Paranatural Duckpond

>aaaand commercial break
>:0

Next comic: the BIG REVEAL, which would probably be more exciting if we hadn't already figured this out two fucking years ago.

Wait so who is it?

Max's sister.

Principal, we saw her in the previous page.
Can't be a coincidence.

man i dont even give a shit about this ugly ass comic anymore

Christ, I haven't kept up at all, how the hell did the style degrade this badly? Why even add color if it's just going to be flat and dull? What happened to his decent grasp of pacing and action?

Is the President a bully?

>"Isaac seemed sure it wasn't."

Yeah, but he also doesn't give a shit about you two anymore and is abandoning ship, have you ever thought of that?

wooooooo. get hip for hypefuck.

Where did it all go so wrong? I remember being excited for updates even during the train arc. Now I'm just exhausted, but I keep coming back because like a shady drug dealer Zack gave us the good stuff at the beginning and has been cutting his product more and more over time.

Is it squandered talent? Did he ever really have talent, or was it all a fluke? It couldn't have been. I think he just hooked up with some really bland creators and assimilated. Also probably consumes too much anime.

Just refresh my mind. Have we learnt anything important over the last 2 years that meant we couldn't just skip to this? Only thing that comes to mind is Isaac going full crazy. Which could have just been done later.

>Also probably consumes too much anime.
That would've explained the increasingly obnoxious anime shoe-horning since this chapter...at least when the old chapters made jokes about anime tropes, the jokes were funny enough to stand on their own.

Speaking of which, this spills onto Isaac's character who's supposedly a mirror of shōnen protagonists. He may parrot such characters' tropes, but at least he also had a likeable, grounded human side to him too:

>Chapter 3
>Isaac shows off his weather powers to Max
>Isaac also excitedly shows him the Slanted Manse the same way other kids share their vidyas

>Chapter 4
>Isaac goes "NANI?" finding about Johnny saw his lightning
>is also legitimately afraid about the consequences of said reveal (especially being a muggle-born)
>soften himself when Max asks him about his past troubles in their almost bro-talk

...but now, we have this - said page while giving more of his POV, also reduced him to an almost mere caricature. At least we know Mort (of KC Green's Anime Club) was an asshole to his clubmates from the start, what the excuse here? The official art about him even puts salt on the wound - "LOLOL ISSAC LUVS NRTO N SINGS MIKU FKIN WEEB" as if it's the only thing that defines him...felt disappointing, really.

I have never seen it nor heard of it before, but the first thing I thought was "whoever draws this really should make a small investment at BlamBot."

But apart from the distracting lettering the art isn't terrible. The staging is even pretty reasonable.

Remember back when we were wondering whether Isaac watched anime and whether his anime-esque mannerisms were intentional? Now it's way too obvious.

What was the point of her?

This page is a pleasant surprise solely because I was expecting the focus to shift to Zarei again. This is better than that at the very least.

Zack imagined a scene where a background character would go meta and try to be in the front for once. And then he inserted the scene with terrible pacing and execution. It shouldn't have been in the comic in the first place.

Zack deciding that his spaghetti pot of a story needed even more noodles.

EEAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Kek. Every time

You need to understand that this used to be a top tier webcomic. It was on track to match up to Unsounded eventually.

THREE

THREE WHOLE BACKGROUNDS

The art is absolute garbo compared to the older chapters, look it up. You won't believe your fucking eyes.
Literally nothing. Zack tried to do meta humor but it happened completely out of nowhere and only ended up dragging out this chapter even longer. Not that it matters to him though, his twitter crowd will keep sucking his dick till the end of time as long as he keeps the LGBT characters.

Becomes important in chapter 12.

My grandchildren will appreciate the callback.

his art used to e dynamic, and full of life, but then he found out Sup Forums liked it and he made it shit.

True story, not even making it up.

Token conspiracy nut.

No, that's the genius of it: the people who figured it out two years ago have long forgotten about it.

Romance line.

Zack needs a fucking editor

I have no fucking idea who it's supposed to be, the fucking page was two years ago. Can someone look it up? Was it the principal like the hack fraud fucking """"""""foreshadowed"""""""" in the most obvious way?

