I hope Angelina Jolie gives this an Oscar. I want to taste Disney tears for once in my lifetime

I hope Angelina Jolie gives this an Oscar. I want to taste Disney tears for once in my lifetime.

Reverse Trap?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxzlNE9_7Y

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Breadwinner_(novel)
youtu.be/fZdv_f9f5Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=7haS9XTOE70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm interested to see how it lives up to the other Cartoon Saloon movies. Since Coco is the mouse's only horse in the race, we'll see what happens.

>non Disney/Pixar winning the "let's give Disney/Pixar an award" award

Funny joke

Why does Sup Forums still give this glass ceiling joke of an award award any kind of importance?

The only way a non-Disney/Pixar animated movie wins an Oscar is by pulling a Russia on the Academy voters.

Because idiot normies do. Why else does capeshit dominate the box office?

I don't see why we have to hold it in any kind of reguard just because "idiot normies" do.

Don't reverse traps usually win oscars.

I hope this ends with her getting forced into being a child soldier. I'm sure being a boy is a fun ride in Islam.

Mulan? More like Mullan.

Damn it.

I hate the way disney unfairly wins all the awards so I want this to win, also it represents my country.

but if it does people would just be complaining about sjws ( and i hate sjws myself)

The same kind of people make up a lot of Sup Forums. It's why Breadwinner can only be brought up in the context of Oscars as opposed to how it'll fare with the rest of Cartoon Saloon's output.

This movie is actually based on another movie called Osama, an award winning story based on true events... Except instead of rescuing her father, he got killed by the Taliban, instead of getting money she is taken from her job and forced into a Taliban training school, and instead of escaping she is found out and sold as a bride to a Taliban teacher who was teaching her class.

Movie ends with the teacher coming out of her room after their wedding night and bathing in the same way that he was teaching the boys to bath after having sex to make sure they were clean.

DUES FVCKIGN VULT!

I CAN"T FUCKING SPELL

oh why don't you take your deus vult and go back to fucking your squire in the boipussy like everyone knows you do

I got other options, pig-fuckers made few friends in their history.

I wouldn't be surprised if this movie ends with the main characters experiencing the full force of Operation Enduring Freedom.

> If you're a boy, you can go anywhere!
Including being sent to war...hope the film at least mentions that.

Animation looks cool.

I'd the girl

looks like oscar bait in animation form

ITT: Butthurt faggots who know nothing about the book it's based off of hope the kid dies

Is that a good thing? Will that mean more independent animated movies will try to raise the bar and beat Hollywood at their own game?

>2D
So do I.

> the full force of Operation Enduring Freedom.
You mean fucking nothing, because the US was much more interested in attacking Iraq and Afghanistan was seen as nothing but a side show?

35,000 Taliban didn't drop dead of heart attacks.

But this time you've got an oscar bait cartoon going against the D. Surely it's possible to get enough brownie points to at least LOOK like it can over take whatever disney shits out.

It's happened before. Like when Spirited Away won... Which was distributed in America by Disney.... Nevermind.

What the literal fuck do you think the academy is exactly?

It is filled with people who won't watch all of the nominations if any at all.

There are voters who chose the Disney movie just because it's Disney while not having watched the movie at all.

The AA for Best animated feature is a sham of an award that treats animation as a genre rather than a medium, voted on by various people who already think animation is nothing more than a joke. it's pitiful that anyone here puts any kind of value towards it. I'm legitimately surprised that we discuss this award at all.

I think I read this book in school.

>Disney award

The first time Disney won an award was for fucking Frozen, stop pushing this meme.

>implying Disney doesn't own Pixar.

Rango.
That is all.

Breadwinner is actually inspired by a different book that was released some three years prior to Osama.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Breadwinner_(novel)

They are very similar, however.

If there's something that could BTFO Disney at the Oscars, I'd be a movie of this.

As long as I get to see barneyfag tears when the mlp movie wins best original song.

Happy Feet and Rango say hi.

>I got other options
stop raping little booooooys

I'm sure Darpa is working on it.

Since we're on the topic of Oscar-bait animation, do you think the Academy will finally nominate an anime film NOT made by Ghibli?

Is it any good?

Or is it a stupid indie 'feels' movie? i'd add a cgi smart ass animal buddy(make him a donkey lol) if you want an oscar

BORING

Philistines.

>Reverse Trap
garbage

Theres a good chance this will get an award for its subject matter especially if the voters dont watch it, like 12 years.

We already have Feivel

Made by the same folks what did The secret of Kells? You have my attention at the very least. Had a nice bit of Irish folklore mixed with Christian illuminated manuscripts.

Not sure if it'll actually win anything, if Secret of Kells couldn't I won't hold out for this winning.

Now that's how you do a tragic ending.

It's funny, part of the reason elders of Afghanistan were able to be recruited to fight the Taliban was because the Taliban absolutely hated the 'tradition' of Bacha Bazi and would straight execute people who were caught.

If this movie is aimed at an older audience I hope it wins so it can hopefully clear the way for more adult animated movies

And honestly this shit looks like oscar bait in cartoon form if anything can beat the mouse/pixar it's this.

>Movie ends with the teacher coming out of her room after their wedding night and bathing in the same way that he was teaching the boys to bath after having sex to make sure they were clean.
Well that's unsetteling.

>I hope it wins so it can hopefully clear the way for more adult animated movies

The necessary budgets for 2D animation can't and won't be covered by adults alone, especially in the west.

Fuck Breadwinner; give the award to this.

normie likes = money
money = more movies like it

ergo oscar winning = more good animated movies
more good animated movies = happy Sup Forumsmrades

Riddle me this Sup Forums
If this did not win an award how will the same film but with a happier ending win?

