Why don't US high schools teach woodshop anymore?

Why don't US high schools teach woodshop anymore?

Mine did, shop teacher was based as fuck.

But they do

Mine did. Metal shop too. Probably saved my sanity in school.

We didn't have it in middle school tho. They removed the shop. Too """unsafe""" and not gender inclusive enough.

They do you fucking idiot. Maybe once you reach High School you will find out.

high schooler here. they do teach wood shop.

i took woodshop in middleschool but they shut it down eventually after i left to highschool

they had metalshop in highschool though

Because woodworking is for dull, uneducated, working class plebs. Time spent in shop classes would be better spent in classes that prepare you for college, where you earn a degree that almost guarantees you better pay.

That's what the people who work for government schools would have you believe, anyway.

>Liability
>Letting niggers near power tools

they still have it in smaller cities, if you live in a big city theres no budget for it

Woodshop is sexist

Mine did and I graduated two years ago.

Pic unrelated, but it could be woodshop injuries

underage gtfo

Retards and minorities not only endanger themselves but everyone around them when near power tools.

The manufacturing jobs you're looking for are gone! Machines and microchips do it all now.

mine did and it was 1 saw shared among 20 students that making a shoe sized box took the entire course.

Mine did. Have some gnarly stories. One kid crushed his finger completely, gushed blood all over the hallway to the nurse's office.

Because it's usually filled with niggers who never show up to a final so it usually gets canceled.

Looks exactly like the room I had shop class in.

Fags and dykes ruined it. Instead of women taking Home Ec and men taking Shop, they demanded equality and fucked it all up.

in middle school we did the house build thing but since they were transitioning to pussydom we also built sweet rockets that were shot at wall with an egg in it, the goal was not to get your egg to crack, my trick? i put my egg in jello lmao

what pisses me of his home ec being cancelled.

Than those cunts at jezebel blamed the microwave dinner "corporation" for getting rid of it and not their dirty hair armpits in that mess.

>using power tools and ovens in middle school
>ovens

Gee i wonder who would be against that?

High school near me even has a auto shop class
People take their cars there for oils changes and if you want to pay a lot you can get the kids to build you a trailer

do they still do the robot babies

Some guy at our school got 2 fingers chopped off kek

They do, it's where all the boys go into the bathroom and jerk eachother off.

○ w○

Because a boy might break a fingernail.

>tfw my school had no auto shop class
>Had to learn how to wrench from the Internet

Woodshop was rad as fuck, teacher had us sniffing solvents to guess what product it was.

Everyone should know how to DIY instead of just buying shitty Chinese products.

My school even had a proper forge and every kid wanted to make a dagger but the government are fucking pansies and wouldn't let us in normal curriculum so we did it afterschool after promising the teacher we didnt do or see shit.

mine didn't have woodshop, we had stagecraft, effectively the same but we build all the sets for the school plays

mfw my woodwork teacher Mr Spence was the most banterous man alive.

>Sir I cut a hole in this wood by mistake
>Wow user I didnt realize you were so religious

>Sir I broke the nail
>Well get a new one out of the cupboard

>user why are there genitals on your head
>What did you say to me sir?
>I just called you a dickhead you spazz

He would also constantly shit on the bad kids and would sometimes make fun of the fact their parents are divorced etc.

They do. Even my jr. high had a workshop. Both public schools.

You must be from the south or some shithole.

oi u better bin that knife m8

NAFTA

had metalshop and woodshop in middle school
>some girl lied about me pushing her in metalshop so i was banned from the class
>got into 2 fist fights in woodshop and kicked out of school
fuck ghetto schools so much

no way this happened at our school too. rural vic. just the one finger tho. mb they are trying to sever all our digits so we can't shitpost as effectively

Shop teachers are the most based teachers in school. Also the most sarcastic from my experience.

