so based?

>Archie gets gritty reboot
>New Mutants gets gritty reboot
>Ewing does this

>Skrulls
I knew it the moment I saw the cover months ago. Of course Ewing would remember those Skrulls who decided to model their entire society around Earth.

This is hilarious.

why the fuck would you continue this book in Legacy only to cancel it after two issues?
why the fuck is America still going when it has worse sales than this and many other titles?
fucking hell
if Ewing was at DC I guarantee you he would be A-list by now

>why the fuck would you continue this book in Legacy only to cancel it after two issues?
Because it's getting folded in to the weekly Avengers book, co-written by Ewing and co-starring all of this book's cast.

That robot design is awesome.

Will he write another Avengers book again?

NEW MUTANTS BABY

I know none of "knockoff Archie", "wholesome all-American town is actually eeevil", or "an entire town where everyone is forced to follow a script at all times" are new.
But this was great.

>t-top of the world ma
this is fucking awesome

eh, I was 99% sure they would be skrulls, so it would have been a pleasant surprise if that didn't end up being the case
but I don't want to shit on Ewing, because it was another decent issue

I missed an issue or two with the chaos of Hydra Steve, but why is the general red when not hulked?

Really? What is probably the best Marvel book and they're cancelling it at #12?

Because he was in Red Hulk mode for too long.

They're not really cancelling it, they're fusing all Avengers books into one, with Ewing as co-writer. All the characters of USAvengers will be in it too.

Who is he co-writing with?

Fair enough

Mark Waid and Jim Zub.

Damn Cannonball knows how to pick them.

Its a dang Celestial Pattern

Good book that's fun and not mired in Editorial pushing garbage.

Still think they should have done President Loki.

>Jim Zub
Who?

Oh shit it's those 1920s America planet Skrulls from McDuffie's F4 run

The guy who is writing Uncanny Avengers and the shitty recent Thunderbolts that was all about Bucky.

>That thing ring reference

That computer console in the lower left panel is so fucking cool looking. There's something I love about that sloping, curved monitor.

Okay, I literally snorted out loud with laughter at the sight of that second panel.

My sides

Man, that sucks. I bought the first TPB and fully intend to buy the second, just like I got all of his New Avengers run. Even though I read the issues on Sup Forums first, I put my money where my mouth is and support the book, but I guess not enough other people are doing likewise.

Makes me curious what the numbers on this are like compared to other comics they're pushing harder.

>from McDuffie's F4 run
They were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby actually.

So why every liked Marvel series gets cancelled and all disliked ones are forced on everyone?

you know i'd be pissed too if this is what you gotta deal with when you want to live out a fantasy

This whole thing is about his dream crashing and burning

>Kentucky
HE'S A FUCKING OKIE GOD DAMN IT

>Redwood is a shitty authority figure
Just like on Sup Forums!

Bad. Very, very bad. Ewing's books generally don't sell well because all his comics revolve around c-listers and are super continuity heavy. The average capefag hasn't actually read enough comics to appreciate the deep cuts.

NEW MUTANTS
E
W

M
U
T
A
N
T
S

The first runs of Ultimates and New Avengers actually did reasonably okay:

11/15 Ultimates #1 - 61,406
12/15 Ultimates #2 - 37,055 (-39.7%)
01/16 Ultimates #3 - 30,068 (-18.9%)
02/16 Ultimates #4 - 27,177 (- 9.6%)
03/16 Ultimates #5 - 28,627 (+ 5.3%)
04/16 Ultimates #6 - 26,146 (- 8.7%)
05/16 Ultimates #7 - 26,500 (+ 1.4%)
06/16 Ultimates #8 - 30,675 (+15.6%) (CV2)
07/16 Ultimates #9 - 27,588 (-10.1%) (CV2)
08/16 Ultimates #10- 26,848 (- 2.7%) (CV2)
09/16 Ultimates #11- 26,030 (- 3.0%) (CV2)
10/16 Ultimates #12- 23,871 (- 8.3%) (CV2)

10/15 New Avengers #1 - 71,243
10/15 New Avengers #2 - 50,455 (-29.8%)
11/15 New Avengers #3 - 41,630 (-17.5%)
12/15 New Avengers #4 - 36,669 (-11.9%)
01/16 New Avengers #5 - 33,010 (-10.0%)
02/16 New Avengers #6 - 31,188 ( - 5.5%)
02/16 New Avengers #7 - 30,662 ( -1.7%)
03/16 New Avengers #8 - 31,311 ( +2.1%) (Stand Off)
04/16 New Avengers #9 - 30,835 (- 1.5%) (Stand Off)
04/16 New Avengers #10 - 30,102 (- 2.4%) (Stand Off)
05/16 New Avengers #11 - 29,163 (- 3.1%)
06/16 New Avengers #12 - 34,482 (+18.2%) (CV2)
07/16 New Avengers #13 - 32,337 (- 6.2%) (CV2)
07/16 New Avengers #14 - 28,603 (-11.5%) (CV2)
08/16 New Avengers #15 - 27,140 (- 5.1%) (CV2)
09/16 New Avengers #16 - 25,425 (- 6.3%) (CV2)
10/16 New Avengers #17 - 23,939 (- 5.8%) (CV2)
11/16 New Avengers #18 - 22,522 (- 5.9%)

