What are your thoughts about DCAU Batman and DCAU Superman as characters, Sup Forums...

What are your thoughts about DCAU Batman and DCAU Superman as characters, Sup Forums? They're pretty much the main characters of the DCAU. Although I guess if you were a cynical Superfag you could say that Batman's the sole main character and Superman is merely the most important supporting character.

Regardless, they both got their own shows, something no other DCAU character got, and they both go on to have further development in other shows. Do you think they're good characters? Good adaptations of the comic book characters?

Batman/Superman: World's Finest is, to me, the definitive "first meeting" story. Christ, I love everything about it.

>You peeked.

DCAU Batman and Superman always felt like the best of O'Neil's Batman and Byrne's Superman condensed really well for the cartoon format, so I would say they're pretty good.

I like how they are truly best friends in the show. Despite all the shit they give each other it's really obvious.

The DCAU guys really deserve a lot of credit for nailing Superman. He's not a boring boyscout and he's not a gritty edgelord. He actually has a personality. He's intelligent and he has a great sense of humor and feels like an ace reporter but still a small town farmboy but still a guy that's been to alien galaxies.

Batman is obviously great too but they pulled a lot from Englehart and O'Neil. A great Superman is more rare.

>Bruce/Lois shit
>Good

Oh get over it. It's not like Bruce was ever going to take the relationship very far, and Lois knew it too. She was just tired of the farmboy dragging his heels.
They were all friends at the end and Lois and Clark were together in JLU

>I don't like this ship so this show sucks

do you understand how retarded you sound?

>It's not like Bruce was ever going to take the relationship very far, and Lois knew it too.
Didn't she almost moved to Gotham to be with Bruce?

And they knew each other for, what, a week?

>Didn't she almost moved to Gotham to be with Bruce?
Now you're just making shit up

Your choice of words would lead one to assume that you are implying that she is only pursuing a relationship with this wealthy man for the sake of the financial benefits.
Please, for the court, are you in fact saying she's a gold digger?

I love DCAU's Batman but the Superman show is the one I keep rewatching. It has some clunkers but what a well written Superman, I can't think of a single Superman episode I don't enjoy at some level.

I hadn't watched Superman TAS when I watched the Captain Marvel episode of JLU. It turned me off of watching it for years

What they did with Supes in JLU was really pretty interesting. He was being attacked from almost every angle, even sometimes by his allies, and you could see the strain of it getting to him. It's a great lesson on how to make Superman struggle in a way that doesn't involve just inventing a foe so powerful he can't one punch it.

I don't blame you at all but! Superman TAS doesn't depend on JLU at all and it has a different voice actor so it's easy to ignore one of those shows if you don't like the other.

JLU isn't as good as Superman TAS, so desu I'd really recommend you check out a season 1 episode of Superman. I would recommend "Fun and Games," it's a nice capsule episode and it shows that Superman has lots of limitations while still being a good guy.

And he doesn't let himself get clowned by Lex Luthor!

>Please, for the court, are you in fact saying she's a gold digger?
Well, DCAU Lois did hook up with Luthor, and that Luthor was a well-known crook.

I do think DCAU Lois was a gold digger.

STAS also gets a lot of credit for portraying Supes as being able to out-think or out-maneuver enemies instead of just beating them with brute force.

The Mister Mxyzptlk episode is a great example. Supes is completely out of his element against an infinitely more powerful being, yet manages to come up with a clever way to deal with MM every time through tricks, bluffs, and cons.

>they both got their own shows, something no other DCAU character got

Fake news.

>best friends
Batman is Superman's best friend, but Batman's best friend is Jim Gordon

My nigga. That shit was my favorite episode of the whole damn series.

Superman's best friend is Jimmy Olsen. And then comes Pete Ross. And THEN comes Batman.

>implying batman's best friend isn't "john"

This was like one of the only movies I had as a kid. Probably watched it a hundred times. Definitely shaped my love of the genre

>DCAU Batman

How do I feel about Bruce Timm's self-insert?

I've actually been watching a lot of Superman modded into GTA 5 videos the last few days because of JLA hype.

Apparently the first thing most (or, y'know, all) people do is slaughter a ton of people, destroy cars and planes, derail trains, and fly around slamming into all sorts of shit because they can. They basically become Zod from Man of Steel, but without the whole war-mongering grief motivation.

I tried to find one guy who played 'world of cardboard' style, walking rather than zooming around and smashing shit because it's hard to control superspeed, grabbing and safely putting down endangered pedestrians, ect. Didn't find a single one.

How come? Because DCAU Supes is a bit grumpy?

>not Justice.
>Or... his dick.

I am disappoint.

That pic doesn't have anything to do with the cartoon except being set in the same universe. The comic adaptation was a hundred times better.

9/10 episodes were Superman out punching someone.

Why the The New Batman Adventures were so shit? Even the art was butchered compared to the adventures of batman and robin.