Reminder that not only is DC currently producing quality content...

Reminder that not only is DC currently producing quality content, they're ensuring comics remain affordable so readers can have as much product as their budget allows, retailers aren't overburdened with excessive variants, meet-or-exceed requirements and other sales gimmickry, and working to promote and maintain a healthy industry for the benefit of everyone rather than chase an extra buck.

That new Deadman mini's gonna have a glow-in-the-dark cover. The nineties are creeping up on us.

This. Marvel is finished.

I don't support shitty gatefolds. But I like the no variant idea and the price-point. I absolutely hate the idea that a company's selling practices should be a fucking reason to buy a book. if that's a selling point I have even less interest in them.

"Hey, we're not fleecing you, check it out."

how about

"Hey this is going to be good, here's an issue zero/one free online to make you see how crack it is. Here's a full rundown of what to expect."

Stop with the social media picture posts and give us some meat and potatoes rundowns or story points. "It'll all be explained in the book" is a recipe for "I'll pirate that shit until you explain it then".

Why do people bitch about variants so much?

I don't give a shit about them so I don't buy them but what's so bad about them existing?

That line is DOA lets be honest here

Retailers?

Does any major chain even still stock comics anymore? I know where I live the only way you're getting a comic is if you go to a comic specialty shop and there's only one in my local area

>t. a newfag/tradefag

C'mon user, do we really have to do this for the 100th time this year alone. Go google why LCSs are mostly the only stores that carry ongoings. It isn't a secret. You'll likely find a few threads from Sup Forums archived.

BUT when your competitor's practices are so bad, having good business practices can easily become a selling point.

I still prefer Marvel over DC because dealing with DC fans like the OP is beyond annoying when they have to spend 10 hours a day online thinking they are soldiers in a console war.

It's even more annoying when I have been dealing with people of this same type of mentality in the political world for the past year with the presidential election.

Protip: spending all day online posting that "your guy/company is the best in every way" is pathetic subjective behavior. Every entity has good and bad point, but these people never bring up the bad points, they ALWAYS post only the good point in some retarded attempt to convince people the entity they are cheerleading for is flawless.

Idiotic.

>I-I hate Marvel, but aren't DC fans just as bad?!
wew

>I absolutely hate the idea that a company's selling practices should be a fucking reason to buy a book. if that's a selling point I have even less interest in them.
If that's how I feel is it really an effective selling point?

Well, not on an individual level. But seeing as a lot of people see DC pushing the "we won't fuck you over" selling point as a good thing, then it can be seen as an effective selling point.

AC1000 is likely $30-40. They are just as greedy as Marvel.

>I absolutely hate the idea that a company's selling practices should be a fucking reason to buy a book. if that's a selling point I have even less interest in them.
Why do you think that's somehow the sole selling point and not just another factor?

>Man, I get so annoyed that people are expressing happiness that a company they support isn't treating them like shit!
LOL What the fuck?

It's $30 for a hard cover 168 page book

>the first comic about the oldest superhero still running is hitting a never before seen milestone and they're treating it as something special
>just as greedy as Marvel

But user, Marvel cant make it to two digits, let alone four.

Keep suckin that mummified israeli cock, Bendis.

I'd prefer a paper back for ten less dollars. In fact I'd have preferred a simply giant-sized floppy by one creative team.

That's the bookshelf volume special which includes Action #1000 and a bunch of other material. Action #1000 is going to be a standard $5.99 floppy special.

Action reset as well. And Many marvel books hit triple digits. Grow up you underage faggot. I say this as someone who has only DC, including action, on my pull.

I know Action reset, but then it went back to the old numbering because "oh wait we might have fucked up".

Marvel keeps trying the first half without realizing the second.

In recent years a lot of Marvel books barely made it past issue twenty before being renumbered. Now they're renumbering everything to trips and shitting out variants for every "milestone" issue they've pulled out of their asses by ramming random series together for the best result.

They're literally in the midst of going back to the old numbering. The same thing DC did.

I know it's easy to rip marvel but that's not a thing exclusive to them. And Action/Tec are the only two books DC renumbered simply because of those numbers. They're still celebrating the solo books of Wondy, Batman and Superman with special covers from Tony Daniel.

>Captain "Volume 9 is fine" Marvel hits her 4th #1 in a span of 3ish years.
>Marvel thinks people will ever accept her by continuing this tactic

Nice attempt to tell me simple information so you can seem more knowledgable to me. I'm very well aware of this. DC, as I noted, is doing the same thing with Wondy, Batman and Superman's solos.

