Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

I know I can't be the only one bothered by how much they're downplaying Superman, can I?

They shouldn't have brought in Whedon, they should have let Snyder finish his film. I don't say this as someone who likes Snyders films, I say this because that way this would be be a cap on his shit as opposed to a weird twisting into whatever they want the DCEU to be in the future.

In the future just retcon or ignore what Snyder had established and we pretend it never happened like they are with the WW stuff

ONE THREAD

ONE THREAD

They’re saving his reveal for his big scene in the movie so people will go spread the word that “Superman stole the show” just like they did with Hulk in Avengers. It’s smart marketing.

You do have to commend a big studio like WB for showing restraint and not plastering Superman all over the marketing campaign.

No ones like what they've done to superman, hence why MoS and BvS were failure.
On the other side every one like Batman despite the fact that he's a complete retard in BvS.

>From the studio that brought you Fist Fight, CHiPS, Going in Style, Unforgettable, Max 2: White House Hero, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Everything Everything, The House, Annabelle Creation, The Lego Ninjago Movie, and Geostorm
Gee I wonder

Did I time travel to November? The fuck

Only on half of it

Cyborg.

Try being a GL fan.

I still can't get over how shitty this Cyborg looks, whoever thought he should be just a mess of polygons and edges should be shot.

There were so many versions to pick from if they wanted a "realistic" or whatever fucking hell

Who the fuck did the "You Can't Save the World Alone" bit? That looks like complete ass.

The face of a man who lived his dream and got nothing out of it but universal hatred and a dead daughter

jesus, how pathetic do you have to be to make that image and post it?

some user

dude, someone killed snyder's daughter to remove him from the movie lol

I'd commend them more if they were hiding Batman or Wonder Woman. Hiding Superman is just dumb.

CHAD

here's the only "good" parts of the movie

>Superman. In a cellphone video. Several little kids interviewed him: What is the best thing on Earth? Before he answered, it cut to Lois waking up on bed. People mourned Superman. It's said that Superman fans would really love this scene, very emotional and moving.
>Ancient war. Human, Atlanteans, Amazons, and Green Lanterns fight against Apokolips invasion. This scene was said to remind people of the Battle of Five Armies, really great.
>Bruce recruited Barry. Diana recruited Victor. Arthur refused. Steppenwolf was spotted under Gotham Bay. 4 heroes decided to fight him. James Gordon rooftop scene in the trailer.
>Steppenwolf took the scientists including Silas Stone from STARLab. He said they had the smell of Mother Box, and asked where it is. Most of them were killed. Silas refused to say anything. Before Steppenwolf killed him, the League came. The tunnel fight scene in the trailer.
>“Push some people and run away” was just before this battle. Cool tunnel fight scene. Batman asked Alfred to send Nightcrawler to help him.
>When Cyborg took control of the Nightcrawler, he fired a missle to Steppenwolf. But Steppenwolf took it with hand and threw it to the wall. It's under Gotham Bay and the water flooded into the tunnel. Aquaman appeared and controlled the water.
>Cyborg tracked Steppenwolf somewhere in Russia. He said it needed a lot of energy to seperate three Mother Boxes so he needed to be there. The League prepared.
>Aquaman “ I think we are all gonna die” scene. He said he was still young and lonely and really afraid that he might die in the battle. And he told Diana that she was so beautiful and such a strong skilled warrior and a lot. Maybe he was not yet with Mera at this point, anyway.
>Then, he found that all he touched the Lasso of Truth by accident, and that's why he just said everything he thought.

so many colors

VIRGIN MANLETS

>He warned Barry not to tell these words to anyone, or he would introduce Barry to all kinds of man eating fish in the ocean. Barry said he didn't hear anything after “gonna die”.
>Final battle. The League walked out of Flying Fox scene in the trailer. Fight.
>Flying Fox, Nightcrawler and Batmobile were all badly damaged in the film.
>Superman was only showed in that cellphone video.
>And it said that Steve was refered and the scene was really sad, no detail though.

Why would you commend them for poor marketing? Neither of those characters is "dead" so there's no reason, however ice-thin it is for Superman, to hide them. Specifically Wonder Woman coming off of the summer she had at the Box Office.

