Dragon Ball Super Thread Sup Forums EDITION

Who is the Superior one... Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qrBPgxkR0s&index=25&list=RDCSMslKt0D4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't understand why I'm supposed to give even a single fuck about Jiren, other than "ZOMG, HIGH POWER LEVEL!"

Every member of his team showed more personality than he does, and they all had cool, unique powers

And then the second he punks Hit, it's like "my work here is done!" And it's like...he does realize that the winner is the Universe with the most members left, right?

At this point in time, resting on his laurels, I'm pretty sure every other Universe is still in a better chance of winning than his. Fuck, when it's crunch time, all we need is Goku and Vegeta to stall him long enough while the rest of their team hides and stays safe and Universe 7 will be the winners by default.

I really want Universe 11 to just get erased already. They've been a let down for me.

Would you stop with his bullshit already?

Besides, everyone knows Superman still wins.

>I don't understand why I'm supposed to give even a single fuck about Jiren, other than "ZOMG, HIGH POWER LEVEL!"
that's been the case with every dragonball antagonist since Z. just look at broly

>And then the second he punks Hit, it's like "my work here is done!" And it's like...he does realize that the winner is the Universe with the most members left, right?
you do realize that it's eventually going to come down to goku & jiren right?

>I really want Universe 11 to just get erased already. They've been a let down for me.
well you'll probably get your wish since we all know how super is gonna end with goku training uub

Shaggy Blanco.

Is Superman a Mary Sue?

BOTH of them can defeat Goku

Is Moses a Mary Sue?

But he’s so cool.

No. He is an unstoppable force and an immovable object... until magic and cosmic entities get involved, then he is fucked.

THIS IS NOW A SUPER-MAN THREAD

yes, kinda

Then Superman's a May Sue.

so, what character you think has a chance to beat superman in the dragon ball universe(s)

Man, i'm glad Tomasi is trying to rebuild the Bromance between Batman and Superman. It's been fun all the way to Mooonchester Black, although i'm slightly worried about the Jor El issues.

Well Superman wins because he can lift infinite mass so he is infinitely strong and Jiren is going to job by the end of Super anyway.

Zeno. The High Priest or whatever the dad of the angels is called: El Gran Padre?

Magical beings could take him down as long as they don't engage him directly. Buu could have a chance if he actually had a brain. His magic candy beam could kill Superman, but only if he does when he isn't looking. A direct confrontation would lead into Buu being turned into less than pink steam.

I see, thanks user

but they will not be fighting seriously .. i mean even with the altra instinct Jiren was very calm ....

There's a very strong chance Jiren won't lose by conventional means. The only major fight Goku didn't win through Divine intervention in Super was against Hit, and he forfeited that one.

Stop watching Super.

Why? Is better than GT.

Yes that's true but stop

Possibly. He would need powerful allies to distract Superman (he has super senses and can react to ftl speeds so hiding from him would be relatively hard without some help) and shoot him with his beam from afar and hope to whatever god is in the sky that Supes doesn't dodge it. Because if he does, Buu is fucked.

EL GRANDE PADRE

No.

Don't fear, Shaggy will handle him.

What? Are you retarded? Moses is a huge fuck up, God makes him go sit on a mountaintop and die because he's too much of a bitch to let into the Promised Land.

Why DID Moses had to stay on that mountain? What did he do?

No. Time and time again he fails, experiences painful consequences for his failures, and expresses vulnerability with his social and familial ties.

Hes only a Mary Sue if you think having super powers makes you a Mary Sue.

>Broly

Yes. Remember how fans fellated Broly.

DBZ fans literally only care about power levels and cool fights. They're like wrestling fans.

No. The only people that say this have a very limited exposure to the character which obviously is a result of never having actually picked up and read the comics before. To say nothing of the absolute idiots who think they can weigh in on the whole Goku vs Superman thing, despite only coming from one side. As a GIGANTIC dragon ball faggot, I have no shame in saying that Superman will win.

Superman is perhaps the greatest pleb-filter in all of culture.

Where does supes fit on this chart?

>They're like wrestling fans.

I don't see a problem with this. Cool fights are awesome.

Leave superman to me.

