DC Comics To Run Doomsday Clock Ads Before Black Panther And Justice League Movies

>DC Comics is teaming up again with National CineMedia (NCM) and local comic shops for co-op advertising deals in local cinemas to promote Doomsday Clock. Earlier this year, they did similar for the first DC Rebirth collections, but with November 21st/22nd seeing the launch of the new Doomsday Clock series written by newly independent DC President Geoff Johns, drawn by Gary Frank, and introducing the Watchmen characters into the DC Universe.

>This is the cinema ad of choice, and retailers would have their store’s details at the end.

youtu.be/c9zXJYNwRGA

>Last time around, NCM helped tag stores on DC Universe: Rebirth spots and found prominent and relevant placing in local cinema advertising reels and stores could claim back 50% of the cost., The terms aren’t as clear just yet this time around, but they are likely to be similar with the upcoming Justice League and Black Panther being obvious choices, .

Wow it's almost like they're not actually competing and you're allowed to like both

>and introducing the Watchmen characters into the DC Universe
>shills will defend this

If you buy Doomsday clock you are part of the problem

Looks like Johns is desperate to have an evergreen to his name.
>I'll write Batman. He has quite a few evergreens to his name.
>This time it'll be Watchmen. This will definitely get people's attention. Let me even shill it harder.

Always glad when they advertise comics to the mainstream. It's a better way of reaching new readers than changing everything about the characters. Shame it's Doomsday Clock though. I hope the ads are at least good, the Rebirth ones were kinda shitty.

I've seen 100% more DC commercials for comics than marvel. I'm surprised there aren't more commercials to be frank.

Fuck you Scott Snyder. Metal is the problem. DClock is just a story you can skip. Metal's been shitting too much up and will only get worse by february.

Exactly. Normal people can barely tell the companies apart. I had to explain to my father when Wonder Woman was starting that she was a DC character and so not part of the MCU.

Every time they get burnt by a DC movie, there is a chance they just won't watch DC movies anymore. Or they decide to quit Superhero movies totally.

The competition is in the actual release dates. But so far Marvel has been winning with those, as Warner a Brothers blinked with BvS vs Cap 3.

>But so far Marvel has been winning with those

They're throwing Thor to the fucking wolves just to in the same release window as Star Wars and Justice League. Simply to try and fuck with JL. God forbid that movie finds legs, theres a real possibility Disney may have to break them just to make way for Star Wars like they did to Hateful Eight... even if that shit was shit.

>Marvel movie promoting a DC comic book

Cool, I remember the Rebirth commercials before movies and really liking those.

Not really. Thor has like two weeks before JL and then another few weeks before Star Wars. So for the sake of the few million at the very last week maybe, they crush JL between them. JL may have BvS legs or even worse.

JL, in that example, would have to have done VERY BADLY.

if it does even marginally well then my statement about thor being thrown to the wolves would be the truer part. It having legs through a JL success isn't just a pipedream it's impossible.

>DC is capitalizing more off of Marvel's movies than Marvel themselves are

Can the sheer scale of how much Ike has been BTFO'd even be measured?

Kek

How? It has basically no effect on the DCU as a whole and won't as most DC stories rn take place after metal and nothings changed

I will gladly scream than geoff johns is a talentless cunt, and that the story will be a cash grab.

>Moorefags

Things must be going badly at Feige's house?

>I want to be banned from my local movie theatre!

I wonder if comic books exist in the DCEU?

I cannot accept that Geoff is pronounced like Jeff.

>I cannot accept that Geoff is pronounced like Jeff.

Fuck, I thought I was the only one.

how would you pronounce it otherwise?

Ge(as in geo minus the o)-off

>newly independent DC President Geoff Johns
What the hell?

I guess they are counting on normie audiences to have forgotten how meh they were on the Watchmen movie? That thing fizzled out badly in theaters, I remember it had a second weekend in the teens or something.

They were barely original IP to begin with, user.

I hope we see the Charlton/DC characters too.

I still want the Rorschach from the preview to be Vic so he can rip of the mask at a critical moment and revealed that he's figured everything out.