His claim was "Marvel cant make it to two digits, let alone four." and that's flat out fucking wrong. It's not even disingenuous it's just wrong. It's the same as saying DC can't make it to triple digits since they renumbered at 52 for Rebirth.

I'm aware, but i dont care.

You see, heres the thing, i dont fucking like Marvel, i have no trust as a consumer in Marvel, and nearly everyone at Marvel is a fucking dickhead, and the company is infamous for spitting out gimmicks purely to try and boost sales.

I dont give a fuck if they're going back to the old numbering because they kept pulling their shit for so long and so stubbornly i dont fucking trust them.

DC fucked up. Everyone agree's they fucked up. DC fucked up, so what did they do in response to everyone telling them they fucked up? They fixed their shit.

Action Comics hit #1,000 because DC fucked up and realized they fucked up and knew people didnt like their fuck up so they decided to acknowledge their fuck up and unfuck-up their fuck up.

Avengers is going back to #672 because Marvel wants my fucking money because they've completely blown their shit so hard they need to cook the books to look like they're only ~marginally~ falling behind.

FUCK Marvel.

> I choose my reading based on a fanbase I can avoid
how long have you been a bitter, useless faggot

Astroturfing 101, lads.

>His claim was "Marvel cant make it to two digits, let alone four." and that's flat out fucking wrong.

Its a joke at Marvel's expense for abusing the #1 sales boost by constantly restarting titles for like 4 years you tard.

>This company is doing a bad thing!!!
>actually they're not anymore
>I DON'T CARE
If you have nothing to contribute to the discussion then shut the fuck up.

>company x treat us better than company y! all hail company x!

>It's the same as saying DC can't make it to triple digits since they renumbered at 52 for Rebirth
Well, not really. DC managed to get the majority of their New 52 main books to their 52nd issues before renumbering, and my point about Marvel books barely breaking the issue 20 mark before a renumbering at the hands of a relaunch remains relevant. Marvel have renumbered, what, 4 times in 3 years? DC renumbered once in 5. It's the extremity and frequency of the renumbering that's the issue.

Hyoed for this as well as the new Etrigan mini.

The thing here is, I agree with you I'm just not a faggot blinded by rage. And I'm not going to disingenuously paint things as being "good" or as a "selling point" when it's not.

This here in particular reads like the statements of a whiney little faggot:

>so they decided to acknowledge their fuck up and unfuck-up their fuck up.

>Avengers is going back to #672 because Marvel wants my fucking money

you could reverse it and say

>DC realized action 1000 is the biggest moment for a cash grab and they could print a 30 dollar fucking book so they went back to the old numbering

>marvel, recognizing they pissed fans off (no matter how long it took) went back to the old numbering as a show of good faith.

The only thing that separates them is your faggot as interpretation.

I know this. I dislike disingenuous jokes. And I get just as mad at late night comedians or douchebags on the street making disingenuous jokes that they think are funny.

>>This company is doing a bad thing!!!
>>actually they're not anymore
>>I DON'T CARE

Marvel absolutely is still doing a bad thing, its just instead of trying to take advantage of a statistic boost, they're trying to rip off DC Rebirth, you idiot.

They're disingenuous fools who've openly admitted to taking advantage of and pissing off fans on purpose.

>Company X is competent, puts out consistently good content, and treats us better than Company Y, which openly abuses its consumer base and treats them like shit

Yeah no shit people like Company X more than Company Y

No you idiot, its a matter of image.

DC is more or less open with their mistakes and has shown effort to correct them.

Marvel has, and IS (PRESENT TENSE), mocking their fans for daring to criticize them.

THATS why i dont care if Marvel is trying to paint their shit with gold, because nothing on the inside has changed. They're still the same awful company that has outright disdain for the people who used to buy their products.

>I know this. I dislike disingenuous jokes. And I get just as mad at late night comedians or douchebags on the street making disingenuous jokes that they think are funny.

Are you genuinely autistic?

If Marvel is "finished" the whole industry will implode. You'd lose 1/2 of all walk-in traffic to LCS.

>"My hot wife beats me, and my hot neighbour always treats me nice and tries to help me through the beatings while my wife's away."
>"I'm gonna stay with my wife and just let the neighbour continue making me feel better between beatings."

The standard AC #1000 will be $5.99. Still pretty expensive but nowhere near as much as the $30 hardcover.

>Marvel is finished.