This thing changes literally every single time I've seen it

>Gohan Calvo

Holy Shit. My side.

I think Mario was just added today too

That may be true, but SS4 > Blue.

In both power and looks.

Not sure about Power. Looks? Shit m8, you are right.

DBZ fights are trash though.

I barely watched GT but I'm finding that hard to believe.

There's nothing wrong with it. But they keep wanting their characters to fight top tier cape comic heroes, and the thing is cape comics really aren't about fights in the same way shonen is. It's why a fight in a cape comic will take like 2 pages where in shonen it'll take 20.

Cape comics are action+mystery+adventure just like the tagline of The Spirit. If so say, Mageddon attacked DC the characters would tap into the Earth's bio-matrix to give everyone superpowers while one of them smashes a 5D lamp on top of Mageddon and Superman breaks free of his mind control under Batman's urging to eat a core of anti-sunlight. If Mageddon attacked DBZ they'd handle him like they would anything else in their universe-by fighting and shooting lasers at it.

There's a great line in Flash: The Human Race where Jay tells Wally that superheros have to fight like science fiction authors write and that's true. Superheros tackle problems that transcend physical conflict.

Cape comics aren't wrestling. They're mythology. And yet DBZ fans keep trying to put their wrestlers against mythological characters that play by mythological rules.

M8, you could take a shit and spend 20 minutes watching it. That would be better than GT.

>tap into the Earth's bio-matrix to give everyone superpowers while one of them smashes a 5D lamp on top of Mageddon and Superman breaks free of his mind control under Batman's urging to eat a core of anti-sunlight.

Morrison is out there somewhere right now wondering why he's got an erection.

GT had some good parts. I'm all for shitting on it, but it wasn't entirely awful

Fair enough.

What was so awful about it? Besides that shitty rap intro which I assume was only in the American version.

yes i think that about Z ..but whit Super idon know what to think

The inconsistencies of Super make for some of the most headache inducing media I've ever consumed.

okay so it sounds like you are not a fan, why are you complaining again?

Bulma, he ha the brain to exploit his weaknesses.

he broke the 10 comandments in a fit of anger because the people was worshipping idols and that (the breaking of the commandments) pissed off god.

I miss them bros

Jiren's default defense is his "glare." Problem with that is, it makes him more vulnerable to what Superman can do to him, not less. Jiren is the WORST character to pit against Superman.

I think that's the point. The tournament is full of colorful characters with interesting abilities and personalities, while Jiren is the opposite, he's bland, boring, uninteresting and simply the most powerful evah. He was made that way on purpose to serve as an antagonist even if he isn't a villain.

This.
This is how Luthor does it.

I actually kinda liked the rap. Plz no bully.

Inconsistent, generally stupid stories, shitting on established characterization. Turned goku into a kid again, then did nothing with that, only to revert it again.

Focused way to hard on characters people didn't enjoy. Ambled about the place without direction.

Still had some fucking great scenes though. SS4 Gogeta will never be topped.

This. Why do you think Supermans most dangerous enemy is Lex Luthor?

me too. Wasted potential makes me so angry. youtube.com/watch?v=6qrBPgxkR0s&index=25&list=RDCSMslKt0D4A

>Jiren is the WORST character to pit against Superman.

Well I think making the greek sun god fight Superman was more stupid. Dude got shit on real hard.

No, he has his fair share of challenges.

Lately even his comics have been a challenge to read.

>You just hit me with Sun Light? You really don't know who I am, don't you?

I'm reading Rebirth and it's great. Granted i'm barely at the arc with Manchester Black and so far it's pretty damn good.

Does it get bad?

No don't listen to him. He's probably just a Superbro-fag.

This.

Hopefully one day we will get the Superman/Batman ongoing back.

I think it'll all kick off into good shit territory once these current events come and go. Metal, Doomsday Clock etc

Would love to get Supes/Bats back again.

He didn't break all the commandments. The Jews wanted more water, and God told him to do something and water would flow.
Instead, Moses was really fed up with his people, and he struck a rock with his staff in anger. Water came out of it anyways, but God was displeased with Moses for disobedience, and said he'll never see the promised land.

