Will life get better after they're gone?

Will life get better after they're gone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aE2UkuxYbzk
lfpress.com/2017/08/25/forest-citys-first-comic-book-store-shutting-doors-after-38-years-due-to-declining-sales-and-changing-times
bleedingcool.com/2017/08/26/comic-stores-close-legacy-comics-comic-book-collector/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>life
>getting better

Your life would already be better if you read good comics instead of whinging about the shit ones and furthering autistic company war faggotry

Yes, OP. It will.

No, you'll still be a loser shitposting on Sup Forums.

Without Marvel, DC will have virtually no big competition in the industry, so eventually they won't have to do shit to pull in sales and quality will decline as a result.

It'll be like American wrestling post-WCW, where you have a bunch of indies with ROH and TNA being the most well-known of the bunch, but ultimately no one is really making money except WWE because they're the only game in town.

Calm down, Spencer.

You are the one that made godamn thread. Stop being fucking companywar fag.

>am so angry that forget write words English

Literally came here to post this analogy
I mean, holy shit WWE is a fucking joke at this point. They had to split its own roster in half to produce something entertaining, but even then WWE plays favorites and shoot itself in the foot every week.
I don't even want to imagine how much DC would deteriorate if it has no more competition.

>Marvel must keep sucking so DC keeps being good
I'm OK with this.

It was a typo. My point still stands.

Marvel will never die. Disney will just license out the character rights to other publishers if they want to continue making comics after firing everyone on the publishing side.

>Disney will just license out the character rights to other publishers
Preferably DC, Valiant, and Dark Horse.

>he wants marvel to die instead of getting their shit together
Whats wrong with you, user? Do you work for another comic company?

>everyone is a shill like me

>fans don't exist, there are only shills
Nah, it's just Marvel that is in that situation.

The wrestling analogy works. Image isn't strong enough to be a #2 comic book publisher and Valiant is Valiant...

The industry NEEDS Marvel. The worse Marvel does the worse the industry does overall.

Somebody will smarten up one day and notice how fucked up the corporate side is at Marvel and step in.

All the nepotism, bad creative and staffing decisions will eventually cause a reckoning.

The public relations will end up being a nightmare too. Not because people are going to side with #comicgaters but because Marvel is bullying small business owners and burying them in unsellable product.

>virtually no big competition in the industry
Are you insane? The big two is basically a big three at this point.

Not to mention the Japanese market that's starting to gain traction in the States

>image gets the rights to ASM
>they put kirkman on it

>bullying small business owners and burying them in unsellable product
The industry NEEDS Marvel, indeed...

>Spider-Man kills enemies in gruesome fashion
>is raped by Black Cat
2manly4Disney, user.

>WWE went to shit after WCW crumbled so that means DC will be shit after Marvel!

Confirmed to know absolutely nothing about wrestling, how it works and why Vince isn't doing any of that.

Lose weight

>pull a number of comics I like from Marvel
>pull a number of comics from DC
>still working to complete my Wheel of Time collection
>enjoy life everyday
Just imagine how happy you'd be if you left company wars behind and talked about comics you like instead of ones you don't like.

The "comics are dying" meme is literally just Sup Forums casuals trying to stay relevant after GG. Anyone who says marvel will go under has no idea how the comic book industry works.

>Anyone who says marvel will go under has no idea how the comic book industry works.
And that goes double for anyone who says they want Marvel to go under.

Marvel comics are literally doing bad objectively.
There's no pol faggotry about it.
Comic stores are losing money on Marvel comics cause of the way Marvel does business with them not letting them pick which comics they want to buy and forcing them to buy a bunch of shit ones too.
Eventually they're gonna stop buying marvel comics if they lose enough money on them.

I know that Marvel publishes like 50 books (to DCs like 20 or 30) but only has a 7% lead in the market.

I know that retailers are complaining.
I know Marvel had none of the top selling comics of 2016
I know Marvel is cutting staff (hiring cheap artists, writers and not having necessary editorial)..

Yeah, Marvel is in the bin.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, anyone who calls it "marvel comics" is a casual. I have literally never met anyone irl who says that and reads comics, it's like calling EA "EA Games".

This is how I know you don't read comics. That's how the industry goes, the big 2 are almost never good at the same time. They basically alternate dominance every decade, with the other side having only a few good titles here and there, which is still the case. I haven't read them but people seem to enjoy Doctor Strange, Ms. Marvel, and Renew Your Vows. Compare these to DC's lineup, or even the nu52 really, where mostly only bat books and a few sleeper hits were selling well (aside from events of course).

Even if Marlel was wiped off the face of the Earth tomorrow, there are still plenty of other Marlels in the world.

