Rip

rip
youtube.com/watch?v=pADmml8Z1Bc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8REihYxB5Y0
chrome.google.com/webstore/search/video blocker
youtu.be/M98tIe09WFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is YouTube intentionally committing suicide, or is it by accident?

I don't understand the youtubepocalypse. I still get videos if channels I don't even watch on my subscription page.

that's kinda sad.

The weird thing is now the "recommended" list don't even have any videos of the channel I'm watching anymore.

It's a shame, because I always liked these guys.

I'll support these guys in whatever way I can
One of the comfiest Youtube channels

Damn, I've never heard of these guys but even the hiatus video is cute

Get your shit together, YouTube.

I've been wondering for a while now how long it'll be before this video got made. Their videos used to get a few hundred thousand views and a couple breaking a million, now they are lucky to get thirty thousand on a video. It sucks because these guys are great and they make good content.

You should look through their stuff. They're fun.

They want to be Netflix. Unfortunately in all of their stupidity they haven't fully grasped that in spite of Netflix's popularity, that company has been losing quite a bit of money anyways.

They are turning what was a social media channel and systematically butchering it little by little.

Because it isn't censorship, it's just taking content they might not agree with and putting it well out of everyone's view.

>The weird thing is now the "recommended" list don't even have any videos of the channel I'm watching anymore.
Same here. How many times is FAMILY GUY L/RICK&MORTY/etc Stream going to freaking show up in my recommended videos?!!! Leave me alone, you fucks!!!

I personally don’t care for their format change. I like their Johnny T series they got going, and Uncle Joe is usually amusing, but beyond that their content hasn’t really landed. I love Mario but his word of the week doesn’t gel with me, it feels like filler.

I've just been clicking random videos of theirs.

The outdated jobs one killed me

Why does YouTube put Rec videos before comments when scrolling down? The QOL on that site has gone to shit.

>being a mobilefag

Neither; its more like the various entities involved on the Internet got caught into a Mexican Stand-off and shoots are being fired all around. Unfortunately, YouTube and Content Creators are taking the most numerous and most mortally damaging hits.

Well to be fair that's because the word of the week vids are just filler. They used to only make about one or two video's a month and those were the blogs. Making alot more of the shorter vids was their way of trying to put out more content.

>mfw half the shit on my recommended feed is bullshit I'd never watch

When there's a recommend list, it used to give me options based on topics similar to what I was watching. Now it's random pop culture garbage that I have zero interest in.

When did YouTube die?

Because all of the channels you used to follow almost don't show up anymore because Youtube's bot decided the content was "offensive" in some way or another.

Really though it's only offending the advertisers that don't want their products associated with certain videos. Namely "offensive" ones.

when networks started to notice a decline in their revenue and jumped on the youtube ship

Why can't any puppet shows survive nowadays?

>Every fucking "recommended video" for me is a listicle
>Have literally never watched one on my YT account
T-thanks youtube

What words are deemed offensive again? I know having black or gay in your title would demonize your shit, or even saying something like retarded in your video would demonize it. Has it gotten worse?

its selectively enforcing whide rules they refuse to define and can be applied to any video in the entire website
Hell now they delete videos that dont break the rules because they added a new rule that let them do that

I hate when that

there is a chrome extension that lets you block all videos from a channel, i use it and it works like a charm,, my current block list is 121 channels long

exactly. It's almost like the rest of real life when it comes to banking, money, buying cars, homes, and the like. They'll punish you for not knowing the rules, then when you try to figure them out you'll get punished even harder.

youtube.com/watch?v=8REihYxB5Y0
This is actual gold.

Link to the extension please?

chrome.google.com/webstore/search/video blocker
google died around 2013, it took youtube to hell with them

I keep blocking the channels with my add-one but new ones keep popping up. How many times is someone going to make a goddamn Family Guy Stream to pop up in my recs!

The existence of Youtube Red shows that they don't really grasp their own appeal, but to be fair it's hard to monetize random bullshit you find yourself watching at 3 AM.

Thanks user, you are awesome.

I was watching a Let's Play of spooky games last night/morning along with another tab of raining sounds. All of my recommendations today is all fucked up.

it only takes a minute to add a channel, i also block results from google search because whenever i search anything im hit with 3 pages of someone tryitng to sell me something or clickbait and i have adnauseum because fuck google and anyone who tries to advertise through them

Does the extension block Google search results too?

>TFW I'm such a small channel that I'm actually getting more views than I normally do due to the new algorithm

I feel like a fucking vulture but part of me is always kind of happy to see channels collapse in on themselves because it feels like there's more room at the top.
This one stings though- producing Sup Forums-style content on Youtube means putting in 10x as much work as every other channel to get 1/10th the views. These guys deserve better.

no

I really like Mario's puppet. It can express such a nice range of emotions.

Meh.

That has almost always been the case with Youtube.

>They want to be Netflix.
even worse they try to be hulu, there is nothing but family guy clips, its almost like we are in 2008 again

Hmm, meh.