Nah, Disney will bail them out
as always

>this is what shills actually believe
Marvel is RESPONSIBLE for LCSs going out of business because of their rampant overshipping forcing LCSs to buy comics that they can't afford. Get rid of Marvel and then this problem goes away.

>company has history of bad things with bad motives
>fixes one
>some one reasonably skeptical of the move
In what reality is that not relevant to the discussion?

>DC realized action 1000 is the biggest moment for a cash grab and they could print a 30 dollar fucking book so they went back to the old numbering
See And Because you seem to need that hammered home to you.

>But user, Marvel cant make it to two digits, let alone four.
I don't care about anything else you have to say. That was the statement user made. My response was that DC did the same thing. I am correct. You are a REEing idiot. Those are factual statements.

Nothing else you've said is even worthy of response. I shouldn't've have responded in the first place. I likely spend more money on DC comics and movies than you do, I love the fucking company. The point user made was wrong.

Calm down.
They pay the shipping on the extra books, but the comics themselves are free.

It's a cunt move, but not as bad as you think it is.

""""free""""

Damn, you really are autistic.

No really are you actually autistic, holy shit.

> My response was that DC did the same thing. I am correct. You are a REEing idiot. Those are factual statements.

They dont.

They factually do not.

"This. X is finished!" is a meme/joke statement. Relax.

Only one of those comments is after mine. I'm actually very happy to see that. I'm dead serious, I'm thanking you for showing me.

This has to be bait at this point. That's factually incorrect user.

Doesn't change the fact that:

>But user, Marvel cant make it to two digits, let alone four.

was wrong.

>having to pay for shipping on 40+ free comics per 10 comics you actually ordered
>taking up shelf space
>product that nobody buys

Its pretty bad if a retailer cant sell retail items, user.

Stop it dude/gal, you're embarassing yourself.
Do some push-ups, get tired and go to bed.

>This has to be bait at this point. That's factually incorrect user.

How are DC and Marvel doing "the same thing"

>Doesn't change the fact that:
>>But user, Marvel cant make it to two digits, let alone four.
>was wrong.

It was a fucking joke at Marvel's expense you loon, based in reality (look at how many of their books never made it to 10, or only barely past 10, fucking Squirrel Girl relaunched twice in the same year even)

Do you actually have autism? Thats not a dig at you, thats a genuine question.

That sounds pretty bad, though. And a blatantly bad thing to do that is directly harming the LCS.

Not "out of business" levels but still pretty bad.

No shit, but that user seemed to think the shops were paying full price for the extra books, which is not accurate.

>I'm thanking you for showing me.
Which one you gonna buy? I'm tempted to go for both.

You don't even understand what the fuck you're arguing about, you literal mental midget. You're regurgitating 1/4 of a controversial thing that you poorly understood and have applied the wrong facts to. God damn does Sup Forums have incredibly, shamefully fucking dumb people.

Oh, definitely.

There's a reason (well, lots of reasons) that retailers fucking hate Marvel these days.

>Do some push-ups, get tired and go to bed.
This is how I know you don't do push-ups. They wake you up, you fat sack of shit.

user, you're simultaneously trying to make the last ten years representative of the last 75 while trying to say the actions of the last five from Marvel negate the actions of the last ten from DC.

I spend more money on DC comics than you, I'll guarantee it. And that doesn't change the fact that the renumbered twice in ten years. I don't care if marvel did it 100 times.

You're been defending a joke as if it's fact and you're asking ME if I have autism. While one of you wrote this:

Holy shit learn about the industry you pretend to give a shit about

Didn't knew Marvel forced you to read their comics, user. Sorry about that.

Honestly, I maybe cop both. I buy back ups of all my main purchases anyway so it'll be nice to read the floppy and put the hardcover with the bagged ones.

Enjoy your 90% drop in sales.

The analogy works better for Marvelfags, really.

I'll probably do the opposite and read the hardcover and bag the floppy up straight away.

I'm defending the joke because its a joke at Marvel's expense from the last 5 years, whats not to understand?

DC did it twice in ten years, yes. Marvel did it like 5 times in as many years and had multiple relaunches for at least a few titles in those years themselves, they're not even the same thing. Like not even remotely the same thing.

In the time DC did New 52 and Rebirth, Marvel had Heroic Age, Marvel Now, All New All Different, Marvel Now 2, and now Marvel Legacy, relaunching almost all of their books yearly (and again, in some cases bi-yearly) because of horrific sales, and screamed at their own fans who complained about it.