There are Marlels in movies (Sony, Disney), Marlels on television (BBC, MTV, CNN, ESPN, Comedy Central, SyFy) Marlels in video games (Gearbox, EA, Bioware, whoever the fuck is responsible for Wolfenstein) and Marlels in music (Eminem). I’m sure I’m forgetting lots of other names and companies, but you get the idea.

We can’t escape it.

*to DC's pre-reboot lineup

Sometimes I wish DC had bought Marvel when they had the opportunity during the bankruptcy years.

No you don't. If that were the case we'd still have the new 52.

Image has a very small handful of titles that do as well as big Marvel and DC titles, but the Big 2 fill up nearly every other slot in the top sellers charts and Image's golden geese don't have as much staying power because they're tied to creators.
Its very much still Marvel, DC, and everybody else.

>"comics are dying" meme
Explain why floppy sales are lower than they’ve ever been.

Explain why Amazing Spider-Man can barely pull 50K readers now.

Explain why local comic retailers are now going out of business, some who have survived the 90s comic crash and have been self sustainable for decades.

Explain why Marvel inflates their sales numbers by giving away free comics and marking them as books sold.

Explain why you’re a faggot.

>pull a number of comics I like from Marvel
Which ones?

The recent history of both Marvel and DC would be so fundamentally different at this point if the buyout had happened that there's absolutely no point arguing about how it would have turned out.
A supercomputer couldn't predict it, so I really doubt two autists on Sup Forums can.

No if Marvel folds up all the shit writers, editors, and artists will filter to other publishers. Meaning the shit won't go away it will just be spread out instead. It's best that Marvel continue on but devolve into mediocrity and barely functioning sales so they can act as a containment vessel for the SJW's. I don't see any real hope that they will fire all the asshats that need to be fired and nothing will change till they do.

>Alternate every decade

Marvel started falling in 2013/2014

So...
2017-2013 = 4 years
2017-2014 = 3 years

>Decade

A decade is 10 years. Industry is down as a whole. Retailers are angry. Comichron and a bunch of other sites prove Marvel isn't doing well.

Facts not snark.

youtube.com/watch?v=aE2UkuxYbzk

This has been a fight against the same source of ultimate evil that's been fought for hundreds of years. These SJWs are just the propagandists of their hate of humanity as a species.

DC Licenses Captain Marvel and proceeds to print the Real Captain Marvel under his own name again.

Carol Danvers joins the Marvel family

Marvel was in the top spot probably from 2007 if not earlier up until 2016 with rebirth.

I didn't say they're not doing badly, but I promise that they'll stop being retarded eventually. Also ASM is doing badly because of the renumbering and then superior, they basically lost at least a third of their readers at this point, and then making Miles the primary spidey alienated a lot of people who are hesitant to start picking it up again.

>Explain why local comic retailers are now going out of business
I'm fairly sure they aren't, and for any that do it's not because of marvel. A comic store dies because of lost revenue, and if you're ordering so many more copies than are on your pull lists that it eats into your profits, you're retarded. DC was also selling out of rebirth issues and went into second print runs, and that's still happening, so they can more than make up for any lost marvel sales. And then Image, Valiant, Dark Horse, and I guess IDW are still going strong, so you have plenty of books. Marvel is not capable of killing comic book stores unless they're inept.

>Explain why Marvel inflates their sales numbers by giving away free comics and marking them as books sold
I'm pretty sure the reason for this was that diamond is incompetent, and they didn't even do it very many times.

>Comichron
shows Marvel doing well

>but I promise that they'll stop being retarded eventually.
Oh thanks, Alonso. That’s reassuring to hear from you, someone who is able to actually enact change within the company.

For you? No. You've tied your happiness up with the quality of a single comic book company. You'll find something else to be miserable about.

>I'm fairly sure they aren't

lfpress.com/2017/08/25/forest-citys-first-comic-book-store-shutting-doors-after-38-years-due-to-declining-sales-and-changing-times

bleedingcool.com/2017/08/26/comic-stores-close-legacy-comics-comic-book-collector/

Really?
The highest selling Marvel floppy sells 30,000 less than the highest selling DC floppy

>doing well

Brevoort...is that you?

Didn't he blame DC as well?

>Haha whatever you say Didio, you've been printing the new 52 for years now, DC will never stop being retarded

Holy shit, how stupid are you? That first article is about a single store closing, and the author blames marvel for focusing too much on making movies at one point, as if that's even their job. The other one is about THE SAME STORE, plus another one apparently. Comic shops are not closing en masse, you fucking moron.

Marvel doesn't have to go away. "Life" will get better when Marvel stops being the cancer and starts being the health of the industry again.

And that won't happen until they replace their shit-tier, tumblr-bred, political activists posing as writers with actual talent and their fake editors with real editors who aren't scared of social media and can tell the writers "No."

