What are some good Ghostbusters comics?

What are some good Ghostbusters comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostbusters_IDW_Ongoing_Series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think you posted one

And to add less snark, I love the IDW comics, but don't know much of the other runs.

I'm pretty sure the only non-IDW Ghostbusters comics there've ever been are a 4-issue mini called "Legion" by a defunct indy publisher, a manga, and the original Real Ghostbusters run by Now Comics.

All of they IDW stuff I read has been pretty good. Even the Fembusters crossover.

pretty much all the ghostbusters crossovers are good, even the nu-busters one isnt all bad
also, the arc where they go missing and have to have replacements while they try to get back

in fact, also the ghost smashers one where they introduce one of the newer backup guys

really, its good overall if you're in idw, theres not much going wrong. i personally like when they add new people to the roster, so all the arcs where they use ortiz/janine/kylie/ron/rookie are good in my book
a lot of the idw enjoyment is the fact that they're willing and able to reference literally everything they can to an extent. they worked in the game, they worked in all the movies, they worked in the cartoon a bit as well, both literally (like in your picture) and just as refrences. i dont think theres anything the boardgame added that is in the comics though, because the BG doesnt do anything new

Best boy

I have the manga, it was pretty cute.

Any of the IDW comics by Burnham are amazingly good, even the 101 crossover with the 2016 girlbusters. The old RGB comics are okay. Most of the other comics are more miss than hit, imo.

I think Answer the Call just came out fairly recently but I have no reason to ever want to read it.

Just get the IDW big hardcovers, all the Burnham and Schoening stuff is great. Even the fucking reboot crossover if you can believe that, turns out having someone who actually gives a shit about the franchise writing can elevate REALLY shitty source material. I grew up with a bunch of old Marvel UK Real Ghostbusters annuals and those are still pretty fun.

I liked the side-crew. I liked how shitty the leader was.

The fuck is wrong with the one on the right? Was he born without his frontal lobe?

Not comics, but if you somehow missed the Ghostbusters game last gen, play that.

IDW ghostbusters are supposedly good. They even made the 2016 team likeable

The IDW ongoing monthly was great. It's such a shame they had to shoehorn the fem busters into the most recent mini. I would have much rather have read about the 101 school. Granted Burnham almost made them tolerable but nobody was saving the blond one

not likeable so much as tolerable. The fat white one and her brunette friend come off as human and even have a bit of a nice story where they realize how little they accomplished compared to the OGs but that doesn't mean their accomplishments are meaningless. Loud black lady was ....there. She never hurt nor helped. wacky blond and Thor where still as intolerably whimsical as ever and really brought the whole thing down.

So what's with IDW Ghostbusters now? I know we have an ongoing about the girl team coming, and an annual about the team people actually give a shit about, but what past then? Are we stuck worrying about if we'll see Burnham and Schoening again, like right between International was a thing?

The only thing I have read was the TMNT crossover, which was fucking good.

Second the HCs. They're gorgeous and definitely worth it. The third volume just came out this past month and I double dipped them all with zero regrets. I still need to pick up the first TMNT crossover HC, though.

>supposedly good
They're genuinely good. I highly recommend them, barring 101, which I only sorta recommend solely due to the talents of the creative team. The fembusters, especially the obnoxious blonde, were the collective low-point of that mini but the rest of it was decent enough.

There's a second TMNT cross over in the works that should be out soon. Then the annual and from there it sounds like they're continuing with putting out minis. So looks like they plan on keeping it going.

Honestly as much as I love it Im surprised it lasted this long

That's better than nothing, I just hope the new ongoing doesn't kill off any love people have for Ghostbusters comics.

The fembuster book probably won't last long. We'll probably see another crossover though

Oh and I guess the fembuster book is just going to be 5 issues.

ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostbusters_IDW_Ongoing_Series

Actually if you're interested, the GB Wiki on the comic is extremely well detailed and both Burnham and Schoening are very chatty about what they work on