Do you still have hope for this shoe?

Do you still have hope for this shoe?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/227563486
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. Tumblr the animated series just has too much filler.

I think most people (If they care about the show) are tired of the waiting in between the bombs and hiatuses and just want to see an ending so they can never stop praising or complaining about it.

Those aren't shoes, they're flip-flops.

I'll still watch it but it'll mainly be because there'll probably not be anything else worth watching when the next batch comes out. I hope it gets better, but then again I've been hoping it would since the middle of season 2.

That shoe is retarded

Only if it fits.

How dare you! That is highly offensive towards footwear.

Next you tell me sandals don't have soles.

And a cast full of boring, obnoxious, unlikeable characters

Steven is so retarted, the Crystal Gems bouth flip-flops for him just not to teach him how to tie his shoes.

>socks and sandals

164 animators around the globe collaborate to redraw the episode of Steven Universe "The Answer" in their varying styles

vimeo.com/227563486

For something like this to happen, the people involved need talent, skill, creativity, drive, passion, and the self-discipline to see something through to the end.

This video is definitive proof that the fans have more of these qualities than the critics, who will never do anything remotely as impressive. The malcontents here are all talk and no action.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
-Teddy Roosevelt

I was able to look over the whole agenda pushing most of the time for the characters, but they kept making Steven gayer and gayer to the point he's just a big pussy now, it's annoying.

That and them hamfisting adult-relationship-drama metaphors (Jasper and Lapis on the boat and the whole episode of Kevin and the race where Steven acted completely out of character) that most fucking kids won't understand a bit, and the cherry on top being the awkward delivery of new episodes just made me totally lose interest.

I haven't watched anything of the last bomb tho, although I know they fixed Lars.

can't have hope when he's always in sandals

A part of me wants to see if it gets worse and the mental gymnastics the hard core fans will loop through just to justify it.

Are you a bot or are you really that much of a NEET to monitor every SU thread to post this?

user, I hate to tell you this, but... those aren't shoes. They're sandals.

>although I know they fixed Lars.

>start Lars off as a complete piece of shit
>give him excessive amounts of screen time where he learns absolutely fucking nothing and remains steadfastly a prick
>fix Lars so he's actually cool and likeable
>show absolutely none of this and all his awesome adventures happen exclusively off screen

So when did you guys realize that Sugar was a hack?

Yes

Kys yourself

>show absolutely none of this and all his awesome adventures happen exclusively off screen
Now this I didn't know in my last reply, makes the whole thing even worse.

Season 1.

Not really - it seems like they completely lost focus after Ian left and everything interesting about the show stalled out.

Enjoy more townie episodes!

They find joy watching something as jarringly mediocre as this, which do you think it is?

>the people involved need talent, skill, creativity, drive, passion, and the self-discipline to see something through to the end.
It's an average of 4 seconds of animation, including the intro and credits, per animator. That's nothing.

It's not even deserving to be a shoe.

Roosevelt was a bro.

I love it but the hiatuses are just too much. It's ruining the show at this point. They wanted to make a western anime, but they missed the part where anime shows air every week on a set schedule during a season. Ultimately it's not really the show creators' fault, but it can't be ignored.

I never had hope for this show.

>literally liking inferior gems

STOP

It's never fucking on, who cares at this point?

The show was last on the air in what, April? They should just go ahead and quit calling it a series and rebrand it as a miniseries event since it is only on for a week or so then nothing for the next 8-10 months.

Complaining about it is like complaining about a cancelled series. It is never on in any capacity to be seen to the point of complaining is senseless.

>Amythest turns into Stevens DIED mom to taunt a weakend Greg
>Steven sees this
>lol its ok she fixed a broken frame :)

Fuck this show.

>shoe

>but they kept making Steven gayer and gayer
Surely you jest.

I don't know about this shoe, flats arn't really my thing.

Sometimes I think Steven Universe is nothing but an experiment to see how bad and disappointing a show can be before it's fans get fed up with it or for it to be cancelled.

I think it's a great example of why you can't use worldbuilding as a substitute for story.

Steven Universe only really exists to inspire lots and lots of girls to go to animation school where they imitate the style completely for their senior films.

Easily half of my class were girls in Steven Universe shit copying the artstyle in everything they drew. And at least five films in 2015 were 1:1 copy of the artstyle

I can deal with him being a pacifist or whatever. I don't need manly macho kid as a protagonist.

But his mannerisms keep getting more and more flamboyant by each episode, and if you DARE to complain you're a homophobe.

I can't remember one scene post-Gemworld reveal in which Steven being a male was relevant for his character. You can change any of his scenes to a female Steven and the scene still makes sense (considering you make Connie a lesbian which would only make even more sense for this show).

Is that like a good thing? Is that progressive or something? Because it's just lazy writing to me.

>pic related, a much better boy protagonist

Sure, as long as they manage to wrap-up the plot before it ends

Like tying a shoelace after putting it on.

This was for fun and most of the bits looked like ass to be honest

Better child protag as well since, like a child, KO asks questions when faced with something he (and the audience) does not know. Unlike steven where everything in his show is a mystery because he refuses to ask any questions.

>world building

Its actually kinda shit since, everything is in a bubble. For example, why does not one care about all this bad stuff that is going on? Where is the CIA/FBI/Local police agency? Am I suppose to believe this town is just peaches and creme? The towns folk dont seem to care are or even acknowledged the gems half the time.

Also the fact that the staff said there were no wars like WW1/2 and Vietnam or religion.

