Who's the Big Boss of comics?

Do you have any ideas Sup Forums? Frank kiiiiinda fits, but not really.

>Frank
That's really stretching it.
I think closest was OG Nick Fury, not Jr.

Isn't it Nick Fury?

>That's really stretching it.
That's why I said kinda, but not really. Fury's a good proposition, with Steranko and Secret Warriors. But he's not really a "war against the world" type of guy.

Are we talking Punished Snake Big Boss or OG Big Boss?

Doom

Visually Deathstroke, but he's only in it for the money

Hmm, good question. Let's say both.

A character the writer jerks off so much it ruins the series ?

You mean the "war against the world" part, right? Hell, considering he dumped world rulling as long as it became boring, Doom is in it partly due to the thrill of war. It fits.

Slade going all Outer Haven would make for a good story, all things considered.

Magneto. Starts out as a man who wants to do good to prevent bad shit happening again after WW2 but ultimately becomes a villain himself.

Stark, if he didn't get rebooted every few years. He starts out as an all-American hero but as time goes on he becomes more and more of a cold, logic-driven control-freak that places his IP and corporation over country and comrades. Had the movie not hit, Stark would've 100% become Big Boss, with the Registered Heroes folowing him in a quasi-City State.

Nick Fury, definitely.
But it also works for Cap, I guess.

What about DC?

Captain America is more like The Boss form MGS3.

I guess? I don't know. It doesn't have a direct relation, but I somehow could fit Steve's history in BB somehow, with Bucky being Solid Snake and Red Skull Ocelot, I think, maybe.

Anons are kind of right about Slade in DC, I kinda could see it fitting in too.

>Registered Heroes
is that still a thing

Maria Hill or Adrian Chase Vigilante, literally built for suffering.

Those who registered still have their names know, but the law was revoked, but all the info were downloaded in Tony's brain, which he erased and then backed up again. So, kinda, but not really.

>What about DC?
King Faraday? Amanda Waller? Dir. Bones?

>Slade going all Outer Haven would make for a good story, all things considered.
You could actually make that work, but only if he was the protagonist.

>starting your own country with your mercenary pals to further your ideal philosophy.
>keep doing it, with slight tweaks to the plan
it's Cable

frank & batman fit more into the role of solid snake

nick fury and maybe more modern interpretations of deathstroke fit more into the role of big boss

cap would definitely fit for the role of venom snake in addition to big boss & solid snake

I can see Priest doing something like this once Defiance is over, TBQH.

Not a bad choice, actually.

>Cap
I'm... not seeing it. Big Boss lives for the war. Cap doesn't really strike me as that kind of guy. Tony fits the mold more, since his whole reason for suiting up was that he was an adrenaline junkie. Cap eventually wants to retire.

Batman

Dick is Solid
Todd is Liquid
Joker is Ocelot

Faraday's a company man through and through, he's a spy but he's not a soldier. Rick Flag Sr. fits the bill more in that regard.

Batman

Who's better? Punished Rogers or Punished Frank?

Wait... after second thoughts, I think Terry fits Solid better.

>innumerable successors who try to live up to his legend
>cloned son made against his will
>fights superhuman freaks and weirdos with no powers other than "peak human ability"

Kind of? There's parallels there but they're both after very different things for very different reasons. Deathstroke's closer in terms of skillset and attitude but he's just a merc, not a soldier looking for a battlefield with no end or borders.