That was literally my first class... 10 years ago, and they had retitled it to "innovations and inventions" or some such shit. It was pretty based though, literally, because in addition to playing with power tools, we got to go over to the armory next door and play in tank simulators as part of the tech bit.

wtf these kids look autistic as fuck and the left one looks like a virgin wannabee

Because all the numales don't like it and they don't want to fund something so expensive. They just want theory and no practice. I was lucky enough to have an auto shop when I was in high school and it taught me actually useful shit as opposed to the mandatory 2 semesters of """performing arts"""

>a virgin wannabee
u wot m8?

we had that is high shcool and middle school. they got rid of it in the middle shcool though. and out high school focused more on robotics and repairing cars instead of wood shop

My school had a wood shop, along with an engineering program with internships at Rolls Royce, a car body shop, small engine shop, dental lab, construction program where students build real houses in a neighborhood near the school over the course of 2 school years, CAD program, cooking and restaurant management program, and a ton others I'm probably forgetting. It seriously amazes me how many high schools in the nation just churn out "graduates" with no practical experience and no idea of what they're going to do with their lives.

Too busy brainwashing with jewish faggotry.

> Implying I live in some Camden/Luton shithole where sandnigger stabbings are a hourly occurance.

Most of England can resist the urge to mortally wound fellow countrymen. There is a lot more weaponry in every home then the average pleb realises.

>what is a senior and what age are they usually

lol how do people find woodworking or auto shop useful? I did both and I didn't remember shit even 1 year later, let alone after graduation.

When I took auto shop in hs a few years ago, there were like 3 or 4 girls in there. My god were they retarded. They always wanted to prove how they were "just like the boys" and could fix anything. I shit you not, whenever they got near the tools to "fix" something, 9 times out of 10 they would fuck something up. I remember a few times when they would use power tools to loosen a bolt, they would have the tool rotate the wrong way about half the time and destroy said bolt, and it happened at least 20 times between them. But the teacher would always prioritize them over the rest of the guys because "she's just a purty little lady who wants to learn!" But if a dude fucked up like that the teacher would get pissed.

That's because you are Canadian.

Did you make that user? That's pretty creative, well done.

trades are for stupid white trash

Because hard work doesn't foster liberal thought.

no there not , even yuppies need their car fixed

Because kids screw around too much

B&

no woodshop in my school, we did have a 3 year engineering pathway though

Even my middle school had a shop class. Either my district was based or yours is shit OP

Thanks for doin that, you saved me about six minutes.

Nope. I didnt make this either

17 and near the end of highschool usually 18 or later on

because when we became a service economy, women took over education and then now nobody learns a trade or gets an apprenticeship

I legit had to look for clues to see if it was my shop class. Even the initials were right, but mascot was off

Is using a dialing wand to type a google search that difficult?

In 2000 my high school removed the metal shop after the teacher retired. The thinking then was nobody is going to be blue collar anymore. That was at a predominately Hispanic school...

>not gender inclusive enough.
tell them they can make wooden dildos and they will put it right back

Brick memorial high school in nj
Had the last metal shop in nj
When he retired they shut it down
I miss you Mr. Loveland

Mexicans and blacks, would probably see a few cut limbs a year.

We did have an auto shop where we actually repaired cars though

They're still around.

One of my neighboring school districts here in California has gotten kids to build tiny homes as class projects.

that pic looks like he took the bait

>It seriously amazes me how many high schools in the nation just churn out "graduates" with no practical experience and no idea of what they're going to do with their lives.
it's a fucking travesty, I went to one of the (((top))) public high schools around where I live and half the kids were shooting dope and damn near every student was blindly on the track to (((university))) with no concrete plans for their time there or after and no experience with anything besides bullshitting to get a good grade

They don't? My school made all of us take shop and home econ. In shop I learned that I inherited nothing that made my grandpa a great carpenter.

Our manual arts teachers in high school were like this too. All ex-tradies so they had top bantz and never took shit from students.

>be me
>year 10
>woodwork teacher outside building having a ciggie
>yell out to him "oi sir, can I bum a smoke!"
>without even looking at us he yells back "piss off ya little shit, get your own"
>we all laugh our asses off and keep walking
>see him still staring off into the distance enjoying his smoke but now with a slight smirk on his face

Don't they?

Must be about liability.

All fucking lawyers must fucking hang.

They do

I think the nose meant that the guy on the left is a manlet dumbfuck wearing a stupid "necklace"

The degree required to teach it is no longer offered. At least here in ohio

It wasn't taught at highschool but in middle school. Though who knows if it's still taught, it's been 5 years.

It's too masculine.

American school system needs to keep homosexualizing their students.

>no woodshop
>no bullying
>no "solve it yourself, retard"

Schools need to faggotize students into multiculturalism, feminism, globalism and a "feelings" society.

Or that's what I think. It's probably true tho.