You know what, instead of asking you guys, I looked it up while writing. It was only 1.5 years ago, so my bad I guess. Doesn't this imply that Hijack is totally capable of not acting like a fucking sperg and can imitate someone, even down to their mannerisms/memories? Isn't that a contradiction compared to what he did before?

Honestly I don't fucking know anymore.

>I have no fucking idea who it's supposed to be

Then you're fucking retarded considering the character appeared on the previous page and this comic is known for only putting the minimum possible amount of relevant characters plus a shoddy gradient into every single panel.

I mean in the context of refering to a scene that happened a year and a half ago, like it's some moment where the reader is supposed to go "oh snap", also I'm literally refering to the principal in the next sentence or two.

In short, no u.

He went from comedy phase to shit just got real phase.

I remember two years ago some people on Sup Forums saying Hijack being the principal was stupid and Zack couldn't go that low.

Haha this comic is fucking shit.

Came here just for this

It's the only reason anybody comes here. I don't think anybody in these threads is actually truly enjoying the comic anymore, it's all about the AAAARRRGGGHHHposting.

>want to make a lengthy constructive criticism video on paranatural
>Making my own webcomic shit so kinda worried it'd come off less as a genuine critique and more like some jelly rival asshole or a salt loaded drama queen

Wat do?

>want to make a lengthy constructive criticism video on paranatural

why

Because I feel like if zack heard it from a more concentrated source instead of Sup Forums he might take it to heart and actually improve?

I doubt that. The two biggest problems are pacing and lower art quality. The first is almost unfixable barring a reset or a long-term concentrated action that might take a whole chapter. In that case he would need a dedicated editor who could rework his story, rewrite it in a better framework and then keep Zack on track. Almost a full-time job. The second is (supposedly) a matter of physical health and can't be improved unless he hires a background artist or something, again a full-time job. He also did some really shitty paneling recently, so I guess that's something you could address.

What's your webcomic anyway. Maybe you're even more shit than current Zack.

Whatever happened to the guy who did Vibe? Their friendship really benefited Zack.

Does anyone have the pie chart?

We noticed Zack stopped following Dan on Twitter a few years ago. And I think someone in these threads claimed Dan said in a stream Zack wasn't answering emails asking for full resolution images of his guest comics or something.

Just don't affiliate it with your comic. Post it with a different screen name and don't go around telling people that you're the person who made both your comic and the video.

You feel wrong. Artists are dumb as fuck. That's why they're artists instead of doctors, scientists, engineers, etc. people who really make a difference.

Do it, put it on a Tumblr so it can gain traction with Zack's fanbase.

What is the point of this? Three years have passed from the start of the chapter and we still have no idea what the fuck Hijack wants.

Hijack wants to-AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH

He's probably gonna shut down the evil anime student council.

You know I don't even remember when Hijack "left" jeff. I don't remember anything of what happened. I remember some interminable dodgeball game with the Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct gay boy, and then just fuzz until the most recent chapters.

the principal.

>chapters
This is still the same one.

I've said this again and again, he should have limited his subplot intake for one chapter. The first 3 chapters were good at this.

Destroy all of our wrists!
DESTROY ALL OF OUR WRISTS!!

Fuck.

Just do it on a burner youtube or whatever. Who cares who you are.

Halloween draw from last year.

Paranatural is slowly going to turn into a comic about just Mina and Day. Emphasis on slowly

>Another pastel-colored slice of life mess with people of colored lesbians
>Author specifically said he wants to make Sup Forums hate his comic
Yeah sound about right.

Remember when we used to get high at the dream of pic related? Good times.

Remeber when he used to do those hype livestreams with another web comic artist, man those days were hype, he'd put shit in the background, the release were consistent...

He doesn't do livestreams anymore? Why are people still giving him money on Patreon when the quality of this webcomic has only decreased?

I doubt they get early previews of pages before they're released becau-AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Why are people still giving him money on Patreon when the quality of this webcomic has only decreased?
Dude, brown lesbians where one is blind and the other's a muslim

SO PROGRESSIVE!

I never noticed these prints up on the shop.

Day is cute though.

CUTE!