Will it suck? Will it be entertaining? Will it be better or worse than the Ruby-Spears series?

Will it suck? Will it be entertaining? Will it be better or worse than the Ruby-Spears series?

Will Mega Man ever get another comic series?

Other urls found in this thread:

rockman-corner.com/2017/10/dhx-seeking-pixel-art-animator-for-next.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it'll get us a game right?
r-right?

Isn’t it going with the “MC is a school kid who is secretly a hero” route?

Sadly yes.

Then it probably won’t be very good.

I'm sure Capcom will make a freemium mobile tie in game to go along with the show.

can you imagine if it actually turned out to be fucking awesome? I mean it won't, but can you imagine?

>probably
>please, God, even if it’s so bad it’s good
>equal. Unless there’s a lion men 2, then better
>probably, but it might not be classic

>Unless there’s a lion men 2

THIS

Any designs of Protoman?

Remember that Miniman is a thing in this show

Reminder Light is responsible for centuries of damage!
Reminder we aren't getting Act III any soon

No problem. We have harems to solve that.

Did they change the design? It went from outright terrible to... still terrible but not as terrible.

They did

>HaremShit
>Improving the Quality of a Show
Is this a joke or are you an Sup Forumsutist who got lost?

Yes

Thank god, it looked terrible

>wanting more Zero
Fuck off. Creator's pet ruined part of the X series, then he gets his own games, then a spinoff which is just more of him with a different name.
Zero sucks

Who's the girl on the right

Luna Platz from Megaman Starforce

Just bring back Archie's Mega Man. It's all I want.

>Wanting that
>While you could want ZX3, X9, Legends 3 or maybe a game that connects all the timelines

It still looks sort of terrible, but it's an improvement.

Fuck off. I liked his spinoffs. They were fun. Besides, X himself wasn’t really all that interesting or unique compared to classic.

>I backed MN9 and all I got was this lousy game

>but can you imagine?
No

That's not true, he also got to cry like an anime fan on prom night.

Zero games have amazing gameplay though. They're super underrated and basically what Mighty No 9 should've been.

Hell, MMZ4 lets you steal weapons from ANY ENEMY in the game, which game lets you do that? There is total of 57 unique weapons in the game, each with different behaviour, element, speed and damage - what other Megaman game can boast variety like that?

This really reminds me of Looney Tunes Unleashed

You know the OP picture isn't what the show actually looks like, right?
It switched to CGI.

>>While you could want ZX3, X9, Legends 3 or maybe a game that connects all the timelines

Classic Mega Man is the only one I care about. Well I like the original X series as well, but after that it just got retarded. The rest of the spinoffs are meh.

>connecting all the timelines
Yeah, I trust that to the guys who wrote about a robot who put himself into stasis and woke up centuries later even though he got out of stasis after like six months.

>which game lets you do that?
I can think of an entire franchise based on that. Brsides, I think quality over quantity is better for MegaMan games: boss weapons > shitty minor enemy weapons

tell me this isn't true

Why does Megaman always get fucked?

Writing is hard, just look at Marvel.

You can also use the search terms Shirogane Luna from Ryuusei no Rockman if that helps at all

>Hell, MMZ4 lets you steal weapons from ANY ENEMY in the game, which game lets you do that?

Battle Network and Star Force.

X is better than zero, pleb. Zero gameplay was boring as fuck and bogged down by awful cyber-elf gimmicks

>Star Force
>can steal enemy powers but only stole half of BN's gameplay

>Zero gameplay was boring as fuck
You must be either A) losing or B) using too many upgrades. I find it's more exciting to play with 1 SubTank and primarily use only the Buster as main with Saber for one slash at a time as Sub or main Saber without charging it and have Buster as my Sub. You're probably playing too efficiently or are just bad, a lot of first timers are like that.

It's real. The show switched to CGI after the fallout when the original awful design was released, even though the demo reel was nowhere near as bad as the press image. It was going to be a more straightforward Ben 10 knockoff.

