Not trying to shill or anything but
Please go and watch this movie when it come's out

Gracias

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im into skeletons
ill see it just on that merit

I'm excited both for this and for the Frozen short. Did they play it before Coco for you?

sure did
went for a little too long imo
but if you like Frozen, you'll love it

i saw it came out but as a northerner i cant connect with southern culture. might watch by accident when its on tv.

it's just the same plot as rock dog

so that alone will make this profitable.

Just got out from a showing, gotta say its the first movie in a long fucking time that actually made me cry, kind of obvious plot twist but it was so nicely delivered, also the ending while sad is one of the emotional I have seen coming from Pixar, the opening montage of UP is nothing compared to how hard this one hits you.

>tfw burger
>have to wait another 4 weeks to see it

I've been looking forward to it, and the Frozen short. Is it the movie at least better than Inside Out?

What, does the dog die? If so, I'll pass. I love my doggo too much for that shit.

Why is called Coco?

Thats literally the only thing about this movie that interests me, the kids voice acting sounds absolutely god awful, which actually surprises me.

Fag.

it's the Great Great Grandma's name

>Is it the movie at least better than Inside Out
Yes, it leaves a longer emotional impact, the ending is a tearjerker but not because its sad but because its really emotional and joyful,.
The frozen short was actually longer than expected, but it has a fun twist to it.
The plot is centered around the great grand mother of the MC who is named Coco, you'll get the point when you see it.
>the kids voice acting sounds absolutely god awful, which actually surprises me.
Yeah got to see both the english and mexican dub version, and the english one sounds really awkward, specially with the whole weird spanglish the movie has on the other hand, the kid they got for the mexican dub was actually great.

I'm glad it will win an Oscat,deserves it.

*Oscar

>mexican dub was actually great.
I'm enough of a snob to believe I would probably actually like the movie if I had a chance to watch the dub.

But every single tv spot I've seen of the movie has made me wonder what the fuck they were thinking when they cast the voice actor for the english version, he just sounds so, so bad.

Are there any cute skeleton waifus or should I save my money?

That's the problem, they got the english voice actor just because he comes from a latino family but probably knows shit about spanish and the accent they went for sound terrible same with most of the cast, as for Gael Garcia has the same role in both versions and is the only one that comes out with a credible accent in the english dub because he is actually from Mexico.
Once the movie comes out on sale I would probably recommend the mexican dub over the english one, also the songs's are really different and better in spanish because they actually used mariachi singers for them.
Sorry m8, no cute skeleton waifus this time, just stereotypical catrinas with eyeballs.

No, I will not support a company who literally made a solid attempt at COPYRIGHTING the name of a holiday for this movie

fuck disney

>Go to rottentomatoes
>t-t-thank you gringo for making movie about our culture
>Go to Sup Forums
>n-not shilling please go see movie about my country sniff
Damn, Mexicans will suck dick for every cultural scrap Americans will throw in their direction.

Id rather just play Grim Fandango

Is it better or worse than Book of Life?

Ok El Pixaro

Didn’t the director of this movie say this for a year, then sold out like a prostitute the moment Disney offered him a shitload of money?

Coco doesn't have Cheech Marin

Depends on what you are looking for, Book of life as a more unique approach in the design of the land of the dead, and its more focused on the love story first ratter than the day of the dead topic. Coco on the other had is all about the meaning of day of the dead and the values its suppose to promote.

he has like one line in Coco actually, it was really weird

So the english dub is that bad

Its not terrible, but it gets distracting hearing the kid weird fake mexican accent and sudden spanish words coming out from the characters' mouths at random moments as if the audience even knew what the fuck they are talking about.

Shit, really?

yeah, he appears as a random police guy in the world of the dead

It's racist and creepy as fuck. No one cares about the "El Dia De Los Muertos" aka Day of the Dead other than Mexicans. Even other types of Hispanics get creeped out when they bring food, and clothing to grave yards and throw parties for dead bodies.

This!
>everyone has a cheesy Mexican accent
>random Spanish words thrown in
lol, that shit would not happen if it was set in medieval Sweden or some shit like frozen

>Cried like a bitch
>It gets too real at times
Why do Mexicans get so sentimental any time the US remembers they exist? Literally no other country does this.