I don't either. There's a subscriptions tab on the left that lets you look at all of the videos from your subscribed channels. I've never had to fuck with the bell either. Recommended videos have always been related to the last 10 or so videos I've watched too. Sure, I guess the featured content is unfriendly to small channels, but that's expected.

>taking senior engineering design class, towards the end we had to make fake commercials for our thing and put them on Youtube
>they're being presented to the class, you can see a couple of Sup Forums-lite political rant channels in the recommended videos sidebar
>this was a school computer in the room used pretty much exclusively to deliver lectures, not logged into any particular Youtube accounts

It's too bad, they're one of the more consistent channels in terms of quality, I wonder why people stopped watching.

Fuck it, I'm mildly Sup Forums-related. Self promotion time:
youtu.be/M98tIe09WFI

I've got a medium sized channel with about 60k subs. I've actually gotten no recent plummet of viewership at all from what I can tell. (I'm also only uploading once a week or every other week, so that might have something to do with it)

Link?

>black listing creators
>Taking bribes from the New York Times
>destroying their own user base
Remember when Youtube's biggest problem was crappy UI updates?

The recommended list has never been anything even remotely what I watch or have watched.

Sometimes it will be related to a google search I made, or to a video someone dropped into a chat.

>"BE NICE TO ME! I JUST LOST MY JOB!"

Hah.
Shame to see them go, they've got a decent sense of humor and they put in a lot of effort into what they do.
I always see fuckin' LETS PLAYERS, LIVE JOURNALS, and YOUTUBE DRAMA ALERT people unironically calling themselves "content creators" and how youtube's algorithm is fucking them, but it isn't, it's these guys like glove and boots who're really hurt and animators: people who actually produce original fucking content.

Hell no, not looking to be embarrassed on Sup Forums today. I can give you some proof, though. Assuming I didn't scribble out too much for this to be proof

>making an extra 1k a month
man I wish I had a personality

How long did it take you to build up that subscriber base? What kind of content do you make?

That was just last month. If it's interesting at all, my RPM suddenly jumped from about .50 to 1.10. I was making about 450$ a month in the few beforehand, with a 600$ thrown in every so often if I accidentally made something longer than 10 minutes. I assumed they were lining my pockets because I don't swear.

I had about 5000 that were sitting around since 2011 for a couple animated videos I made back then.
I picked it back up 2 years ago and gained about 5k more, but things really took off in 2016 because I started uploading more and adding more "series" to the mix.
All videos have really simply animated visuals based on the same fandom source. I don't think I would have this much attention without the popular fandom I'm riding on.

What kind of content are you making? Not looking to find you just curious what it takes to pull in those numbers. I'm the guy who posted his channel above.

It's bad flash animation. It's just the fandom content that draws them in. I hope when I start making more original shit that these kids stick around.

All my most popular stuff is from the few times I've delved into fandom-catering stuff...I've been gearing up to start creating an original series but I'm always tempted to just start chasing fanbases full time, it seems to be how everyone big got started.

When cable television forced their dumb late night talk show shit onto it. Or to go back even further, when they allowed monetization in the first place which meant the site was no longer filled with videos people made because they just wanted to.

Bit of both. They're listening to people who don't represent the majority of viewers, so when they change things it's usually for the worse.

>They're listening to people who don't represent the majority of viewers

Who are these people? In most industries, like comics, that seems to be SJWs, but I don't see how that would be the case here.

>it's hard to monetize random bullshit you find yourself watching at 3 AM.
fucking this, can anyone that doesn't have add blocker even recall any of the adds before a vid? I struggle to even think of one that registers, usually I click the link, go do something else for a minute, then come back to the screen to watch said vid.

Grammerly has proven quite useful for me at work, and I discovered that through a youtube ad.

There's also those mattress ads, but I'm not in the market for one and I don't know why Youtube thinks I am.

There was actually one time, where a video didn't appear in my sub feed for a channel that I would always watch. Funny thing though, it still appeared in my recommended tab, which is how I found out about it.

To make it all the more fuck up it won't go away till you dislike said video, so say Glove and Boots isn't your cup of tea but it keeps clogging your recommended links, the only way to get rid of it is to dislike one of their videos and then it gets pull off your list. To make matters worse let's just say you dislike only one video but wanted it to stay in the feed? Well it can't, it's gone. For how long? No one knows but I dislike a vid by mistake about 6 months ago and even though I'm subscribed to the creator it has never recommended a video from then since.

If you have add blocker it won't recommend vids the same way and usually takes you away from certain content.

>banking, byuing cars and homes is difficult and punishing
Goddamn, what scumbags do you do business with? The sales guy I bought my first new car from was really helpful and not in a fuck-you-over-to-get-commissions kinda way.

>people actually use YouTube's landing page and feed for video content browsing
>not just using the "subscriptions" list ordered by date

Do you guys sub to a billion trash channels or what? I can hardly find quality content creators that upload daily let alone weekly, and I have no problem finding every single video from the channels I subbed in that list.

>I can hardly find quality content creators that upload daily let alone weekly
The algorithm isn't helping that I can assure you.