You just know

Because that'd be a bigger risk. I'd respect a riskm but plastering Batman over everything as per usual does not endear me to them.
Cuz I'm tired of Batman.

>Ancient war. Human, Atlanteans, Amazons, and Green Lanterns fight against Apokolips invasion.

Stopped reading there. Wanna know how I know you're full of shit? You didn't mention Zeus.

That their careers are over and this is the best they're ever going to get? Yeah we all know

t.marvel cuck

You usually do something risky for the reward. Not including batman arbitrarily because some user is tired of batman and doesn't understand the concept of risk/reward is just a poor business decision.

>That their careers are over
According to who? The useless sack of shit posting anonymously on a the internet?

so you say their careers are over?

No Superman when huge swaths of audience would rather he just stay dead isn't a risk.
No Batman when he's the biggest pleb bait they have would be poor marketing, but it is still be a risk,

Nice try but a bit sloppy. Only one person said that in this thread user. You attempting to play the "I know you are but what am I" card doesn't exactly work there.

Were you homeschooled or did you not ever learn how to properly employ schoolyard banter? Because that's low level shit.

But why take a risk when there is no reward?

this risks are stupid and ultimately pointless

Disney's figured this out a long time ago and now make billions on a single movie

>The leaks were real

Sup Forums and reddit BTFO!

it's from the half hour China "premiere" retard

>what went wrong?

M I S C A S T

user says "the only good parts of the movie" and doesn't mention Zeus and I'm the retard? Nah faggot, you're an idiot or that user himself.

I would pay good money to watch Ben and Henry absolutely destroy Gal.

Well you don't remember when people were saying that BvS is the Donald Trump of blockbusters kek

>tfw it's another bait thread, but you choose to ignore it and answer earnestly as a DCEU fan.

This, basically, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy the hell out of the movie. Hyped as fuck.

What is wrong with Ezra Miller?

That'll never not piss me of. Nevermind Justice League, it looked like Whedon trash in the trailers, but BvS was one of the few genuinely antifascist movies to come out of Hollywood and arguably the only one to come out of the superhero genre. It's portrayal of post 9/11, pre Trump America is only becoming more resonant as time goes on and the amount of insight it had into a culture slowly turning towards fascism is incredibly impressive for for movie with such a low brow subject matter.

It's really weird how many shitpost Justice League threads are on this board the last few months. Fact is that it's not even fun to be here anymore because it's obvious Marvelshilling at its best. Now I can understand Marvel and DC fans having decent discussions about the movies but this is blatant spam and shilling

Can't the fucking mods do their jobs for once and just ban these fucking idiots? Why even make a thread about things you hate at all? It's beyond me why someone would waste their time like this

>Superman was only showed in that cellphone video.

You mean no resurrection? Because we know that's happening user.

retard you not fooling anyone

But user people going into it with this mindset:
>for movie with such a low brow subject matter.
is precisely the problem.

It's why "yeah I just didn't get it, snyderfag" is always thrown at anyone who defends it. It's not about understanding its about being receptive to what your viewing rather than making sure it met expectations.

People complained it was "dour" or "too dark" (tonally, but also visually) or that it was "boring" and didn't have enough action to fit it's title. The problem is I've heard people levy these complaints at everything from the Godfather to the Matrix movies. They don't matter because they aren't content based. The ideas presented in the film definitely resonate with the daily events of real world. If professional reviewers hadn't viewed this movie as escapist than they may have been able to see the INCREDIBLE (I'll fight anyone who disagrees with me IRL on this) technical feats with camera work, choreography, framing and scene construction. The best choreography isn't even any of the fights, it's Batman meeting Superman at Lex's party as wonder woman snakes through the crowd in the back of the frame and lex approaches standing perfectly under the crooked halo. "Lol fuck christian imagery" does not make the crooked halo's placement and the choreography of everyone involved less stunning.

The movie is full of scenes and moments like that. If even one reviewer noted Clark's S-Curl dropping right before his sacrifice I'd have believed they even took it seriously as an escapist piece.