Please spoile me the whole movie, I only watch movies in theaters if I know the whole plot first.

Why do they look like gross Chucky Cheese characters?

>first Disney Latino movie
>iAY AY AY, MUY LOCO, MARIACHY Y DIOS DE LOS MUERTOS, AY CARAMBA!

very subtle,Disney. I like it

Was the kid shirtless at any point?

>Mexicans love Pixar films
>Pixar films tend to perform better in Mexico
>Pixar makes a good movie about a beloved mexican holiday
>Mexicans love it because its about the actual holiday, also Mexicans love stereotypes not like the thin skinned murricans that find everything to be offensive
Disney knows how to make fucking money baby

Nah, lots of white chicks are into it for the aesthetic.

>a company who literally made a solid attempt at COPYRIGHTING the name of a holiday for this movie

Does it really surprise you? Don't forget about how Disney succeeded in taking a name (Princess Aurora) that was already in the public domain out of the public domain, just because Mattel was going to make a CGI Barbie princess movie where barbie was going to be named Princess Aurora .

You know disney is getting away with LOTS of things? Like making a depressing, racist movie.

And Mexicans will love them for that, because they can’t help but wet their panties the moment America senpai notices them.

>It's racist
Mexicans don't find it racist at all, stereotypes are something they love, only Americans and supposed "Mexican-Americans' find it offensive.
>No one cares about the "El Dia De Los Muertos" aka Day of the Dead other than Mexicans.
Then why I am seeing niggers and chinks dressing up as Catrinas all over the US? Aren't they against the so called "cultural appropriation" bullshit?

>racist movie
>Its racist to portray mexicans as they really are
Why are Americans so offended by anything

well amerifats are used to seeing their countries on the movies all the time, and only show cliche monuments whenever other parts of the world are shown, but apparently anything below the equator does not matter in movies.

so its nice to be reminded that other people know you exist

>Why are Americans so offended by anything
Meanwhile, the moment Trump said immigrants committed more crime, Mexico cried so hard they threatened to raise the sea level.

Not Coco.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

This one.

>Why do Mexicans get so sentimental any time the US remembers they exist?

Mexico doesn't have a strong cultural identity yet. most of the country didn't even speak the same language for a while, and the people have only been connected by the media until very recently too. That's why Mexican threads are mostly about old mundane tv shows like "El Chavo del Ocho." El Chavo is a tv show created by and staring a Jewish man named Chespirito who can speak spanish.

The Mexican movies you mostly see are funded by their government, and go thru a check list of Mexican iconography that they must have in order to get funded so that's why "Dia de los Muertos" shows up a lot.

>El Chavo is a tv show created by and staring a Jewish man named Chespirito who can speak spanish.
You're thinking of Don Francisco.

>go thru a check list of Mexican iconography that they must have in order to get funded so that's why "Dia de los Muertos" shows up a lot.
Honestly I see more Dia de los Muertos stuff in American movies than I ever have in Mexican movies.

>immigrants committed more crime
Well he is not wrong about the crime part, they are committing a crime just by staying in the US illegally. But the biggest crime problem in the US is actually the whole nigger population, but now there is nothing to do about it because "MUH BLACK LIVES MATTER!"
>Mexico cried so hard they threatened to raise the sea level
Nah that is what your fake news media tells you m8, that and Vicente Fox shitposting edgy bullshit as usual

>Don Francisco
That's not how you spell "Mario KREUTZBERGER"

>Mexico cried so hard they threatened to raise the sea level.
Mexico didn't really care. Even now the only reason the wall is even an issue to them is because Trump thinks he can make them pay for it.

Reminder that Coca Cola had to apologize to Mexico for an ad showing indigenous people receiving cokes from WHITE PEOPLE.

>I see more Dia de los Muertos stuff in American movies than I ever have in Mexican movies.
This, looks like its about to become the new 5 de Mayo holiday in America, guess the corporation wanna get all the shekels they can, I mean money is money

>have so little faith in it that they need to add a 20 minute Frozen short

Kek

Yeah, there's always been this big misconception that it's a huge holiday in Mexico equal to Halloween, but about the only places that genuinely care about it are rural areas. It ends up getting features more in American media because it's a holiday people in the US can easily identify as a Mexican tradition.