I never bothered with recommended vids even 8 years ago, it was always unrelated trash. And if a video has the key words I search for, it shows up regardless of censorship or whatever the algorithm is doing. Besides, most of the stuff I watch and sub to is recommended by friends and jerks like you (thanks btw).

But I'm at like 200 channel subs, and only 15 or so actively update throughout the week on a regular basis. Not nearly enough content there that I can't spend like a minute a day scanning through a chronological list -- of stuff I know I care about -- that doesn't hide anything. I just can't fathom anyone using that miserable home page to find anything they subbed, let alone have its shitty recommendations bot be their taste-maker.

You know what really ruined YouTube for me a couple months ago? They changed how long my subscriptions list could be and forced me to load a landing page to scroll through them all. Fucking abysmal! Thank god they changed it back, holy shit.

You seem to be wanting to brag you do what everyone does in general. Did life hit you that low you want to brag you keep a tidy youtube sub or are you too autistic to understand many viewers either out of enjoy of the journey or careless curiosity follow recommendations to see where they lead?

Ah I see now. It is autism. I'll hold your hand like mummy to get you through this
many people use youtube as a means to pass the time and explore shit they might otherwise not try.
the old system was good for creators to ensure people got to see their new content got a recommendation based on the viewers habits
the new system makes it that only those that already saw you the first time get a recommendation, otherwise it's based on the most popular video's, not the viewers habits.
now go eat your tendies mummy made you.

The sleezy car salesman is cliche for a reason. but it's better than it used to be 20 or 30 years ago. In an age of customer reviews, underhanded sales techniques can come back to bite. There are still some out there, but I think most (including the guy I got my car from) try to do an adequate job.

Damn, who got your panties in a twist?

So your faggot lover ran off with another twink or you woke up with smaller tits after your fifth fennel ice cream and soylent sundae, I get it, but don't take it out on random anons trying to make conversation.

I hit a nerve with you. Sorry life will suck for you the next seven decades give or take.

god I hat how lets players call themselves content creators. they play someone else's content while providing mediocre imrpov.
youtube is set up for quantity over quality, it rewards you for churning out low effort garbage every week which is why all the tip videos are commentaries. commentating about videogames, blogs, internet drama, and anything else. commentating takes no effort, you have to give your opinion on someone else's content instead of creating your own and you can ramble on for 10 minutes every week to reach that quota.

Yeah, image macros really piss me off. Got anymore? I'm boiling over here.

what is this retardation
what are you talking about, user

>96334695
>96334781
The only autism this user sees is the Asperger's that fueled this "durr, aren't I just superior-then-thou" rant.

I get what your saying; l I personally never actually login to Youtube myself. As for my favorite channels I either: bookmark the channel landing page itself; bookmark the channels own webpage; or just remember the name and manual search for them.

Since google wants to use youtube to promote social justice, yes.

>tfw you saw they were uploading content but chose not to watch for whatever reason

It's totally intentional. Its to boost ad revenue on shit that's a sure thing by forcing repeat views of shit that's all ready popular and shit that's going viral. It just suffocates anything that doesn't have an insane amount of momentum or viewership.

Fucking this. Any hobby becomes tainted once the idea of it being equitable is introduced, and making stupid videos is no different.

sometimes i miss videos in my sub tab, they just don't appear, i go on reddit think "the fuck? why didn't this pop on youtube?" and then I forget about it and jack off becuase i don't care about content creators and thier woes, I don't have money to spare and if they want to launch a video hosting site they can. retards... all of you

>I don't care about youtube videos because whenever I find one I get distracted by the need to jerk off you retards
k

Their quality has really dropped. They went from monthly videos that were around 10 or so minutes in length to weekly 1 minute long videos that are mostly pointless.

7:08 I love that Fafa has a block tied to his foot so he can reach the gas pedal

>search random shit on youtube ten years ago
>usually lots of interesting stuff to dig through

>search random shit on youtube today
>obnoxious thumbnails with some numale fag's screaming face over elsa spiderman fidget spinner finger family shit

Seems like the power that advertisers have over TV is finally catching up to youtube.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to use Patreon yet

When more YTPs were being deleted than made

What I'm mostly wondering is, why tf is it called Gloves and Boots?

If I remember correctly it originally started as a street show (They live in NY) They walked around all day (the boots) and the puppets are the gloves

Make better videos and maybe people will watch your liberal crap again.

No, they're actually doing very well thanks to their new bullshit algorithm and so called "rules".

Youtube is the new TV, deal with it. In time someone will make a new platform and literally everyone will switch over to it, leaving Youtube to die in the hole it dug itself.

what's even more annoying is even if you use their official filtering tools to actually remove and try to you know 'filter' shit, there's still videos they won't 'let' you remove, videos that refuse to be removed from your suggestion tab that aren't even shit you actually watch or related to what you watch.

when google bought it. that didn't necessarily kill it straight away, but there was a sense that it was going to become the beginning of the end.

youtube gets pissy about patreon