You're reading what you want to out of the joke just to go into an autistic frenzy over it, man.

I'll enjoy my polyamorous relationships.
It works pretty well for DCfags who don't realize DC sucks too.

>Marvel sucks
>DC sucks
Why bother any more?

>what is capitalism

>It works pretty well for DCfags who don't realize DC sucks too.
DC does not treat its audience like Marvel does.

>b-but DC sucks too, I swear you guys! I know it's true, my mom said so!

Because of the 99% of comics that are from neither.
Just like most editors.
I'm not even gonna respond to the other guy.

Are DC and Valiant the only good cape companies at the moment?

They are used to artificially inflated sales numbers and leave stores with more product than they can sell.

It's an industry harming sales-gimmick or sales crutch that in the long term makes it harder for stores so stay open.

>DC currently producing quality content

Stopped reading there. Good joke, man.

Hal & Pals are okay books but it's not what I'd call "quality".

But why bother with capes any more? If you think Marvel sucks and DC sucks, you're left with shit that's only been around for about two decades.

>Action reset as well. And Many marvel books hit triple digits. Grow up you underage faggot. I say this as someone who has only DC, including action, on my pull.

is hardly an autistic response compared to:

>I'm aware, but i dont care.

>You see, heres the thing, i dont fucking like Marvel, i have no trust as a consumer in Marvel, and nearly everyone at Marvel is a fucking dickhead, and the company is infamous for spitting out gimmicks purely to try and boost sales.

>I dont give a fuck if they're going back to the old numbering because they kept pulling their shit for so long and so stubbornly i dont fucking trust them.

>DC fucked up. Everyone agree's they fucked up. DC fucked up, so what did they do in response to everyone telling them they fucked up? They fixed their shit.

>Action Comics hit #1,000 because DC fucked up and realized they fucked up and knew people didnt like their fuck up so they decided to acknowledge their fuck up and unfuck-up their fuck up.

>Avengers is going back to #672 because Marvel wants my fucking money because they've completely blown their shit so hard they need to cook the books to look like they're only ~marginally~ falling behind.

>FUCK Marvel.

You just agree with him (as do I, as I said, just not so blindly) so you don't see it as wrong.

The basic statement, regardless of it being a joke, isn't true. None of this:
>In the time DC did New 52 and Rebirth, Marvel had Heroic Age, Marvel Now, All New All Different, Marvel Now 2, and now Marvel Legacy, relaunching almost all of their books yearly...
matters.

Marvel had many books in the high triple digits. Just as DC did. And they both renumbered. New 52 didn't make it to triple digits, so it doesn't matter if Marvel's only makes it to 20, it's still double digits.

The joke, as I said from the beginning, is far too removed from reality to be funny. But sure, not thinking something is funny is autistic. My initial response was hardly an autistic frenzy.

>If you think Marvel sucks and DC sucks, you're left with shit that's only been around for about two decades.
Holy shit

Okay, three decades. I'm referring to capes in specific here. And don't fob around with all that Golden Age shit.

Has to be the same newfag who asked the retailers question above.

No, you were wrong.

Guys.

Stop.

Its not a console war anymore. Its not a game of "my company is better than yours nah nah nuh boo boo fuck you". Its not touting personal preference as an objective truth.

The fact is, Marvel has become an awful company, with failing sales, with its audience leaving in droves, with horrific PR, without really anything to stand on, and it BLAMES its own audience, its own fans, for this, because of their own shortcomings and mistakes. All they do is double down.

The people who ran the company into the ground are still there, and will still work there. Everyone with talent and personal decency has left and gone to DC, gone to Valiant, gone to Image, gone to everyone but Marvel. All Marvel can employ are mentally unstable recruits off of social media who are only interested in touting their own sociopolitical ideology. The company is corrupt to the roots and deeply crippled.

Marvel is not a good company, it is not run by good people, and more than half of its output is considered by almost everyone to be garbage.

If you like the movies, thats fine, but acknowledge that its a different company that runs it. If you like the TV, thats fine, but acknowledge the production studios responsible for it.

Marvel Entertainment is not a good company.

You can have any opinion of DC you desire, but its not a console war anymore. Its as much a console war now as Sega and Nintendo.

>I'm referring to capes in specific here.
Thank God!
I don't particularly cares about capes, I just love the comic medium.

k

The joke is based on Marvel's relaunches and reboots you fucking idiot stop being so stubbornly stupid.