To rub salt in the wound, the studio making the new cartoon is looking for pixel art animators, probably to make episode bumpers.
rockman-corner.com/2017/10/dhx-seeking-pixel-art-animator-for-next.html?m=1

>Want to defend Star Force
>The only memorable thing about it is Harp Notes guitar riff

>Mega Man was going to be a knockoff of a Dial H for Hero knockoff

Fuck, just do a Mega Man cartoon

In all fairness, SF1 had one of the best standalone MM stories in general. It doesn't have much to compete with, but still.

It'll suck for a period, with a few glimmers of gold, then the writers will stop giving a fuck and make it great for some jokes.

>Playing efficiently is a bad thing
>Thinks it's a good game
Jesus christ

Yeah, I didn't know Inafune browsed Sup Forums either.

my waifu

You better run user, I'm gonna go grab my shotgun if I catch you talking about my daughter like that again.

She is not your waifu, she is a snek

Maybe it'll at least generate some okay toys.

>bogged down by awful cyber-elf gimmicks
Except I never fucking use them because I don't care about this entire system, which is fully optional? It's just somethign so newbies can organically adjust difficulty if it's too hard for them, or for 100% completion.

Zero, BN and Star Force are actually three Megaman series fully produced by Inafune (as in, as a producer and not just as a character designer etc).
Considering he put a similar thing in pitch for MN9, I think he likes that mechanic.

How do you feel now that your goddess is a furry, megamanfags?

You lie.

>ciel
>goddess
lol no she was a shit character

Oh no, an imaginary 14 year old doesn't want to have sex with me.

The Zero series is largely a far greater in core mechanics than the X series. Started off rough as fuck though.

It'd be another Battle Network-- some abomination that has nothing to do being Megaman except in name, but then people wind up liking it and demanding ten billion sequels and the focus on their version of the franchise.

>The Zero series is largely a far greater
Stopped reading right there. Zero series isn't greater than anything, let alone far greater. Inafune please leave.

W- why is she bottomless? Did start riding someone's dick and then in the middle of the do she just started showing him her furry art?
Which honestly is not entirely out of character for her I guess, she's pretty much the adorkable autistic.

fuck off, zerofag

>nothing to do being Megaman
except for similar artstyle, atmosphere, charm, characters, plot, mechanics (as adapted to an RPG)... sure, user.

Hey now, BN was an interesting AU to the megaman series

it could be a sonic boom guys!

I play the Mega Man games often and hold the franchise pretty dearly and each of the core series holds some pretty fantastic strengths. One of Zero's being that is that it balances both close and long range mechanics together in a seamless way rather than make separate entities. And the boss fights are easily among the most exciting and satisfying of the entire franchise, barring the first game. It loses strength in other things though, like they never really did expand on Zero's moveset in any significant way between the games, and the cyber-elf system in place of collectibles in the first 2 games was counter-intuitive as fuck. Barring the first game, which was really more of a test of my patience than anything else, the rest of the Zero series easily stands shoulder to shoulder with the majority of the sidescrolling MM games.

>the Zero series easily stands shoulder to shoulder with the majority of the sidescrolling MM games.
Wrong.

Your goddess. Not mine.

Let's see...

Man of Action is behind this.
Their current Ben 10 series is fucking godawful.
This Mega Man is basically a retooled Ben 10 (elementary school kid who uses a wrist watch-like device to turn into a superhero).

It's gonna suck so hard it will make you wanna cry like an anime fan on prom night.

I'm glad that we could hear your Objective and Absolutely True Opinion that Doesn't Need Any Justification Or Explanation, user.

So glad you contributed to this discussion in a meaningful way instead of doing something moronic.

What a detailed and skillfully worded response.

Glad you like it ;)

>similar artstyle
All anime looks the same, amirite?
>atmosphere
Not really, since EXE isn't on a mission to put down his brothers.
>charm
It's more generic shounen than generic kids cartoon like classic was.
>characters
Those bastardizations that only share the names of classic's characters? Yeah no.
>plot
There's a Megaman, a Dr. Light, and a Wily. That's it, that's the only correlation.
>mechanics
Now you're just trolling. EXE can shoot and charge his buster, that's all that was carried over.

