Button Man Vol 2: The Confession of Harry Ex

Harry has woken up in an American hospital being cared for by his "wife." She offers him a job: work for her boss for one year as a Button Man, then retire from the public eye.
This time, the Game goes to the US

Other urls found in this thread:

bikerentalcentralpark.com/content/uploads/attractions/5823a140128bb_alice_in_wonderland_sm.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last Thread:

This one is a bit longer than the last one

Harry has made quite the mess

Visual recap of the last volume

False advertising, I forgot it was a house, not a hospital

This one was really good, even better than the first, I think the 3rd is my favorite though.

First difference: This Voice wants Harry to know who he is

The third is definitely my favorite as well

This is suddenly a spy movie

Bouts are significantly more visible in the US

While it's still fairly predictable I think plotwise this is stronger than the first, if only because Harry has a consistent cast to play against. The first I might prefer in terms of the action/tension scenes though.

Have you read any of the Psi-Judge Anderson stuff OP?

bikerentalcentralpark.com/content/uploads/attractions/5823a140128bb_alice_in_wonderland_sm.jpg

Not yet, but it is on my list when I dig into Dredd later this year

Ranson's pretty much my definitive Cass artist.

These sections seem pretty long for something in 2000 AD. I assume they were originally cut in half

The color contrast is really nice on this page of the printed book

This obviously isn't from the progs so now start/end markers but yeah probably. This one ran in 15 installments.

All this killing is seriously a problem

Ha, I decided to look up the cost of the first Psi Files trade (from 2009), and it is several hundred dollars in my country

The voices were such cheap faggots
>HURR DURR YOUR BUTTON MAN IS TOO GOOD I HAVE TO KEEP PAYING NEW ONES WAAAAH

I pretty much agree with you. The cast was better in this, but Harry was more of a machine

The ways in which the American button man game is different to the British one are clear without being given too much emphasis, which I think is pretty neat.

What are the rules regarding markers?

Marker's are your fingers. You are allowed to lose two fights and get joints cut off, but the third loss means death.
Since this guy lose two, they think he sucks

*lost two, christ my typing skills are gone

A pattern is emerging
and this is pretty cliche'd dialogue

tastefully covered nudity

This is a really nice page

Best character coming in

One thing I really like about Ranson is that he can both compose a really tight, condensed page and trip out with spectacle when the occasion calls for it.

fucking bitch.

That's some lazy disposal

Great use of paneling for the flashback

This guy lost two fights, hence the missing "markers"

NOT THE DOG

I missed the third cop the first time I read this, but he was back at the car a few pages ago

I was wondering where he came from

One good thing about the third volume is that it does away with the "boss who is going to betray you" plotline.
Instead, it's automatically 13 vs 1