Why is Cyborg the official DC black guy for adaptations? Why not John Stewart, Vixen, or Mr. Terrific?

Why is Cyborg the official DC black guy for adaptations? Why not John Stewart, Vixen, or Mr. Terrific?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsKF1DWPDxA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because a lot of teens/young adults who grew up watching 03 TT are familiar with Cyborg.

Because a lot of kids who watch TTG are familiar with Cyborg.

Something something so that they can relate to someone not fully human.

Or Martian Manhunter as a black man ala Icon.

Cyborg is the most interesting character out of the ones you've listed.

John is the worst character to have ever been created. His single greatest moment was getting to put his dick inside a white wymen.

Vixen IS a wymen

Mr. Terrific is from Earth 2. No one cares about Earth 2

Because they already halfway got a whiteguy Hal Jordan thing going for GL.

If that Ryan Reynolds movie didn't exist then no doubt they would have gone with John Stewart instead of Cyborg.

Teen Titans recognition. That is all.

there's no need for an official black guy

Same reason why Babs is the official Batgirl.
Why try something new when the public knows the old thing?

Teen Titans was THE hot comic in the 80s, when black characters were finally gaining proper traction and not just being Luke Cage: Black McBlack.

DC has never ever ever ever managed to come up with a black character that reached the popularity Cyborg had (and Cyborg only had it because he was part of Titans, not by being a particularly good character in his own right).

DC is fundamentally a shitty lazy company, so rather than put a little effort into trying to elevate other black heroes they just spam the fuck out of cyborg. He's a Titan! He's a Justice Leaguer! Yes, we have black heroes, here's Cyborg, Cyborg, and... Cyborg!

(Yeah they bought Static, but they managed to fuck up the work that McDuffie and Milestone did to make Static good in the first place, which really just makes things worse).

Honestly it's just pathetic at this point.

why is this the only cyborg comic

He's on his second series and probably had a mini. They're just not good. The above comic had the worst technobabble I've ever seen.

Threadly reminder that Vixen would make a better JL member than Cyborg and deserves more exposure

>Sup Forums falls for the bait again

>Cyborg enters a "Digital Dimension"
>Cyborg can't have a villain that isn't tech based
>Love interest is literally called Variant

This guy should be a Cyborg villain.
Can completely control the net if he so wishes.
Can heal any injury or sickness in the human body.
Fire invisible energy bullets that can change trajectory.
Energy projection in many forms.
Self repairing
Flight, super strength, super speed, highly durable.
Doesn't need food or rest.
Can control electronics near him.
Very subtle in his methods.

This is not a hyperbole.

As far as I remember, the last time Vixen got put on the Justice League Sup Forums got the writer fired.

black ironman

>John Stewart
They don't want that Green Lantern

>Vixen
She's a female. They want a black guy. Plus she's a literal "who"?

>Mr. Terrific
He has no powers. The genius guy with strategy, gadgets, and money position has been taken by Batman. Do you know how boring it'd be with TWO powerless heroes on screen?

If they want a black Iron man they should use Hardware.

Don't forget about Shaquille O'Neal.

I just want a new TT tv show tho

N52 Static was retarded while DCAU Static was closer to the original source and heavy
also Alan Moore Cursed McDuffie because of Before Watchmen

>John Stewart
GL movie flopped
>Vixen
Woman
>Mr. Terrific
Silly name

I know it'll never happen for various reasons (spinoff of more popular character, too much like Iron Man, the Shaq movie), but I really wish Steel was the go-to DC black guy.

I wish DC would've made Static work

>is black
>can't have a normal life cause he is half cyborg

wtf are they thinking? Luke Cake, Rhodey, Falcon can all walk around and have day to day secret identity lives. Cyborg can't.

Jon Stewart, John Henry Irons, various others can. Black guy cant be shown living his life? So dumb.

sadly spot on

>Or Martian Manhunter as a black man ala Bloodwynd.

Fixed. He's also been played pretty consistently by black guys since the Justice League cartoon.

Having Steel in the Justice League in a movie where Superman died fighting Doomsday?

That'd be a betrayal of who he is as a character.

Cyborg is also a pretty shitty name, honestly. Like, it's anyone with robot parts- DC probably has dozens of people that qualify for the name.

youtube.com/watch?v=QsKF1DWPDxA