Batman vs Superman Retcon

cbr.com/wonder-woman-movie-retcon/

>If Steve Trevor’s selfless act helped to show Diana that humanity was worth fighting for, then why, in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, does she say to Bruce, “100 years ago, I walked away from mankind?” Thankfully, we now have an answer. Much like in the comic book source material, the creators employed a retcon (short for retroactive continuity).

>“We realized that actually, there is no way that Wonder Woman will ever give up on mankind,” Gadot revealed during a promotional stop for Justice League in Beijing. “The reason why she left the island was because she wanted to make their life better and safer – they are her calling. So – I’m giving you a very honest answer – sometimes, in a creative process, you establish something that is not necessarily the right decision, but then you can always correct it and change it. So Wonder Woman will always be there as far as she concerns for mankind.”

No one understands Zack's vision.

Wonder Woman ending with "Now that World War 1 ended everything is fine goodbye" is the funniest thing

I got a kick out of the scene where she wrecks a church and tears up a small town during a cease-fire

I don't get it, is the love for the DCEU on this supposed to be ironic?

>No one understands Zack’s vision
When did we start confusing thinking something is shitty with not understanding something?

Really? You're gonna ignore how that town was full of german soldiers and had a sniper on the church's bell tower?

Really? You're gonna ignore how it was
>during a cease-fire

When was The Emperor's New Clothes first published

>Cease-fire
So fuck all those innocent town people then?

>I don't understand how war works

>No one understands Zack's vision.
Especially Zack,

>user tries to paint Diana as being in the wrong
>he can only complain about how she cuts through red tape to actually save people.

that church tower was a couple hundred years old

>innocent people don't matter
>the only thing that matter is that we follow a soulless and dehumanizing bureaucratic orders

>No one understands Zack's vision.
Everyone understands it. But people like Johns, Whedon and Patty can just see that it's shit so they got rid of it.
>tfw you'll never have to watch Snydershit again
>tfw they're literally undoing everything he did
I'm so fucking hard right now.

I never said she was "wrong" to charge through no man's land. But it was hilarious when she crashed through that ancient cathedral like this user said Did she have to smash through it like the Kool-Aid man just to get the one guy?
It was a fucking cease-fire. Those krauts were probably excited to finally go home, and those townspeople were probably relieved that their homes got through the war relatively unscathed. Luddendorff was acting outside the German chain of command (remember when he gassed them to death?)
It was a cease-fire. Holy shit you are so fucking dumb.

Listen kid, if you can't understand why it's somewhat darkly funny that a superhero is stomping ordinary soldiers during a cease fire right at the very end of World War I, then you're hopeless.

Hopefully after JUSTice League they redeem Supes and SQWAD with their sequels. Aquaman is going to be based though.

Its really weird that in a superhero movie, I have to pretend the heroine didn't ignore WW2

Said german soldiers were gearing up to fucking bomb Britain with poison gas during this supposed ceasefire.

It's not really that funny. Like, I get why you think it is, but it isn't really.

alright just imagine you walked into the movie halfway through, and you started watching at that part. Trevor is like "Diana, no! The cease-fire!" or whatever, and she takes off like a human artillery shell and proceeds to start mopping the floor with soldiers

>Zack's vision
>Everyone is a miserable shit

I'm glad it's getting retconned.

It's too late for Superman.
They already killed him and very few people even cared.

I find it funny that there is so much Jesus imagery in MoS and BvS then in WW just said nah it's canon that the Greek Gods made the world.

>WW just said nah it's canon that the Greek Gods made the world.
nah it's more like DC comics where the Greek Gods exist but they aren't THE gods.

The Germans were the ones who broke the cease-fire.

Wow, if you didn't want to give the impression that you're no fun, you couldn't have done it any worse.

Clearly WB is unaware of The Presence. I think Snyder would have had a field day with him

imagine walking into literally ANY movie halfway through and watching a scene with no context

Eh, why not retcon if it works for another individual movie. Fox retcons X-Men all the time for far more retarded reasons.

Well I'm not a retard who would automatically assumed that Wonder woman is attacking innocent soldiers. I would probably use basic common sense and realize that she's disobeying orders to save innocent people.

This. FoX-Men is incomprehensible at this point

Goddamn shame they didn't retcon every pre-WW movie.

>it took 4 DC comic adaptations being shitty movies for WB to realize Snyder is a hack
Bravo.

I'm hoping they'll retcon in a JSA movie that took place during WWII which is why she didn't need to step in.

On the one hand, I like that they don't shackle themselves to canon.

On the other hand, every single X-Men movie is a pile of shit.

wow, just like the actual comics!
It really is accurate to the source material

Snyder/Goyer BTFO

Fanboys. This doesn't just apply to Rick and Morty.

>In the Marvel short film "Item 47" Sitwell says that there were 47 Chitauri items on the ground after The Incident and all but one (the one the two criminals had) had gone dormant and been recovered.

>In Age of Ultron there are is a giant Chitauri whale in Sakovia and soliders using Chitauri technology

>In Spider-Man: Homecoming there are vast numbers of items of Chitauri technology that are in a building run by Damage Control and the Vulture has stolen many items of Chitauri technology

>Sitwell
And you trusted that Hydra scum to be honest?

Wheedon and quips are going to destroy DCU

I recall the germans breaking it.

The director of blade runner (the old one) didn't understand his own film.

>screecapped his own post
>screencapped a post thats easily countered with common sense
Get some help my man