So, how's Batman Beyond Rebirth so far? Is it at least okay?

So, how's Batman Beyond Rebirth so far? Is it at least okay?
Why do I never see it being storytimed?

It ended user

I asked because I saw a Batman Beyond solicitation for January 2018, so it is clearly a lie.
Why are you lying to me, user?

Im reading it. No it has not ended. Terry just fought with Damien. So that was pretty cool. I like it so far. Its not amazing. But its still fun

Do I have to read anything else? Or could i jump in from Rebirth one-shot?

>Jurgens

Still using the Futures End spin off version for the Rebirth book was a bad idea. The Damian arc was kinda decent but the book needs more world building and compressed storytelling.

It spun from the New 52 series, which started with Futures End and was pretty awful, but it more or less tried to return to the status quo in Rebirth and you can try reading it from Rebirth one-shot.
You should read up what was in the New 52 run on Wikipedia though, some things will be confusing otherwise.

The first two arcs were decent.

First was about the 'Jokerz' trying to resurrect the Joker

Second was about Terry fighting Damian

Past two issues have been shit fill-ins though. Especially the most recent. God awful

Eh, while it was a bad idea, I wouldn't want yet another shaky reboot of the comic.

Shitty ripoff.

>Phantom

>when you realize Phantom predates Batman and Batman wouldn't exist without him and The Shadow
>70 years later Batman Beyond ripped off Phantom 2040
pleb

It's alright with its moments, like the appearance of the son of Matches Malone.

Huh. This old fucker had a son?

Matches Malone was a ladies man til the end.

Thanks, also nice digits.

This is the main thing that keeps me away from it. It borrows way too much from Bruce’s legacy and does nothing with the characters from Beyond or something to expand on them.

I got the rebirth one shot in my pull and cancelled it then and there. The art is absolute ass and I wanted no parts of that. Picked up issue one because I wanted to see if I was wrong and never felt more secure in a decision in my life.

Im just waiting to see Ten appear in December's royal flush gang arc

I kind of like it, but I'm annoyed by the fact that comics set in the "present" keep making references to several alternative futures, and not one has anything to do with Beyond.

Barry and his twins, Batwoman as "SHIELD", Titans of Tomorrow Tim, the sons and daughters of the Justice League, and some others I might be forgetting.

I'd really like it if DC would make Beyond a bit more canon in other books. At the moment it sort of feels like an elseworlds book.

Well, Batman Beyond always was based on DCAU Earth.