People think you're autistic because you cant comprehend how simple this is and you're creating this complex meta narrative of undermining DC or some shit when the joke is just making fun of Marvel for their relaunch addiction over the past few years.

Fucking stop.

>Its not a console war anymore.
I would have to have been a fan of Marvel for that to ever have been the case. I'm a DC fan who pointed out the inherent fallacy of a statement made in jest.

They IMMEDIATELY went insane. Sure, responded like an asshole from the beginning but it's not a company war.

Dude all I did was point out it was false and I every other repsonse was trying to tell me I'm wrong because it's a joke.

It's low hanging fruit and beyond disingenuous. You have no right or power to tell me to stop calling that out as fucking stupid.

>Jim Lee: Hey guys! We've got a new set of comics with new heros coming out! To make sure everyone who wants to read them can, we're making sure they're affordable and not having any sort of variants so that stores can order as much as they need within their budgets as well!
>This is subsequently retweeted by several retailers in support of the business practice and to try and raise some interest in their customer base.

>Tom Brevoort: I don't care what you fuckers say about not buying our comics. With the way we set up variant and meet or exceed sales to retailers, we're still getting money. AHAHAHAHAHA Suck it losers.
>This is subsequently retweeted by Dan Slott, Nick Spencer and the like to protect themselves from readers.

Some people are bitching about the tweet in the OP? Really?

>you're left with shit that's only been around for about two decades.
What's wrong with that? You can't read a book if it isn't an on going serie since the 50s? Doctor who and The Young and the Restless are the only shows you can watch?

There's nothing wrong with it, I phrased that poorly. You're left with less material is what I meant by it.

>Action reset as well. And Many marvel books hit triple digits. Grow up you underage faggot. I say this as someone who has only DC, including action, on my pull.

Was the response. Hardly being stupid. That I was met with:
>In recent years a lot of Marvel books barely made it past issue twenty before being renumbered. Now they're renumbering everything to trips and shitting out variants for every "milestone" issue they've pulled out of their asses by ramming random series together for the best result.

and

>I know Action reset, but then it went back to the old numbering because "oh wait we might have fucked up".

>Marvel keeps trying the first half without realizing the second.

Is stupid. Why defend a joke based on falsehood? Why not just say, you know, you may be right but I find it funny. It turns into calling me autistic for not liking shitty jokes.

Go back to fucking tumblr or neogaf or whatever other nest you faggots usually infest.

>Dude all I did was point out it was false and I every other repsonse was trying to tell me I'm wrong because it's a joke.
>It's low hanging fruit and beyond disingenuous. You have no right or power to tell me to stop calling that out as fucking stupid.
They're calling you an autistic idiot because its an incredibly simple to understand joke.

Let me break it down for you.

Action Comics hits #1,000.

Joke: Marvel cannot hit a number above ten let alone a number above one thousand

Explanation: Marvel is obsessed with relaunches, infamously Squirrel Girl relaunched twice in one year, the first volume only making it to 8.

WHOAOWOOAOAOAOAAAOOA HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT DISINGENUOUS STOP THE PRESSES WHAOAOOA OOQAOOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOA

Please shut the fuck up.

PLEASE.

Shut the fuck up.

Seriously shut the fuck up.

>Why defend a joke based on falsehood?

Fucking MOST jokes are based in part off of falsehoods you moron. Watch ANY stand up special, there might be 30 to 40% of truth in any one joke at most.

Do parodies make your dick tingle with rage?

Is Robot Chicken your kryptonite?

Shills aren't even hiding it anymore, or this is a falseflag.

All DC's good comics are 3.99

>We've got a new set of comics with new heros coming out! To make sure everyone who wants to read them can, we're making sure they're affordable and not having any sort of variants
Reminder that Mosaic #1 was $4.99, had six 1:10 variants, and a 1:25 Hip-Hop variant.

If you go on rants like this to shit on simple jokes, you probably got vaccinated one too many times as a kid

I love that picture where that store was giving it away for free with any purchase of any other comic.

>that time the creator went on a spastic rage tizzy on some forum calling everyone a racist for not buying Mosaic

Where does Marvel find these people i swear to god.

Why do you assume I misunderstood it? I think we're on to something here, you seem to think I misunderstood. At no point did I not get the joke.

My very first reply is very indicative of this.

Just re-read your reply and try to understand the irony of you calling me autistic.

Do you go to /r9k/?

No normal functioning adult can possibly behave like this in response to a simple to understand joke.

>REE DISINGENUOUS REE

Shut the fuck up, nobody cares.