ITT: sympathetic villains

Gone had a hard life.

Unfortunately, in my experience most people drop out when the comic starts focusing on his daughter

Even Kieth thinks the way he handled the character is stupid. Mr. Gone from the first few issues doesn't really gel with the rest of the character.

The comic works better as the tv show did it. The ending in the comics is great and all, but it kinda lost its thread for a bit. Still a great book, though.

>Even Kieth thinks the way he handled the character is stupid.
Source?

I'm on issue 28, I like sarah and I think it's cool to see how things changed and her relationship with gone and the things he did and went through. I am sad that the original maxx as of my reading has essentially fucked off, i feel like that definitely could have been handled better.

Pretty much every interview Sam has ever given is extremely self-critical, and his commentary on the show was pretty much always stuff like "man I was so stupid to have to make this character SAY it was a cape."

The man is constantly talking shit about himself and you shouldn't take any of it too seriously. I don't remember where he said it, but googling up some interviews ought to turn it up eventually.

He has the right mindset.

His motives are pretty justified considering his origin story.

> humans mess with elves
> elves strike back
> king agrees to pact because he grows a concience
> pact is the only thing keeping humans from being genocided, they somehow manage to forget about it
> Nuada is in the wrong for wanting to act on the conditions of the pact
How was he on the wrong, again? It wasn't his fault humans were retards and the king was happy to let his people die and/or live in sewers.

>perpetually angry manchildren
>self-absorbed
>insecure
>lonely
>enjoys ruining things

I think most of Sup Forums could sympathize with both of them desu

>sympathy for elves
Fuck off. All elves should be killed and their women should be raped before being killed.

Because genocide is generally considered to be a BAD thing, regardless of whether or not those getting genocided "had it coming"

most of Sup Forums doesn't sympathize with dominator they just wanna fuck her.

Dr. John Dee, Strangly enough.

SKYRIM FOR THE NORDS!

Checks out

what comic is this? color me interested.

Sandman by Neil Gaiman.

ah, i've been meaning to read that. not sure where to start though.

At the beginning, dumdum.

Seriously, It's not a series you pick up parts of, you have to start at the beginning, volume one, and read it in order.

oh shit aight. makes things easy for me then.

Humanizing evil men makes them just more terrifying.

Dr. T.O. Morrow.

Bump

Who is this guy?

First villain I remember having more heroic attributes than the hero Mulan wins against a falconry expert tree climbing strong man with transvestite-ism and dropping a huge erection (building) on top of her own village Way to end natural selection there Mulan
:-P

Yeah he's self loathing alright. Hell, his semi-autobiographical series makes it pretty obvious. He constantly talks about how he's afraid of women because of his insecurity as well.

I honestly get the impression that he would have offed himself by now if it wasn't for his wife.

>Ghost (we never learn his real name) has an axe to grind with modern corporate greed and, in particular, the military industrial complex. He's like that crazy conspiracy theorist who thinks that GE is building spy satellites to control you through the fillings in your teeth. Given the world he lives in, however, that's not actually crazy.

>In the Marvel universe, you've got the military industrial complex building giant robots to kill their own citizens for being genetically different, experimenting on people to try to make super soldiers, and actively engaging in corporate espionage to steal technologies from one company to give them to other, less scrupulous ones. The Red Skull managed to get himself into a position of power in the United States government using the ridiculously obvious name Dell Rusk. Shapeshifting aliens have stolen and replaced major players in every field from government to corporate to superpowered heroes and villains. Tony Stark built a satellite that literally made everyone on Earth forget he was Iron Man. Ghost isn't crazy for believing that the powerful people, and in particular the corporations, are out to get him and the rest of humanity; he's arguably one of the few sane people in the Marvel universe when it comes to his beliefs.

Mr. Gone from the comic series "the maxx" he's one of the main antagonists

Nigger what?

Name a super-villain you feel more sorry for.
Protip, you can't.

Taunting my community jones Sup Forums, how dare you?

I think everyone with children would agree with him.

>sympathetic.

Even in his first apperance you can't help but feel bad for him. Especially when Superboy decides to just kill him under the logic that he's totally not alive so it's OK.

Who can't relate?

Sympathy and all the emotions similar to it denote the tendency to share in the feelings of others. Just because they don't doesn't mean they couldn't.

>on top of her own village
Are you sure?

buump

...so does Bizarro think Superman is trying to help him so he's flying into the (what I assume to be) Bizarro Kryptonite, or is he reverse-saying he's going to fly away?

Doom

The Tas version of Alistair Smythe.

I can't think of many characters that get fucked over by status quo as much as Harvey.
He's been around for 75 years and yet the only time he's ever been permanently cured, in any continuity, that didn't result in further psychological damage or suicide, was in Batman vs Two-Face, which came out this year.

How about curing people's cancer by turning them into dinosaurs?

me again. god damn it is there any person in this comic who doesn't have awful parents?