People wanted to hate it because it wasn't comfy. and many people im sure just don't like the actors or the portayals or the movie, many dislike snyder, but the amount of pure hate that movie got was absolutely absurd.

Their careers were over before the failed Dcue, but now they still dead

t.mousshill

no there's no more footage of him in the half hour premiere

Much love bro. you have some stamina. I stopped engaging a year ago.

Ohhh, right, wow, they fit a lot in that first half hour. Thanks user. Wasn't expecting the resurrection in the first half hour or even first hour.

But most of those movies were good? I don't know what you're implying user

Yes, it was. And it's very unfortunate, the current movie going climate doesn't reward ambition, we're seeing very much the same thing, do with much better critical reception, with the new Blade Runner, another fantastic movie that's just too long and too bleak to appeal to the general audience.

What dissapoints me is that professional critics didn't know better. Even if you scoff at the subject matter, which is fair enough, as a critic you should be able to at least respect the craftsmanship around it.

It's all just a bit sad, it's honestly the closest the genre has to an epic, it's own The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

it's not the first half hour it's just a half hour of footage from the movie

I'm generally broken and beaten down by the constant shit flinging towards it myself. Just sometimes comes back lol. There is so much to not just like in that movie but to love.

>closest the genre has to an epic
Is a very major distinction many people should have also made. It's very operatic, down to the shouting angel voices in the climax of the music Particularly superman's music as it contrasts with the soft lullaby harmonizing. The track that plays as he kisses lois goes from the MoS lullaby harmonizing to the dramtic climax while he's stabbing and getting stabbed by doomsday and then turns back into angelic mourning.

The song alone can give me chills. The fucking movie got such a bad rap. And I somewhat get it, even more so when I consider the expectations and general social environment we live in. It just sucks you're not allowed to say parts of it are actually great without being called insane or having shit taste for appreciating craft.

You're subject to vitriol for even daring to not hate this movie.

I get why people dislike the Marta scene, I do, but I see it as the "high drama" opera reveal moment.

It looks like it's becoming a cult classic and maybe that's the best we can hope for. There's an audience for it, it's just not really the kind that usually goes out to the movies to watch a superhero flick.

You mean beside the obvious, right?

I'd go in halfsies on that with you.

tumblr gays are cancer.

This happened and mousefriends still haven't recovered. The shitposting is only going to get worse

Rose Army are Pedofiles,
rose mcgowan

she knew that a convicted pedophile Silva raped a child and filmed it,yet she spoke fondly of him and said it was none of her business.

The Green Lantern reveal in the third act was pretty impressive. But I'm still bewildered that they went with Jessica Cruz and G'nort!

This is literally betrayal.

>DC snubs The Flash for years never giving the hero the attention it deserves
>CW show makes the hero popular while DC focuses on just Batshit
>Now they are finally giving the hero ((Attention)) now that he is popular

Henry's boobs are bigger than Gal's

>DC Snubs Flash by giving him a show, which most DC characters don't have, and even though Arrow reached success as well Queen isn't being put into movie.

You CW flash fags are the worst.

They tried the "Suicide Squad is going to flop Doctor Strange will destroy it hahahaha" last year and got BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

They tried the "Wonder WOman is shit it's going to flop so hard hahahaha" this year and got BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

They expected GotG2 and Homecoming to break a billion, but they were shit and they didn't, even though both of those flicks faced literally no competition for entire months.

So no they are trying this. We know they are shills, so just do like I do, torrent all marlel movies and go see the X-Men and DC ones. It brings me happiness to think about them reading that Suicide Squad destroyed Winter Soldier without China and shit like that

"I thought she came with you."

>what went wrong
The condom broke and here you are.

>DC gave him a show
Kek, no they didn't. You don't know shit. The reason The Flash got a show is because DC specifically told CW that they can't use Batman or Superman so CW replaced Batman with Arrow and Superman with Flash. The only reason Flash is now popular is because DC didn't want to promote it.

What the fuck, who even saw Wondy?