It isn't about diversity. It's about having talented writers and artists -- and that means (among other things) writers who love the craft more than they love scoring predictable political points to pat themselves on the back.

This, they have some solid properties. I'd still prefer a timeskip rather than a reboot, but anything's fine as long as they get some competent writers and don't instantly cancel anything that doesn't sell.

Are you that same idiot that linked to comichron in another thread as proof that Marvel is selling better than DC, or was that some other clueless faggot who doesn't know how the direct market works?

But he's right.

Hi neogaf.

From Marvel

AN Wolverine
AN Guardians
Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Spider-Man and Deadpool
Venom

From DC
Batman
Detective Comics
The Flash
Mr Miracle

neogaf is dead in the water mate

Is this the new tumblr?

Carol Danvers is the real Captain Marvel though.

>Carol Danvers is the real Captain Marvel though.

Big 2 die
Characters become public domain
You can just find good stories by good people instead of the big 2 gatekeeping, which i will say ideally editors do a lot of invisible good keeping everyone in line.
And people realize comics aren't just superheroes

he gets it

>not pulling White Knight and New Superman
>not pulling the only Marvel book worth pulling: Punisher Platoon

>comics aren't just superheroes
Wow I didn't know that what are you a genius or just a pretentious douche?

superhero comics just take up a lot of space, if there are less it's more room for different stuff.

Negro when Marvel dies Disney is just going to license out their shit to IDW. They won't let their characters fall into the public domain

NSM and especially Platoon are worth pulling (both are on my list). White Knight really isn't.

>White Knight really isn't.
Yes how could any comic with art like this be worth reading when you have comics like Squirrel Girl out there?

>DC gets the right to Marvel characters
It's time for a real hero to lead the Green Lantern Corps

One, the art is the only thing that White Knight has going for it. Two, "it's better than Squirrel Girl" is not what I'd call high praise when a pile of dogshit on hot pavement is better than fucking Squirrel Girl.

>a pile of dogshit on hot pavement is better than fucking Squirrel Girl.

And with that statement we both agreed and got this thread back on track.

At least DC gets the 'Captain Marvel' moniker back

They never had it to begin with.

Floppies are doing well, they dropped from the economic crash in 08 and have been building back consistently since then.

>Marvel comics are literally doing bad objectively
They're still making profit. Until they start bleeding out badly shit ain't gonna change.

marvel is so unselfaware that is it's biggest problem.

>Bobby your gay
supposed to be progressive but it's execution is shit everyone hated it

>riri
same shit

>replacing the X-Men with moon people
the good idea was to kill mutants with a genocide cloud and have the marvel universe be cool with it. who would have thought that the literal standins for minorities of all kinds being genocided by an actual literal royal family wouldn't go over well with anyone.

MARVEL is making a profit.
The store owners they sell to are not.
Eventually the store owners are going to have enough of this shit after enough money goes down the drain.

nah

I'll grant you that, say, Chris Benoit fucked everything up as far as the PG-13 rating shit goes, and I'll give you that maybe it won't be the same for DC/Marvel as it is for WWE/WCW. I know Vince wants to keep his sponsors happy too, and that means they're gonna want Cena on top and being pushed because he rakes in the merch sales.

But in the past few years you've seen what that short-sightedness has done to the company. They're attracting all of the major indie talent, sure, and HHH did a fine job with NXT contrary to his reputation for burying young talent, but they're not making stars. When the man you're pushing as the next big thing is getting booed every night while Dean Ambrose is right fucking there getting great reactions, while Cesaro keeps gaining fans while being cut off at the knees by the top brass...I mean it's not new, it happened to Punk and Bryan but with Cena near retirement, Orton a Wellness policy violation or two away from being kicked, Show getting wins over the young wrestlers while Kane interjects himself into a hot feud between Owens and Zayn just to KO them both in seconds with a chokeslam....yea, maybe I don't understand what Vince is doing.

It's still bad when I'm falling asleep halfway into hour 5 of Wrestlemania 33 because it's been dull as shit. That was the last time I watched, BTW, so my information is a bit out of date. Haven't even busted out my old AJW tapes I ordered. But, point is, the old guard WWE has been relying on for a decade is almost gone, and while they brought in Nakamura, Styles, and a bunch of world-class talent they're basically at the twilight of their careers as well after TNA/NJPW/the indies...so who do they really have? Certainly not Lesnar, who's had stale match after stale match since adopting the Suplex City gimmick (even if he does put asses in the seats, he's still strictly a part-timer)

Your life, no it will never get better. Everyone else's lives, yeah those will improve.

Why do people say Marvel comics are bad?
They just won like 3 eisners

Please leave, neogaf.