What the fuck even happened to Man of Action? They used to make decent cartoons, and now they put out total shitpile.

Yes.

Laziness combined with greed.

Zero games are a slog, they only exist for speedrunners.

Speedrunning them can be pretty fun, but I personally like to aim for the 100 point average more. I stick to classic MM for speedrunning.

That theory is hot
This. Cial is the goddess

>since EXE isn't on a mission to put down his brothers.
The Protomen isn't canon, you edgelord. Megaman Classic is a silly lighthearted superhero story about supervillain using robots to conquer the world, and a robot superhero who needs to save it with help of his robot dog.

Which is basically the premise of BN, just replace "using robots" to "using Navis", "conquer the world" to "conquer the Net", "robot superhero" to "plucky kid Netbattler" and "robot dog" to "Megaman.EXE"

>EXE can shoot and charge his buster
Uh, I hate to break it to you but that's what you do in Megaman. You jump and you shoot, and if you don't make a platformer, then you just shoot.

More seriously, I meant the whole emphasis on the element system and Battle Chips (weapons) and the fact that you can gain Battle Chips from defeated enemies just like Megaman gains weapons from defeated bosses. This is pretty strongly emphasised and if you ask me, 'gaining enemy weapons' is a core concept for Megaman games in general.
Also just like you can use Rush or Beat for help, Megaman can summon Navis of his friends like Roll.EXE or Gutsman.EXE for help
- you even need to unlock/find them in-game, just like with Beat.

Proto Man will probably be a woman.

I wish they did a Megaman X or Legends series instead.

I wish they brought back Fighter Roll from Ruby Spears, who is a regular action hero but only fights with kitchen appliances.
Just grabs into hammerspace and drops a fridge on a motherfucker.

Legends would make a good cartoon, it's even structured like one. I mean, Bonnes are the quintessential "harmless villain gang that serves mostly as comic relief and to show how powerful REAL villain is"

It's a shame Ruby-Spears episodes had a tendency to go with generic cartoon plots that were really boring. The MM characters were entertaining.

I always hated how Mega Man bad those big dumb eyebrows, that made him look like he had a unibrow.

>harmless
They destroyed an entire section of Kattleox, Tron destroys a whole village, and they take over sandpeople city too. They're dangerous terrorists.

Jakks has the toy license. I hope those at least turn out as okay as their Nintendo line. That will make it all worth it to me, since Japan constantly fucks their Rockman lines up.

>Hating on Battle Network
I will find you and I will destroy you.

>Reminder we aren't getting Act III any soon
p-please user... t-they're recording.... i swear...

God this drives me insane.

Wasn't Light indirectly responsible for the destruction of mankind with the invention of X that led to AIs eradicating all of mankind by Volnut's time?

Does it even matter? Cartoon Network will only ever show it at 6am on sunday at best and then sens it off to die on Boomerang in less than a month

I feel like any happy ending they'd try to give the story in Part 3 would be bullshit. The existing two parts send a powerful message and function as a great tragedy. I worry a third act would mess that up with some saccharine "positive" ending that would betray the message of the first act.

>that fucking pic

I was not expecting to cry in a megaman thread but here we fucking are.

It's gonna be dogshit. Just like Nickelodeon's Speed Racer and Voltron. They could have reboot Megaman without doing this. They could do so many new things with Megaman but they choose this.

Hell, they could have rebooted the series, made it into a Metroidvania and improved on the ZX formula or just stop being faggots and make MML3.

I always love when people see the test roll footage of game-accurate Megaman and go "THIS IS THE SHOW WE SHOULD HAVE GOT" not realizing that it STILL would have had the writing and stupidity the Ruby Spears show had. If anything, the designs might have invited the writers to go even DUMBER.