You have 30 seconds to explain why you aren't a trucker

i make 30k a year moving freight for Swift, why arent you a truck driver Sup Forums?

plus i get to see the country, hotels are paid for by the company, and i shower at truck stops or the hotel rooms

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE
latimes.com/projects/la-fi-automated-trucks-labor-20160924/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I make 105k a year sizing transformers for a local utility and fuck my fleshlight in my shower every night. i hate my job

Damn, I was a taxi driver and I cleared 75k per year...

Canadian dollars are different value than american dollars

i live in an apartment complex, i love my life, i have a dog, and an on-again off-again GF

i'm gone 5 days a week,

I don't see the relevance in why you're bringing up your fleshlight, buddy.

Still more homey

Lol wut.

Longhaul drivers can make 100k+ i heard.

I make 30k a year as a security guard sitting in my parked car doing nothing all night.

maybe i'm anti-social and in my happy place in wide open roads? it's theraputic for me

fuck off

not a longhaul driver, i just make runs up and down the state

I make that much but I'm not otr all the time

I make 140k sitting in air conditioning chilling out with bros.

Jesus, I thought I had the shaft at 50k a year playing on my cell phone and watching dudes piss in a cup.
All of a sudden, my life doesn't look so bad.

Shitty hours.

30k is shit and driving a sedan fucking sucks with all the idiots on the road, cant imagine the hell it must be driving a bigass truck

I've considered it. I don't mind driving. It's a good job for an introvert. Not a bad gig. But I got other shit going on.

how many other truckers are there with DUIs? I have one from 4 years ago when I was a dumbass but I'd love to truck.

Because I'm a writer and driving a truck wouldn't allow me to keep drinking like this job does.

> tfw I barely make 10k as a a security guard
Shoyld Should really move to the us. At least I'm being paid to shitpost on Sup Forums all day.

>i make 30k
bruh, it's 2016. That's like $8500/yr in 1986 money. Is this a joke thread?

get a girlfriend loser

Im a kitchen manager for a chicken wing shack and i make 40k yearly, yea i work 50hours a week but 20 of that is bullshiting around and i fuck 20 year old servers.

i hope you all realize transportation jobs will be made obsolete by automation in the next 10-15 years. if not sooner

30k a year is poverty level

Do you just transport sound equipment and all for her concerts? Also how does her hair smell?

I made 52k a year driving, swift is shit. 2.5 years experience. Now I'm in dispatch.
Get good.

I did oil truck, I know its not good right now, but I wish you luck in being an owner operator soon. Everyone spends hours rationalizing being a driver. Seriously, get a vehicle on margin, keep your normal shift and youll be making 30-50% more. Some companies this is impossible though.

>works for swift
funny guy, driver.

For those unaware, swift drivers are notorious for their inability to know how to drive among other things pic related.

seems /comfy/ do you have a stable home or are you just lone for the whole time? would be a pretty cool job if you didnt have any ties to people/places

Because im comfy in my house being a welder for about 65k a year in a rural town where my mortgage is $850 a month for 4.5 acres and a decent 3bdrm 2bath.

Cant prove i did anything with matches.

I don't drive a truck, but I work around truckers a lot and I know that shit ain't as easy as you're making it out to be, especially if you want a family.

And Swift, really? Fucking joke, bruh.

>30K a year
Christ man, I'm Mexican and make 42K a year and I only work 3 days a fucking week
No wonder you guys want us deported so badly

>30k
I make almost that sitting behind a fucking desk. You can easily make 50k being a manager at a shitty retail/restaurant establishment.

I make a quarter of a million a hectosecond picking at my hemorrhoids in my shit funnel

so she can eventually divorce him and he can effectively make 50k a year?

my father was one, he died in an accident

Because I don't want to make less than half of what I do now.

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE

This lol

>considers himself a writer

I bet you make clickbait.

typo!

130k a year

but yeah, i dont like most people

i have no ties to places, I go wherever the company tells me to go

All swift drivers I deal with are legitimately dumb as fuck. Like crackheads and shooting up in their fucking truck. Their paperwork is in shambles and the dispatch can never help.

>I make 25k a year washing trucks

A truck killed my fellow countrymen...!

HOLY SHIT HOW DID HE HAVE BABBY @ 1???!!!

Not bad if you're single, relationship suicide if you're not.

I work around many truck drivers though and they're on the road driving 14+ hours a day usually and have deadlines. That just wouldn't fly with me, having to constantly be on the move and be within an hour or two window, or risk losing my job, and planning to be 6 hours away again within another 1-2 hour window, no excuses.