>You don't know shit.
and then proceeds to say
>DC specifically told CW that they can't use Batman or Superman

Their various legal disputes and contracts keep them from using Batman and Superman as they wish.

Also the fact that you're still sticking by the insinuation that DC couldn't shut that shit down RIGHT FUCKING NOW before the next episode if they pleased.

I repeat, You CW flash fags are the worst. Go read injustice and make believe you've ever given a fuck about the character before he was on television.

>only pic Sups is actually in is a drawing

lol

But that's not true.

Nothing you said made my point invalid. DC didn't give flash a show, the reason CW used the Flash is because they couldn't use Batman and Superman. DC only gives a shit about Batman and his side kick Superman

>the reason CW used the Flash is because they couldn't use Batman and Superman.
that doesn't make this:
>DC didn't give flash a show
true.

No matter how much you say it.

what is this in response to?

Yes it literally does.
CW making a Flash show because DC said they can't make a Bat show literally means that the reason a Flash show exists is because CW couldn't use Bats or Supes or in other words CW not DC made a flash show because only because they couldn't have who they really wanted.
Why do you suck DC cock? Why do you suck Batcock?

I saw it in theaters 4 times.
Ask me how many times I saw BvS or SS.

p-please user

They didn't. CW and DC are different companies. CW is the one who decided to make a Flash show.

>DC said they can't make a Bat show
You seem to think this is true. But it isn't. Nor is you deciding their reasoning means they didn't give flash a show. They literally fucking did.

You CW Flash fags are the worst. You don't read comics. You don't like DC. You don't like Marvel either. You just like that shitty fucking show.

>CW is the one who decided to make a Flash show.
Why do you think they're allowed to do this without DC and WB's permission? CBS and WB (who owns DC) own the CW 50-50.

The CW has no power or ownership over any of that.

Everybody, it was comfy and great for tinder dates. You can't take a date to see a children movie about a CGI talking raccoon making poopy jokes and expect to get laid

Yes now that we hvae all seen it......what went wrong?

>next month "APPOLOGIZE THREADS"
followed by
>"What went wrong?" Again.

Heres my WWW, When was Sup Forums ever not shit?

I'm surprised no one posted the spoilers that are 100% legit

Because then we would all know EXACTLY what went wrong with this piece of shit

I'll never get over what a poor choice Adams is for Lois Lane.

They shouldn't have brought in Snyder to make Man of Steel on a script they knew was ass with next to no time for pre-production out of fear of a lawsuit.

The DCEU was a disaster from day one and they learned the wrong lesson from Green Lantern, which if you remember, originally was supposed to be the start of a DC Cinematic Universe.

These were the only parts shown to a Chinese audience, it's not the only good parts from the movie

But I hated the Battle of Five Armies. That CG was unpolished as fuck.

It doesn't matter whether it's DCEU or MCU, it's just that 99% of the people on this board aren't able to make proper threads anymore. Not only are shills pretty much evident but it's also sad that people posting in these threads are dumb as FUCK. seriously, is it because people here are underage or because actual adults are not able to have decent conversations anymore?

>Homecoming was shit

it wasn't shit but it was actually the first MCU movie that I didn't watch in the theater because of all the bullshit surrounding the movie and especially the actor not being my thing at all. Saddest part is that Spidey is my favourite Marvel hero

I just wish that MCU goes back to the whole Phase 1 thing where they don't fill their movies with quips and actually provide a proper story with a more serious and realistic way of characters having dialogues. I also wish that the DCEU succeeds because I actually like what WB is doing for the most part (BvS Theatrical Cut had really weird pacing though and SS's first act was retarded with all the compilation shit)

>MoS was a disaster

wanna know how I know that you have never read a Superman comic? also, if MoS had been a disaster, it wouldn't have spawned BvS and SS you idiot

Before BvS came out we should've had two supermans, two batmans, a wonder woman. Then before justice league we should have gotten a flash and aquaman solo. The buildup was too fast and too hard

>wanna know how I know that you have never read a Superman comic?
do tell.

MoS spawned BvS and SS because Warner is completely desperate to make money with the superhero hype, not because it was a good film. the smart move would have been stick with more batman movies, tho