"Slade" is a better name for a villain than "Deathstroke"; for once, censorship made it better...

"Slade" is a better name for a villain than "Deathstroke"; for once, censorship made it better, albeit by a happy accident (they weren't allowed to used the word death).

"Deathstroke" sounds lame and tryhard, like a username someone would put on their Xbox Live gamertag while guzzling Mountain Dew and playing an xtreme skating game . "Slade" sounds cool and smooth and mysterious, like slate rock.

They're both terrible.

Grow up, virgin.

You're on a forum full of virgins that discusses comics and cartoons.

Agreed 100%. Sup Forums just hates the Teen Titans cartoon so much they even shit on the objective improvements, let alone the subjective ones.

His full name's even worse. "Deathstroke the Terminator"- it just screams comic book, and not in the good way. I agree that ditching the alias and just going with Slade was a good idea, the alias was an artifact better left in the past.

Wasn't as big a fan of the vaguely supernatural powers he got later in the series, though. I get that this was really the only plausible way they could keep him threatening- if the show couldn't get the word "death" past the censors, Slade's canonical skill with firearms and blades was DEFINITELY out. Still, it kind of negates some of his appeal as a villain when he has powers to fall back on. Him being such a threat to the Titans by being nothing more than a really smart, really competent opponent was a much more interesting angle, in my opinion.

What kind of retard Assassin uses his REAL NAME.

There's only enough room for one character with death in the name

Where do you practice your deathstroke?

In the deadpool.

Its not like he'd be in the phone book, user.

I'm aware that its his real name but I'm still fond of the cartoon version where "Slade" was seemingly an alias and his real name and identity were a mystery.

What the fuck was his end game? All his did was play dress up and mess around with children. Then the one time he actually takes over the city with Terra all the people leave and it's empty so what was the point?

>can't have a character named Deathstroke in your show because small children's eardrums will implode if they hear the word death
>it's okay to show him fall into a pit of lava and die onscreen though

Why not?
When the show was written he had ever been charged with a crime and had always managed to skate out of any charges brought against him. He had a family (mostly deceased). He had a military record. He had a public life and a private life. It wasn't till Identity Crisis/Infinite Crisis/Johns Titans that Deathstroke became the mustache twirling supervillain most new readers and cartoon fans think he's supposed to be.

He's gay and wanted Robin to be his thunder thighs apprentice

He turned Jump City into a police state and was probably preparing his army to expand into other territories

But then Terra killed him and when he returned, his only goal was to serve Trigon long enough to get properly resurrected

What did Marv Wolfman and George Perez think of the 2003 series? Did they like it or hate it?

Okay but why did he fill the city with so much fog?

Given that they were both occasional writers on the show, what do you think?

Atmosphere

Teen titans was a show that started off rusty in season 1, being generally dismissed as anime-wannabe fodder, but eventually gained a dedicated fanbase through the darker themes, storytelling, and character development in the later seasons.

>in the later seasons.
You mean in the second half of season 1. Only the first half could really be described as "rusty" (though the 2nd episode is already on many favorites lists, for example).

I agree completely.

So mysterious...

Would have been nice to get a payoff final episode deal with a few justice league members. We could have had slade vs robin and batman, but instead the biggest thing we got was trigon and a teen titans whatever branch teamup.

i always prefer that people use some restraint, some class

i'm fine with explicit sex and violence, but to think that simple gore is cool, and that simple floppy vajajays hanging out is sexy is childish

thats the reason i dont think dan vs wouldve been better if it was allowed to be as crude as family guy - there was an interesting contrast between the real nature of the show and the family friendly nature of the hub that made the show really spicy

Is Batman seriously better? It sounds like a furry faggot who lives in him mom's basement. I wish they'd censor his name and just call him OP.

Aliases are for tools, user. A true gentleman lets his victim know the real identity of his killer.

I like Slade as the name he goes by when he's standing in for Doctor Doom or as the man behind the curtain. Deathstroke for his mercenary work though.

>the real identity
ok you ARE aware Le Tueur isn't a surname and means "the killer" right

>vs robin and batman
There was an actual embargo on Batman during the show's production run which is why we only see him for a few frames IN SILHOUETTE in "Sladed." Also by that point the show was really hammering home the idea of the team (and the other teen heroes) being the vanguard so it would have been going back on that to adults ex machina the story. I get what you're saying, but even if they'd gotten to do season 5 it would have stuck to what they were doing.

What faggotry is this thread? Stop jerking off to this cartoon and read a damn book

You haven't watched the show, have you? That is his name, Jean-Claude Le Tueur. They specifically say he chooses not to have a code name because he feels he's above it.

Originally when he was referred to, they usually dropped the Deathstroke and called him as the Terminator or just Terminator. You can thank james cameron for fucking that up.

I agree. I also love the mystique the show gave him, instead of "really good assassin."

The show also did Brain justice.

I haven't watched the show but my point remains that the show's taking the piss if his legal birthname is "Jean-Claude The Killer."

The point of Deathstroke has always been that nobody could ever prove in the court that Deathstroke and Slade are the same person. Pick up a comic, cartoonfags.

That's a completely losable point and his current run doesn't depend on it either. This isn't like drastically altering a powerset to the point of making a new character just as valid.

The whole show's a parody of old comic books and cartoons, so yeah. Besides, actual stories do this with character names too, like Darth Vader (father) or pun names like Harleen Quinzel.

I crippled man can point out another man in a wheelchair you know

Most lethal assassin in the world. Whose gonna fuck with Slade?