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Superman? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Golden age Superman. I’m not talking about Pre-Crisis Superman trained by Muhammad Ali either. Or even talking about All Star Superman with the Time warping gravity gun and Solar suit (with the solar power cancer abilities and being capable of lifting 200 quintillion tons) equipped with Amalgam Comics Cap´s shield and Mjolnir, Hell, I’m not even talking about Superman 1 Million with solar supercharge, with all his multiversal powers and inside his fortress in the supersun. I’m talking about new 52 superman combined with Post-Crisis Supes with reality chattering punches, Solar Flare piloting the thought Robot powered by symmetry, memories, duality, probabilities, and possibilities with Hyperverse level of strength, , 4th wall awareness and plot Manipulation.

Only one man could.
>YOU ARE NOW IN THE POWER OF STARDUST

but i really like that they actually make Power levels and shitty number dissapear..and the new lore

The powers are inconsistent but at least we get to see a variety of characters fight. In Z it became "Are you a saiyan? No? Ok you get to watch the action from Kami's Lookout."

Though it looks like Super will still be Goku saves the day.

>insert 17 vs goku training meme

Yeah I agree. The lore is the best part of Super for sure.

Also Moses dick shrank and became a large dark nipple.

yeah i mean who woul think that we could see Roshi and 17 figthing along side whith Vegeta and Goku or Freeiza team up whith the Z warriors

>Though it looks like Super will still be Goku saves the day.
People say this but, Goku lost to Beerus, Whis had to give a do-over with Freiza, and literally called god to deal with Black

True, as shitty as this tournament is, at least we got some cool shit like Roshi putting in that fucking work

>People say this but, Goku lost to Beerus, Whis had to give a do-over with Freiza, and literally called god to deal with Black

I hope he actually gets eliminated at some point. Make it seem that their universe might not actually survive.

This thread is an anomaly.

It's a DB thread with minimal gohan posting, and a Sup Forums debate with minimal autistic fighting.

I don't understand.

no it just go better and better

Fucking Hell I need to replace this keyboard.

I figured you were just a spic poster who can't into english

This right here. Locking eyes with Superman is a bad idea. He was doing the "X-ray plus Heat vision to fuck with your brain cells" thing as far back as the Silver Age.

It's not fair to bring up Black, because no one ever beat Zamasu. Not even Vegito

>Next heroclix set is Harley Quinn themed
>Sub themes are Bombshells and Secret Six
>Still no Rebirth Superman and Jon heroclix

Fucking get off your ass already Wizkids.

Name ONE DB character that can beat El Supermano.

Was still the single greatest cop-out in DB history though. I almost quit the show when Xeno came in and erased them.

Dumbass hack wrote himself into a corner that he couldn't see any other way out of, despite there being a literal infinite number of other options.

I like it, having a decent DB thread on Sup Forums is damn near impossible now

I'm just pointing out that he didn't get any significant arc victories, which is kinda surprising because we're over 100 episodes now

Someone pls add him to the chart

Not DB, but the Wall could beat him.

>other than "ZOMG, HIGH POWER LEVEL!"
you don't "get it." this is the first time its about something else besides power levels.

Wouldn't be the first time. Remember Garlic Jr?

is the difference betwen Sup Forums and Sup Forums ... DB threads look better in Sup Forums

I wish universe Zamasu existed for like half an episode at least

I've seen better Sup Forums threads on Sup Forums, and better Sup Forums threads on /tg/. Boards are great at discussing whatever they're not meant for.

>Ha! Now I'm finally out of the Dead Zone, the one thing that could stop me!
>There's nothing they can do to stop me, now to summon the Dead Zone to finish them off!
>Oh no! Now I'm falling! Falling into the Dead Zone! How did this happen!

That is why /trash/ is so good

Writing is a thing that exists, user. Isn't it the job of writers to come up with creative solutions to problems?

Or did you mean that good writing literally cannot exist in the anime? cause I won't disagree

Jiren can fight against speedsters and time manipulators. Jiren wins

TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION

1. Goku hears about a fighting tournament...on Paradise Island. What happens?

2. Goku somehow learns Batman is Bruce Wayne. How can Batman convince Goku to keep his secret?

3. Would Lois get along with Goku?