I understand that the show was making fun of new-age spirituality and that Xavier was a chimera because of his...

I understand that the show was making fun of new-age spirituality and that Xavier was a chimera because of his snowflaky mismash of oriental religions and cultures and he finally become normal at the end (with the recuring symbol just being an inkblot) but why does the other humans look like chimeras at the end?

I personally don't think the ending was supposed to be taken literally. It's probably a metaphor about self esteem or some shit, I don't really know. Also why does everyone believe in that analysis video by Malmrose? It's barely an analysis and more of a sjw fan theory imo

I lot of what Malmrose says does make sense, but it not framed in the right context I think.

XRA makes fun of ideas by bringing them to their most absurd. It isn't trying to "Make a statement" as it is trying to be funny by making fun of new age spiritiality and political ideas of all types

I think the ending is just a gag on twist endings

His older analysis was way better. And the commentaries on the DVD were really good too. But someone else should definitely make their own analysis video or something because Malmrose's new one is pretty disappointing. He just kept making the same point throughout the whole video and didn't really go into that much depth. Also all the anti white shit was just plain retarded.

I would but I'm not good at analyzing things. But pretty much the entire show is heavily based off of Oedipus Rex by Sophocles, from him unaware that he killed his dad and trying to find the killer and fucking his mom, even down to the knitting old lady stabbing her eyes with sewing needles. And how the caveman episode was about Carl Jung's Shadow, with him confronting his inner weaknesses and impurities in his subconscious. Kinda like that song from Tool. I also think the Haunted Tonk episode and the Koko the gorilla episode are linked in a way. If you ever watched El Topo (what the gorilla episode was hinting at) basically what happens is that the little kid becomes his master as he grows old, and continues the same exact cycle of what happens at the beginning of the movie after riding away with the dwarf lady's child. It's called the Axiom of Maria or something I think. But anyways when it shows the older version of Xavier confronting his child self and later him with his own grandkid I think it's touching on the same idea of one as the fourth etc etc. I'm probably completely wrong but I thought it was interesting.

No idea what half the stuff you are referring to but you have my interest

I like what you said about the whole Oedipus and Carl Jung thing but I never fucking understood the Axiom of Maria. Maybe I'm stupid or something but that shit physically hurts my brain to think about.

I think it was just supposed to be part of the absurdism.

But if you want to take it metaphorically, you could say having sex with his mom made him denounce his spirituality, making him normal or 'cured.' The psychiatrist is a spiritualist/religious which is why he questions why Xavier thinks there was something wrong with him, and why he appears as Xavier's former self.

>the episode where xavier is apparently part of a long line of weird chimeras terrorizing freaks into becoming chimera themselves via soul transfer, until the end of the world is a bunch of monster chimera worshipping xavier

What did they mean by this?

Well there's a lot of ways you can interpret it but it basically means that when One becomes Two it's when two ideas come together and produce a third, so Two becomes Three. And when it says out of the Third comes the One as the Fourth it's pretty much saying that One, Two and Three make a triad, so ultimately One becomes Four, so Four and One are the exact same. think about how One is a man, when he becomes Two he gets with a woman, Three is their child who ultimately becomes his father to start the cycle over again, so out of the Third comes One as the Fourth.

I... dude what

Ultimately, there is a truly transcendent message that can be boiled down to a single phrase:

TASTE THE PAIN!

That's unironically the main tennant of buddhism, that life is suffering and one benefits from transcending from it than to only avoid it for hedonistic pleasures.

The gorilla episode? Honestly that ending is beyond me. Maybe it's supposed to be symbolic of false prophets? Or how people worship a "savior" just for him to die and they choose another to latch onto and so on. I'm not sure and I'm starting to think that the people who wrote that episode had no idea either so they purposely made it like that to fuck with us.

What.
Can someone dumb this down for me please

The (1) self meets the (2) opposite which creates a state of resolution/compromise (3)

Where (3) is neither (1) or (2) but a new consciousness altogether and becomes a new (1) in its own right.

cycles and changing of roles
I've never heard of this before and I understood it before

Thank you, I kinda get it now

You alternatively could say the fourth element is the family which is a singular entity

but wouldnt that imply that there is 5th element where there is the absence of the first three elements?

ayyy 46 and 2

Holy shit is that Maynard pixel art? That's fucking cool

>unironically the main tenant of buddhism

Fuck no, it's called tapasya. Siddharta Gautama didn't come up with it

>tfw this thread

Xavier doesn't have an ending you freak, it's only got a last episode. How can a show have an ending if it never had a plot to start with?

its not that deep

Holy shit you're right.

>"I'm not good at analyzing things"
>proceeds to dissect the literary and philosophical roots of the show
ok

Get past high school before posting first, champ.

That makes a ton of sense and now I'm intrigued. Thanks for your insight user.

>We only got one rule brah
>NO RULEZ
>Anyone caught with rules gets the Scarlet F

>Welcome to the US Army how can I help you?
>I need some of that disease you guys invented.
>Crack?
>The other one.
>Aids?
>That's the spice.

I think the show was constantly throwing out red hearings both literally and figuratively to the point where you really can over-analyze it to death, which is exactly what the show warns against. In the Damnesiavu episode with the barcode head the "Do you believe in god" line
is probably a reference to the claim from one of the parents of the Columbine victims that Edward or Dennis asked this question before blowing their daughters head off. Thoroughly debunked if I recall, but they got major publicity from the evangelical crowd for years.

Shit, you're actually fucking right about the El Topo thing.

Tenet. Tenant is the guy who rents your apartment.

And Tennant is pic related

This makes sense.

the barcode part was spooky because i remember hearing so many conspiracies on how barcodes were "666" somehow