>Expecting the guys who vote on these awards to have any kind of good taste or do research on any of the shit nominated.
Frozen probably won because "Oh, my grandchildren love that movie!".

Disney is pixar

Also of the 16 winners for this award Disney/Pixar has won 11 of them.

12 of you count the fact that Spirited Away was distributed by Disney in the US.

And of the 5 non-Disney/Pixar winners only Shrek and Spirited away (which again was distributed by Disney anyway) actually went up against another Disney/Pixar film that year and won. The others didn't even have Disney to compeate with.

So no, it's not a meme
This award is owned by Disney.

We should guilt the Academy into voting against Disney, like calling out the Catmull wage-fixing, or reminding them about their past relation with Harvey Weinstein, or pointing out Coco, a movie about Mexican culture, is directed by a white guy.

Remember the #OscarsSoWhite controversy? Let's do that but for animated films: #OscarsSoDisney.

What we should be doing is trying to get rid of this rediculous notion in the academy that animation is a genre first. never mind Disney's absolute rule, the award is fundamentally a joke to animation and only acts as a glass ceiling for this medium.

It's pointless either way at least for the next 20 or so years since any kind of protest against best animation will largely bee see as a bunch of losers complaining which kids movie wins an award

I could tell this was Ankama before I saw their name. Something about the colors and shading.

>Secret of Kells doesn't win
>Song of the Sea doesn't win
>Studio Laika never wins
>Big Hero 6 wins
The Oscars are a joke and I hope everyone who gets snubbed in animation can appreciate that.

I don't think you understand. The judges for this category literally do not watch the movies. They've gone on record saying they only bothered watching the Disney entries, and therefore voted for them.

There is zero chance of anything not Disney ever winning.

Pretty sure they've blatantly admitted that the judges didn't watch all the movies some years.

That doesn't shock me in the slightest/

>Brave beats Paranorman
Never forgive.

>Hair is showing
Dropped.

Both the Iraq and Afghanistan invasion are just a means to an end. The next war will take away any chances the middle east might have of ever becoming an economic powerhouse (unless the US decides to take the long route and invade Turkey, Armenia and Azerbaijan to block Iran from the North)

seems to be a common theme for that era and part of the world

that one just happens to be an animation

You can look at the comments of some of the voters and this is exactly how BH6 won despite it's very strong opposition that year

I'm sure you'll be right on the front lines of our newest pointless conflict in the Caucuses.

I hope it's good.

I dont get the joke

>I hope Angelina Jolie gives this an Oscar
The Academy changed the rules this year and now the entire body can vote on Best Animated Picture, not just the members in the industry. If you thought the award was locked to Disney/Pixar before, you haven't seen anything.

AMPAS needs to die. It has no requirement of proof the voters have seen the productions they're voting on and off the record interviews show it's a popularity contest. George C. Scott said "it's a meat show" and at this point a meat show would have more dignity.

>stop pushing this meme
The award was created because the rest of the industry got upset over Beauty and the Beast being nominated for Best Picture and the next year when it was RUMORED that Chicken Run (yes, fucking Chicken Run) was going to get nominated, they lost their shit collectively and said GHETTO THESE THINGS

So no, it's not a meme to call out this award as being aimed at one (combined) studio. When they start giving the award to movies the voters' kids didn't demand merchandise of we can treat it like an actual category and not an annual tribute.

>The judges for this category
Which is now the entire Academy, possibly because of this but don't expect the results to change because the number of voters got larger. This is an awards show where "foreign film" is a category to prevent the domestic industry from being threatened or the public to be encouraged to watch those films.

Would Walt be satisfied?

>Deus Vult
>M14
Out of all fucking guns, why that heap of shit?

While the source material for this film isn't as interesting to me personally as the fantasy fare that was the Secret of Kells or Song of the Sea, I really hope this film snags them a big award.

They do great work, they deserve it. Looking forward to checking this out even if Wolfwalkers has me infinitely more excited.
youtu.be/fZdv_f9f5Jo

You better not be implying that Chicken Run isn't fucking GOAT.

I will fight you.

Yeah I really like their style for fantastical set-pieces.

Chicken Run was shit.

Obvious, but still angering bait.

Stay mad you tasteless brainlets. Aardman has never made a bad movie.

The Academy is completely ignorant to anything made (or funded) outside of the US, it'd be nice but don't get your hopes up.

the fuk is that

These breads gets worse and worse every time. You should all be ashamed.
intentional typo is intentional

First Cartoon Saloon covers the Viking Invasions, and now the Irish Confederate Wars? Sign me up. I'm all for seeing a demonic version of Oliver Cromwell.

Only won because there was no Disney competition that year.

Coco have the award in the bag, because muh Mexican culture, diversity and all that jazz
Just like Zootopia won because muh racism.

This is another problem with the Disney stagnation of this award.

Zootopia absolutely deserved to win this year but it's win still seems lessened since Disney/Pixar already has a lock on these awards

>There is zero chance of anything not Disney ever winning.

Unless we hack the ballots or start a smear campaign against The Mouse.

They'll dismiss it as some "obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw".

This.

Dues vult

A french (cocorico) comic where humanity, represented by a bunch of retreated wrestlers and gangsters has to fight out the organised j̶e̶w̶ alien polymorph threat that is ingrained deeply in their society,which pretty much sucks ass because everyone is poor.Relies a lot on stereotypes,but I have no taste,so I enjoyed it a lot.Also my description sucks.Just go read it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7haS9XTOE70

it was preachy garbage made by SJWs.

>RUMORED that Chicken Run (yes, fucking Chicken Run) was going to get nominated
I love the idea of people shitting themselves at Chicken Run getting nominated over oscar bait drama #327

We all know which animated movie deserves the Oscar.

>There are actually people on Sup Forums that hate Chicken Run.

Is ISIS going to behead the producers and creators of the film?