And then they relaunched and this happened:
11/16 Ultimates 2 # 1- 34,646
12/16 Ultimates 2 # 2- 23,844 (-31.2%)
01/17 Ultimates 2 #3- 24,369 (+2.2%)
02/17 Ultimates 2 #4- 21,235 (-12.9%)
03/17 Ultimates 2 #5- 17,975 (-15.4%)
04/17 Ultimates 2 #6- 17,350 ( -3.5%)
05/17 Ultimates 2 #7- 18,490 (+ 6.6%) (SE)
06/17 Ultimates 2 #8- 16,801 (- 9.1%)

01/17 US Avengers #1 - 110,729
01/17 US Avengers #2 - 29,523 (-73.3%)
02/17 US Avengers #3 - 19,476 (-33.4%)
03/17 US Avengers #4 - 17,073
04/17 US Avengers #5 - 17,880 (+ 4.7%)
05/17 US Avengers #6 - 16,491 (- 7.8%) (SE)
06/17 US Avengers #7 - 15,664 (- 5.0%) (SE)

And their leader, if I recall correctly, is a "horribly deformed" Skrull whose un-shapeshifted face looks like a handsome human man.

You're misremembering things. Dezan wasn't the leader of the Gangster Skrulls, he was an exiled Skrull Prince that made an alliance with the Gangster Skrulls in order to stop a Skrull that was going to use a machine to rob all Skrulls of their shapeshifting powers.
Not only was he "horribly deformed" in the eyes of the Skrulls, he was also a criminal traitor of the worst kind because he was a pacifist.

At this point it would make more sense for Marvel to remove issue numbers from their books or just put "#1" on all of them every month

>There are people who defend this

Ahh, thank you, user. I was indeed remembering incorrectly.

MOMMIE COME LOOK I DID THE MEME AGAIN

and now you know the marvel tactic. well done user

I love that the Skrull "A Piece of the Action" planet is still a thing.

So i've been asking around in the Win-o but there's some dumb ass argument going on there. so i thought i'd ask at an Ewing thread. could someone post trade rips of all of Ewing's marvel stuff since Marvel NOW (Loki agent of asgard/mighty avengers/new avengers/usavengers/ultimates^2 and anything else) (i happen to have the trades for ultimates, so yay i guess) please?

That's a damn shame. I don't know anything about comics and this still seems like a fun story.

>He's going to be with us until he dies

HA! Jokes on you, Space Archie! Sam's an External and will never die!

>The suspension of disbelief is ruined

No one tell him that Marvel's Archie analog has magic cat powers and was married to Satan Jr.

>Archangel wings
>Doesn't recognize the New Mutants

Well, these guys are bad at intel.

RIP, Gangster Robot Space Pirate.

Man, sure does suck that they booted Hulkling off the team, when he is the rightful Emperor of the Skrulls.

Let me give you summary on popular comics
>Did you like that character/thing/story?
>Well fuck you it's totally different now

It is, and Ewing is a great writer. Probably Marvel's best. Unfortunately, the average capefag will go into a LCS, see that there's nobody they recognize on the cover, and proceed to ignore the comic. They'd rather buy a mediocre comic with Batman or Spider-man than a good comic with "Literally who?"

>External
Is he though? I thought that was retconned and forgotten, just like the entire concept of Externals has been forgotten and left in the trashbin of bad 90s X-Men ideas.

Externals are actually the storyline in Cable right now.

>Externals are actually the storyline in Cable right now.
Well, that book seems to be "bad 90s X-Men ideas" incarnate, even the art reeks of bad 90s X-Men.

>you will never create your own Riverdale to be Archie in
The one thing I didn't expect when entering this thread was feels.

>Externals has been forgotten
Boy do I have some bad news for you.

>kral
I hope that Torgo shows up, even if it's just a picture of him on a screen or something.

>Kral X
Just how many planets of crazy skrulls pretending to be human are there?

His name was Jimmy, Jimmy Robot-Face.

> Well, that book seems to be "best 90s X-Men ideas" incarnate, even the art shines with greatest 90s X-Men mojo
fixed

Sheesh when did Izzy become such a cunt about Earth? Before Secret War, she was prepared to share Earth’s fate when Gladiator wanted to destroy it but now she’s just like them in looking down on it

Because pre-Secret Wars, she was living on Earth and commuting to work. Afterwards, she moved to Chandilar fulltime and has lived there for over a year now. Really makes you realise how big of a fucking shithole Earth is when you've lived outside of it for a while.

Ed Brisson and the Cable series says Hello

Why is it that X-Skrulls tend to take Cyclops, Colossus and Nightcrawler's powers?

Can't they be more creative? There are so many other X-men

No? He's always been from Kentucky

Honestly, bad as Earth can be, they’ve got nothing on some of those empires. Hell the Shi’ar seem to alternate between great allies to have an total cunts depending on what day of the week it is.

And all of those other x-men suck, even the skrulls know that.

>implying Colossus doesn't suck

Oh boy, can't wait for dull meta humor and quirkiness and boring plots but it then Sharon Friedlander shows up as an end of issue cliffhanger and Sup Forums cums all over itself about "BASED EWING ONLY HE REMEMBERS OBSCURE PLACES AND CHARACTERS" or something.