Just like how whenever people go to New Orleans on a show, it always just happens to be Mardi Gras.

You do realize that Pixar is a household name right?

>Honestly I see more Dia de los Muertos stuff in American movies than I ever have in Mexican movies.
This, what you usually watch on Mexican movies is just Drama (usually about poor people) or the tits of Martha Higareda.

People will watch Coco because its a fucking Pixar movie not because of the short.

Which was fucking stupid because the only offended ones where the "Mexican-American" and the "La Raza" faggots with their double standards, Mexicans don't give about those sort of stuff, If anything they will just laugh it out as a joke.
Also reminder that Steve Hadley and Scott McClellan, asked the Mexican government to remove Memin Pinguin comic books and stamps for being "racist"

>>Not trying to shill or anything but

Nice try, El Shill-o.

>Even other types of Hispanics get creeped out when they bring food, and clothing to grave yards and throw parties for dead bodies.

>implying burgers even know about other types of spics and don't just assume everything south of the border is Meh-hi-/see-oh/

Frozen was garbage and full of shit that's only there to subvert shit that didn't need to be subverted.
Also the annoying fucking snowman.

If I want to watch Mexican shit, I'd rather watch Dragonball Super or El Chavo.

Was already planning on it amigo. About fucking time we had a movie that shows Mexican's in a positive light.

Take their land like the Indians. Kick them out of their own land (state is called New Mexico for a reason). Allow them to come back during World War because all the men were out fighting...just to kick them back out when it ended (may have killed some in the process). Buy their drugs then demonize them for it.

And now we blame them for job loss and not the Great Recession.

>But user, they have the scariest gangs in the world.

Yeah, you know what, if my people were treated like that, I think I'd join them, too. Face it, the United States are awful neighbors.

The holiday FROZEN short was originally intended to be a 20min tv special with 10mins of commercials which would air FOR FREE around Christmas. That's why it's way longer than the last FROZEN short film "FROZEN FEVER".

Disney noticed that they majorly overestimated how many fucks Americans would give about a CGI Mexican "Dia de los Muertos" film.
>they Panic
Disney FROZEN holiday tv special is no longer free to watch on network tv, but instead you now have to now pay to see it in theaters in hopes of #SAVINGCOCO.

There is no El Chavo or Chapolin episode about dia de los muertos.

it made over a billion therefore it's good and you will get more in the future.

Is that here "El Día de Muertos" is a more religious thing than commercial so the tv and tends to leave it alone (and focus in the "Halloween" instead).

The twist is gramma die at the end?

>they will remember her as old senile, nearly blind,deaf lady on wheelchair.

What a shitty afterlife.

> disney tries to trademark a holiday in exchange of ugly skeletons

I briefly read the junior novelization.The plot twist is:
the singer is imposter and murderer, the trickster is the author of the songs. Granny doesn't die

I'm conflicted because from what I have seen I don't like the skeleton designs on coco

>Cried like a bitch
>It gets too real at times

It gets to real because it's about a deadbeat dad

It's amazing how people can still doubt Based Disney

This comic is so tiresome.

Thanks for the report, Señor user.
I of course knew Coco was going to be great and Pixar has still got it.
Every tasteless contrarian and anti-Pixar fag shall concede their worst defeat right after Coco wins an Oscar.
It's the inevitable fate of Sup Forums.

This desu. Well-deserved.

Good, all the Mouse does is create fanfic.

THEY HAVE FUCKING EYELIDS.

>0.01 pesos have been deposited in your account

Go home, Pan.

Why does he have a pet chupacabra?

NO
(translator note: NO is the spanish word for NO)

And Eyeballs. And the skeletal structure is just unsettling. And not in a good way.

Pretty much. Wonder how many will leave after watching the "short"

Lacks the style you don't have marionettes made to look like the candy skulls with intricate facial carvings and paint.

Just Hispanic Skeletons.

How does Disney dick taste, shill?

Mexibro here. No, fuck you. Coco deserves to crash and burn for taking our traditions and shitting over something this bland.

Plus Disney can fuck off after trying to trademark Dia de Muertos