I make 1200 a day supervising rigs in the oilfields
And Swift is full of bitches

Wtf I hate trucks now

I prefer welding

Sure a typo... after everyone was lol for half an hour :D

70k selling sugar water for a major liquid refreshment beverage company. Life's good bro

You know you can't do that with feminism righT? Fuck off loser

I make 82k/yr as an RN-BSN

You missed the part of completely throwing away your social life, friends, family, to be a trucker.

how the hell are truckers in that high of a demand that you get paid that much?

i've heard of 60k for truck drivers, but my bro has a masters degree and makes half your salary.

you transporting hazardous cargo or something?

What about family/friends/lovers

is it me or is the industry getting fucked by temps?

130K then you're set. Only reason I'm not is because I'm in this dying trade (boiler engineer) and in a year or two, I can operate a oilwell steaming unit that my family owns. Surprise though, it consists of two modified semi trailers, so Imight as well upgrade my licence as well.

Trucking is a mans's job

Nah 15ka year is poverty level

>tfw after rent I have 40 dollars for food for the month

>30k a year

I nearly make this much as a night security guard driving a car around a dedicated community, writing 6 lines per hour on my reports, and basically do whatever the fuck I want except sleep.

dude that's not much

however getting to see the country is nice

wendy's chef reporting in

>low paying
>boring as fuck
>don't want my lower back to turn to mush

Robots could replace 1.7 million American truckers in the next decade
latimes.com/projects/la-fi-automated-trucks-labor-20160924/

I'm not an egocentric moron that believe that he's the king of the road.

>on again off again

hows that cuck life going?

need 80k or more/year

You enjoy having to spend the whole day in a truck and then having to sleep in it?

US poverty line for one person is $11k. Try again bogan.

How do I start? This thread is pure gold on a basic level.

Because interstate trucking here is different. Look it up. Brisbane - Melbourne - perth

>30k a year
My father is a truck driver in the midwest and makes 90,000 a year for a furniture company.

t. plebbit red pill users.

I make 40k a year taking photos for car dealerships working 20 hours a week max.

Go to auto trader to see my work.

>and an on-again off-again GF

Translation

>While I'm away being le awesome truckie my gf is at home being plowed by Ahmed or Tyrone sometimes both.

What's sad about this is that there actually are OTR truck drivers that only make 30-35k a year

I'm getting a cdl soon, no way in hell I would drive OTR for such a shit wage unless I were borderline homeless

That job will be dead in 10 years tops, self driving trucks are the future.

Do you have to be obese before becoming a truck driver, or does that come after?

Trucking is a pretty cool life. In my previous life as a site engineer I used to hitch rides on 50 tonne trucks delivering material from site to site. Truck drivers know their shit about driving.

Now I'm just a bid guy deciding how many truckers I need. Kek.

kek. Sounds like schneider drivers

I was a "trucker" for a decade. I got sick of paying insane taxes, and dealing with my freightshaker breaking down constantly. Also getting fines for over 90k pounds because grain farmers want' to overfill you. I wanted to spend more time with my family and gave that shit up. Not worth the stress.

I have no desire to pick up hookers and kill them.

>30k a year

My reason's right there

I kill mine on the spot. No foreplay

you only make 30k a year? My buddy is also a truck driver and he clears over 60k. He drives a long way though

I make 70k as a car salesman smoking and drinking on every lunch break.

The job is a good one, OP, but you can do better financially doing the exact same job? Why not get paid more to do the same job? Don't sell yourself short.

Also, it's nice to hear someone say that he or she is happy. It's pretty rare.

>getting to see the country
You mean getting to see the side of the road all over the country?

You don't make that much as a truck driver EVER. Even if you own the truck

Fuck this retarded bait

On again off again means she's riding the cock carousel.

Because I make 62.5k as a security guard, sitting on my ass reading books and playing the vidya

Because people simply don't wanna do it, like a lot of trades.
Truck drivers and sailors especially because faggots these days just can't deal with not being at home 16 hours every day.

30k a year is shit bro. especially when your never got off work for weeks on end, aka sleeping in truck stops instead of your comfy home.

SURE
WISHED
I
FINISHED
TRAINING

Did you paint the bottom of your trailer orange so it looks like a Schneider flipped over from the news chopper?

30 k a year is shit
as a truck driver, that is especially shit. its supposed to be one of the higher paid vocations.
move to a different company lad, you are getting shafted

It's true. Longest stint at sea I did was 14 weeks. No cunt wants to do that

i assume you get something from teh hookers, or all you're really doing is going around killing people. hopefully big titty people

because I make 110k in Texas as a systems engineer (where cost if living is fucking cheap compared to silicon valley/seattle tech areas)

most of your jobs will be automated away. I'm working on building the cloud infrastructure that will support said automation. good luck normies. I pray for my sons future

I pressure wash trucks!

Just lols

Being a trucker here means being expected to break the law multiple times a day just to remain competitive.
Many of them are from East Europe and are used to much shittier lives, so they don't have a big problem with the lifestyle.