Considering every human place they go to is named, "x town" (amazing job on the name guys, not surprised since the homeworld of gems is called Homeworld) I think we are just suppose to assume that 4 lesbian space rocks somehow made it so that there are no bigger then city state form of governments. Which makes no sense. How did 4 rocks somehow tell every human to not do what is in their nature to do?

Japan wins again, not that it was hard in this case.

>kill yourself yourself

kys

Are you one of those retards that correct anyone who writes "rip in peace"?

KO and SU are shit

It could have also meant kill yourself by yourself. As in "No I'm not going to help you commit suicide, kill yourself yourself.".

It's canceled so....

even shattered they look moe

Name of show? Also what came first? That or SU?

JAPAN STEALS FROM AMERICA! HAHAHAHAHA! HOW PATHETIC CAN YOU BE?

I hope it will end soon

Houseki no Kuni in English Land of the Lustrous, manga is from 2012

Manga came before su if I remember correctly

But the manga has been around even before SU was even a thought

Houseki no Kuni, manga before SU shit.

It beat Steven Universe by a year.

Lapidot was great characters prior Sugar decided to nuke based Zuke.

I thought SU was Sugar's childhood/playground fantasy story.

but it makes it better. Just like Powerpuff Girls, Xmen, Starship Troppers, etc.

Me? When she made a comic with two characters quoting the Simpsons.

>Powerpuff Girls
No, better than the reboot? Sure. Better than the original? No.

This.

Steven Universe should've been a simple episodic slice of life series san the lore and continuation.

yup, better than the original. It created a whole new side story with it.

bitch, the lore and continuity is the only reason anyone is still watching it

Hasn't it been like more than half a year since new episodes? I feel like I haven't seen this show since fucking May. What the hell is going on?

>They wanted to make a western anime, but they missed the part where anime shows air every week on a set schedule during a season

They also missed the part where anime actually puts fucking detail and effort into their artstyle and animation.

Blame Lincoln for outlawing slavery

Worldbuilding as a substitute is alright, yet, for the medium of cartoons where the execs know children aren't into it and the creator try to set out to create something "revolutionary" for cartoons simply don't work.

I mean, I'm glad CN gave Sugar the benefit of the doubt, however, consideting the perpetual haitus, it is clear CN lost whatever potential they felt for it and want shows like Gumball, TTGO, and nu-PPG.

At this rate, Steven Universe is ending at season five with no resolve. Prepare for a cliffhanger no-conclusion type end.

Nigger calm your tits. I know that, it's why I am watching it and all.

I think some people i.e., CN execs think that way sometimes.

It's okay if you enslave white people.

The real reason is pretty simple. The setting is a fucking mess because it was designed to revolve around Steven and the narrow set of plots the writers wanted him involved in. The worldbuilding they have managed to squeeze in raises a LOT of questions (government policy on gems, military response to alien invasions, gem influence on human culture, homeworld society, the whole alt history thing, and so on) but they will probably never be addressed because they aren't directly relevant to whatever Steven is doing in a given episode. Hell, even the things that ARE directly relevant to him rarely get answered.

Its a skeleton of a setting, taking the lorebait and trying to make sense of it is futile. You'll either wind up with a headache, or make up so much headcanon to fill the holes that you're essentially writing fanfiction.

It´s shit.

You are becoming Barneyfag tier with your autism.

I like both.

Can we petition mods to give this guy a public ban one of these times?

you turds actually watch The Gender Dysphoria Show?

Why? It's funny watching him think that video is good and try to use it to justify watching that shitty pigchild show.

please stop fucking shilling this shit. its not good. (though miles better than SU0

As a former fan of the show, no. I have little. There's been so little news, the /sug/ threads have been getting less about the show and more about wanting to fuck the characters to the point where it belongs in /trash/, and it has started to get so much flak that the demand for the show has been getting lower and lower, not to mention TTG is still clogging up the schedules. Do I even need to mention the seasonal rot? No, cause everytime this kind of thread is made, people give you the same shit, different day.
It's gonna be cancelled soon, there's no doubt about it, it's been on hiatus for almost half a year, I can't even remember, I stopped counting.
So no, I have no more hope in this shoe...

This. The writers put Steven before actually fleshing out the world. Steven is basically an avatar of everything that the writers know and stand for so unless it has something to do with middle class white progressive suburbia and the all important conflict that is 'feelings' there's little use for it. Not that other shows didn't revolve around similar themes/settings but those typically don't have an alien threat and lore in the background.

Based

Didn't SU pilot air in 2011.?

>I read that in Eggman's voice

What does that say about me?

No. The oldest posters were made in 2012.

Even the pilot was ugly as shit.

After S3?
I just move on
Not even AT made me do that

Jeezus, pilot Steven and Pearl looked godawful. Garnet and Amethyst on the other hand looked better than what we have now.

It means I cannot unhear it either, I'm not complaining though.

>perifags

soless trash.

How is original Pearl's design worse than Mrs. Needlenose?

Yeah, humanity in SU is nothing like what humanity actually is. I don't buy SU's excuse about how humans have learned to just avoid gem stuff. We literally climb mountains where the summit is past the "You are now slowly dying" mark. We build machines to take us into space or go to the bottom of the ocean.

I can't believe the show telling me that humans have no interest in gem stuff, even though gem monsters apparently are a big enough problem that the crystal gems are still fighting them thousands of years later, or that a gem spacecraft which invaded the eastern US is apparently of no interest to the US government.

I NEED MY FINALE
I AIN'T LEAVING THIS FUCKING RIDE
UNTIL I GET MY FINALE

Humans aren't humans to the writers. They want a 'perfect' race that doesn't bother other people and is accepting of everything. It's their form of idealizing humanity.